Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i really want to use greater bug blast but i dunno if it's worth 18 points in faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Can you get ultimate bonfire in one NG? I'm pretty sure I got them all but it didn't pop

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

Can you get ultimate bonfire in one NG? I'm pretty sure I got them all but it didn't pop

I just did

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
profaned capital is much larger than i thought now that ive googled "logans scroll"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

profaned capital is much larger than i thought now that ive googled "logans scroll"

Yes it is host to one the game's three poison swamps

Soral
May 30, 2009

Benny D posted:

yes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i am getting irl mad at the princes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

is that not the one that you get from using bone shards on the firelink bonfire until its level 11?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

is that not the one that you get from using bone shards on the firelink bonfire until its level 11?

oh i dunno, i got the achievement at +10

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its cos the flask goes to 10 but the bonfire goes to level 11

Soral
May 30, 2009

estus flask +0 = bonfire level 1

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
someone drop me a hollow gem, i already used the two you find and the crowmen on the road of sacrifices are NOT dropping them

Soral
May 30, 2009

i can give you some if youre playing on pc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Soral posted:

i can give you some if youre playing on pc

im on ps4 sadly.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

im on ps4 sadly.

nothing to be sad about, you own a sony playstation 4, a complete multimedia powerhouse

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

scary ghost dog posted:

im on ps4 sadly.

i have a few but they're on the japanese version and its NG+ so :shrug:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It's interesting that Pontiff Sulyvahn is one of the principal antagonists and main mover and shaker in the story but in the game proper he's given very little fanfare

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I thought it was weird how he's the guy who's done the most to stop you but he doesn't even get a cut scene

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Concurred posted:

i have a few but they're on the japanese version and its NG+ so :shrug:

im on ng+ if theres cross region play

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah I thought it was weird how he's the guy who's done the most to stop you but he doesn't even get a cut scene

He's the closest thing to a villain actively plotting your demise in the whole series whereas most other enemies are just persisting mythical figures from bygone eras or representative of ancient eroding forces

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 20, 2016

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im mad i cured the dark sigil because it turns out the hollow infusion is awesome....guess ill have to do ng++ sooner rather than later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its cos the flask goes to 10 but the bonfire goes to level 11

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He's the closest thing to a villain actively plotting your demise in the whole series whereas most other enemies are just persisting mythical figures from bygone eras or representative of ancient eroding forces

I think seath felt like the closest thing in ds1 to being an almost antagonist just for the gimmick in the archives.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Irina has the saddest plot line of any souls npc besides possibly the onions in ds1.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

I think seath felt like the closest thing in ds1 to being an almost antagonist just for the gimmick in the archives.

Seath was the closest before this game but the pontiff actively sics his mooks on you with outrider Knights, vordt, and the dancer, is allied with the cathedral of the deep, an active organization, has plans with them to keep humanity persisting past the end of the age of fire by having Aldrich consume gods to become a god of the new era. All of this poo poo happens in the background and isn't really brought to the player's attention

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Boomstick Quaid posted:

nashandra too

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Irina has the saddest plot line of any souls npc besides possibly the onions in ds1.

Actually in my game Irina fulfilled her dreams and has had the most positive arc of any character in the game. She can level me up now

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

im on ng+ if theres cross region play
i think so, add me on psn: concles

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it seems pope sullivan fed gwyndolin to aldritch, trapped priscillas daughter in a tower to feed her to him later or just to trap her, and drafted one of gwyneveres daughters into his service so he could endlessly torture her like the rest of his knights and gave her weapons like his - its the dancer of the boreal valley. hes scum

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Concurred posted:

i think so, add me on psn: concles

doin it

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

it seems pope sullivan fed gwyndolin to aldritch, trapped priscillas daughter in a tower to feed her to him later or just to trap her, and drafted one of gwyneveres daughters into his service so he could endlessly torture her like the rest of his knights and gave her weapons like his - its the dancer of the boreal valley. hes scum

You forgot cutting out another daughter's tongue and giving her to the church of the deep

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Pontiff Sullyvahn just wants to rid the world of Gwyn's family and the other forces that mislead the player character into linking the fire yet again, he's not so bad

Speaking of which I want to kill Frampt in the dlc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Boomstick Quaid posted:

You forgot cutting out another daughter's tongue and giving her to the church of the deep

i couldnt find evidence of that but it makes sense

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

i couldnt find evidence of that but it makes sense

I guess there's no evidence that he himself did it other than that he had access to the family of the Gods and is allied to the Church, but regardless Rosaria is deffo one of the heavenly daughters

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Seath was the closest before this game but the pontiff actively sics his mooks on you with outrider Knights, vordt, and the dancer, is allied with the cathedral of the deep, an active organization, has plans with them to keep humanity persisting past the end of the age of fire by having Aldrich consume gods to become a god of the new era. All of this poo poo happens in the background and isn't really brought to the player's attention

And it's great cause we go in and punk the poo poo outta him, then duel other players endlessly in his courtyard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i got invaded by a guy in full papal regalia and papal staff named Evil Pope Benedict

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i ALWAYS get knocked off the bridge in the butterfly armor fight lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

i got invaded by a guy in full papal regalia and papal staff named Evil Pope Benedict

I got invaded by JewBBQ1942 so I'm really glad this game has an extensive name censor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it'll be insanely sick if the dlc is about Gertrude aka the angel lady and we have to go to heaven where it just turns into dark souls bayonetta

• Locked thread