Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Once your done with Hellhammer and CF get the re-releases of Darkthrones early albums with Fenriz commentary. He throws in plenty of well timed Tom Warrior 'OOOHHH's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
The funniest Tom Warrior throwaway line is "Check this out!" in Seduce Me Tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPoyJ9XcSE

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YiHcBbTCZ4

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
My favorite tom g warrior death grunt is at the beginning of procreation (of the wicked)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like all of the "HEY"s in Return to the Eve

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

So, um...there's a new Asphyx song, and it was written as a theme song for Decibel Magazine:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/04/21/fear-emptiness-decibel-20/

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Hulk Krogan posted:

So, um...there's a new Asphyx song, and it was written as a theme song for Decibel Magazine:

I want to hate this. I really do. But I can't.

Long Live Asphyx.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Hulk Krogan posted:

After the music kind of stops and Martin yells "Come on Husky give me that loving double bass" I couldn't make it any farther. The lyrics would fit in an Ayreon song. Too bad Asphyx is becoming a caricature, their earlier stuff is so good and Martin is one of my favorite vocalists ever.

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 22, 2016

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdC_3LR2AI

New Gojira, Album in June

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
The new Aborted album is out and its crushing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCGOyvfzd-U

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

I hate that first riff, but everything else is pretty good.

It feels a little too controlled for me though. The Way of All Flesh to me felt like barely controlled, punishing chaos.

I wouldn't say that this is poo poo, but it's not the Gojira I'm used to. I'll still check out the album but...eh?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I feel like I've been waiting for this forever and I couldn't be happier

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anyone got any burning questions for Barney Greenway? I'm supposed to interview him tonight.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Anyone got any burning questions for Barney Greenway? I'm supposed to interview him tonight.

Boxers or Briefs?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How does he eat his steak?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Do people still give him poo poo about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCXcdwICj8

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Ask whether they just canceled their Blastfest-appearance because of Peste Noire (they did).

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

ElectricWizard posted:

Ask whether they just canceled their Blastfest-appearance because of Peste Noire (they did).

lol

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Ask him if he wants to do the same in 10 years. He is 47 after all.
Edit: Ask him about Prince.

Also, the new Gojira single is garbage. All my favourite bands turn to poo poo (Mastodon, Kvelertak, Gojira ...) :smith:

AstroWhale fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 22, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm really bummed that Kvelertak turned into pure dad rock but I'm still seeing them Saturday. Maybe they'll only play a couple new ones

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

AstroWhale posted:

Also, the new Gojira single is garbage. All my favourite bands turn to poo poo (Mastodon, Kvelertak, Gojira ...) :smith:

Funny what happens when people get older, have kids...

We can't all be Lemmy

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

What's up with Mitch Harris.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AstroWhale posted:

Ask him if he wants to do the same in 10 years. He is 47 after all.
Edit: Ask him about Prince.

Turn to poo poo? :c00lbutt:

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
i legit struggle to understand the appeal of gojira, and i like all sorts of faux-prog metal crap

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gamma Nerd posted:

i legit struggle to understand the appeal of gojira, and i like all sorts of faux-prog metal crap
They're Gorguts to Lamb of God fans

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gojira are a really fun band that satisfies the primal urges I listen to metal for. I know they want to be high-minded but I think of them as turn-your-brain-off music. I don't know how one can't see the appeal of a song like Backbone or Toxic Garbage Island.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

comes along bort posted:

What about him? He got injured a long while ago and I believe it was said that he'd be out for a long period of time. I think it had something to do with his wrist or arm.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Gojira owns but that new single better be the weakest and shortest song on the album or else :stare:

Gojira are a really fun band that satisfies the primal urges I listen to metal for. I know they want to be high-minded but I think of them as turn-your-brain-off music. I don't know how one can't see the appeal of a song like Backbone or Toxic Garbage Island.
I listen to them in the car when I get out of work angry

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

How come nobody in the band was involved in their best album?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

a retard posted:

How come nobody in the band was involved in their best album?

Napalm Death having an almost entirely different band play on Side A and Side B of their debut is one of the funniest bits of band trivia out there imo. They also have the best band family tree outside of Death.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i7qZxICwgQ

I don't give a poo poo how "lame" DragonForce is or how cheesy as gently caress their music is, this song is my poo poo. I just want to turn my brain off and go back to the magic that was high school ca. 2005.

Edit: DragonForce is the mountain that I'm willing to die on.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Everything up to and including Inhuman Rampage is excellent, gently caress the haters

That abortion of an album afterwards though is garbage, haven't heard anything from them since

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

They're Gorguts to Lamb of God fans

it's funny, one of the good bands gojira influenced (nero di marte) are just half and half gojira and ulcerate... but somehow better than both of those

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Gamma Nerd posted:

it's funny, one of the good bands gojira influenced (nero di marte) are just half and half gojira and ulcerate... but somehow better than both of those

It also helps that Nero di Marte absolutely kills it live. I was really impressed with them when they came to town with Gorguts and Origin.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Conversely I don't see how someone can't see the appeal of Flying Whales/all of From Mars to Sirius.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

comes along bort posted:

He was pretty vague about it and seems a bit tired of being asked because Mitch is the only one who can really answer.

Anyway, he's a super friendly guy. I will post the interview when it goes up, probably tomorrow

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Their drummer is great (Gojira). Not to fast or technical but defiantly up there in terms of versatility.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Anyway, he's a super friendly guy. I will post the interview when it goes up, probably tomorrow

Yeah, Barney's awesome. I interviewed him almost three years ago now (holy poo poo, how time flies) and I'm glad he put up with me since I was sort of drunk at the time because the tour manager kept switching around the times then settled it on being after their set late at night, so I thought I had time to sober up, then the loving guy calls me in the middle of the show and is like "can we do it now?" I'm not going to say no, so I just showed up and I think I was a bit obnoxious, but he rolled with it hard and I made him laugh a few times. Got a nice picture with him too that my girlfriend got framed for me. Good times.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the new gojira tune would be coole riwthout the whammy in the main riff imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Kumbamontu posted:

Everything up to and including Inhuman Rampage is excellent, gently caress the haters

That abortion of an album afterwards though is garbage, haven't heard anything from them since

Have to disagree and say Ultra Beatdown is a p good album. Basically anything with ZP Theart is good in my book. Didn't care much for the new vocalist.