Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Someone explain to me why you can call someone a Stalinist or an IS supporter, but you can't call someone else Dodgy.

I really can't work this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

OwlFancier posted:

:agreed: though I do like sugar in it.

I wouldn't like sugar in mine but I'm gonna do you a solid here. Get some gin and steep son earl grey teabags in it for for a couple of hours about 4 teabags for every 500 ml. Then your gonna want to add about 75ml of gin, 25ml of sugar syrup and 25ml of lemon juice. Shake with ice, then pour into a large glass with a good amount of fresh ice, fill to the top with tonic and garnish with a slice of lemon. You can thank me later.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is anyone watching PMQs? Every loving response is 'lol McDonalds'. :psyduck:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
gently caress proper etiquette, Earl Grey tastes loving great with some milk and sugar. That said though, I prefer Rooibos or a proper chai.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pork Pie Hat posted:

What are you weirdos putting milk in tea for? Milk is stolen from exploited worker cows you monsters.

Who said it was cow's milk? *sups brew with british bulldog milk, vomits into mug*

More seriously I've been considering transitioning to soy milk, might try some this afternoon.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I prefer rice milk. Even good soy doesn't go well in tea, and only holds up marginally well in coffee. Also alot of soy milks contain hydrogenated palm oil, and that stuff is actual death.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 20, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

He has no choice, unemployment figures have gone up and wages have gone down, so he can't use his usual talking points without getting owned. Only way he can get away is by being such a massive child that people focus on that instead.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rooibos is good.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mum switched to putting milk in first once we stopped making tea in a teapot, because it keeps the mugs cleaner :shrug:.

e: well, to clarify, her strategy now is "a tiny bit of milk in first, then the hot water, then the rest of the milk".

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Kokoro Wish posted:

I prefer rice milk. Even good soy doesn't go well in tea, and only holds up marginally well in coffee.

I have a friend who has switched exclusively to almond milk or, as I prefer to call it, nut juice. It tastes OK but there's loads of added sugar in it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

I prefer rice milk. Even good soy doesn't go well in tea, and only holds up marginally well in coffee.

Hmm. Rice milk, never heard of it before. Might check it out but seems soy has the least sugar of the lot.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Hazelnut milk goes petty well in tea

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Turning down the chance to take money is not something Tories can comprehend on any level.

Chucat posted:

Someone explain to me why you can call someone a Stalinist or an IS supporter, but you can't call someone else Dodgy.

I really can't work this out.

You're allowed to slag people off outwith parliament (i.e. Corbyn is a terrist lover) or if you don't mention them by name (just "a stalinist").

So only when they can't be there to respond to the insult.

Lord of the Llamas fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Apr 20, 2016

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tesseraction posted:

Hmm. Rice milk, never heard of it before. Might check it out but seems soy has the least sugar of the lot.

It's the best of the non-milks. Almond and soy have pretty substantial (for me at least) aftertaste.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I keep the teabag in when I add milk because I like quite strong tea & don't want to spend ages hanging around the kitchen.

But then I don't drink tea all that often. Or coffee. Just give me water. Or Irn Bru. Or one of those horrible energy drinks like Rockstar. When I was having to get up at 4:30 for my previous job (relying on rural public transport is poo poo, same bus for either a 8am or 9am start) I pretty much got addicted to them, since they let me go I've managed to back off from them but I do still like them a bit too much.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
I like red bush tea, as I can't drink caffeine.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Isn't production of almond milk at least partly responsible for the drought conditions in California?

Specifically, the almond growing bit of almond milk.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I bet some of you pronounce almonds as 'all monds'.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

I keep the teabag in when I add milk because I like quite strong tea & don't want to spend ages hanging around the kitchen.

But then I don't drink tea all that often. Or coffee. Just give me water. Or Irn Bru. Or one of those horrible energy drinks like Rockstar. When I was having to get up at 4:30 for my previous job (relying on rural public transport is poo poo, same bus for either a 8am or 9am start) I pretty much got addicted to them, since they let me go I've managed to back off from them but I do still like them a bit too much.

rockstar is owned by someone banned from entering the uk

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
How to make a cup of tea:

Dump a teabag into a mug. Pour in the hot water. Wait between 30 seconds and 5 minutes depending on how distracted you get by whatever it was you were doing before. Come back and put some milk in. Get distracted again. Twenty minutes later take a sip and realise it's gone cold. Stick it in the microwave for thirty seconds, then drink.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osborne-agrees-exempt-mps-7791202

quote:

George Osborne has agreed to make MPs exempt from anti-money laundering checks under pressure from moaning Tory backbenchers.

Tory MP Charles Walker claimed MPs and their families were being treated like "African despots".

I'm sure nothing can go wrong by removing measures to prevent government corruption.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

It's the best of all worlds.

Jose posted:

Edward Snowden?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

forkboy84 posted:

The tea will continue to brew without you watching.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'll take my place against the wall just as soon as I've finished this latté.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Guavanaut posted:

It's the best of all worlds.

Edward Snowden?

no this one is banned for being a massive racist

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

I'm assuming for mass distribution of chemical weapons

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Rockstar's CEO's dad is banned from entering the UK. Michael Savage, the talk radio lunatic.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Zephro posted:

How to make a cup of tea:

Dump a teabag into a mug. Pour in the hot water. Wait between 30 seconds and 5 minutes depending on how distracted you get by whatever it was you were doing before. Come back and put some milk in. Get distracted again. Twenty minutes later take a sip and realise it's gone cold. Stick it in the microwave for thirty seconds, then drink.

One of the defining moments of my childhood was swapping the sugar in my brothers mug for salt and then slowly going mad with anticipation as he did exactly this.

Except with "boil kettle. Let kettle go cold. Boil kettle again" too. Longest half hour of my life.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Strom Cuzewon posted:

One of the defining moments of my childhood was swapping the sugar in my brothers mug for salt and then slowly going mad with anticipation as he did exactly this.

Except with "boil kettle. Let kettle go cold. Boil kettle again" too. Longest half hour of my life.
Hah. Did he finally drink it in the end?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jeremy Corbyn's snapchat is bad. It's just photographs of him sitting at desks and stuff. Is it too much to ask for a faceswap with Diane Abbott or a photo of John McDonnell with an anime filter? If he can't even get this right, it's time for him to step down imho.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Zephro posted:

Hah. Did he finally drink it in the end?

He practically threw up in the sink. It was brilliant.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Goat milk is pretty good, but it does taste like cheese.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

Jeremy Corbyn's snapchat is bad. It's just photographs of him sitting at desks and stuff.

Great to hear about Corbyn reaching out to the youth vote.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fans posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/george-osborne-agrees-exempt-mps-7791202

I'm sure nothing can go wrong by removing measures to prevent government corruption.

quote:

The outspoken MP also dismissed the controversy surrounding Mr Cameron's tax affairs as "slightly ridiculous."

He sniffed at the "small amount of money" Mr Cameron had made out of the deal, saying it was only "enough to buy a Skoda Octavia."

I can't get enough of this guy. "He barely made enough money from tax avoidance to buy a brand new car, how can the average working person begrudge him for that?!?!"

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Jose posted:

no this one is banned for being a massive racist

How racist do you have to be to get banned from the UK of all places?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Great to hear about Corbyn reaching out to the youth vote.

It's still better than how the Tories reach out to youth.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Cerv posted:

Have you considered hiring a butler to do these things for you?

No, but we are looking for an office manager

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's still better than how the Tories reach out to youth.

Cyril Smith was a Liberal/Lib Dem though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pissflaps posted:

You forgot the hashtag.

#notallmonds

And for TinTower's posts:

#coconutlivesmatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Yeah, but it's also 99p for a can, which is 40p cheaper than you usually get Monster for. Ethical shopping only goes so far when you're on a tight budget.

Plus it only mentions AG Barr on the can so I plead plausible deniability.

• Locked thread