Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Apparently there's a new exploit going around and people are buying up items on the GTN like crazy with exploited credits. SWTOR miner on Reddit days it's the worst one yet.

Knowing this, you have two options -

A) List everything you can for high prices and make some money from the exploiters.

B) Stay the hell away from the GTN for a bit because there's a history of them banning and suspending people who profit from exploits, intended or unaware.

Edit - my recommendation is B, better safe than sorry.

Well that would explain how the ~700 million in items I listed when I got home from work sold by the time I was done with dinner. If any dupers bought my stuff the last go round I didn't get actioned for it so hopefully I'll be alright this time.

Also Talos Drelik is the best companion...his chipper attitude is only made more funny by the fact that he is traveling with potentially the most murderous and deranged player character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Jorgan's meltdown was pretty great. Thanks for validating my choice in XO, fuzzball.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Well that would explain how the ~700 million in items I listed when I got home from work sold by the time I was done with dinner. If any dupers bought my stuff the last go round I didn't get actioned for it so hopefully I'll be alright this time.

Also Talos Drelik is the best companion...his chipper attitude is only made more funny by the fact that he is traveling with potentially the most murderous and deranged player character.

You don't have PMs so can I grab your IGN? would like to talk to you about something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KittyEmpress posted:

I actually dislike Aric because of the promotion scene. When you look at peoples service records, Dorne has been an impeccable asset to the republic, she has been fully loyal, she is intelligent, and despite being treated like dirt for originally being an imperial, never strikes other people.

So if you pick her, Aric throws a hissy fit. Calls you a terrible boss and says you make terrible choices. Threatens to break up with you if you're romancing him.

My first trooper, I immediately picked Dorne because she's awesome. Second run through, I asked them to present their cases in front of Garza. Jorgan comes across as hostile and angry, and Dorne points out that he's way too confrontational to be in charge of people. It's not even a fair competition.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
To be a little fair to Jorgan, he was a lieutenant at the start of the game and got busted down to enlisted ranks because he was a convenient scapegoat for something he had nothing to do with. Dude's more than a little angry and bitter about that incident, and if you pick him for XO he says he considers it his redemption, earning his way back to his old position.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Cythereal posted:

To be a little fair to Jorgan, he was a lieutenant at the start of the game and got busted down to enlisted ranks because he was a convenient scapegoat for something he had nothing to do with. Dude's more than a little angry and bitter about that incident, and if you pick him for XO he says he considers it his redemption, earning his way back to his old position.

Generally you earn redemption through becoming a better person, not by acting like an entitled prick who cannot play nice with others. I would promoted Forex before Aric. Well, that's not fair, I would promote Forex before Dorne too. But Aric just annoys me. Instead of making him an actual hard rear end military man, they made him a whiny little jerk, who questions your authority.

Meanwhile actual military characters like Iresso, who hasn't been promoted in like 8 years according to his back story, is mostly acceptant of the fact that he is gonna stay that rank, and that it's worth it to fight along side the consular doing big things.

Aric does not think havoc squad is worth working with. Unless it furthers his career.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Some people also have a homicidal grudge against Aric because he's a bit of a dick to the trooper on Ord Mantell.

I didn't particularly like that, but I got over it by making Dorne my XO over him. Geez.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KittyEmpress posted:

Meanwhile actual military characters like Iresso, who hasn't been promoted in like 8 years according to his back story, is mostly acceptant of the fact that he is gonna stay that rank, and that it's worth it to fight along side the consular doing big things.

Sergeant Rusk would rather lead his squads on suicide missions than accept a promotion. :black101:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I liked Kaliyo and how wonderfully untrustworthy she is.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I'd like Kaliyo more if she was a bounty hunter or smuggler companion. She feels horribly out of place in the agent's crew.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

This current "season" of KOTFE ends with its final chapter in August.
Is there supposed to be another wave of KotFE chapters at some later date?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Cythereal posted:

I'd like Kaliyo more if she was a bounty hunter or smuggler companion. She feels horribly out of place in the agent's crew.

I don't know, pretty much everyone on the agent's ship is initially either incredibly untrustworthy, or out to kill you, or both. Except for Temple, I guess, but she's pretty much your dutiful fascist so

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sombrerotron posted:

Is there supposed to be another wave of KotFE chapters at some later date?

Nothing announced officially thus far, but with the success of KOTFE I imagine it's the logical progression.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

I don't know, pretty much everyone on the agent's ship is initially either incredibly untrustworthy, or out to kill you, or both. Except for Temple, I guess, but she's pretty much your dutiful fascist so

I don't know. I think Vector and Lokin are pretty stand-up guys. You know, except for the whole "is victim of rapebug brainwashing/can turn into a giant flesh-eating horror" thing.

Between Kaliyo and SCORPIO though...yeah.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

For me the post-IX chapters have a few problems so far:

I agree with all of this, plus :

The pre-IX chapters have a great narrative flow for them and a good sense of urgency. You start out getting your rear end blown out of space, arrive in chains, and are basically on the run for the next eight episodes. Trying to figure out what's going on, just who these Zakuul assholes are, and figure out how to not only not get blown out of the stars, but actually take down the incredibly powerful empire that's hunting you. Then you establish a base, take a breather, and every single bit of tension drains out of the story like a drunkard taking a leak.

Every chapter since has been essentially this:

quote:

:v: :"Hey Outlander! Should we like, iunno, go attack Zakuul?"

:arnie: : "Probably. Let's go find this week's companion, I bet they have some ideas!"

*hijinks* :techno: :zaeed:

:v: :"YAAAAY we did a thing! Now onward to drop some vague lines about how the thing we did was totally huge and then go drink in the cantina with said companion."

:arnie: : "But what about these Deep and Meaningful (tm) choices that we made during the mission?"

:v: : "Eh, I'm sure they'll come up later."

The latest chapter was the best one so far, but it was still worldbuilding over plot, plus the fact that it made us think we were actually going to do something important, but literally had the Emperor declare Nope and send us out into the woods.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know. I think Vector and Lokin are pretty stand-up guys. You know, except for the whole "is victim of rapebug brainwashing/can turn into a giant flesh-eating horror" thing.

Lokin is great and cool and charming and maybe even friendly, but I have no doubt he'd shiv me if it suited his purposes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

prefect posted:

Lokin is great and cool and charming and maybe even friendly, but I have no doubt he'd shiv me if it suited his purposes.

Hey, at least you know where you stand with him. Every good mentor needs to be willing to shiv his protege.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Even Temple would, in fact I feel she'd be the most likely to if given a direct order from higher up. I saw the whole situation as Keeper testing your ability to get value out of unreliable assets.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dalris Othaine posted:

The pre-IX chapters have a great narrative flow for them and a good sense of urgency. You start out getting your rear end blown out of space, arrive in chains, and are basically on the run for the next eight episodes. Trying to figure out what's going on, just who these Zakuul assholes are, and figure out how to not only not get blown out of the stars, but actually take down the incredibly powerful empire that's hunting you. Then you establish a base, take a breather, and every single bit of tension drains out of the story like a drunkard taking a leak.

I think this is a limitation of the episodic monthly content. It's hard to maintain narrative flow and sense of urgency when each chapter is an hour or two long, then a month until the next one that you will fill with alts or pvp or raiding or whatever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dalris Othaine posted:

The latest chapter was the best one so far, but it was still worldbuilding over plot, plus the fact that it made us think we were actually going to do something important, but literally had the Emperor declare Nope and send us out into the woods.

Mass Effect 2 did that and it's one of the best games of last generation.

What this game is really missing is Garrus.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
This game would be so much better with renegade interrupts.

Paragon too, I guess.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Can I apply the amazon KotFE bundle to an account that already exists? 40 bucks for 90 days of subscription and 2400 CC seems like a pretty good deal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

Can I apply the amazon KotFE bundle to an account that already exists? 40 bucks for 90 days of subscription and 2400 CC seems like a pretty good deal.

Once, yes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Geniasis posted:

This game would be so much better with renegade interrupts.

Paragon too, I guess.

I'd headbutt a Sith without hesitation.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Last week for cheap server transfers. They're going back up to 1000 CCs next Tuesday.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Cythereal posted:

I think this is a limitation of the episodic monthly content. It's hard to maintain narrative flow and sense of urgency when each chapter is an hour or two long, then a month until the next one that you will fill with alts or pvp or raiding or whatever.

Sure, that's a factor, but I maintain it's also an issue with the per-episode plots, too. If we'd had 1-8 one per month too, it would be more disjointed, but there would still be a flow. One episode leads to the next to the next, etc. In TV terms, the first half was an arc. The second half is more of a "companion of the week" format.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Medullah posted:

Once, yes.

Cool ,lets me use my 25 dollar credit for more than half of it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

Cool ,lets me use my 25 dollar credit for more than half of it.

There's also an Origin pack you can buy which is similar but for 60 days, and supposedly it stacks as well but I never tried it.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Medullah posted:

There's also an Origin pack you can buy which is similar but for 60 days, and supposedly it stacks as well but I never tried it.

It does, I've bought and applied both.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Awww the exploit wasn't anything exciting, somehow using network interruptions to duplicate credits. Boring.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Howdy all. I haven't played since after starfighter dropped for subscribers. I'm gonna swap my smuggler over to the goon side when I get home from work.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Hey active Republic players on Jedi Covenant, we've got a goon guild that is made up of people from my WoW goon guild while we wait for Blizzard to release something in... like late August. We have a few people active and poo poo and are kinda fumbling through end game stuff and a lot of people are just leveling and doing tacticals. We haven't really done any operations yet but we've been trying to get people together for HM FPs and PVP and poo poo. At the worst, if people want to park Pub alts in a guild that is semi-active with a few people, that's cool too. We just got our flagship today and are trying to expand it, so figuring out conquest and what not.

I can't promise we'll be super active at all hours but it'd be nice to have some more people to pal around with. <Warlords Endgame> is our tag, anyone online who isn't the lowest rank should be able to invite. We usually have people on in the evening so worst case post here and I can get you an invite on one of my characters. Our golden rule is don't be a dick, and keep religious/political poo poo out of guild chat for the betterment of all.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8905159

Here's a lengthy post from a Producer discussing the fact that the last few chapters have introduced a lot of bugs. He ends talking about the interest in the game from their partners and a statement about swtor being supported into the future.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

the paradigm shift posted:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8905159

Here's a lengthy post from a Producer discussing the fact that the last few chapters have introduced a lot of bugs. He ends talking about the interest in the game from their partners and a statement about swtor being supported into the future.

quote:

The two most exciting things to share are that our writers are deep into the plot summaries for the next season's worth of chapters and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.
Guess that definitively answers my earlier question, then (assuming that all these plans don't get cancelled before they actually come to fruition, obviously).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, they've been referring to it as a season for a while.

I'm curious about the release plan though. Are the new chapters going to be monthly when they start, or will they do the same big initial release?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Weapon Tuning Details

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pretty cool but them not being in collections is poopy. And ffs Bioware add weapons to outfit designer already.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Are there things other than colored lightning?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
So not only do you need to be lucky enough to get a weapon with a tuning slot, you also need to get the tuning in the first place?

Yeaah sure.

Colonial Air Force posted:

Are there things other than colored lightning?

Not yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Kurieg posted:

So not only do you need to be lucky enough to get a weapon with a tuning slot, you also need to get the tuning in the first place?

Yeaah sure.

Not yet.

Looks like weapons won't be hard to get since they can be crafted, from PVP, and from comms on top of loot crates. Tunings though, yeah... hopefully they're not all gold level items.

• Locked thread