Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We must form a conga line of protection around VideoGames and Rock! Truly the one cause that can bring Goon and PL shitposters together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

I love the smell of Catnip in the morning....Smells like Victory.

Orions Lord posted:

Call us and you will have a force protecting you that will your enemy's run like little scared girls.

Exactly this :black101:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I'll move my bump Machariel over since Boney rejected my reapp to miniluv after being purged a while back. Also we clearly need a compression array and a refinery.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 20, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Siets posted:

We must form a conga line of protection around VideoGames and Rock! Truly the one cause that can bring Goon and PL shitposters together.

Also, please tell me this isn't real. (Trigger Warning: Reddit, Wall of Text)

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Xolve posted:

goons were always sensitive on spys, i.e. reps on cain

vov

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Xolve posted:

They thought they had a war now they have a war...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Xolve posted:

The Soviet bureaucracy is real.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I don't get it. Is the tl;dr "admits that he looks exactly like a spy; upset that he is called a spy"?

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

If he truely is back it will be interesting to see how the political structure of Goons changes. Will Mittens stay in charge and he will try and change things from the background, will he replace Mittens, or will we see goon civil war as he starts another corp/alliance of goons loyal to him?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

CommonShore posted:

I don't get it. Is the tl;dr "admits that he looks exactly like a spy; upset that he is called a spy"?

Well, there's one aspect of that wall of text that really should jump out at you, and it isn't the spy-like appearance of the writer.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CommonShore posted:

I think the more adequate tl;dr is 'looks like spy, asked to provide physical home address, facebook and phone number to prove otherwise'.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I think the more adequate tl;dr is 'looks like spy, asked to provide physical home address, facebook and phone number to prove otherwise'.

it looks like he volunteered those of his own volition in a desperate bid to prove he wasn't a spy

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr
i might be mistaken here but don't prospective diplomats have to volunteer social network information in order to get vetted

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Xolve posted:

Aka 'prove to me you're a real human being and not some fake gmail address created 5 minutes ago to slip a spy into CFC'. CD apps have to provide most of that info, for example - if you have a FB page that has nothing but two random pics posted yesterday, no, sorry PL spy, you're not getting into CD.

Some people don't feel comfortable with giving digi RL info. They don't get to be in CD, which is hardly much of a punishment. I had to give, I think:
- RL name
- RL primary email
- Facebook account (which exposes my love of prog rock via my 'friends' list, eek)
- Twitter handle (I have one but almost never use it).

And about 5 minutes later was told 'yeah you pass'.

I'm pretty sure you could get most of the above info in 5 minutes from Google anyhow, except I'm not the Scottish playwright of the same RL name.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait you have to show your personal social media page for a space diplomat job in a video game? lmao

Blawrf posted:

i might be mistaken here but don't prospective diplomats have to volunteer social network information in order to get vetted

If you stop being a diplomat for an internet spaceship guild, do other diplomats then get to make a Facebook post chastising the choice, and unfriend you?

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wait you have to show your personal social media page for a space diplomat job in a video game? lmao

If you stop being a diplomat for an internet spaceship guild, do other diplomats then get to make a Facebook post chastising the choice, and unfriend you?

dunno but with the advent of the new six facebook reactions they have a wealth of choice with which to respond to your betrayal

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

I think they just go "aight" and assign another diplomat and then co2 get butt hurt about it and whine that the new diplomat isn't an expert on their alliance.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Altran posted:

goons were always sensitive on spys, i.e. reps on cain

vov

Then CO2 flips side, with everyone down to the last line member being in on it and the "black hand" is standing there like Yoda in the Star Wars prequels.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

It answers the question 'are you a parachute spy account' pretty quickly, no?

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
I always see comments about svipuls but never about any of the other tactical destroyers. Are they just the most used because of the 10% bonus to Small Projectile Turret optimal range per skill level thing? Aside from that I don't see much difference between it and say, the Confessor, other than the different defense mode bonuses.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Hole Squad sounds fun but I don't have an alt to use for it nor do I have a good way to make money to fund ships for it :(

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drythe posted:

Hole Squad sounds fun but I don't have an alt to use for it nor do I have a good way to make money to fund ships for it :(

Were attempting to fix that right now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So should I try to join then or continue with the war front?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rust Martialis posted:

Aka 'prove to me you're a real human being and not some fake gmail address created 5 minutes ago to slip a spy into CFC'. CD apps have to provide most of that info, for example - if you have a FB page that has nothing but two random pics posted yesterday, no, sorry PL spy, you're not getting into CD.

Some people don't feel comfortable with giving digi RL info. They don't get to be in CD, which is hardly much of a punishment. I had to give, I think:
- RL name
- RL primary email
- Facebook account (which exposes my love of prog rock via my 'friends' list, eek)

I'm pretty sure you could get most of the above info in 5 minutes from Google anyhow, except I'm not the Scottish playwright of the same RL name.

To play a video game.

Oh boy isn't that reasonable. :v:

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
I just want someplace I can run around, learn new things about the game, and train up the skills I need to fly cooler ships while actually doing something fun. I've spent the last 3 days in Saranen in my little t1 frigate because that's all I have out there. Haven't done a single op because it's all stealth bomber fleets and or the fleet left hours before I got on so I just float around in space hoping to break my tackle cherry and get a kill mail.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

- RL name
- RL primary email

Yeah, no thanks.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

Fureil posted:

I just want someplace I can run around, learn new things about the game, and train up the skills I need to fly cooler ships while actually doing something fun. I've spent the last 3 days in Saranen in my little t1 frigate because that's all I have out there. Haven't done a single op because it's all stealth bomber fleets and or the fleet left hours before I got on so I just float around in space hoping to break my tackle cherry and get a kill mail.

I'm sure any Caracal fleets would be happy to have you as tackle, what time zone do you play in?

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

ApocalypseMeow posted:

I'm sure any Caracal fleets would be happy to have you as tackle, what time zone do you play in?

I'm in central US. I just seem to get unlucky in that the Caracal fleets either leave before I get on or they are just station camping for enemies to undock and stuff is locked and dead before I can even get a lock if it comes out of the station.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rust Martialis posted:

- RL name
- RL primary email

This was not my experience.

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Fureil posted:

This is exactly what I want to do too!! Once I finish with this reauthing process

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Xolve posted:

wow didn't expect you to be as illiterate as the rest of the morons replying to that thread, but I guess they rub off on you.

volunteered: verb; freely offer to do something.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

DARPA posted:

wow didn't expect you to be as illiterate as the rest of the morons replying to that thread, but I guess they rub off on you.

volunteered: verb; freely offer to do something.

Nothing quite like having your literacy questioned first thing in the morning (on an internet forum no less).

I just asked if this was a thing, but I mean if you're comfortable with it and all- I feel that says more about you than me. Just my opinion of course.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

To play a video game.

Oh boy isn't that reasonable. :v:
What's the alternative? One betrayal and we're already losing every capital coming off the assembly line.

It's not like the line members have to go through it either. If you want to play at the sperglord level you play by the sperglord rules.

InternetJunky fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 20, 2016

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rust Martialis posted:

- RL name
- RL primary email

Nah I'll pass.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

- RL name
- RL primary email

Goonfleet 2016

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Please. We have been doing this kind of meta game poo poo since 2007.

ApocalypseMeow
Mar 4, 2008

Fureil posted:

I'm in central US. I just seem to get unlucky in that the Caracal fleets either leave before I get on or they are just station camping for enemies to undock and stuff is locked and dead before I can even get a lock if it comes out of the station.

I'm in EUTZ but if we're ever on at the same time we could fleet up and I'll show you how to be bad at the game, IG name is Apoc Meow

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

InternetJunky posted:

What's the alternative? One betrayal and we're already losing ever capital coming off the assembly line.

It's not like the line members have to go through it either. If you want to play at the sperglord level you play by the sperglord rules.

"What's the alternative?" implying this is a normal practice? Because it isn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination. :neckbeard: The alternative would be doing what virtually every other alliance does and not give your RL information to a guy in a video game to play spaceships. Full API? Fine. Giving you more personal information than I give my dry cleaner? Yeah, no.

Are you really going to make this your hill to die on? Because it's a stupid, indefensible hill.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

"What's the alternative?" implying this is a normal practice? Because it isn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination. :neckbeard: The alternative would be doing what virtually every other alliance does and not give your RL information to a guy in a video game to play spaceships. Full API? Fine. Giving you more personal information than I give my dry cleaner? Yeah, no.

Are you really going to make this your hill to die on? Because it's a stupid, indefensible hill.
This has been my first comment about the practice, so I'm not making any hills here...

I just don't really understand the rage about this. It's all voluntary. It's spergy as gently caress and I wouldn't submit to it, but obviously others will and have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4firun/gripes_from_inside_the_imperium/

quote:

Since I was in leadership in my corporation as well as a super capital FC I needed to get unblacklisted. So I did what I had to, and volunteered my Facebook, Home Address, and phone number to the GSF counter intel group to prove I was not a spy. Which seemed a tad excessive.

What's wrong with you guys

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread