Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

darth cookie posted:

jk Garnt ilu bae

<3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Pangloss posted:

How do you divvy them up and how do you rebalance as people leave / go inactive?

Bring back greek squads! Request reassignment based on activity numbers! Some good old fashioned Johnny Rico versus Carmen Ibanez inter-squad friendly competition sounds awesome to me.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I'm not saying that you couldn't find a way to put GSF into wormhole space, I'm just saying that the way that you would have to do it would make it onerous and fail to achieve a lot of the economies of scale that you can get in null sec.

Again, with 15 active dudes, I pretty much never had to scan. If we go by your numbers and do 300 in a hole, then with even 25% activity at that number you would absolutely never have to worry about it.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I just think that it's an effort so far beyond how it's usually portrayed and there isn't really a driver to do it that would make it worth the alliance considering it.

It really, truly isn't that big of an effort. I adjusted to wormhole life within the short half of a week when I did it. It's just getting used to different mechanics and asking people to train some very basic scanning skills so that they will be self-sufficient in the event that they go too far down the rabbit hole by themselves.

As for drivers?

1. The money you can make off of cap escalations is stupid good.
2. Running C3 and C4 sites in a rattlesnake or T3 cruiser sees higher ISK/hr rates than even highsec incursion abusers or L4 burner mission blitzing.
3. Newbies can make stupid amounts of ISK for their time huffing gas anomalies in a cheap throwaway easily-trained mining frigates.
4. Bling-inclined dudes can solo C5 sites in their fancypants marauders.
5. Those looking for PvP content will have unlimited numbers of connections to our currently unlimited number of enemies.

Let's see... what else... Oh yeah!

No loving Fozziesov.

You want to take space from GSF? Then manfight us at our citadel biotch. :black101:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

gwrtheyrn posted:

I am well aware of how these things work, and looking at local can mean gently caress all because the tackle can be npc corp. Of course it also helps if you don't go through .5-.6 systems so it's harder to chain points, but there's only so many pipes to jita.

Hell even the dps can be 1 day newbies now

It doesn't matter if the tackle is neutral because you still need the gank fleet to be in local and that's what you watch for.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Eh, you'd be replaced within the week.

:smith:

:pusheen:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Siets posted:

Bring back greek squads! Request reassignment based on activity numbers! Some good old fashioned Johnny Rico versus Carmen Ibanez inter-squad friendly competition sounds awesome to me.

Again, with 15 active dudes, I pretty much never had to scan. If we go by your numbers and do 300 in a hole, then with even 25% activity at that number you would absolutely never have to worry about it.

It really, truly isn't that big of an effort. I adjusted to wormhole life within the short half of a week when I did it. It's just getting used to different mechanics and asking people to train some very basic scanning skills so that they will be self-sufficient in the event that they go too far down the rabbit hole by themselves.

As for drivers?

1. The money you can make off of cap escalations is stupid good.
2. Running C3 and C4 sites in a rattlesnake or T3 cruiser sees higher ISK/hr rates than even highsec incursion abusers or L4 burner mission blitzing.
3. Newbies can make stupid amounts of ISK for their time huffing gas anomalies in a cheap throwaway easily-trained mining frigates.
4. Bling-inclined dudes can solo C5 sites in their fancypants marauders.
5. Those looking for PvP content will have unlimited numbers of connections to our currently unlimited number of enemies.

Let's see... what else... Oh yeah!

No loving Fozziesov.

You want to take space from GSF? Then manfight us at our citadel biotch. :black101:

yeah then there is querns

:gay:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

90% sure I'm going to apply to VideoGames' corp.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Foehammer007 posted:

yeah then there is querns

:gay:

:wave:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The writing's on the wall guys, better let r/eve know since it'll be leaked anyway. There's a truest goon corp starting up in high sec, founded by a Something Awful moderator.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
ill upboat you

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

frozenpussy posted:

I kinda want to buy an orca just so my boosting alt can sit in it to boost VideoGames mining venture.

Then a wild Boney appears...

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

frozenpussy posted:

If VideoGames starts a mining corp please hit me up. Even if he just needs dudes to haul space rocks to jita or something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

d2w

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Dr. Pangloss posted:

I kinda want to buy an orca just so my boosting alt can sit in it to boost VideoGames mining venture.

Then a wild Boney appears...

just buy the mining license bro

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fureil posted:

If VideoGames starts a mining corp please hit me up. Even if he just needs dudes to haul space rocks to jita or something.

I think he already did start a corp.

And it has the greatest name ever in the history of EVE corps.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Fureil posted:

I'd be up for putting an alt into it too. It'll be a nice break from the war

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
just do it

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:eng99:

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

LemonDrizzle posted:

Extra mid, extra low, a lot more fitting room, and much better capacitor - it has around 50% more base cap than the basi, much higher native cap regen, and a stronger cap use reduction bonus for remote reps. That makes it a lot more neut-resistant and generally better able to keep the reps coming in hairy situations.

Overheat bonus is pretty sick too

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Zephyrine posted:

It doesn't matter if the tackle is neutral because you still need the gank fleet to be in local and that's what you watch for.

It's like the gank fleet could be literally anyone in injected, cloaked stealth bombers :confused:

You'd have to really be a big target for someone to bother doing this or be really dumb because it's a pretty expensive setup

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

:gay: for querns

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
what a goof

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

LemonDrizzle posted:

Extra mid, extra low, a lot more fitting room, and much better capacitor - it has around 50% more base cap than the basi, much higher native cap regen, and a stronger cap use reduction bonus for remote reps. That makes it a lot more neut-resistant and generally better able to keep the reps coming in hairy situations.

The base cap and cap regen is the real money here -- not only is it more resilient to neuting, but it can run more repper modules than a normal Basi or Scimi.

It also has a slightly stronger range bonus than the other logi; before the Great Remote Rep Rebalance, it used to be able to reach out to 75km with large reps, allowing it to stand slightly farther off from the rest of the team than the average logi. This was the old Hydra fit, updated for modern tiericided modules:

code:
[Etana, AT]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Sensor Booster II, ECCM Script
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800

Large S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Small S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Small S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
loving monstrous tank with links, and ridiculous repping power too.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
come nomad

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

My first time in Jita and this is me zooming through it thanks to Frozenpussy :) We are selling ores!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I should change my name so you don't have to keep typing that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I feel so noobish. I have been doing everything slightly incorrectly.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

But oh so adorably. :allears:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

VideoGames posted:

At least you have warp to zero now. Back in my day we had to have a billion bookmarks from every angle to achieve the same thing.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

frozenpussy posted:

I should change my name so you don't have to keep typing that.

Change it back to iced over cooter

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I hear you have a corp set up? Interested in more miners?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
As cute as videogames space adventures are, I just can't bring myself to do anything mining related. The closest thing to fun making money wise I've ever done was incursions with a group of friends.

EDIT: or selling faction loot off of people I killed.

DOUBLEEDIT: Scamming really dumb people was also fun.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 19, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's like the gank fleet could be literally anyone in injected, cloaked stealth bombers :confused:

You'd have to really be a big target for someone to bother doing this or be really dumb because it's a pretty expensive setup

Something they could do once before they end up on zkill and they are tagged gankers.

And even then they couldn't do it outside of Jita, Sobaseki or other larger pipe systems because the anomaly in system population for that time of day would give them away.

And even-even then the fleet would have to be aligned, towards the gate outside of dscan range and still need to arrive and re-apply tackle before the suicide point dies.

One of the biggest give-aways for gankers is when they cram 20-30 gankers into a juicy 0.5 or 0.6 system that has an average population of 30.

A bit of an overambitious plan. In my opinion anyway.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 19, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
VideoGames will turn goonswarm into a mining coalition before the end of the month. :laugh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Siets posted:

But oh so adorably. :allears:

:blush:

And in regards to the corp I just sort of made one because I wanted to see RVCMF by my name :3:

I haven't the first clue about running one or doing proper eve things with it.
I've been writing bulletins for myself and accidentally putting money into random wallets.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

gwrtheyrn posted:

Change it back to iced over cooter

I need something I could potentially run a kickstarter with, what about Imperial Vagina

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

And in regards to the corp I just sort of made one because I wanted to see RVCMF by my name :3:

I've been writing bulletins for myself and accidentally putting money into random wallets.

:kimchi:

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

You're dope. Please never lose your :shobon: innocence

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Aww loving wish my start in EVE was like that, but i was a newbie without the cute adjective. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
VideoGames, I want to shoot moon rocks with you. Lets shoot moon rocks together.

• Locked thread