Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6443936#post6443936

quote:

Hey everyone. Thanks for the feedback.

We agree with those of you who are advocating a "trial period" for capitals in incursions. In the Citadel expansion we will be adjusting gate restrictions to allow all capital ships into Incursion sites and we will be watching closely to see how this new access is used. Since we know that it takes a while for new tactics to develop, we have set a target for the end of 2016 to do a full review of how capitals in incursions are doing, including a call for more player feedback at that time.

Of course if something exploitable comes up between now and then we'll always be on hand to adjust things sooner.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Sounds like a job for my old Sisi PVP setup: 1 archon, 2 or 3 moros, 2 vigilants, and a phobos

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

No, no, this is good, because you know what really need a buff?

Incursions.

:catstare:

Fozzie, there will come a day where you don't let us all down. But it is not this day.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kimsemus posted:

Incursions.

wormhole sites got boned so hey at least it's null / lowsec getting something new and interesting.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

frozenpussy posted:

wormhole sites got boned so hey at least it's null / lowsec getting something new and interesting.

Maybe they realized that wormholes probably didn't need to literally print isk while giving you an old fashioned for living in one.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Kimsemus posted:

Incursions.
Are nullsec and lowsec incursions all that imbalanced?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Kimsemus posted:

Maybe they realized that wormholes probably didn't need to literally print isk while giving you an old fashioned for living in one.

It's still early. They could do something like nullsec where the number of anoms stays the same. So instead of wandering anomalies, they respawn in a hole.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LemonDrizzle posted:

In that they require a lot more effort and risk to run, and you can essentially be easily camped down, need scouts out etc.. whereas High Sec incursions let you bling the hell out of your ships, so you can run the sites faster, and the only way to do anything about it is suicide gank the pilot.

It's hard to say what the risk/return line is supposed to be for Eve though.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LemonDrizzle posted:

Incursions are imbalanced, period. It's why "make an incursion alt" is pretty much the thing on top of every list that has the title "best way to make isk in EVE"

Nullsec/lowsec incursions, in theory, are supposed to be harder to run because of *emergent PVP content* but in reality they're just gigantic LP dispensers.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

Incursions.

Fozzie, there will come a day where you don't let us all down. But it is not this day.

I mean since we're gonna be without any null income for now, buffing incursions is a good step.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

I know you were in holesquad, and I don't remember who, but I can tell you, holesquad was always essentially a goon counterculture with poor leadership. If the core leadership of GSF and the core tryhards of GSF decided to do the wormhole "thing" the outcome would be very different in my opinion.

Actually I'd like to amend that statement, the hole violence leadership was good. Up until that point it was pretty bad.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

RhoA posted:

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

Well I was basically the leader of holesquad for about 1/3rd of it's life, so I feel pretty comfortable in my assessment. I don't know if things went downhill when I took a break, I heard garnt left, which is too bad imo.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Going into wormholes would be a really bad decision. The upkeep required in scanning, for one, and then there's the chokepoint aspect of it. There are a lot of similarities between this war and wormhole evictions, and the biggest difference is the total destruction of everything in space.

By the way there's a post on the front page of r/eve by someone selling a connection to a goon owned C4 containing XL ship assembly arrays.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

Well I was basically the leader of holesquad for about 1/3rd of it's life, so I feel pretty comfortable in my assessment. I don't know if things went downhill when I took a break, I heard garnt left, which is too bad imo.

Ah, then I was around when you were a director most likely. I'm of the opinion that it went downhill and is still going downhill, so I was rather :confused: with the idea that leadership was bad back then. It wasn't ideal, mostly because of the massive burn out that takes a toll on all of the HS directors, but compared to leadership now, it was good. We still have good directors that are great people, but I think the overall direction of the squad has been lost. I personally thought Garnt was always good about making sure we always kept that in mind.

RhoA fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 19, 2016

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting we move as an alliance into w-space

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
its a p good idea.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

pseudanonymous posted:

who are you supposed to be

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

I mean I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting we move as an alliance into w-space

I seriously am. But I doubt it will happen.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
they say it's a goon hole but it could be like, fcon or SMA or hole squad

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Are highsec incursions fun at all or are they the usual lock rat-> F1 thing?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

VideoGames posted:

Apologies but I don't understand this. :smith:

Also I do take lots of pictures but I don't want to overload the thread with things you guys all saw many years ago.

No problem! Since you've been doing mostly mining and industry, it's probably not something you've run into yet. You'll run into it if you start running PvE combat missions, or if you do PvP.

Your ship has a stat on it called "signature radius" -- basically, this is how strongly your ship shows up on the sensors of other ships. Normally, your sig radius is just the size of your ship; some modules and effects (shields, microwarpdrives, being hit by a target painting laser, etc) can make you show up stronger on sensors because it makes your ship emit all sorts of crazy radiation. So, your sig radius affects how long it takes for people to lock your ship, and how hard it is for their guns/missiles can track you, and a bunch of other things.

Every time another ship fires a turret at you, the game internally does a dice roll to determine whether or not they hit you, and for how much (i.e. was it a glancing blow, did they crit, or something in between). That dice roll takes into account all sorts of crazy stats, including your sig radius, your current speed and direction relative to them, the stats of the gun being used to shoot you, etc... all of which is not really intuitive to most players. Most players don't even bother learning how the dice rolls work; they just tweak a fit through trial and error until it feels like they're reliably hitting (or reliably dodging) shots.

Now, CCP recently uploaded a new version of the game to Singularity, which is Eve's public test server. In it, they've combined a bunch of the individual stats that go into the chance-to-hit dice roll into a single number: "weapon accuracy score." It doesn't appear to cause any actual changes in the final math, but by combining a few terms, it makes it a little more obvious when a turret is good or bad at tracking targets, and it makes it easier to do apples-to-apples comparisons between different guns, especially guns of different sizes.

i do not enjoy videogames' posts

:frogout:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Foehammer007 posted:

who are you supposed to be

thetwilitehour

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

lock rat-> F1 thing?

That's it.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

thetwilitehour

Dude the old hole squad iterations were an awful stream of evictions and burn out, hole sqwid solved one of those problems :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Elmnt80 posted:

Its a pretty big investment to do AT stuff like the top teams. As fun as it is to compete, I'm kinda glad groon has no plans to do it this year. :toot:

I think the secret is to just not try-hard about it. (Plus, it's not like you're gonna win -- I got pretty burned out on AT after seeing the amount of horse-trading that went on with AT ships, every top-tier team trying to keep an Etana in reserve for the "oh god we have to win this round" button.)

I've been thinking of putting together a GSF team this year and half-arsing it in the hopes that we get a piss easy bracket. One or two wins for some skins and then give little or no fucks about the rest of it.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

thetwilitehour

HEY TWILITE!

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

ullerrm posted:

I think the secret is to just not try-hard about it. (Plus, it's not like you're gonna win -- I got pretty burned out on AT after seeing the amount of horse-trading that went on with AT ships, every top-tier team trying to keep an Etana in reserve for the "oh god we have to win this round" button.)

I've been thinking of putting together a GSF team this year and half-arsing it in the hopes that we get a piss easy bracket. One or two wins for some skins and then give little or no fucks about the rest of it.

So long as its better than the year Warr lead it and most of our ships were handed out with no ammo :cripes:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

HEY TWILITE!

HEY! I'm going to ruin my life with eve again. I ordered a new computer.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

frozenpussy posted:

Going into wormholes would be a really bad decision. The upkeep required in scanning, for one, and then there's the chokepoint aspect of it. There are a lot of similarities between this war and wormhole evictions, and the biggest difference is the total destruction of everything in space.

By the way there's a post on the front page of r/eve by someone selling a connection to a goon owned C4 containing XL ship assembly arrays.

Everyone whines about scanning, but honestly it's 100% comparable to the nullsec upkeep effort that we endure now. We have groups (GSOL, ITL, etc.) that take care of a lot of quality of life nullsec things such as POS setup, fueling, importing, etc. because they enjoy that aspect of EVE. Scanning and importing and just living out of a wormhole is no different.

When I was in Holesquad a few years back, there were a few dedicated goons that just loved scanning and I would always log into a set of fully-populated corp bookmarks and hardly ever had to do anything myself. If we could achieve that with 10~15 active dudes, just imagine what a large alliance could achieve.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Incursions are imbalanced, period. It's why "make an incursion alt" is pretty much the thing on top of every list that has the title "best way to make isk in EVE"

Nullsec/lowsec incursions, in theory, are supposed to be harder to run because of *emergent PVP content* but in reality they're just gigantic LP dispensers.

They're not really dangerous either though as they're loving gated. Nullsec anoms is the only actual risky pve. Trying to kill WH runners, mission runners, or incursion dudes is a few orders of magnitude harder than tackling guys in anoms.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Because I was worried about Rock a bit, I bought a secondary little vessel for flying about in and I called it Pebble!
It looks pretty ace :)

Everyone please meet Pebble.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

VideoGames posted:

Because I was worried about Rock a bit, I bought a secondary little vessel for flying about in and I called it Pebble!

hi pebble :kimchi:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zasze posted:

So long as its better than the year Warr lead it and most of our ships were handed out with no ammo :cripes:

Was that the year we were oxygen isonopes because at least it was a good name. I guess that might have been a NEO

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

Hi pebble :neckbeard:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

gwrtheyrn posted:

Was that the year we were oxygen isonopes because at least it was a good name. I guess that might have been a NEO

That was the NEO.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Siets posted:

Everyone whines about scanning, but honestly it's 100% comparable to the nullsec upkeep effort that we endure now. We have groups (GSOL, ITL, etc.) that take care of a lot of quality of life nullsec things such as POS setup, fueling, importing, etc. because they enjoy that aspect of EVE. Scanning and importing and just living out of a wormhole is no different.

When I was in Holesquad a few years back, there were a few dedicated goons that just loved scanning and I would always log into a set of fully-populated corp bookmarks and hardly ever had to do anything myself. If we could achieve that with 10~15 active dudes, just imagine what a large alliance could achieve.

ever get assaulted by russians who would leave your static crit and camped with a cloaked hictor on the outside? The potential for griefing is massive compared to gated space. It's a burden that some players accept but it's game breaking for anyone not GSOL or ITL material, basically the majority.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Why are there so many gurmistas around now? :saddowns:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

That was the NEO.

I'm kind of sad to see the skillsheet mystery lost with skill injectors. You can assume the pilot is fully skilled in whatever they field, and T3 losses are genuinely shrugged off.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

Why are there so many gurmistas around now? :saddowns:

where, lemme shoot them for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

You should check out Collides & Fight Club, we don't allow the tournament ships. Granted the payouts aren't as big as the AT, but that's what EVE-Bet is for :sun:.

• Locked thread