Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love old SNES Metroid, in fact it's my favourite game of of all time, and Axiom Verge is slow, boring and has some of the worst bosses I've ever fought.
It's like someone decided that the only thing that could improve the formula was to have no fast movement options for 3/4 of the game and have every enemy take 50 bullets to kill.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will say that as much as I enjoyed AV, the final boss fight is one of the dumbest things I've ever dealt with in a Metroidvania.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dehry posted:

Actually, that's June 10th, 2016 EU, June 7th, 2016 NA

Even better :coffee:

I've resigned that the book will become one of my neglected party members due to terrible design choices.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Axiom Verge trip report:

+ Portable Axiom Verge
- Load times are abysmal

It's a good game, and the Vita port works, but the load times (even between rooms!!!!) are dreadful. Still, everything seems to be as it was on PS4.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There was a follow-up done on the PS Vita Netherlands thing and some more probing revealed virtually all the European Sony websites having a disclaimer that Vita is no longer available from online partners.

http://www.sony.fr/electronics/playstation-systemes/playstation-vita/buy

It still works from the Playstation page but definitely not a good sign.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Apr 20, 2016

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do the psp 3D gta games play on vita? Do they take advantage of both sticks like psp katamari or is the aiming wonky?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escha & Logy is currently £22 (or equivalent) on the EU PSN, plus price only though.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Just FYI, this came through my feed this morning... Amazon's got a Deal of the Day on the Steins;Gate and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood blu-ray sets.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Escha & Logy is currently £22 (or equivalent) on the EU PSN, plus price only though.

Atelier Ayesha Plus is also on sale (and a little cheaper) - which one is better

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I liked them both about the same and Ayesha is first, so. E&L has a much more lax time limit if that bothers you though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How do the psp 3D gta games play on vita? Do they take advantage of both sticks like psp katamari or is the aiming wonky?

The aiming is still weird because there is no setting in the game to map free look to the buttons, IIRC. Been a while since I played tho.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Going to buy yet another Atelier game I'll probably never finish, but maybe this time I'll manage (the time properly, although with each iteration it's becoming more of an afterthought mechanic)!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Szurumbur posted:

Going to buy yet another Atelier game I'll probably never finish, but maybe this time I'll manage (the time properly, although with each iteration it's becoming more of an afterthought mechanic)!

I can't wait for Ayesha to go on sale again in NA so I can make this exact post!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
oinkmoo

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I want atelier Sophie so baaaaaaad

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Persona 4 Golden is probably the ideal Vita game, right? Despite that and me loving the PS2 original I never really got that far in Golden. I wonder why that is.

maybe I just miss old chie too much

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Persona 4 Golden is probably the ideal Vita game, right? Despite that and me loving the PS2 original I never really got that far in Golden. I wonder why that is.

I miss old chie too but we are a very small minority

I also miss Naoto's original voice actor (I don't think she was ever even credited so no one knows who she was) who ditched the games by the time they were up to spinoff #16

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.
This arrived today.

Not sure if I will like it or not yet.
Not really a fan of gigantic breasts. More of a smaller type girl myself.

Of course, it will be a little while as I have to finish SAO:LS first.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

loving tits

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

loving tits

That's one thing you can do with them, sure.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ayukawa posted:

Don't do this.

Also, you'll probably like Mirai, then.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

voltcatfish posted:

Atelier Ayesha Plus is the ideal Vita game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Atelier Ayesha Plus is the ideal Vita game

I've only got the arland trilogy :(

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Takoluka posted:

Don't do this.

Also, you'll probably like Mirai, then.

Ah, very Gokou Ruri looking.
Today is her 20th birthday too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm more surprised that you're forcing yourself through Lost Song. Put it down and returned it after 20 minutes

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm more surprised that you're forcing yourself through Lost Song. Put it down and returned it after 20 minutes

I am actually enjoying SAO:LS.
Using a lot of AsunaXSilicaXLisbeth.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ayukawa posted:

This arrived today.

Welcome to the fold. Look for Mirai and Ryoubi as they both are on the smaller side.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
is senran kagura more shameless than neps

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nepnep is videogame jokes the game, SK is (mostly) giant anime titties the game.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i've never played a SK game but i respect huge, heaving titties and hope everyone else is enjoying them too

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The 3DS ones actually have a decent story, but the Otaku latched on to Yumi (a Verus exclusive character) and of course selling a costume pack for $10-15 a pop makes more money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sad when Shiki is objectively the best Versus Senran

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

Sad when Shiki is objectively the best Versus Senran
This is truth. Even more-so after EV.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the difference is that nep makes marginal improvements across its torrential release schedule

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

So are they selling separate card packs? Or do people have to buy a dozen copies of the game to collect them?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MisterAlex posted:

So are they selling separate card packs? Or do people have to buy a dozen copies of the game to collect them?

One random card pack per ($10 more than digital) Limited edition box.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They latched on to Yumi, because Yumi is the best, and Shiki is okay but her Frantic 5P is a joke. You have a scythe thing, idiot! Don't claw with your hand!

Shiki's localization is also really bad, because they made her speak French when her VA is speaking English, and it's jarring and weird.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

ayukawa? :v:

Holy crap, current bid is up to the price of the whole freakin' game...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Takoluka posted:

Shiki's localization is also really bad, because they made her speak French when her VA is speaking English, and it's jarring and weird.

Hmmm, wonder why they did that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Motto posted:

the difference is that nep makes marginal improvements across its torrential release schedule

Deep Crimson was a significative improvement over Burst and Versus.

Although EV was a stepdown in comparison.

Oh and all the VAs for Uppers recorded small messages on the games' site

http://uppers.marv.jp/sp/special/acter_main.html

Yuu Asakawa's one :allears: