Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I added a Guild Name column to the spreadsheet. Enter the name there you'd like to have. If there's a clear leader we can go with that, otherwise there will have to be a brokered convention.

I really don't care, although I have seen some funny names out there. I also don't care who starts the guild. 300k is really pretty cheap, so I don't mind, but if someone really wants to be guild leader, have at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Send me a PM if you guys want to make a new thread and I will close this one, or you can send me the info to update the OP. I quit playing a few weeks ago.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Primaris posted:

Send me a PM if you guys want to make a new thread and I will close this one, or you can send me the info to update the OP. I quit playing a few weeks ago.

Cool, thanks, I think I'll be making a new thread, will shoot you a PM when it's up (probably in a couple days, depending on how lazy I am)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
If we need a backup guild it should be the goonmorian guards

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Decided to use some crystals I'd collected to buy a 4x box. Man, do I regret doing that. No full character and just shards for lovely ones.

I've done this a few times and it's literally the same garbage every time.

There's no reason to ever buy and it's almost like the game wants you to be ashamed of your decision.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Slightly Toasted posted:

I've done this a few times and it's literally the same garbage every time.

There's no reason to ever buy and it's almost like the game wants you to be ashamed of your decision.

I normally just buy a single one every now and then and I've gotten the special cone dude and Han from that. Go for a four? Junk.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have bought the 8 pack once and got Darth Maul who carried me pretty hard through some mid 40s DS missions and arena. Donīt buy chromium though, if you want to spend money, get the Barriss pack and then only gems.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have bought the 8 pack once and got Darth Maul who carried me pretty hard through some mid 40s DS missions and arena. Donīt buy chromium though, if you want to spend money, get the Barriss pack and then only gems.

Same, but this.

Getting an extra cantina refresh can speed up your time to characters from there by a FUCKload.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My lovely unloved toons:

greedo,
ugnaught,
nightsister initiate,
jedi knight guardian,
lando,
magmatrooper,
veers,
nightsister acolyte

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

My lovely unloved toons:

greedo,
ugnaught,
nightsister initiate,
jedi knight guardian,
lando,
magmatrooper,
veers,
nightsister acolyte

Put lando together with phasma.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really wish I would have worked on Barriss sooner. Shes a god send for GW and she's gonna be my next 7*.

How is Jedi Anakin? I'm thinking about getting him to 7* after Barriss.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

cowofwar posted:

ugnaught,

This little dude has to be the worst character in the game. Wonder if he'll go through a metamorphosis and become something special?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

I really wish I would have worked on Barriss sooner. Shes a god send for GW and she's gonna be my next 7*.

Fast enough that they nerfed his damage. OK defenses. Good AoE on a low cooldown, if you can land the knockout it is free offense up... But that usually just means "if you are winning, you win a little harder." Kind of like a LS Kylo mirror that punishes you for killing his friends instead of him. Also like KR he is unremarkably mediocre in terms of real power but sometimes things work out and he feels like a good character.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

MarcusSA posted:

Agreed, I too wish I realized how good she was earlier. Would maybe have even bought the starting pack. She is the MVP of GW, doubly so when you run all Jedi team.

MarcusSA posted:

No idea really, I read he used to be great before the protections patch but not anymore, I don't really mind though, I already have 40 shards from hard mode and I am going for him the instant I unlock the cantina battle. Go Team Jedi ! :)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

Fast enough that they nerfed his damage. OK defenses. Good AoE on a low cooldown, if you can land the knockout it is free offense up... But that usually just means "if you are winning, you win a little harder." Kind of like a LS Kylo mirror that punishes you for killing his friends instead of him. Also like KR he is unremarkably mediocre in terms of real power but sometimes things work out and he feels like a good character.

I think G9 Kylo is actually a thing. I've been running into him in arena, and he has an absurd amount of health. Also, the AI prioritizes his AOE into retribution, which actually makes him a fairly good counter to Dooku, since Dooku does basically no damage to him. I think Dooku (L), Fives, RG, KR, Barriss/STH/etc. is going to be incredibly frustrating moving forwards. I would be working on him, but, I'm legitimately pursuing an Ewok squad (and will be focusing on RG as soon as I have that node unlocked). I'll let you all know how that goes...

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Just added a bunch of you and voted for Ima Goon Di, you're gonna be thrilled with my Chewie QGJ! Still have room for allies, I'm lvl 74.

Hopefully raids are fun...

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

cowofwar posted:

My lovely unloved toons:

greedo,
ugnaught,
nightsister initiate,
jedi knight guardian,
lando,
magmatrooper,
veers,
nightsister acolyte

I've got my money on the Scoundrel event coming soon, join me!

I got:
7* Greedo, 6* Nute, 4* Lando, Boba, and Chewie so far

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Malgrin posted:

I think G9 Kylo is actually a thing. I've been running into him in arena, and he has an absurd amount of health. Also, the AI prioritizes his AOE into retribution, which actually makes him a fairly good counter to Dooku, since Dooku does basically no damage to him. I think Dooku (L), Fives, RG, KR, Barriss/STH/etc. is going to be incredibly frustrating moving forwards. I would be working on him, but, I'm legitimately pursuing an Ewok squad (and will be focusing on RG as soon as I have that node unlocked). I'll let you all know how that goes...

G9 Kylo is indeed a huge improvement. If other G9 upgrades are similar we're all gonna need to start working on those 50-stacks. His just happened to be the first one I started on, and now I can't decide who to work on next.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Why are people still using Savage Oppress?

God I love that A.) free QFJ first turn offense up off of Savage hasn't been patched and B.) No one seems to be loving aware of it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I bought the 8 pack because I had saved like 5000 monies from logging in casually every day and just doing whatever cantina/hard mode shards I wanted, and I got dooku + 7 shard packs for various ewoks and jawas and stormtroopers, none of which was enough to promote or acquire any of said dumbass ewoks, jawas, and stormtroopers...

Argh!! Well now I know better and will just use them on refreshes when i start playing seriously next week.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's an addition for the OP if we get a new thread:

Q: Should I ever spend crystals on Chromium packs, other than to buy one single pack for the free character?
A: NO!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Here's an addition for the OP if we get a new thread:

Q: Should I ever spend crystals on Chromium packs, other than to buy one single pack for the free character?
A: NO!

:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

:siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

As a whale this is so drat true.

:homebrew:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
They oddly discourage IAP by making subsequent energy refreshes more expensive.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Q: What is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?
A: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a mobile game by Electronic Arts. The game was first announced on June 15, 2015 in EA's press conference during the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The game revolves around collecting different characters in the Star Wars universe, leveling them up through mission based activities, and acquiring items to gear them.
Basically, the game is Pokemon for Star Wars.

A: :siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

Feel free to post ally codes in this thread so that you can add each other and use other peoples heroes and poo poo. It's very handy when you get into the area of the game where you can summon an ally. Also add yourself here, and anyone in this spreadsheet, which we will also be using to organize goon guilds: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3771211

It's in my soon-ish to be OP

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

They oddly discourage IAP by making subsequent energy refreshes more expensive.

Yeah has any other game done that? I can't think of one that does it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I found it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah has any other game done that? I can't think of one that does it.

It's one of the few things they do that helps out F2P players, because there's a limit to how far ahead the non-F2P players can get without spending ludicrous amounts of money.

If refreshes stayed at 50/100 crystals I would definitely have bought a crystal pack by now. So thanks CG, I guess?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I found it.

:thurman:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Here is a thing that literally every character needs.

Here is a thing that no character needs.

Great itemization guys.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

I don't think a single attempt to cheese GW by doing something special with your arena team has ever been shown to reliably work, so it's probably not worth it to maintain

Spakstik posted:

This is very disappointing news.

I'm level 75 do this and it absolutely works. I keep highest arena power won with purposely depressed because I hate it when GW takes forever.

I rank in the 20's instead of top 10 as a result, but in trade I have auto'd through GW for like months, it loving rules and is the best quality of life decision I ever made

My GW literally gets easier every day instead of harder as my GW squads continue to outpace my arena squad

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

I'm level 75 do this and it absolutely works. I keep highest arena power won with purposely depressed because I hate it when GW takes forever.

I rank in the 20's instead of top 10 as a result, but in trade I have auto'd through GW for like months, it loving rules and is the best quality of life decision I ever made

So, you can't ever make GW easier than it is right now by weakening your arena team. However, if your GW team gets more powerful, while your arena power stays the same, GW will get easier by comparison.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Malgrin posted:

So, you can't ever make GW easier than it is right now by weakening your arena team. However, if your GW team gets more powerful, while your arena power stays the same, GW will get easier by comparison.

Yes, all we know is one part of the equation is the highest team you have ever won an arena match with, per the CG posts.

Previously, emphasis was on "one part of the equation" but my months of experience have bourne out that it is a significant part of the equation.

For example, I fought the classic whale teams for months; ever since I stalled out my arena power, I stopped seeing them.

Why? Because it draws from a pool of candidates within a given power (someone actually mapped it out and it was rough 90% of your total) and if you're significantly depressed from the current "cap" where the whales are racing you will get subpar teams, because that's who's rocking those power ratings

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

thechalkoutline posted:

Yes, all we know is one part of the equation is the highest team you have ever won an arena match with, per the CG posts.

Previously, emphasis was on "one part of the equation" but my months of experience have bourne out that it is a significant part of the equation.

For example, I fought the classic whale teams for months; ever since I stalled out my arena power, I stopped seeing them.

Why? Because it draws from a pool of candidates within a given power (someone actually mapped it out and it was roug90% of your total) and if you're significantly depressed from the current "cap" where the whales are racing you will get subpar teams, because that's who's rocking those power ratings

I wish I'd read this before reading someone else's post here and deciding to plow ahead in arena with my non-sandbagging team. Yesterday was the first time in, I dunno, two months maybe where I wasn't able to complete GW, and now I'm getting caught up less than halfway through the nodes. I don't have enough credits/droids/stars to field a reliable 2nd team (and I'll be damned if I spend money on this game), so any time I lose a character I have to restart, and I'm quickly losing my patience with trying to figure out the one key combo that gets me through without someone dying.

Is everyone sure it's not the highest team you LAST won with vs. highest ever?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I envy this whale :(

(For those who never fought her: Aayla Secura has has +10% critical chance, 50% counter chance, +50% counter damage and 25% chance to call assist on her basic attack (and if the assisting character is a Jedi they get +50% damage bonus.) Basically a wet dream for a Jedi squad :( )

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 21, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Mr. Neutron posted:

I envy this whale :(

(For those who never fought her: Aayla Secura has has +10% critical chance, 50% counter chance, +50% counter damage and 25% chance to call assist on her basic attack (and if the assisting character is a Jedi they get +50% damage bonus.) Basically a wet dream for a Jedi squad :( )
Impressive whaling. Been playing since December and have 0/50 shards on Aayla Secura unlock lol.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I didn't even know there was a Twi'lek in the game so I guess I'm not a whale

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Spakstik posted:

I wish I'd read this before reading someone else's post here and deciding to plow ahead in arena with my non-sandbagging team. Yesterday was the first time in, I dunno, two months maybe where I wasn't able to complete GW, and now I'm getting caught up less than halfway through the nodes. I don't have enough credits/droids/stars to field a reliable 2nd team (and I'll be damned if I spend money on this game), so any time I lose a character I have to restart, and I'm quickly losing my patience with trying to figure out the one key combo that gets me through without someone dying.

Is everyone sure it's not the highest team you LAST won with vs. highest ever?

It's highest ever, per the dev post, though their community liasons have been known to be misinformed.

It is unfortunate that full clearing GW is one of the few must-do's as it represents the vast majority of your daily credit income

However, luckily for you, even with high arena power, GW can still be trivialized! The keys to doing so are, in this order, assuming fully complete characters:

- Barriss Offee
- JC
- Lumi

It is difficult to explain how much of game breaker Offee is; most people think she's used to heal around heal block but that's not the case at all, I go days without using her heal.

It's because the sheer amount of passive sustain heal she brings with her basic HP up and per-character HP up at start of turn, which only got better as fights slowed down, my healers are able to heal 2-4 times every fight and still end fights with 0 cd

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Picked up this game over the weekend and have been playing it daily. I'm level 36 now, on a shard where the highest levels are ~40.

Still running with the default team, but I'm bit by bit starting to grasp what is good and what isn't good. Sort of. I'm not really farming for anyone, since I'm not sure who to farm for. So I'm just playing the game until a character unlocks and rolling with that.

Even so, that one team arena mission that starts with 4 B1 droids and 4 Clone Troopers firing first (and getting tons of bonus shots) is the WORST. It's like it was designed to kill off at least one of your characters so you couldn't 3-star it.

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I am on a relatively Whale-Free shard, thankfully, and I'm suddenly cracking the top 20 and not losing many positions overnight.

Buffs are imporant, right? And RG's taunt is good, right?

Team NO BUFFS FOR U

QGJ 7*G9
Mace 7*G9
Daka 7*G9
Rey 6*G8
Poe 6*G8

Mace is a giant wall of HP that hits for 4-6k, making him quite nice. And between QGJ's speed boost and Shatterpoint (which I almost always take advantage of) he acts a lot more often than you might expect.

"But shatterpoint sucks because you can't focus fire!"
Well, sort of. If you hit it you're taking probably their entire Protection bar AND Mace gets to go again in 75% of the time. While I don't ALWAYS hit it, I usually hit it. Plus, sometimes you get lucky and it lands on the rear end in a top hat you want to focus down.

• Locked thread