Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I'm stuck on 5 Arena bonus round wins. I just can't seem to get on a team that can win it. The icon is only available through Sunday, right? I'd really like to change the lightning bolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

kaujot posted:

I'm stuck on 5 Arena bonus round wins. I just can't seem to get on a team that can win it. The icon is only available through Sunday, right? I'd really like to change the lightning bolt.

A lot of it really is blind luck but you'll get it in no time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
hell yea!

I'm loving jing wei and definitely maining her, the deployable visibility being gone is great!

By the way, I was fighting an amc in duo in conquest and he went around a corner into jungle, I ulted where he was gonna go and killed him through the wall with Jing Wei's ult

so confirmed, her ult can go through walls and is good for ambushes and mopping up escapes.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

zeldadude posted:

Can anyone recommend me a Zhong Kui build, preferably a good one? He's one of my best gods IMO and I still pretty much just build random items. I usually get pen boots, spear of the magus, book of thoth, rod of tahuti, chronos pendant and... gem of isolation? I dont even know honestly, I know I get pen boots, spear of the magus, book of thoth and rod of tahuti every game. But I feel like I'm being stupid by not buying warlocks sash. What the hell do you guys build on the fat man, the most fun man?

For most fun build, I believe you're looking for Pen boots, Fatalis, Demonic Grip, Telkhines, Soul Reaver, Polynomicon :haw:

Actually that build you suggested is fine. Zhong has weak clear until about level 4ish, and getting Warlock's as a first item makes his early clear even worse. It's a good item on him but it's also not great - you're sacrificing early damage for mid/late game tankiness.

If you want tankiness, just get Urchin instead of stacking Warlock's and grab a different heavy power item like Soul Reaver/Tahuti/Desolation. Gem of Iso is good but isn't necessary on him; it's another item that sacrifices some damage for tankiness and some utility. Get sprint/beads as your go-to actives.

He's sort of a weird god to build items for. You need him tanky to survive being in the middle of the team fights, but building tanky reduces his damage. And he's not a burst mage, so building glass cannon on him doesn't really work. I personally try to build him as an almost off-tank utility mage - grabbing items like Divine Ruin, Gem of Isolation, Spear of Magus, Void Stone; items that help your burst mages deal more damage (Spear pen stacks and aura from Void Stone = 50 pen for your teammates). Also CDR items are good on him.

I got him to diamond during Season 2 so I haven't tried Gauntlet of Thebes on him - sounds like a real good item for him.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Double favor this weekend :toot:?

Also for anyone who hasn't kept up, there's a community skin being voted on. So far the winning God/theme is Chronos and "angelic/demonic".

Voting will be on the 18th and it seems the polls are open for only one day. So if you miss it and get pissed at the skin that wins, that's your own drat fault for not voting. :colbert:

edit-
Apparently you can vote now!
http://www.smitegame.com/smite-second-birthday/

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 16, 2016

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I'm already mad we didn't get genderbent chronos.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I tried out her tonight. I don't like Jing Wei at all. She's perfectly serviceable, but her ult is garbage tier, her 2 is boring as hell and only really useful for people who can't aim or poo poo out enough damage via a decent build and her 1 requires her to go through a knockup, which is suicide if you do it anywhere the enemy can see you unless you have your three to escape the inevitable "hah she's going to land here". By the time you land after that 3 its probably only enough for maybe one or two shots.

I really like her passive though, its a lot of fun.

I'll master her, but i'm pretty much just playing her like Artemis with a couple of built in escapes.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

beaner69 posted:

I'm already mad we didn't get genderbent chronos.

same. also chronos to begin with :mad:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I think it's leftover sentiment from the Thanatos Archon skin.

A lot of people (myself included) thought the first tier 5 skin should go to a hyper-carry - a god that gets stronger as the game progresses to match the skin changing. Instead, we got Thanatos which is the exact opposite - strong early and falls off late.

And Chronos is due for an actually GOOD skin that's not exclusive; I believe HiRez has stated it will be direct purchase for 400 gems.

Here's the vote results. tl;dr:

HiRezPonPon posted:

Top 5

Chronos : 11% of the vote
Hades : 5% of the vote
Arachne : 5% of the vote
Cupid : 4% of the vote
Skadi : 3.5% of the vote
Bottom 3

Sobek : .1% of the vote
Hercules : .2% of the vote
Cabrakan : .3% of the vote

Hades would've been a cool choice - the ult could've had some interesting particles. And maybe HiRez would've finally let Hades dance in his ult :haw:

edit-
You can vote now! Huzzah!

That Decay one tho

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 16, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Fallen Lord and Decay ones are both pretty good. The gold angel one isn't bad either but it's a bit boring.

I think I'm going for Decay though, it's the most original one imo. Also skeletons.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 16, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Herc is so good in the bonus round of assault, its almost unfair

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Always find it weird for people to build for the bonus round instead of Arena. It's like you know you get the most out of winning arenas right?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's entirely correct if you aren't chasing the quest wins. Herc own's anyway so :shrug:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Damnit wrong thread.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I just want to say that Paladins is coming along nicely and is a pretty fun and surprisingly polished game. Also it has the exact same VGS stuff as Smite which is rad.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
For those who missed it over the weekend, this juke by Andinster is legendary. Not even the casters know what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onuy8Rx03P0&t=1371s

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
https://www.smitegame.com/ps4/ Link/transfer works now, for a month only I think.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Shab posted:

For those who missed it over the weekend, this juke by Andinster is legendary. Not even the casters know what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onuy8Rx03P0&t=1371s

Huh weird. I was going to say DM doesn't know what happens normally so that shouldn't be a surprise. But this was very perplexing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zain posted:

Huh weird. I was going to say DM doesn't know what happens normally so that shouldn't be a surprise. But this was very perplexing.

You can see it on the minimap. Andi jukes back around the wall while Baskin is Roma Invicta'ing. Genius.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Speaking of dm I wonder if hirez is gonna do something about him this time.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

beaner69 posted:

Speaking of dm I wonder if hirez is gonna do something about him this time.

What did he do now?

Also freaking love that I get 30+ assists and kills in a game and then it immediately kicks me out after the arena is finished. God I better get those back :(

Doesn't look like it! Super happy.

Zain fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 19, 2016

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Does anyone have thoughts on building defensively for Geb with as much utility as possible? For instance I typically grab Sovereignty as my first item but I'm kind of unsure how useful its aura is to my team and how I might need to adjust my playstyle to make it more helpful, so instead I've been building Mystical Mail first lately and I really appreciate how useful it is for cleaning up minions - am I cheating my team out of important bonuses?

As of now I generally build Mystical Mail and Heartward Amulet for protection and health, maybe erring towards one or the other depending on the other team's build, followed by Gem of Isolation to slow enemies I catch in my shockwave, Void Stone for a little more magical protection and damage mid-game, then kind of freestyle it from there depending on what I feel - Pestilence, Magi's Blessing, Winged Blade, Hide of the Urchin, and Rod of Asclepius are among my typical picks at this point.

Could I be building more items that my teammates would appreciate (like the slowing effect of Gem of Isolation) or that would improve their survivability (Sovereignty? Rod of Asclepius?) ?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I have no idea what this latest drama is about, but dmbrandon's quitting casting: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soj5d3

edit: Found the video in question, not for the faint of heart or those who would rather not watch a vile, compassionless rant by an actual narcissist

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 19, 2016

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Shab posted:

I have no idea what this latest drama is about, but dmbrandon's quitting casting: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soj5d3

Basically said something to the effect of "if you're so weak that you refuse to get a hold of your life with depression and just get up and solve your problems so you commit suicide, good". Then tried to spin it in every way he could and how he didn't mean it that way blahdy blahdy blah latest episode of DMFucknuts Is A loving Twat. He's incapable of not being an overflowing toilet of a human being and is just blaming everyone taking things out of context or blowing things out of proportion, and refuses to accept that his constant shitgurgling while on the clock being paid by Hi-rez isn't a very good color for them and that it's his own fault entirely (well, also Hi-rez for not reigning him in). Sure he talks about it in that, but he still tries to deflect blame to everybody but himself. He just "has a flair for the extreme".

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Pimp Drakula posted:

Does anyone have thoughts on building defensively for Geb with as much utility as possible? For instance I typically grab Sovereignty as my first item but I'm kind of unsure how useful its aura is to my team and how I might need to adjust my playstyle to make it more helpful, so instead I've been building Mystical Mail first lately and I really appreciate how useful it is for cleaning up minions - am I cheating my team out of important bonuses?

As of now I generally build Mystical Mail and Heartward Amulet for protection and health, maybe erring towards one or the other depending on the other team's build, followed by Gem of Isolation to slow enemies I catch in my shockwave, Void Stone for a little more magical protection and damage mid-game, then kind of freestyle it from there depending on what I feel - Pestilence, Magi's Blessing, Winged Blade, Hide of the Urchin, and Rod of Asclepius are among my typical picks at this point.

Could I be building more items that my teammates would appreciate (like the slowing effect of Gem of Isolation) or that would improve their survivability (Sovereignty? Rod of Asclepius?) ?

My go-to build on "true" supports like Geb are to get the aura items, max CDR, counter-build the enemy, then grab Soul Reaver as my one offensive item if I can.

Geb has some of the worst scalings in the game, so items like Gem/Rod are really wasted on him - you're pretty much getting those items for the health and passives.

In regards to Mystical Mail, you can argue that on Geb because he has the second worst clear in the game. In modes like Arena it's great on him, but other modes like Conquest your teammates should be helping to clear and getting the last hits.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

cyclonic posted:

My go-to build on "true" supports like Geb are to get the aura items, max CDR, counter-build the enemy, then grab Soul Reaver as my one offensive item if I can.

Geb has some of the worst scalings in the game, so items like Gem/Rod are really wasted on him - you're pretty much getting those items for the health and passives.

In regards to Mystical Mail, you can argue that on Geb because he has the second worst clear in the game. In modes like Arena it's great on him, but other modes like Conquest your teammates should be helping to clear and getting the last hits.

I was kind of wondering if CDR might be something I should be investing way more heavily in just last night, I could have prevented half a dozen deaths if my shield hadn't been on cooldown. I pretty much exclusively play Arena now since that's what my friends like to play and one of them can't play for a while due to work so we don't even have a complete team for Joust, so Mystical Mail has been a huge boon to my ability to protect the portal and stymie minions in the middleground.

Gem of Isolation I definitely just get for the passive, I'm constantly and nearly exclusively using 1 and 2 to either drag down enemies so a teammate can escape or so our assassin can jump them so it's been cash money for me, but I could definitely see where it would dramatically fall off in usefulness if I weren't playing Arena and wasn't in near-constant melee.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pimp Drakula posted:

I was kind of wondering if CDR might be something I should be investing way more heavily in just last night, I could have prevented half a dozen deaths if my shield hadn't been on cooldown. I pretty much exclusively play Arena now since that's what my friends like to play and one of them can't play for a while due to work so we don't even have a complete team for Joust, so Mystical Mail has been a huge boon to my ability to protect the portal and stymie minions in the middleground.

Gem of Isolation I definitely just get for the passive, I'm constantly and nearly exclusively using 1 and 2 to either drag down enemies so a teammate can escape or so our assassin can jump them so it's been cash money for me, but I could definitely see where it would dramatically fall off in usefulness if I weren't playing Arena and wasn't in near-constant melee.

Arena definitely lets you play around with more gimmicky/fun builds than Conquest does. Nothing wrong with what you're doing, arena is the place to be free!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Shab posted:

edit: Found the video in question, not for the faint of heart or those who would rather not watch a vile, compassionless rant by an actual narcissist

WOW! "I'm just going to call you an rear end in a top hat" Honestly I couldn't make it past that. I do agree that suicide is a selfish and stupid thing to do but you can go about it in not a complete dickhole way.

Zain fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 19, 2016

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Zain posted:

I do agree that suicide is a selfish thing to do

:fuckoff:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shab posted:

loving christ. This is bad even for him. Good riddance.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
It's a shame that he's such an unbearable rear end hat, because I always thought he was one of the better casters. But every time I tuned in to his stream I'd last like 5 minutes before I had to stop watching. Stuff like yelling "What's wrong with you? Are you a loving retard!?" whenever one of his so-called friends did something he disagreed with, followed usually by a spiteful, long-winded rant, just made it impossible to enjoy DMBrandon outside of the caster role.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's your feelings but this is coming from someone who has suicidal ideation. The reason I stop myself is I remember my family and friends and how much it'll affect them as well.

Wastid
Oct 21, 2008

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Basically said something to the effect of "if you're so weak that you refuse to get a hold of your life with depression and just get up and solve your problems so you commit suicide, good". Then tried to spin it in every way he could and how he didn't mean it that way blahdy blahdy blah latest episode of DMFucknuts Is A loving Twat. He's incapable of not being an overflowing toilet of a human being and is just blaming everyone taking things out of context or blowing things out of proportion, and refuses to accept that his constant shitgurgling while on the clock being paid by Hi-rez isn't a very good color for them and that it's his own fault entirely (well, also Hi-rez for not reigning him in). Sure he talks about it in that, but he still tries to deflect blame to everybody but himself. He just "has a flair for the extreme".

This is pretty much all anyone needs to know about DMBrandon. I never liked his casting because he spends so much time trying to criticize SPL players builds and plays it just makes him insufferable, so good riddance all around.

As for Geb builds he definitely benefits a ton from CDR. Winged Wand, Breastplate of Valor, Spirit Robe and the new Genjis are all good. Gem of Iso is not great unless your able to really make that passive do work, cuz thats all you really get out of it for almost 3k gold. I feel like the only real place Sov or Heartward shine is in assault, and Mystical Mail is usually better served by a cheaper item. Geb does poo poo for damage no matter how you build him unless you hit good ults, so its usually better to have your shield and ult up as much as possible.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Wastid posted:

As for Geb builds he definitely benefits a ton from CDR. Winged Wand, Breastplate of Valor, Spirit Robe and the new Genjis are all good. Gem of Iso is not great unless your able to really make that passive do work, cuz thats all you really get out of it for almost 3k gold. I feel like the only real place Sov or Heartward shine is in assault, and Mystical Mail is usually better served by a cheaper item. Geb does poo poo for damage no matter how you build him unless you hit good ults, so its usually better to have your shield and ult up as much as possible.

For Arena, Urchin and Soul Reaver are probably the two best/efficient items you can get on a guardian.

But as Kerr said - any build works in Arena and if anyone gives you poo poo they're playing Arena wrong. Try Fatalis/Demonic/Telkhines on Geb. Nothing's more satisfying than killing someone with a Geb punch.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

cyclonic posted:

For Arena, Urchin and Soul Reaver are probably the two best/efficient items you can get on a guardian.

But as Kerr said - any build works in Arena and if anyone gives you poo poo they're playing Arena wrong. Try Fatalis/Demonic/Telkhines on Geb. Nothing's more satisfying than killing someone with a Geb punch.

I strongly encourage experimentation in Arena as well. As long as you think it can work and you can make it work there's nothing wrong with it. Also nerf Cabrakan!!!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
PTS Patch Notes are up for Patch 3.7.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

"Fallen Lord" won the community contest:

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
Lame, was really hoping for the decay one. It's even cooler since its still time related.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Let's say I'm remarkably stupid and I want to solo and sometimes duo Conquest, is there a good guardian or support I should set my sights on locking down that can not necessarily carry idiots but at least make up for them? Or should I just look at Hunters for that purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Guardians can't carry Conquest games except for maybe Ares if he gets a steamroll going on.

Your best bet to carry a game is probably playing a jungler since you can save whichever lane is losing. The only problem is if all lanes are lost - then there's pretty much nothing you can do.

• Locked thread