Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

Dang. Well, I'm still going to try it for a while.

Hell, it's what I'm going to be doing. Sunbath/Dancing Mog isn't going to be a damage dealer and the strength of the abilities don't rely on stats, so hitting level 80 isn't as crucial for Mog as it is for other characters. The only thing you need is for Mog to not die, and he's already pretty good at that at level 65.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mirificus posted:

Multi Break reduces stats by the same amount as Full Break (i.e. 30%).

Perfect, thanks.

U-DO Burger posted:

Hell, it's what I'm going to be doing. Sunbath/Dancing Mog isn't going to be a damage dealer and the strength of the abilities don't rely on stats, so hitting level 80 isn't as crucial for Mog as it is for other characters. The only thing you need is for Mog to not die, and he's already pretty good at that at level 65.

Cool. Between the two of us we can figure out how well it works. I've got Mog at 60 or 61 right now so I should be okay. Now I just have to finish the Relm event and do all of the Vincent one to get Multi Break :toot:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So, do I do another draw on VI or wait until the next VI event? I have two Drills now, a Swordbreaker++ and a Crystal Sword+

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MotU posted:

Co-Op Speed Boss Rushes

So like the Kingdom Hearts mobile game.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

MotU posted:

Equipment is streamlined in the multiplayer, its mostly about hones + skills. Soul Breaks can be brought of course but with 4 people and 8 characters, you should be alright

That actually sounds pretty good.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I hate the idea of breaking things down unless youre directly converting those orbs into something you need. Like what if somehow Doppelblade becomes good? I'm pretty sure that won't happen due to being able to see into the future thanks to the Japan version but what if....

I'm hanging on to Doppelblade. If nothing else, it gives Shadow something to do in dailies while I slowly raise his level (egging people straight to 80 is egg-spensive). And it could be great in a multi-enemy boss fight where they're vulnerable to sap and all have a lot of HP and you're willing to S/L a million times!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zurai posted:

JP news:

Multiplayer: Only the host's stamina is depleted, only the host has to pay gems/mythril to phoenix revive, everyone gets a reward if you win, with the host getting an additional reward. Everyone brings two characters, one front row and one back row. The leader can kick players. Each "room" has a number which can be given to your friends to ensure you all get to party together. If anyone disconnects during the fight, the fight ends (unknown whether it refunds the leader's stamina/gems/mythril yet; potential troll point and reason to only do MP with friends).

There's server info for "Trial of the Dark Dragon" (FF11) and "Trial of Denn the Orcatoothed" (FF14), presumably the first two MP bosses.

The "Hyper Evolve" found in the data before is indeed for equipment. Still not entirely sure what it is yet, but it may be linked to increasing the damage cap from 9,999 to 99,999; code was found after today's maintenance in Japan for such.

The Golden Week Colosseum super boss event starts on 4/28, with a new boss opening every 3 days thereafter until 5/7 (or maybe 5/10, 5/7 has two entries which might be a mistake).

A bit late to this, but boy is this some great news. I've been wanting a way to break the damage limit for a while now, what with -aja level spells constantly being cut off at the damage limit while exploiting weaknesses. It'll also make single-hit SBs a bit less useless.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I really wish the FFRK team would come up with something more challenging or interesting than the current Daily Dungeons. For those of us with full compliments of relics and abilities, the ++ are trivial click-fests, boring but worth the reward for minimal attention. My suggestion would be a multi-stage dungeon as it currently is, but each stage would have a random boss from previous encounters that you don't know about beforehand, with no extra medal requirements. Essentially a random boss rush, probably around the current +++ difficulty. Have even higher stamina requirements, around 40 or 50 per stage, but really good dungeon completion rewards such as a couple major orbs. That way you have to bring a decently balanced team, think about your actions, will be able to use all the fun new abilities (rather than spamming Meteor, Ruinga, Valefor, or Maduin 9 times), and get a greater reward for the risk.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Huh that new 6* WHM spell is literally adloquium from XIV

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Benthalus posted:

I really wish the FFRK team would come up with something more challenging or interesting than the current Daily Dungeons. For those of us with full compliments of relics and abilities, the ++ are trivial click-fests, boring but worth the reward for minimal attention. My suggestion would be a multi-stage dungeon as it currently is, but each stage would have a random boss from previous encounters that you don't know about beforehand, with no extra medal requirements. Essentially a random boss rush, probably around the current +++ difficulty. Have even higher stamina requirements, around 40 or 50 per stage, but really good dungeon completion rewards such as a couple major orbs. That way you have to bring a decently balanced team, think about your actions, will be able to use all the fun new abilities (rather than spamming Meteor, Ruinga, Valefor, or Maduin 9 times), and get a greater reward for the risk.

Yeah but how are they going to milk you for stamina to get major orbs? Think of DeNA man.

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING
Absolutely shredded the +++. Amazed, even though I have great FFVII synergy. I think Tyro did SG -> armor breakdown -> shellga and he didn't get to a 2nd armor breakdown. This post-Shout world is something else.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Shadow doing 9999 x8 with his trusty Interceptor is pretty :coal:

Buhhhh he's such a limited character tho!!!! (augment a 125+ atk katana then)

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Wooooooooo!

Who needs a native Hastega, Wall, or non-shared Medica? Just bring a Shout RW and the dream team downs Chardnook with just a single medal lost!

79 Steiner w/ Bamish Strike / Saint's Cross
78 Yuna w/ Diaga / Mending Cure (that thing that heals / regen)
69 Ramza w/ Full Break / Magic Breakdown and Stone Throw
71 Garnet w/ Curaga / Shellra and terrible celebration shared medica
66 Locke w/ Thief's Raid / Lifesiphon and Valiant Knife Death!
RW: Shout!

I refreshed shout after the reversion (60% HP?) and had Yuna spot healing or tossing Diagas if everyone was topped off. Burned Chardy down from 50% with the Saints Crosses and all the SSB's Locke had stored up.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Val Helmethead posted:

I refreshed shout after the reversion (60% HP?) and had Yuna spot healing or tossing Diagas if everyone was topped off. Burned Chardy down from 50% with the Saints Crosses and all the SSB's Locke had stored up.

This is why sometimes offense is the best defense. And also this is why people gush so much about Shout Meta.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So who can learn Draw Fire and Retaliate both? Besides Tyro I mean, right now the only party members I have that can learn Retaliate are Cyan and Cloud, neither of which can use Draw Fire.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

So who can learn Draw Fire and Retaliate both? Besides Tyro I mean, right now the only party members I have that can learn Retaliate are Cyan and Cloud, neither of which can use Draw Fire.

Gilgamesh and Auron, off the top of my head.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Gilgamesh and Auron, off the top of my head.

That's it right now. Basch real soon.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

Egged Steiner to 80 in celebration, since he was so close. My first 80, and my favorite FFIX character!

Now go sit on the bench until I need you for something difficult, Santa.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Quick question before I go into Chardanook, I want to keep her in goddess form as much as possible right? And just keep smacking her with holy and maybe fire?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Holy damage will transform her back to demon form. The only safe way to damage her in goddess form while keeping her in goddess form is with retaliate. She'll use entice and transform regardless every third turn..

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah, demon form is honestly much easier to manage especially when you whack it with holy a second time and can rain down any damage you want.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ketsuo posted:

Quick question before I go into Chardanook, I want to keep her in goddess form as much as possible right? And just keep smacking her with holy and maybe fire?

No, you want to hit her with Holy (any attack that is Holy Elemental) that shifts her into Demon for 5 Turns. In Demon form, you need to hit him with a Holy elemental spell (Diara, Diaga, Holy, Alexander) before you can hurt him with physical. You only need to do this one timeYou want her out of Goddess ASAP otherwise she status effects you. Demon does a ton of Lightning damage if you can mitigate that,

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
Got it, I just reread the description so I guess I'm gonna pile on mitigation and smack her with holy until she dies. Hopefully.

I'm sure I have a few lightning resist accessories somewhere.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ketsuo posted:

Got it, I just reread the description so I guess I'm gonna pile on mitigation and smack her with holy until she dies. Hopefully.

I'm sure I have a few lightning resist accessories somewhere.

There have been a couple lately. I put one on Mog, who had the lowest resist. It helped.

Thinking I might swap out someone for Celes, whose resist is silly good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Finished Relm's event last night and almost manages to push the ultimate fight in to weak phase in a single transition. If' I'd held off for 0.2 seconds to let Agrias get Shout+HotE buffs before her initial Saint's Cross, and let others queue up some attacks right after it I think I could've pulled it off. As it was Goddess came out one more time and immediately got pushed back by Agrias again and then it was mainly some SB spam and Agrias finishing it off with a regular attack since the only thing she had left was some Shellga.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Didn't master it, I kept waiting for it to turn back into a demon and neutered my damage not realizing it wasn't going to stay in demon form. What % does it go into weak phase?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I put off fighting Chadarnook again until after I finish the VII battles, since that will give me the holy orbs for R2 Saint Cross, Diaga, and possibly Alexander. So far they've been easy; outside of S/Ling to put the first Jenova to sleep and to get Elena to sleep without someone dying (I made Silence Shell and honed it to R2 so getting Rude with that was easy, and a good source of damage after that) they've been easy. Ultima Weapon doesn't look so bad either; just need to make sure I keep my mitigation and HP up before it dies. After that's mastered, time to go finish off that portrait finally.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ketsuo posted:

Didn't master it, I kept waiting for it to turn back into a demon and neutered my damage not realizing it wasn't going to stay in demon form. What % does it go into weak phase?

At 40% (or more appropriately "below 41%"), according to the AI datamine.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Beasteh posted:

Huh that new 6* WHM spell is literally adloquium from XIV

Meaning my characters will waste my crit adlos! :argh:

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I've got enough orbs to get either Saint Cross or Thief's Revenge up to R3 or I can get them both to R2. I've got SSBs on characters that can use both (Gilgamesh for Saint Cross, Locke and Zidane for Thief's Revenge.) What should I do?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
If you are just spamming Lifesiphon on all of them you might not need to hone either up, tbh

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Spikey posted:

I've got enough orbs to get either Saint Cross or Thief's Revenge up to R3 or I can get them both to R2. I've got SSBs on characters that can use both (Gilgamesh for Saint Cross, Locke and Zidane for Thief's Revenge.) What should I do?

I have Saints Cross up to R2 and i have yet to go think to myself "man, i wish i had more of this". I typically end up using the characters SB/SSB twice during a boss, plus four hits on saints cross, and that typically means that by the time i'm out the boss is almost dead.

I think you would get far more utility out of R2 Thiefs Revenge + Saints Cross, since you would have two characters with 4 ability uses each, instead of one using 6.

Then again, I don't have any thief SSB's so i haven't used TR to see whether its worth honing to R2.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you're running Shout, then Zidane's SSB doesn't synergize well with it (his ATK self buff will overwrite Shout's, and it's weaker, though it's also one of the better things for reducing enemy ATK so you might not care) and you might want Thief's Revenge for him. However, until his MC2 comes (in May) he won't get all five hits out of it, so you might not want to hone it up immediately anyway.

Other two, like MotU said, their SSBs are stronger than those abilities so if you can run them both with Lifesiphon then neither really needs their respective skill, though they could still be useful. I'd recommend holding off for now, and seeing if a situation arises where you really need one or the other.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Does faultsiphon affect SB time to cast?

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
So I rolled an 11 on the FFVII banner. Just a generic staff and a gold armlet. the armlet and staff are better than nothing, at least realms synergy. But after doing the dailies, I finally have enough black orbs to make my first -aja black mage spell for Vivi. is there any particular element that gets more mileage? I unlocked Yuffie in the event for the Wutai headband I have too, so kinda curious about what support/thief/ninja abilities I should work towards as well. Any advice?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Waterja. It casts 20% faster than other spells and has the least resists. It's going to be your workhorse.

I like making use of Yuffie's Ninja/Dancer abilities by turning her into a debuff/status bot, like phantasm/stumble step is a good combo on a mage team. She can use steal power and thief's revenge on a shout team etc. Waffly versatile.

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 20, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So Celeste remains the only FFVI char I have with soul breaks, after procuring Excalibur to join Rune Saber in the Arsenal :unsmith:

So she's pretty much a beast with that thing right? Or is it situational?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And Ultima Weapon down without difficulty or even a single S/L, and only a medal lost to actions taken. That was easy.

Now, time to do something not so easy and fight Chadarnook. I've honed Saint Cross to R2, and made and honed Diaga to R3; didn't have enough orbs to make and hone Alexander (best I could have done was make it and that's it, which didn't seem worth it) so I'm going forward without it. Current strategy is Beatrix, Eiko, Garnet, Zidane, and Tyro; Garnet's taken Vivi's spot, but she's taking Eiko's role as healer and holder of one of the two -ga spells for protection, while Eiko, who has the better Mind stat, will be the one casting Diaga and holding the other mitigation spell. I figure since Mind doesn't result in that much extra healing, Garnet should do fine there, especially with a healing-improving RM, while Eiko will deal significantly more damage, which will also charge her SSB up faster so she can Medica if needed. Tyro's got Magic and Armor Breakdown (I could give him Multi Break but at R1 I don't think it's worth it) and SG, Beatrix has Banishing Strike and Saint Cross, and Zidane has Lifesiphon and Tempo Flurry, and of course his SSB.

Since I've shoved the second mitigation spell off of Tyro and thus can give him Armor Breakdown, combined with the extra holy firepower I've managed to bring, I'm hoping I can kill this thing dead quickly. Everything Beatrix does should hit for 9999, and all of Zidane and Tyro's stuff should hit much harder too, despite my being somewhat lacking in synergy for them to utilize. I hope this works out; I've been doing pretty well against ultimates so far, so hitting a wall at this one would suck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

JP news:

They're getting a Romancing SaGa 2 collaboration in May. Note, Romancing SaGa 2 is getting a global release; there's a slim chance that we might possibly get this in global, but don't get your hopes up. Anyway, to go along with the collab, they're holding a series of votes for which character will get each relic on the banner for the event. The relics and options are (stolen from reddit):

1) Gae Bolg (Spear): 3 hits + high chance to paralyse.
For: Kain, Edgar and Balthier, or a shared SB.
2) Moonlight (Sword): 3 random ice hits + high chance to stop.
Cloud, Squall and Lightning, or a shared SB.
3) Grim Reaper (Bow): 3 AoE hits + instant death
Faris, Firion and Fran, or a shared SB.
4) Abaron's Holy Robe (Robe): 4 hit holy magic + high blind chance.
Vivi, Rinoa and Rydia, or a shared SB.
5) Liberty Staff (Staff): Party attack and magic up (medium).
Yuna, Arc and Minwu, or a shared SB.
6) Amethyst Axe (Axe): 4 hits + high chance to interrupt
Luneth, Bartz and Vaan, or a shared SB.
7) Mastery Glove (Bracer): DEF + RES up (small) and regen (high).
Zidane, Paladin Cecil and Warrior of Light, or a shared SB.

The two notable ones there are the staff and the bracer. If those wind up as shared SBs they'll be super valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So are we to presume if they're made into shared SBs rather than uniques, they'll be less powerful? Otherwise I have no idea why you wouldn't just vote for every item to be shared.

• Locked thread