Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shakill OReal posted:

Whew, I was worried I would never find another bonfire in time.

lmao got enough hp there bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shakill OReal posted:

Whew, I was worried I would never find another bonfire in time.

I hate it when people point at stuff like this and go "the amount of bonfires in DSIII is out of control! :supaburn:" because it's clearly just for bookkeeping (e.g. you don't warp to Dragonslayer Armor if you want to go to the Grand Archives, you warp to the Grand Archives bonfire). I feel like the amount of bonfires in actual zones are really good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

half the bonfires in DS3 are just boss rooms

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So for sure stay around level 60-65 and hang out in Irithyll/AL if you want to Darkmoon it up. I got I think four or five successful Blade of the Darkmoon summons tonight alone and came out of the night with 10 new Proofs of a Concord Kept. And it was a ton of fun.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Don't PvP at all pre-Abyss Watchers, outside of maybe the crab lagoon so when you inevitably have to fight 60 white phantoms and a blue phantom you can at least go grab the black knight or the Smash Brothers

Also head's up red phantoms. I am purple. I am not your friend. We are allies of convenience at best.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry to repost again but nobody answered it earlier and I couldn't answer it Googlin: can you trade infused +0 weapons to alts? I understand the restrictions on upgraded weapons but I haven't heard anything about infusions.

Also is there a ring that lets you spoof the appearance of a sunbro, or only the generic white phantom one?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

half the bonfires in DS3 are just boss rooms

Wonder if the devs ever considered Mimic Bonfires, or if that was just too dickish.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I hate it when people point at stuff like this and go "the amount of bonfires in DSIII is out of control! :supaburn:" because it's clearly just for bookkeeping (e.g. you don't warp to Dragonslayer Armor if you want to go to the Grand Archives, you warp to the Grand Archives bonfire). I feel like the amount of bonfires in actual zones are really good.

I don't think anyone did that, and that bonfire is really silly when there's another one literally 20 feet away. the cathedral of the deep is a really good example of making use of a bonfire, but not every placement is good. the dragonslayer armor bonfire could just not exist and it'd be fine; they could cutscene you to the grand archives one like they do when you kill the ancient wyvern. there is no reason to ever use the bonfire in that boss arena if they did that, and as is the only reason for it is if you go back to the shrine before walking forward

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh magic damage is just bad in general. it was funny being a spellcaster and plinking away at things while watching literally anyone with an actual weapon doing more damage than I ever could, and without the drawback of a limited fp pool. magic just sucks

I'm not really feeling the weapon arts honestly. The extra moves are cool, but eh.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

some are cool but I don't think I ever used them after the first area when the novelty wore off. of course, I was a mage for 80% of the game so that was competing for fp with my magic crap, so that might have something to do with it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think anyone did that, and that bonfire is really silly when there's another one literally 20 feet away. the cathedral of the deep is a really good example of making use of a bonfire, but not every placement is good. the dragonslayer armor bonfire could just not exist and it'd be fine; they could cutscene you to the grand archives one like they do when you kill the ancient wyvern. there is no reason to ever use the bonfire in that boss arena if they did that, and as is the only reason for it is if you go back to the shrine before walking forward

I mean, Bloodborne's DLC had two lamps comically close to one another: the one for Living Failures and then the one for Maria. It's just a side effect of the "always have a bonfire in a boss arena" thing, I guess, and it seems they'd prefer to have that always be true rather than break that "rule" whenever it would result in two bonfires really close together.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not really feeling the weapon arts honestly. The extra moves are cool, but eh.

Any weapon with Charge owns but those are the only ones I really care about, weapon art-wise.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just found Yorshka. How the gently caress did people find her without messages to guide the way?

Also, the reveal that Irithyll is almost certainly Anor Londo was paced really well. Felt really organic.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I mean, Bloodborne's DLC had two lamps comically close to one another: the one for Living Failures and then the one for Maria. It's just a side effect of the "always have a bonfire in a boss arena" thing, I guess, and it seems they'd prefer to have that always be true rather than break that "rule" whenever it would result in two bonfires really close together.

well yea, that's why it's there. you could definitely just not have one or the other and it'd be fine tho. it's the same with bloodborne. nothing's perfect

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just found Yorshka. How the gently caress did people find her without messages to guide the way?

Also, the reveal that Irithyll is almost certainly Anor Londo was paced really well. Felt really organic.

Yeah, that might be my favorite single moment of the game. When you walk off the rotating platform towards the very familiar castle and the Anor Londo title card shows up and your suspicions are confirmed it's chilling.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

Wonder if the devs ever considered Mimic Bonfires, or if that was just too dickish.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's absolutely silly, but it just follows the theme of "every boss has a bonfire", like all the bosses before it. As for outrage, even in this thread there were people complaining. There are people who are really mad at it, seeing it as being too "casual friendly" (which is really dumb)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy poo poo that ladder mimic is my favorite thing

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I restarted my modem and still everyone I summoned or have been summoned to tonight is a gliding vacuum cleaner that destroys all enemies. Fix pc version from lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm level 61 and trying to find summons for the Pontiff fight, summoning at the Distant Manor, but no signs, even with guidance. I am using a Vordts +2. Am I overleveled or what? It sure as gently caress doesn't feel like it. No network password, unrestricted, can see messages, etc. On PS4.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 20, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbh magic damage is just bad in general. it was funny being a spellcaster and plinking away at things while watching literally anyone with an actual weapon doing more damage than I ever could, and without the drawback of a limited fp pool. magic just sucks

its awesome when you have great chaos fire orb at level 30 but other than that, i think it's best for buffs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like I had the same experience with Dark Souls III and Watch_Dogs: it's like I somehow own the exact PC configuration that matches the only one they tested it on, because I almost never have any of the nasty issues. It's 100% luck on my part but I have no idea how I'm so lucky.

I did get locked outside of the boss fog a couple times when Sunbro'ing though.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Pyromancy is in a pretty good spot but sorcery needs some serious help.

There are some pretty entertaining sorcery PvP videos out there but they mostly show sorcerers clowning on people who don't recognize obvious setups.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Harrow posted:

Make that five summons as a Bluecop now.

I wish I could take advantage of this knowledge but Blue Sentinel summons are just broken for me no matter what I do. Doesn't matter if I know the current hotspot, am in the right level range, reinforcement, etc, nothing happens :smith:

That's the worst part about it in DS3. The blue covenants work...for some people. For some reason.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's happening to a friend of mine too. He'll summon a regular phantom and a sunbro but the sunbro can't walk through the fog gate. Whatever it is, it's definitely the hosts' issue.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How many bosses are there? I don't want to Google in case of spoilers.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
If this guy had more raggedy clothes, he would literally be "The Master" in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbE0L2zWbc

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I think using dried knuckles may cause the fog gate error to occur. I had it happen to me when I tried to use three summons for the dragonslayer armor.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao got enough hp there bro

Raw Broadsword only needs 10 str and 10 dex, what else am I going to put those points in to?!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LUCK, MY MAN

LUCK

Desperate Character posted:

I think using dried knuckles may cause the fog gate error to occur. I had it happen to me when I tried to use three summons for the dragonslayer armor.

It happens even if you're not using those. It'll happen if you open the game, sign in to the server, run straight from the bonfire, summon a sunbro, and initiate the boss.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Dandywalken posted:

I have attacked every bonfire I find, just because I am way too paranoid of this being a thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Spiritus Nox posted:

I used prism stones because you could see it, from the spinning tower and I had to know if I could get there and I did.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This Mad phantom poo poo is stupid. Everybody treats me like an invader, all the monsters are aggro, so it's basically a PVP covenant but with poo poo odds for the invader and no real incentive for the summoner to participate. :/

Just invade people as mound makers.

+You don't get attacked by mobs... i think
+You get priority on being thrown into games with dried fingers, for sheer chaos
+You can kill host or phantoms, whichever will be easier. I love loving over red invaders

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

That's the worst part about it in DS3. The blue covenants work...for some people. For some reason.

on PS4, an hour or two after release, i could not take a step without getting called in to Wolf some motherfucker in the forest to death and now i can't get a bite at all on any character so i'm feelin this

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

a shameful boehner posted:

I'm level 61 and trying to find summons for the Pontiff fight, summoning at the Distant Manor, but no signs, even with guidance. I am using a Vordts +2. Am I overleveled or what? It sure as gently caress doesn't feel like it. No network password, unrestricted, can see messages, etc. On PS4.

That's like, way far away from the boss. People aren't going to put signs there (not even for exploring the next zone because there's another bonfire). There's a shortcut you can open from Yorshka's Church to the boss that makes the run like 15 seconds with enemies you can roll past, so the Church is a better start zone. Or just clear out the few enemies up top and then look for summon signs next to the fog wall. That's where most people usually put theirs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Am I... am I actually good at PvP? Or is the Astora Greatsword just super OP now? I can't tell but I haven't lost yet tonight, and most of my fights have been either duels or me fighting two invaders, or helping a host fight through four enemies and an invader all at the same time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Minrad posted:

+You don't get attacked by mobs... i think

You don't get sought out by mobs initially, but they turn hostile I think when a red phantom shows up or if you hit them. I'm not sure what triggers it.

source: I've been crab-smashed many times as a Purple Pro

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I just realized that around Gilligan's corpse are loads and loads of ladders. He was trying to escape :negative:

I don't remember seeing this, where is this?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

it should not surprise anyone by this point that a lot of people really do not like being invaded and do not want to deal with the random human element. the invadee summoning dudes to kill you is just gonna happen, and they aren't honorbound to fight fair, especially when they're at an inherent disadvantage to red phantoms when it's 1v1 because of the ai enemies

Anytime someone says this I just laugh and laugh

This is basically never true. There are some specific parts of levels where the enemies are dangerous enough to be somewhat of a threat to the host and their posse, but even those are often completely neutered by them just staying back and letting the enemies leash, forcing you to come fight them and almost certainly die. You're doubly hosed if the host has a Seed of Giants.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

Am I... am I actually good at PvP? Or is the Astora Greatsword just super OP now? I can't tell but I haven't lost yet tonight, and most of my fights have been either duels or me fighting two invaders, or helping a host fight through four enemies and an invader all at the same time.

if you know when to start swinging and have a good weapon/enough beef to take the hits to get in there, you're honestly 85% of the way. i'm quite certain the astora greatsword is strong but you could eke another swing out of something lighter, maybe, potentially???

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

That's happening to a friend of mine too. He'll summon a regular phantom and a sunbro but the sunbro can't walk through the fog gate. Whatever it is, it's definitely the hosts' issue.

This has happened to me several times as the sunbro who's stuck behind the gate, and every time it seems to have been caused by the host entering the gate at the exact moment I loaded in to the world. Every time, I just saw their feet going through the fog when I appeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hidden body really breaks pretty much everything doesn't it. I can't believe it uses so little mana. As it is you can pretty much stealth through an entire level killing everything before it can react.

edit: on top of Soul Spear one-shotting Ith knights sorcery is getting a little out of hand.

Mehrunes fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 20, 2016