Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
When is the ps vita getting afterbirth is all I care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

When is the ps vita getting afterbirth is all I care about.

Probably never

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That makes me very sad :(

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Yeah, it really blows. I love playing BoI on the go, and having to turn on my pc to play it only at home is annoying. I get that some combos will bring down the framerate but I'll take that over not getting it on the Vita at all.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Slime posted:

he cant even be bothered to properly punctuate his features list so i cant be bothered to punctuate this sentence

probably not gonna buy this the attitude edmund and nicalis have just put me off every time they post anything

All his blog updates are terrible on the punctuation front. I think his shift keys were stolen or something. It really annoyed me when I was following the updates for Afterbirth, and before that when I was following them for Rebirth. But there's not much I can do about it so :shrug:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Puzzle Quest, BoI, and Magic the Gathering mashed into one game. :awesome:

I'm still confident they can put together a competent and enjoyable enough game so I'm going to just be optimistic about this until it fades away into development hell with Mewgenics.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Carbon dioxide posted:

All his blog updates are terrible on the punctuation front. I think his shift keys were stolen or something. It really annoyed me when I was following the updates for Afterbirth, and before that when I was following them for Rebirth. But there's not much I can do about it so :shrug:

on the other hand who gives a poo poo

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

IMJack posted:

-greed hard mode

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So who wants to guess on how the new character is gonna be even worse than the Keeper?

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Don't worry this expansion will make the keeper pretty decent. And next year's expansion will fix this expansions character.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
It seems hard to make a less fun character. Maybe blindfolded with Bob's brain and no health.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

It seems hard to make a less fun character. Maybe blindfolded with Bob's brain and no health.

Rebirth version original Lost without the ability to fly. That means no spectral tears, no Holy Mantle, no flying, and no health, die in one hit, gently caress you.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Between dev tools and that description of Bumbo, I'm really curious to see how this will turn out.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Time to think like Edmund...

JOB

Base Isaac stats. Start with 1 heart container. You can accrue items on each floor, but after entering a trapdoor to the next floor and beginning the next round, everything resets - remove all money, keys, bombs, usable items, all stat modifiers, heart containers reduced to 1. The only items exempted from the reset would be The Bible and the Angel Key pieces.

The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Moses

Blindfolded; you have max-level Bumbo to do all of your fighting for you. You die automatically when you see the final boss door of whatever run you're on.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Jesus

Start with 8 Inch Nails and Blood of the Martyr, but you have to kill yourself at the end of Chapter 3.

Jesus Christ killed Himself for His sins.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Jesus

Start with 8 Inch Nails and Blood of the Martyr, but you have to kill yourself at the end of Chapter 3.

Jesus Christ killed Himself for His sins.

Starts with an extra life but it takes 3 days for the respawn.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Why does this room exist

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Did the Beans! challenge with Athame, which gave me a lot more respect for that item. Get hit, kill poo poo with the black ring of death, pick up demon hearts, done!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bucksmash posted:

Time to think like Edmund...

JOB

Base Isaac stats. Start with 1 heart container. You can accrue items on each floor, but after entering a trapdoor to the next floor and beginning the next round, everything resets - remove all money, keys, bombs, usable items, all stat modifiers, heart containers reduced to 1. The only items exempted from the reset would be The Bible and the Angel Key pieces.

The LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

I think you mean GOB come on!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

How long has Abel shot towards your position? I've avoided familiars for a while since I personally kinda dislike them, but iirc last time I picked him up I thought he just mirrored your shots straight forward.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wrist Watch posted:

How long has Abel shot towards your position? I've avoided familiars for a while since I personally kinda dislike them, but iirc last time I picked him up I thought he just mirrored your shots straight forward.

It was either with the Afterbirth release or an update they did that added in the Friends Till The End pill.

Also, if we're posting silly item ideas, there should be some sort of Luck up that reduces you down to one heart container, but adds luck based on how many it removed.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
Since Afterbirth, I think.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh wow, I've been avoiding familiars for a while then. Thanks.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, Edmund nerfed Abel as a joke after some twitter conversation he had.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

It was either with the Afterbirth release or an update they did that added in the Friends Till The End pill.

Also, if we're posting silly item ideas, there should be some sort of Luck up that reduces you down to one heart container, but adds luck based on how many it removed.

Heart On Your Sleeve (passive)
Makes all damage you take work the same way as being damaged by the Blood Donation Machine.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, Edmund nerfed Abel as a joke after some twitter conversation he had.

Abel has always been poo poo, though. I really dislike having familiar projectiles coming in toward me. In any bullet hellish situation I get confused and dodge Abel's shots right into enemy ones.

Someone ought to coin the phrase "differently Abel."

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

If you get the chance, definitely check out today's daily.

Wugga posted:

Abel has always been poo poo, though. I really dislike having familiar projectiles coming in toward me. In any bullet hellish situation I get confused and dodge Abel's shots right into enemy ones.

At least Cain's Other Eye got a buff in Afterbirth. Who knows, maybe five expansions from now, Abel will actually be decent.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PS4 is finally getting Afterbirth on the 10th of this month; http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-04-the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-coming-to-ps4-next-week

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Nearly lost a 50+ streak to a tiny champion version of that curse room specific succubus-type enemy that dodges and teleports annoyingly much. I didn't realize those curse room enemies could even be champions. Being a tiny champions that moves slightly faster and is harder to hit turns him into 10x as much an annoying, teleporting motherfucker.

Soy milk via eden's blessing didn't help. :smith:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Man the Waka Wake challenge is some serious dogshit.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
I've been reading that Danny Baranowsky didn't come back to do the soundtrack for BoI Rebirth or the new Super Meat Boy rereleases because of some kind of falling out with Edmund. Is that true?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Scratch-O posted:

I've been reading that Danny Baranowsky didn't come back to do the soundtrack for BoI Rebirth or the new Super Meat Boy rereleases because of some kind of falling out with Edmund. Is that true?

IIRC it was more of an inability to come to an agreement about how much he should be paid and neither party seemed overly upset about it back when Rebirth came out but I don't know if their relationship has soured at this point.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
:siren: News :siren:

Afterbirth for PS4 and XBone is out tomorrow.

Reddit thread for new challenge suggestions from the community is here

quote:

- suggest a challenge setup that is new and CHALLENGING, the suggestion should place the player in a situation where they need play the game in specific way that adds a new, unusual or just difficult challenge.

- do not just toss out a starting set of items, i really wanna try to have almost all of the new challenges to be out of the box designs that feel fresh and fun.

- feel free to suggest the impossible, if its interesting enough i may find a way work around that could allow the basic idea/theme of the challenge to be executed.

- upvote the ones you like, down vote the ones you hate! only one suggestion per post!

This is what Bumbo looks like, albeit with placeholder graphics

And finally, Edmund teases the "mystery game". Fcuk.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I just beat Ultra Greed and Hush on Afterbirth on PS4 and I have to say they were pretty interesting challenges, of course I used Azazel to do the heavy lifting for me, now I need to get to grips with Lilith.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Isn't the friendly ball reddit's fault? Those guys have a lot of lovely suggestions

Also, maybe a game design group should do their own game design

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The Friendly Ball is a really fun item though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

In a game full of terrible and boring spacebar items I don't really see the point of complaining about friendly ball.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Prop Wash posted:

Isn't the friendly ball reddit's fault? Those guys have a lot of lovely suggestions

Also, maybe a game design group should do their own game design

My only complaint is that the ideas aren't fairly treated. He said himself he's looking at the ones that were upvoted the most. Anyone could fake that. I get why he wouldn't want to look at all nine billion ideas, but yeah... the most upvoted item in the item idea thread was a reference to a northernlion joke. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Any tips for Lillith? I always end up looking at my minions instead of her when I play and end up getting hit.

Did have a good run where I accidentally picked up soy milk, but either it's been buffed or I had enough damage to counter it anyway because it just wrecked everything in a heartbeat.

Still died though.