Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

voltcatfish posted:

i just remember them saying something about horses

DS2 DLC is the best content of any Souls game. Each zone has an optional gimmick coop area that sucks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Making a pyromancer as my second character and the raw astora sword carried me quite awhile but I need to decide on what to use now.

Do I want to pump my dex and use the dex scaling infusion and a flaming weapon buff, or the chaos enchant with +30/30 int/faith, or is chaos a bit weak because of the split damage and no weapon buffs?
Is there any weapon that stands out as a good candidate for a chaos infusion, like hidden scaling bonuses? tried the astora greatsword but the stamina usage is a bit dumb.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Obligatum VII posted:

I don't remember seeing this, where is this?

Right next to the Profane Capital bonfire, he's the corpse you get the lay down gesture from.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Anytime someone says this I just laugh and laugh

This is basically never true. There are some specific parts of levels where the enemies are dangerous enough to be somewhat of a threat to the host and their posse, but even those are often completely neutered by them just staying back and letting the enemies leash, forcing you to come fight them and almost certainly die. You're doubly hosed if the host has a Seed of Giants.

Also if they're eligible to be invaded, they're eligible to summon a friendly phantom, and no NPC in the entire game is a match for two semi-competent players much less the 4 you're going to be fighting most of the time as an invader.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Luceid posted:

if you know when to start swinging and have a good weapon/enough beef to take the hits to get in there, you're honestly 85% of the way. i'm quite certain the astora greatsword is strong but you could eke another swing out of something lighter, maybe, potentially???

I could, probably, but this thing's Charge weapon art has handed me at least a couple of wins tonight. It's got a real nice moveset.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Weird request but I don't suppose anyone knows a way I could get DS3 to read the + key on my numpad? It doesn't register it as a valid option in the key rebinding screen even though it detects other numpad keys.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Making a pyromancer as my second character and the raw astora sword carried me quite awhile but I need to decide on what to use now.

Do I want to pump my dex and use the dex scaling infusion and a flaming weapon buff, or the chaos enchant with +30/30 int/faith, or is chaos a bit weak because of the split damage and no weapon buffs?
Is there any weapon that stands out as a good candidate for a chaos infusion, like hidden scaling bonuses? tried the astora greatsword but the stamina usage is a bit dumb.

You could just keep your sword raw and use the flame arc buff on it. That's what I did with my thrall axe and it worked through the whole game.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Hey I have used up all my cracked red eye orbs that the masked guy gave me. Where can I get more? I just unlocked the Cathedral.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Harrow posted:

I could, probably, but this thing's Charge weapon art has handed me at least a couple of wins tonight. It's got a real nice moveset.

I think a lot of people who aren't fastidiously looking for new edges in PVP (casual fuckers like me) are gonna sleep on weapon arts for a little longer yet so hell yeah, gamer

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hey I have used up all my cracked red eye orbs that the masked guy gave me. Where can I get more? I just unlocked the Cathedral.

Did you get a tongue? Go talk to him again, and he'll direct you to a good upgrade.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

snoremac posted:

How many bosses are there? I don't want to Google in case of spoilers.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can the slightly larger pontiff knights (the ones with the fire spears) drop their armor? I like theirs a bit better than the normal knights.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

There's 19 boss souls.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

There are 19 bosses, 6 of them are optional.

There are a lot of boss-like enemies, though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Ok, gently caress the nameless king. Seriously.

I can beat the first stage easy now. I've done it flawlessly. It's just such a loving drag having to do it again when the second stage is the hard part.

I started using the spirit tree crest shield, because with 100 phys and 83 lightning it does a great job blocking, but...

gently caress.

e;

aaaaah got him down to the K! Got greedy

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Can the slightly larger pontiff knights (the ones with the fire spears) drop their armor? I like theirs a bit better than the normal knights.

Yes.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They drop the Fire Witch set.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
okay guys. i'm like 90% through the main game (end of lothric, at the bridge) and just went back because I think i missed a tome in carthus. Turns out Anri is here and i didn't fail this questline.

how do I not gently caress this up?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

^^^There are 2 Anri questlines. Which one are you on?^^^

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Babe Magnet posted:

There are 2 Anri questlines. Which one are you on?

I wanted to make her my waifu, I guess.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Obligatum VII posted:

I don't remember seeing this, where is this?

Profane Capital bonfire, He's where you learn the gesture "stretch out" and honestly that makes it a bit more...I dont know, not sad. Whats the feeling where you're sad and also disgusted at the tragedy? I really liked the guy :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Know what's worse than invaders t-posing across your world? The watchdogs in Irithyll doing it too when you're a phantom.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tabletops posted:

I wanted to make her my waifu, I guess.

Then the next step is to jump directly into the garbage.

Kill Horace in smoldering lake, and then tell her about him. Then meet her at the second bonfire in Irithyll. The church one. While there, exhaust her dialogue and kill the assassin by the statues. Your next stop is Anor Londo.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Do Darkwraiths not drop the Dark Hand?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

No. You buy the dark hand from Yuria.

They drop the Dank Sword though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Babe Magnet posted:

Kill Horace in smoldering lake, and then tell her about him. Then meet her at the second bonfire in Irithyll. The church one. While there, exhaust her dialogue and kill the assassin by the statues. Your next stop is Anor Londo.

Aren't you supposed to NOT tell her?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

If you kill him it doesn't matter if you do or don't, I believe. If he's alive, then there's a problem.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Not quite DON'T kill the assassin if you want the 'wedding'

RBA Starblade posted:

If you've killed Horace it's fine to tell 'em

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Vargs posted:

Pretty much every time it's safe to attack Dancer, it's when she waves her rear end in your direction after a swing. And I did the fight using a whip. The kinkiest boss fight.

a fine Dark Souls tradition

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

Not quite DON'T kill the assassin if you want the 'wedding'

I took it that they wanted the "good" ending for her.

neither ending is the good ending

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

even after reading the description for the ring of cats i thought it would just negate some fall damage like darksouls 2, not literally all fall damage, even from falls that would otherwise kill me hollow. :stare:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hold the gently caress up

what

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

hold the gently caress up

what

im guessing theres a limit, but falling from the giant pit in the dungeons to the rats would kill me from full health hollowed, but with the ring on i take it like a champ with no damage.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

That's like, way far away from the boss. People aren't going to put signs there (not even for exploring the next zone because there's another bonfire). There's a shortcut you can open from Yorshka's Church to the boss that makes the run like 15 seconds with enemies you can roll past, so the Church is a better start zone. Or just clear out the few enemies up top and then look for summon signs next to the fog wall. That's where most people usually put theirs.

Thanks this helped :)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Mazerunner posted:

Ok, gently caress the nameless king. Seriously.

I can beat the first stage easy now. I've done it flawlessly. It's just such a loving drag having to do it again when the second stage is the hard part.

I started using the spirit tree crest shield, because with 100 phys and 83 lightning it does a great job blocking, but...

gently caress.

e;

aaaaah got him down to the K! Got greedy

Put on lightning resist gear and the lightning resist ring and the iframe ring. The extra iframes make dodging his poo poo a lot easier.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roobanguy posted:

im guessing theres a limit, but falling from the giant pit in the dungeons to the rats would kill me from full health hollowed, but with the ring on i take it like a champ with no damage.

The limit seems to be falls that would kill you no matter what your health is, which there doesn't seem to be too many of outside of bottomless pits. Nice!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Pontiff Sulyvahn is murdering my balls. MURDERING. THEM. :negative:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Babe Magnet posted:

The limit seems to be falls that would kill you no matter what your health is, which there doesn't seem to be too many of outside of bottomless pits. Nice!

I found this out the hard way. I thought I could jump off anything.

Turns out I cannot jump off everything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is summoning for Nameless King bugged or something? Tried summoning help there but kept getting "Unable to summon". Anyway, beat him by myself. Tough boss, I'm lucky the shield I had been upgrading the whole game had good lightning resist.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RatHat posted:

Is summoning for Nameless King bugged or something? Tried summoning help there but kept getting "Unable to summon". Anyway, beat him by myself. Tough boss, I'm lucky the shield I had been upgrading the whole game had good lightning resist.

It's a hard boss, summon signs come and go really fast there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

a shameful boehner posted:

Pontiff Sulyvahn is murdering my balls. MURDERING. THEM. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHWpE4bqms4

TopHatGenius posted:

I found this out the hard way. I thought I could jump off anything.

Turns out I cannot jump off everything.

Well I mean, you CAN jump off anything. You probably shouldn't though.

e: how do you embed a webm