Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Hmm the Yes market on NY MoV is going up, wonder if I should dump and take my profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Hmm the Yes market on NY MoV is going up, wonder if I should dump and take my profit.

got in at 30 yesterday, and i'm currently in the same boat. i'm at least gonna wait until the provisional ballot ruling that should be out shortly.

dunno if people trust Pedigo anymore, but he's forecasting 19+ Hillary. Surprised me mainly bc he's usually very bullish on Bernie (thought he was gonna win AZ for chrissakes) but he might be overcompensating after being off in WY by a huge amount.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

CornflakeS.Pecially posted:

got in at 30 yesterday, and i'm currently in the same boat. i'm at least gonna wait until the provisional ballot ruling that should be out shortly.

dunno if people trust Pedigo anymore, but he's forecasting 19+ Hillary. Surprised me mainly bc he's usually very bullish on Bernie (thought he was gonna win AZ for chrissakes) but he might be overcompensating after being off in WY by a huge amount.

I bought in at 31,I don't have that much money in it so it's an amount I'm comfortable losing, but why lose if you can come out ahead?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CornflakeS.Pecially posted:

Benchmark Politics (who is decent at this stuff) predicts +14.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The +15 market is frightening. Should be some brutal swings as they count votes tonight.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I bought all of these one night when people talked about them in irc

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

a cop posted:

gently caress I need to start hanging out in IRC

you assholes understand some of us can't hang out there all the time and need to remember to pass this stuff on to us in the thread, right?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Ugh I paid 90c for my NY Bernie Noes.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

gently caress I need to start hanging out in IRC

you assholes understand some of us can't hang out there all the time and need to remember to pass this stuff on to us in the thread, right?

Given how much money a cop lost in the early part of the primary season, those buys now are really just karma balancing the scales.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They're really gonna delay the final count aren't they? This is gonna be MO all over again :cripes:

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CNN saying they'll be taking a look at first exit polls at the top of the hour.

so by top of the hour expect it to be a little past that
and by exit polls I mean we get to find out how many r voters are Angry and how many d voters want to Continue Obama's Policies

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Necc0 posted:

They're really gonna delay the final count aren't they? This is gonna be MO all over again :cripes:

Probably not unless it's real close

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Daniel Bryan posted:

Probably not unless it's real close

The MOV market could be that way...

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
https://twitter.com/DKElections/status/722535724063596545

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gently caress!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e_angst posted:

Given how much money a cop lost in the early part of the primary season, those buys now are really just karma balancing the scales.

Yeah even if all of those pay out $1 a share I'll still be down 200 overall lol. Better than 800 though!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Back in Kasich 2nd No. Let's open the drat bloodgates.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Hell yeah, I'm ridin or dyin on that one (only have 50 shares but still)

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
What's the IRC channel again? Doesn't look like its in the op.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

This is available for 12c now if anyone else wants to hop on the "probably gonna lose money" psychotrain.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Ah man I was hoping my 99c Hillary Yes/Bernie No would sell fast. Hope this isn't too long a night.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
It's a good day to own trump shares. Talked to arkane this weekend about my 1237 delegate shares but I'm up four hundred bucks today from those, probably gonna take my profit on those tomorrow morning.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh hell yeah, I bought 100 shares of MOV YES at 24c and now they're at 65c.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

a cop posted:

Oh hell yeah, I bought 100 shares of MOV YES at 24c and now they're at 65c.

I'm trying to figure out if I should hold or not

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The North Tower posted:

I'm trying to figure out if I should hold or not

Yeah same. MSNBC has her with a 22 point lead with 32% in. I'm buying more at 50c expecting it to trend upwards for at least a bit.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

a cop posted:

Yeah same. MSNBC has her with a 22 point lead with 32% in. I'm buying more at 50c expecting it to trend upwards for at least a bit.

1591 shares averaged at 51c for me...this is the first time I've had to actually decide how greedy I should be on this site.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The North Tower posted:

1591 shares averaged at 51c for me...this is the first time I've had to actually decide how greedy I should be on this site.

Nice. I'd say sell enough around 70-80 to hedge it so you for sure break even if it flips. Or, gently caress it, let it ride if you can handle the losses. Looking good so far. The margin has dropped from 22% to 21% with the vote going from 30 to 40%. Going to be crazy close if that trend holds- though I've not been watching the precincts that have been dumping votes.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

a cop posted:

Nice. I'd say sell enough around 70-80 to hedge it so you for sure break even if it flips. Or, gently caress it, let it ride if you can handle the losses. Looking good so far. The margin has dropped from 22% to 21% with the vote going from 30 to 40%. Going to be crazy close if that trend holds- though I've not been watching the precincts that have been dumping votes.

Kicking myself for not going all in at 20-something cents when ~15% of the vote was in, but I haven't seen it go below my average since I decided to pull the trigger.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...pe=sectionfront

I'm doing some modest flipping but given how slow the site is, I'm mostly just aggregating some cheap NOs - a few outfits predicting 12-14% margins (NYT Upshot @ 12%, Benchmark @ 14%

note this could backfire horribly obviously and I'm already net down in this market so I'm probably on tilt but I think prices in the 30s are still too low

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Well I sold all my shares of MoV yes at 60 cents, forgot I had set a sell offer there. Fingers crossed that the race tightens so I don't feel like I lost out on potential profits.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Well I sold all my shares of MoV yes at 60 cents, forgot I had set a sell offer there. Fingers crossed that the race tightens so I don't feel like I lost out on potential profits.

The best profits are the ones you keep. I did the same

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
MOV is still a clusterfuck.

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf
Sold 100 shares of Bernie NO to play the MOV flips. Trying to decide where to land. I think this could end up going YES. Nassau County and lots of downstate NY haven't reported yet, and that will MORE than cancel out upstate votes. Some of those upstate counties have hundreds or thousand of votes. Downstate is another couple orders of magnitude.

SHINEBLOCKA has issued a correction as of 03:07 on Apr 20, 2016

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

watwat posted:

The best profits are the ones you keep. I did the same

Very true, never let greed overcome logic

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr9_GfeoCjk

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Hoping to cover my losses today with Yes MOV.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

SHINEBLOCKA posted:

Sold 100 shares of Bernie NO to play the MOV flips. Trying to decide where to land. I think this could end up going YES. Nassau County and lots of downstate NY haven't reported yet, and that will MORE than cancel out upstate votes. Some of those upstate counties have hundreds or thousand of votes. Downstate is another couple orders of magnitude.

same, I flipped, this market is great. I've never lived in NY, who lives in Nassau? Hillary up by 8 in Suffolk paints a good picture

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

jisforjosh posted:

At the end of the day never regret ending up. Someone said it way earlier in this thread but never measure yourself in how much you *could* have made in hindsight. Down that path lies madness.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I just got hosed so hard in the NY DEM primary market.

Voting Trump in the general out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHINEBLOCKA
Oct 17, 2009

I've got it in for your girlf
I retract my statement about MOV. I've been flipping and watching counties and I believe it'll resolve NO.

• Locked thread