Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Baal posted:

I liked the SFxT stages a lot

yeah, the game itself was pretty much dogshit but I love the stage that is literally Jurassic Park

Help Im Alive posted:

I dunno what it's called but I always liked the stage where you fight Bison in Alpha 3 with the skull clouds

The final Bison fight has some awesome music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5JFGrysqm8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also that crouch walk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJzMu2h9VvY

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm so glad Guile's default costume is stripper Guile.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

interrodactyl posted:

Do you read your own posts

What other games would you like to compare the sales too

Not to mention your original point wasn't even about popularity but we can let that slide because you've done an extraordinarily poor job of arguing the merits of the game

I mean you can pretend that because the game didn't sell 2 million copies it's a horrible failure and will go away but it's still gonna dominate the pro scene and likely be the most popular fighter for the next 5-8 years sooooooo there's probably a fair chunk of people who are pretty sure it isn't garbage and/or are swayed by giant prize pools.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

attackmole posted:

I mean you can pretend that because the game didn't sell 2 million copies it's a horrible failure and will go away but it's still gonna dominate the pro scene and likely be the most popular fighter for the next 5-8 years sooooooo there's probably a fair chunk of people who are pretty sure it isn't garbage and/or are swayed by giant prize pools.

Well, there are two types of popularity being argued here: competitive and mainstream. I don't think in any point of FG history SF wasn't the most popular competitive game around, from the soaring heights of Super Turbo to the gloomy abyss of Alpha 3.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I finally understand what "offensive crouch" is.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I don't even play SF what am I doing here. I know popular =/= good, I just find going "this game is garbage lol" to something that makes up probably half the fighting game scene and will likely continue to do so pretty hyperbolic.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

I finally understand what "offensive crouch" is.

It's about time someone decided to actually make it a thing.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Guile's crouch walk is now the second best thing about this game behind R. Mika cutting a promo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZHlT6VrIkQ

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

attackmole posted:

Yeah I don't even play SF what am I doing here. I know popular =/= good, I just find going "this game is garbage lol" to something that makes up probably half the fighting game scene and will likely continue to do so pretty hyperbolic.

actually talknig about the dominatiung presence of sf in the community has been broiught up and discussed specifeclally again and again but whatever lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Guile has Ky's Dust from XRd? Can walk while charging? Can throw a million booms at once?
What this? Rainbow Edition?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Baal posted:

I just wish literally any of the menu music was better

:psyduck:

SF5 has the best main menu theme since SF2.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
They should patch in the behind the shoulder camera and binding specials to a button thing from the 3DS port of SSF4.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't even know why you fucks are discussing popularity when that wasn't a thing on the original post sequence that originated this mess. Anyway, SFV being "unpopular" in the mainstream has nothing to do with how good it is as a competitive game, it has to do with a barebones launch that led to negative reviews and bad word-of-mouth. SFV being popular in tournaments has nothing to do with how good it is as a competitive game, it has to do with brand name, how it carries the mantle of the SF4 without troubling the waters too much and them esports money.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Wasn't one of Charlie's supers from the Alpha series just a bunch of booms he chucked to the timing of your button presses?

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

presumably the crouchwalk is just holding in down-forward so you will probably have to roll back to down-forward to block and keep your FK charge

Oh oh oh my bad, I was thinking the crouch walk was a vskill, but that is his durandals call thing. So he can only charge FK off the crouch walk. Eh, still pretty cool now that he has approach options for both horizontal and vertical charge.

I'm calling it now: his 10th trial has a micro-crouch-walk

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Just watched the trailer and holy poo poo that turtle walk. :3:

Street Fighter V: There's Microwalk and Then There's "Microwalk"

Street Fighter V: That's My Secret, Charlie: I'm Always Charging.

A.o.D. posted:

Wasn't one of Charlie's supers from the Alpha series just a bunch of booms he chucked to the timing of your button presses?

I believe so, yes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Combofiend is gonna show off guile tonight on capcom pro talk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Combofiend is gonna show off guile tonight on capcom pro talk

Winner Stays On is also doing a Guile stream.

Could it be...that Capcom actually knows how to do this DLC reveal thing?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

No.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

guile's crab walk is terrifying

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Without knowing if there was some other issue delaying the Alex trailer, it's safe to say they've learned from it.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Guile actually looks cool, good poo poo

I bet he will still be rushdown/microwalk-down though

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wish I were good at this game so I could be good with Guile.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Dias posted:

Winner Stays On is also doing a Guile stream.

Could it be...that Capcom actually knows how to do this DLC reveal thing?

What time is that on? I haven't actually caught it live in months but I'm interested in seeing New Guile in action.

E: wait I meant to quote the guy mention Pro Talk, stupid phone ui

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

teagone posted:

I wish I were good at this game so I could be good with Guile.

No worries, he's a braindead charge character. :getin:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Golden Battler posted:

What time is that on? I haven't actually caught it live in months but I'm interested in seeing New Guile in action.

E: wait I meant to quote the guy mention Pro Talk, stupid phone ui

i think its like 7pm pst

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

His arms getting big looks very retarded but everything else is one hundred.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

guile is in the air force not the navy why do his arms get big gently caress

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Winner Stays On started

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Pro Talk will be on later on the same channel iirc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

guile is in the air force not the navy why do his arms get big gently caress

Hes a pog rear end bitch who does nothing but curls in the gym

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
lets just all put aside our differences and be street frienders ok?

Also listen to your commander in chief
https://u.pomf.is/toxydt.mp4

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NiAmfsj8RQ

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon-Lime posted:

:psyduck:

SF5 has the best main menu theme since SF2.

Are you actually saying you think the SF5 main menu theme is better than either Third Strike's or any of the 40 main menu variations in SF4 that are instrumental versions of Indestructible, because you are loving stupidly wrong. Hell, it's not even better than the online edition's main menu theme of some dude rapping about Third Strike.

The SF5 theme is this generic guitar loop that never loving ends ever and the character select theme is painfully dull too.

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, that's Sonic Break which is now an EX version for Sonic Boom.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The SF5 guitar theme is great, haters vacate. :colbert: SF3's music is also good.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i...i like the sfv main menu theme

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know what the menu theme is because I changed it to play character themes instead in the options

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can change the music? How did I not know this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know what the menu theme is because I changed it to play character themes instead in the options

There's two distinct ones; the guitar-heavy theme from the intro movie, and the Metal Gear-esque theme that was prominent during the first two betas.