Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

paranoid randroid posted:

jagganoths secret is that EVERY MORNING I OPEN PALM SLAM A FIRED CLAY TABLET TO THE GROUND. IT'S AESMA AND THE THREE MASTERS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES NEXT TO THE MAIN CHARACTER, PREE AESMA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN THE UNIVERSAL ART OF VIOLENCE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE SEEN THE SHAPE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE (it is somewhat wheel-shaped). I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO THE OTHER DEMIURGES AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE DEMIURGES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY 111,111 WORLDS LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm able to believe that's the canonical explanation.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
incidentally im enjoying Mottom being characterized as an incredibly powerful, decadent being who does not want to upset the whole applecart and instigate a billion years of terrible war just so she can be Queen poo poo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
New page.

Young Solomon David :vince:

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 20, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think that's the first good look at Mammon we've got; every other one was silhouetted or from behind or the side.

Also, when did Solomon David decide to shave, I wonder? He's got a good head of hair here, but in another flashback or two we've seen he had neither hair nor a beard, and then there was him with that fairly rectangular beard that one time.

Anyway, huh. That is not what I was expecting, either as Jagganoth's motivation nor for Mottom's demeanor here. She looks almost... Sympathetic? Sad?

Either way, now the question is what she wants from Allison. Does she think that they can somehow stop Jagganoth, or is she just confiding in someone for once? She probably has some plan here here.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

metatron lives

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Roland Jones posted:

Anyway, huh. That is not what I was expecting, either as Jagganoth's motivation nor for Mottom's demeanor here. She looks almost... Sympathetic? Sad?
Yeah, although it didn't seem to make sense at the time, I thought during her introduction she was worried about Zoss coming back when it must have been Jagganoth instead.

Maybe she and Allison will be in cahoots? I'm hoping for no other reason than to see Ciocie's reaction to it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mottom is monologuing

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Roland Jones posted:

Pretty sure that's "worry."

Is Mottom one of the Good Guys?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

one of the Less Bad, Probably Still Not Trustworthy in the Least, Definitely Inscrutable Guys.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

atomicthumbs posted:

Pyran Sor would probably say "no", were he capable of speech now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not wanting the multiverse to end doesn't exactly counterbalance out the horrifying colonialist subjugation and consumption of worlds

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Tollymain posted:

not wanting the multiverse to end doesn't exactly counterbalance out the horrifying colonialist subjugation and consumption of worlds

The enemy of my enemy is the guy I want to kill last.

theshim
May 1, 2012

After reading this page, I like my last post even more :getin:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jagganoth got the 30 iron feathers AND a personal trainer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

Pyran Sor would probably say "no", were he capable of speech now.

A single fruit falls from the screaming tree. The soft plop of its landing alerts an acolyte, who takes the perfect fruit in her hand, and with a single stroke of her knife, cuts it in half. The seeds, in the language of a now-dead world, can be seen to spell out "Seriously, gently caress Mottom."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It's interesting, she's utterly evil and deserves no sympathy in any regard, but Mottom really does look rather piteous in the last panel.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's interesting, she's utterly evil and deserves no sympathy in any regard, but Mottom really does look rather piteous in the last panel.

She doesn't want the multiverse to be destroyed. She lives there!

Also Solomon David is wearing a dog because gently caress you.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tollymain posted:

what is "good"

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Consider: there is no such thing as a good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I imagine this iron feather business was an earlier ploy by the Thorns to end the universe before Michael convinced them the successor prophecy was a safer bet. To me, it seems like Jagganoth is severely depressed and just wants to take the multiverse with him when he goes because he's realized the only thing he's ever been good at is destroying things. As Abaddon previously said, the Seven are monsters, but tragic and pitiable.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

SunAndSpring posted:

I imagine this iron feather business was an earlier ploy by the Thorns to end the universe before Michael convinced them the successor prophecy was a safer bet. To me, it seems like Jagganoth is severely depressed and just wants to take the multiverse with him when he goes because he's realized the only thing he's ever been good at is destroying things. As Abaddon previously said, the Seven are monsters, but tragic and pitiable.

Metatron just kinda asked Jag if he could erase the universe real quick and Jag was like "ok but it's gonna take me a while" and Metatron was like "ugh nevermind then" but Jag is still working on it and he hopes to have the surprise ready by Metatron's birthday

atomicthumbs posted:

I would hope that no character who has either committed, is still committing, or is planning to commit large scale galactic genocide would count as a Good Guy!! Or at least not unless they feel kinda bad about it!!!

e: Auntie Maya has definitely committed galactic genocide and probably feels bad about it btw

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 20, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm wondering what the hell Zaid did before he got abducted and how disappointed that will make whoever thinks he's the successor. Can it be more embarrassing than being a Starbucks barista?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm wondering what the hell Zaid did before he got abducted and how disappointed that will make whoever thinks he's the successor. Can it be more embarrassing than being a Starbucks barista?

Well, we've established that he's a massive creep, if nothing else.

Also, on my earlier post re: Solomon David's hair, apparently him being completely shaved was the pre-war picture. He just grew his hair out during the war is the actual, official explanation for his appearance in this comic.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SexyBlindfold posted:

Metatron just kinda asked Jag if he could erase the universe real quick and Jag was like "ok but it's gonna take me a while" and Metatron was like "ugh nevermind then" but Jag is still working on it and he hopes to have the surprise ready by Metatron's birthday

I would hope that no character who has either committed, is still committing, or is planning to commit large scale galactic genocide would count as a Good Guy!! Or at least not unless they feel kinda bad about it!!!

e: Auntie Maya has definitely committed galactic genocide and probably feels bad about it btw

Well, you have to treat "good guy" as a relative term. Sure, Auntie Maya has done some bad things in her time, but she's not trying to destroy the universe.

I'm wondering if Jagganoth was contacted by the Thorns or some third, as yet unknown faction of angels. On the one hand, iron feathers definitely sounds up 6 Juggernaut Star's alley. But on the other, none of the thorns actually have wings anymore, and Jagganoth himself was angry about them showing up in his worlds. So if he is working for the thrones, he doesn't know it, or they had a falling out at some point.

I guess it could be that he's working not for the thorns, but rather Metatron directly.

I like that the only time we've seen Jagganoth come close to smiling is that panel where he's working on his upgraded elephant helmet :3:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

It doesn't matter to the Thorns who the new Conquering King is, only that they control them.

Oxxidation posted:

She doesn't want the multiverse to be destroyed. She lives there!

Also Solomon David is wearing a dog because gently caress you.

Who's she gonna enslave if there's no more anything?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Mottom's motivation is simple: you can't stuff your face with a large, empty void.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

I'm wondering if Jagganoth was contacted by the Thorns or some third, as yet unknown faction of angels. On the one hand, iron feathers definitely sounds up 6 Juggernaut Star's alley. But on the other, none of the thorns actually have wings anymore, and Jagganoth himself was angry about them showing up in his worlds. So if he is working for the thrones, he doesn't know it, or they had a falling out at some point.

I guess it could be that he's working not for the thorns, but rather Metatron directly.

Remember, Metatron's original plan was to scour the multiverse of man, but he's since changed his mind and would prefer to control the successor. So back when genocide was his plan, he entered the mind of Jagganoth and turned him into his pawn for that purpose; but now, it's too late to stop him and they're working at cross-purposes.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 20, 2016

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Roland Jones posted:

Also, on my earlier post re: Solomon David's hair, apparently him being completely shaved was the pre-war picture. He just grew his hair out during the war is the actual, official explanation for his appearance in this comic.

Oh my goodness, it's a playoff beard.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if, given the apparently inevitability of Jagganoth destroying them all, if there's been any attempt by the other six to make a new pact and take him out now. I mean, if the writing is that obviously on the wall...

theshim
May 1, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Remember, Metatron's original plan was to scour the multiverse of man, but he's since changed his mind and would prefer to control the successor. So back when genocide was his plan, he entered the mind of Jagganoth and turned him into his pawn for that purpose; but now, it's too late to stop him and they're working at cross-purposes.
Honestly, I'm not sure it was Metatron who spoke to Jagganoth. I mean, Metatron's deal was returning the multiverse to a pure state, before man came into the picture, but Jagganoth's goal (according to what we just heard) is utter annihilation.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if, given the apparently inevitability of Jagganoth destroying them all, if there's been any attempt by the other six to make a new pact and take him out now. I mean, if the writing is that obviously on the wall...

Possibly but well, in the middle of a fight at the peak of your limits it'd be easy to get backstabbed so either it fell down because of that or never happened because of that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MikeJF posted:

Or possibly Metatron's plan hasn't changed at all. 2 Michael believes that Metatron has decided against "purifying" the universe in favor of controlling it, but perhaps Michael is simply being played.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 20, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

in what sense was Jagganoth being played

he knows he's on a holy mission to unmake the universe

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
In regard to Mottom, let me quote the immortal words of Ashley J. Williams, S-Mart, Housewares:

"It's a trick, get an axe."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

in what sense was Jagganoth being played

he knows he's on a holy mission to unmake the universe

You're right. Metatron may be using Jagganoth, but there's no deception.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
eagerly awaiting the training montage where Mottom makes Allison carry her around in a papoose and magically lift an x-wing out of the swamp

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

I suspect they're all more or less sitting on their hands side-eyeing each other and hoping it just somehow doesn't come to that, since then there would probably be another tiresome war over dividing up Mr. J's territory. Not to mention that in order to team up against him they would have to do things like "work together" and "trust each other" which are concepts that cannot be expressed in many languages throughout Creation. Most likely they hope that when push comes to shove, J will wear himself down taking out one or two other Demiurges and then they can swoop in for the kill.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
I believe that all of the Demis, at least once, believed they WERE the heroes, and it is likely that Mottom's very own decrepit appearance, spite for the other six("You still think your the HERO Solomon?), and fatalistic attitude("Just waiting for HIM to stick his sword in your belly") due to her realizing they were fooling themselves at best, with what years and years of gorging on power and twisted rational for its consolidation.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Driving nails into your flesh is some sort of metaphor for injecting steroids.