Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want All Might to retire and hang out as old man bros with Gran Torino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

All Might is not an old man.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

All Might is not an old man.

By manga standards he's ancient.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Transferring 14a is going to kill him. It is barely even a secret to anyone but Deku.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
All Might is going to live and then hang out with all his students because he is a good teacher

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

All Might is going to live and then hang out with all his students because he is a good teacher

All Might will die and 2016 will be the year of the dead teachers.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
Yeah, there's only two ways I see this arc ending.

1) AfO shows up and pastes the Hero team, this is the boring approach, but perhaps the 'Safe' one.

2) Hero Team wins, but the fight drags on longer than expected, and All Might runs his tank dry at the wrong moment. Let's not forget that they've kept saying his time limit for being in his superhero state has been declining very quickly, and yet this last little bit has involved him being in it quite a bit more. I suspect he's currently running on pure fury and indignation at the moment and it's letting him surpass his ordinary limits, but he's about due for a crash. Having Shigaraki slip out, All Might chasing him, and then crashing hard while in striking distance? The guy's outright stated that his goal at the moment is to kill All Might, and I can see him having that opportunity. All of a sudden, the Symbol of Peace goes down at the hands of the Villain Alliance, and there's now a new Symbol of Evil standing over his dessicated corpse. The whole victory is tainted by that very outcome--and Shigaraki walking away from this (And if you think he won't get extracted by teleporter-guy after this... Yeah). Means that everything ultimately played into AfO's hands. Faith in the heroes falls to nothing, villain numbers and activities skyrockets, and all hell generally breaks loose. Creating an opening for the next generation of Heroes to rise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You are forgetting the possibility of a huge jailbreak, meaning all the buildup was deliberate misdirection.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
AFO probably has some loving teleportation quirk that he stole. he's gonna teleport in, nuke the area, and All Might's gonna have to tank the blow, saving everyone but killing him in the process.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Alectai posted:

Yeah, there's only two ways I see this arc ending.

1) AfO shows up and pastes the Hero team, this is the boring approach, but perhaps the 'Safe' one.

Like I sort of touched upon in my last post, I have no idea how a "AfO owns All Might and a bunch of the other professional heroes, so it's up to the kids to stop him" plot could work. The series has been pretty clear that, as talented as the kids are, they are't close to the more highly ranked professional heroes. And unlike something like Naruto or Bleach, the protagonist and his friends don't have some mysterious power that can randomly allow them to win against the strongest enemies. As strong as OfA is, the best we can really expect out of it in the foreseeable future is Deku just becoming as strong as All Might himself. He's not going to bust out some "new form" or anything (or at least I hope he isn't).

The ideal way for the story to go, in my opinion, is for the professional heroes to handle the major fights for the foreseeable future, but for the kids to still be doing plot-relevant stuff. A good example is the recent arc where the kids managed to help out and defeat a couple of the villains, but still needed the help of the professional heroes, or that invasion arc where the kids had to hold out until help arrived. The problem is that a "most of the heroes currently present, including All Might, get owned" plot sort of makes that difficult.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, Deku can get stronger than All Might eventually, actually. That's the whole point of One For All, consolidating and passing down power that grows with each new host.

Of course, it's going to be a while before Deku's even approaching All Might in strength, let alone surpassing him. Short term, I don't think there's any way the kids could beat All For One if he showed up. Which would, of course, be the point of his appearance, turning the tables before the villains just lose outright.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It will turn out that the only real crisis is just Yaoyorozu getting stuck.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

Kirishima seemed to be very flustered about that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

The real crisis is

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Feed your arm into a wood-chipper and then I'll believe you.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

A real artist get his dominant hand blow off in a middle ages war reenactment from a cannon misfire then teach himself to use his other hand. :colbert:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
A real artist uses his/her toes.

Also does it look like Bakugo is on the brink of crying when All might first talks to him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Radish posted:

A real artist get his dominant hand blow off in a middle ages war reenactment from a cannon misfire then teach himself to use his other hand. :colbert:

mangakas dont have enough free time to engage in white man weekends

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mulderman posted:

A real artist uses his/her toes.

Also does it look like Bakugo is on the brink of crying when All might first talks to him?

I figured a combination of relief at being saved and not wanting to admit he needed it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also All Might is just as much a hero to Bakugou as he is to Deku.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mulderman posted:

That was a good panel. Despite all his bravado he's still a scared kid who just got rescued.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Terper posted:

Also All Might is just as much a hero to Bakugou as he is to Deku.

Yeah but for different reasons. Bakugau brings up the memories he has where All Might never loses a fight and Deku specifically references his debut in which he saved a hundred people from a disaster, not even a villian. I think being saved another time is something he kinda didn't want even if he's totally relieved.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
And therein lies the main rivalry between Deku and Bakugou. They both want to be heroes, but their goals are completely different. It's apparent that they are two different people, but it's more than just personality differences between them (though it originates there).

Bakugou's dream is to be the strongest. If it wasn't for All Might's inspiration, he might've gone down the villain path.

Deku's dream is to save anyone he can, or everyone. No matter what, he wouldn't ever even consider doing consciously try to do* something that would hurt someone.

* - edit, vvv
Yes he still punches people but he trusts himself not to punch their heads off.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Apr 19, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
unless they're a villain in which case he's willing to risk accidentally knocking their head off

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And therein lies the main rivalry between Deku and Bakugou. They both want to be heroes, but their goals are completely different. It's apparent that they are two different people, but it's more than just personality differences between them (though it originates there).

Bakugou's dream is to be the strongest. If it wasn't for All Might's inspiration, he might've gone down the villain path.

Deku's dream is to save anyone he can, or everyone. No matter what, he wouldn't ever even consider doing something that would hurt someone.

Yeah I think it's really good writing that they can both look at the same guy and idolize him for totally different but legitimate reasons that really encapsulates their individual characters.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Actually, I think Deku and Bakugou have the exact same goal. They both want to be the #1 hero. They both want to be All Might. It's just that they each only see half of what makes him All Might. There's a front and a back to being the Symbol of Peace.

Bakugou has the charisma and swagger of a hero that deters villains just from his presence, a guy capable of being a pillar of society, but he doesn't yet grasp the true nature of heroism. His efforts are hollow, and he's slowly coming to realize this. He's not just some cynical strength-seeker. Meanwhile, Deku has the philosophical and moral underpinnings of a great hero, but he can't quite resolve himself yet to the sort of public facade needed to be the top hero. His heart is in the right place, but he hasn't wrapped his head around it yet.

If you combined the two, you'd have the perfect hero, a guy who walks the walk and talks the talk.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 19, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'll say again that Bakugou is the best written character in this series and probably in most of shounen comics.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Vengarr posted:

Actually, I think Deku and Bakugou have the exact same goal. They both want to be the #1 hero. They both want to be All Might. It's just that they each only see half of what makes him All Might. There's a front and a back to being the Symbol of Peace.

Bakugou has the charisma and swagger of a hero that deters villains just from his presence, a guy capable of being a pillar of society, but he doesn't yet grasp the true nature of heroism. His efforts are hollow, and he's slowly coming to realize this. He's not just some cynical strength-seeker Meanwhile, Deku has the philosophical and moral underpinnings of a great hero, but he can't quite resolve himself yet to the sort of public facade needed to be the top hero. His heart is in the right place, but he hasn't wrapped his head around it yet.

If you combined the two, you'd have the perfect hero, a guy who walks the walk and talks the talk.

So what you're saying is that instead of Bakugou being the Sasuke, he's going to turn out to be the Vegeta, and we'll get Dekugou when they put on matching earrings, and become the True Symbol Of Peace?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm looking forward to Bakugou's kid from the future shows up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The vegeta thing works. Bakugou is a huge jerk and is always angry, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is stuck in an antagonist role.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

So what you're saying is that instead of Bakugou being the Sasuke, he's going to turn out to be the Vegeta, and we'll get Dekugou when they put on matching earrings, and become the True Symbol Of Peace?

gently caress yeah

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Serious Frolicking posted:

The vegeta thing works. Bakugou is a huge jerk and is always angry, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is stuck in an antagonist role.

Who will be his Bulma?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Who will be his Bulma?

Hatsume? She can build him some gadgets for when/if AFO nicks his quirk.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

heck, baku at least hasn't murdered like a bunch of people like vegeta has

vegeta's turnabout into relatively mild-mannered angry guy on the team is still one of the most amazing transformations in anime for me. at least he was self-aware about it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Who will be his Bulma?

kirishima, duh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Bakugo, but I appreciate these scenes that make him an actual character and not just a huge dickhead with explosions

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Bakugou, he is the best.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bakugou is pretty great. I would probably not be his friend though because he is very mean.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I love Bakugou, he is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He is a very unpleasant person but a very good character.