Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bhsman posted:

I asked a fair question about pad use in Xrd (and even thanked you for taking the time to answer it once the confusion about wording was cleared up), but you still couldn't pass up the opportunity. Not that I mind, but pointing it out pissed you off enough to remember something from almost two weeks ago, I guess.

poo poo, Necro's response was more to the point than yours or Hurthing. :v:

For what it's worth, it was just a joke. I do think you obsess about this game unnecessarily, though.

I'm not pissed off, and I apologize for calling you pissy but your posts and use of :shrug: and :v: make everything you say read in an incredibly passive-aggressive "sorry you feel offended" sort of way that I can't resist jabbing at

Maybe that's why SFV players jab on wakeup so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

bhsman posted:

Maybe this one is Not For You. :shrug:

This game could really do with being for more people because those sales...

Yikes.

Anyway, Guile seems pretty cool so far and I'd like to give him a shot. Visually, his face is pretty bad without the shades but that's expected at this point I guess.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

croutonZA posted:

This game could really do with being for more people because those sales...

Yikes.

Anyway, Guile seems pretty cool so far and I'd like to give him a shot. Visually, his face is pretty bad without the shades but that's expected at this point I guess.

I quite like Guile's face actually, he's a lot better than Alex or Ken even if he looks like he's about to kill you in cold blood after he finishes combing his do

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest guile has always been kind of a weird looking dude

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did they give a release date for Guile yet?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

NecroMonster posted:

I'm not sure you can comprehend any sort of mentality friend

Lmao, nice comeback.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looking forward to playing as Chippendales Mall Cop Guile.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

AnonSpore posted:

I quite like Guile's face actually, he's a lot better than Alex or Ken even if he looks like he's about to kill you in cold blood after he finishes combing his do

Yeah Ken's face makes everything look great in comparison, which is great because that means my av will be in style for a while.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

SectumSempra posted:

Some characters have some decent anti fireball tech.

But either way juri urien and ibuki seem better then the first 3 and I don't even relly care for urien or ibuki.

Im also getting this creeping but lol worthy impression that at least one of the flash kicks won't be invincible on start-up and be able to jabbed out.

I'd love it.

just tossing it back out there

not sure if its true or not but lol either way

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I may be buying a PS4 and this game soon, so I gotta know: how is Sagat in this game?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Unplayable is how he is

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I may be buying a PS4 and this game soon, so I gotta know: how is Sagat in this game?

He's easily the 19th best character in the game.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Necro seems to have a huge hate boner because they want to love sf5 i don't get it. I think its a poo poo game but will admit I've put up with worse.

But i also realize that this game will have almost no bearing on all the fighters i do like and just like the games between sf4 n sf5, sf6 has more chance of being inspired by other fighters than vice versa.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

He's banned, they might patch him back in next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope sagat and a honda/hakkan tag team duo are in season 2

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Not in it yet, and he's not planned for the first wave of DLC.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SectumSempra posted:

He's banned, they might patch him back in next year.

Don't be ridiculous, he already has a patch :rimshot:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In the story mode they mention Abel found Sagat training in the mountains or something

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not pissed off, and I apologize for calling you pissy but your posts and use of :shrug: and :v: make everything you say read in an incredibly passive-aggressive "sorry you feel offended" sort of way that I can't resist jabbing at.

My bad; I can totally see that, and I mean it when I say that wasn't my intention, though that doesn't change how that looked at the time. It's admittedly a little frustrating to want to talk about the game and people want to bring up problems - not that those aren't always valid or fine as a joke, but past a certain point it's obviously being done to annoy people.

That said:

quote:

Maybe that's why SFV players jab on wakeup so much

Nah it's because only 4 characters have a meterless invincible reversal. :twisted:

VVV If you want some fuckin' SA Games subforum lore, I believe that's actually back from when FF14 was released and was a shitpile.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 20, 2016

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Srice posted:

It's basically like the Star Citizen

bhsman posted:

Maybe this one is Not For You. :shrug:

:vince:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Now that I've got a control method that doesn't actively hurt my hands (though putting it together certainly did), I've enjoyed playing a few matchmaking games today. I'm bad, but there have been a few people around my level of badness (and with decent connections) to play against. It's been fun. :3:

I gotta stop getting frustrated when footsies don't work though. I do unsafe stuff, like random spiral arrow, and get wrecked on the punish.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Corbeau posted:

Now that I've got a control method that doesn't actively hurt my hands (though putting it together certainly did), I've enjoyed playing a few matchmaking games today. I'm bad, but there have been a few people around my level of badness (and with decent connections) to play against. It's been fun. :3:

I gotta stop getting frustrated when footsies don't work though. I do unsafe stuff, like random spiral arrow, and get wrecked on the punish.

yeah cammy is your own biggest enemy when you use her.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Also I think it looks pretty.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Is that a Plano container? Looks pretty good actually, I am amused.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I got the idea from playing X-Wing. Or, more specifically, from storing X-Wings.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

I think I will definitely not be using Guile's story mode costume.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the guile stream is delayed because they are locked out of the studio

edit: and the crew isn't there? twitch chat is hard to follow. oh well might be cancelled

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 20, 2016

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Real hurthling! posted:

the guile stream is delayed because they are locked out of the studio

edit: and the crew isn't there? twitch chat is hard to follow. oh well might be cancelled

Adam nooooo

https://twitter.com/ThatMikeRossGuy/status/722605990965678080

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
nice esports dude

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

more like "eh" sports

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Wow what a disaster.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

they runnin out of money again

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Sarchasm posted:

Guile's seen some poo poo, man.

Yes, he probably has. He's about to see worse, given the man he nearly threw everything away for turned into a shambling lunatic monstrosity with his moveset near-stripped from him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cool i was running late anyways

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/721853325956620288

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
There's videos of guile, why can't I play him?

Altared State fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 20, 2016

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Golem II posted:

There's videos of guile, why can't I play him?
Building the hypestream.

So you'll be all 'I will knee bazooka, microcrouchwalk standing fierce ex Flash kick all day' and then when you buy him it's all jank.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Why

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

orz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy