Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

It's Liberal_l33t dude. He thinks every Muslim is a fundamentalist. Like Dawkins level paranoid delusion.

Hence why I asked to see the data. I doubt it exists but I'm happy to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://store.steampowered.com/app/448370/

I think this game is perfect fit for this thread.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Puistokemisti posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448370/

I think this game is perfect fit for this thread.

Well it does seem repetitive so I see your point. The gameplay seem to be much like those shooters at the arcade where you just aim with a fake gun at the screen and never control any movement, I see great potential here!

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Zudgemud posted:

Her claimed intent was to describe the event from the point of Swedish muslims. The full quote is "he has been the president for young muslims (an organization) during difficult situations such as those around the 11 september accidents". The whole comment is about the ties of a (now former) miniser from her party, to Turkish extreme right and Islamist organizations.

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the intent, but that she is just bad with politically appropriate phrasing, she has had a number of these issues in the press over the years.

Too bad the Scandipol thread got gassed, cause otherwise I would be :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: all over it.

That Kaplan had to go sooner or later was clear from the start of his time as minister. His shady connections with a lot of the more orthodox/islamist element have been known for a long time, but Swedish media have ignored it because of fear of accusations of islamophobia. Kaplan have been a smart dude though and have stayed away from too obvious things, until now that is.

And just too be clear, there are 3 more muslims among the ministers, Hadzialic, Shekarabi and Baylan(?) without any of the connections, but they are also social democrats and more likely to be properly vetted. Shekarabi is shady in other ways, but in a traditional political fashion (manipulating member stats in the youth organisation).

The Green party is obviously suffering from entryism by islamist organisations, that proclaim themselves to be spokespersons for all muslims. Apparently the Green party is also on the verge of electing a dude, who refuses to shake women hands due to religious faith, to the party steering committee. It is kinda ironic with the Green party, who consists of former left wing radicals, that they don't understand the concept of entryism. It is like they haven't learned anything from history.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Cardiac posted:

Too bad the Scandipol thread got gassed, cause otherwise I would be :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: all over it.

That Kaplan had to go sooner or later was clear from the start of his time as minister. His shady connections with a lot of the more orthodox/islamist element have been known for a long time, but Swedish media have ignored it because of fear of accusations of islamophobia. Kaplan have been a smart dude though and have stayed away from too obvious things, until now that is.

And just too be clear, there are 3 more muslims among the ministers, Hadzialic, Shekarabi and Baylan(?) without any of the connections, but they are also social democrats and more likely to be properly vetted. Shekarabi is shady in other ways, but in a traditional political fashion (manipulating member stats in the youth organisation).

The Green party is obviously suffering from entryism by islamist organisations, that proclaim themselves to be spokespersons for all muslims. Apparently the Green party is also on the verge of electing a dude, who refuses to shake women hands due to religious faith, to the party steering committee. It is kinda ironic with the Green party, who consists of former left wing radicals, that they don't understand the concept of entryism. It is like they haven't learned anything from history.

And for those that do not know, the greens are in a ruling coalition with the social democrats. The vice prime minister is from the greens. And one of their few ministers, one who has not actually been that terrible at his job, was shown attending a dinner which was also attended by noted turkish extreme right group gray wolves and some turkish hardcore islamic right wing group. On top of this, another guy present at the event and shown talking to the former minister was the leader of a movement/society for swedish turks, a guy who only days before this minister scandal was in the papers for calling armenians subhuman dogs that should be killed. In short the swedish greens have a serious case of dumb rookie syndrome in regards to actually ruling, something that has been shown consistently since the last election.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Zudgemud posted:

And for those that do not know, the greens are in a ruling coalition with the social democrats. The vice prime minister is from the greens. And one of their few ministers, one who has not actually been that terrible at his job, was shown attending a dinner which was also attended by noted turkish extreme right group gray wolves and some turkish hardcore islamic right wing group. On top of this, another guy present at the event and shown talking to the former minister was the leader of a movement/society for swedish turks, a guy who only days before this minister scandal was in the papers for calling armenians subhuman dogs that should be killed. In short the swedish greens have a serious case of dumb rookie syndrome in regards to actually ruling, something that has been shown consistently since the last election.

Calling it "dumb rookie syndrome" doesn't sound right, when one of your ministers compared Swedes fighting for the IS to Swedes that volunteered to defend Finland against Soviet occupation in the Winter War, who compared Israel's treatment of Palestinians to the treatment of Jews by Nazi Germany and who seems to have close ties to not only the AKP but also to various extremist Islamist groups.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cardiac posted:

Green being the traditional color of Islam is clearly useful camouflage.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Calling it "dumb rookie syndrome" doesn't sound right, when one of your ministers compared Swedes fighting for the IS to Swedes that volunteered to defend Finland against Soviet occupation in the Winter War, who compared Israel's treatment of Palestinians to the treatment of Jews by Nazi Germany and who seems to have close ties to not only the AKP but also to various extremist Islamist groups.

The party is the dumb rookie, not the minister who was certainly not ministerial material. The greens party simply keeps shooting themselves in the foot just to reload, cock the hammer and vigorously shoot themselves in the other foot. They are a party built on idealism that work great as an opposition party or a minor coalition member, but they can't seem to adjust to the political pragmatism that is required for actually ruling (such as carefully vetting one of their few ministers and just suck it up that your preferred candidate for the position has some rather unpalatable baggage that are likely to come back and haunt the party).

Zudgemud fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 20, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A lot of Green Parties seem to be that way - and frequently have a large collection of moonbats spouting anti-science nonsense.

GMO and nuclear power come to mind.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

A lot of Green Parties seem to be that way - and frequently have a large collection of moonbats spouting anti-science nonsense.

GMO and nuclear power come to mind.

Might have something to do with many of them being in formed in the literal wake of Chernobyl, just perhaps. Also, the founders were largely what I can only describe as anti-globalisation hippies.

Well ours did at least. :sweden:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The British Greens predate Chernobyl but have the same distrust. I once watched their party conference debate nuclear a few years back and it had people in their 60s and 70s screaming like children when the guy tried to suggest looking at the safety/lower waste output of new-generation reactors.

He basically had to wait every few sentences for the shouting to die down.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Cardiac posted:

Baylan is some sort of Syriac/Assyrian/Chaldean/Christian-whatever.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Greens tend to go far in their distrust, but I would absolutely prefer if everything went into developing renewables instead of nuclear power.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I can at least understand why Greens are against nuclear power to some degree, but why do they recruit people that seem to be radical Muslims? I don't see the policy overlap there.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

I can at least understand why Greens are against nuclear power to some degree, but why do they recruit people that seem to be radical Muslims? I don't see the policy overlap there.

Presumably it's an actual case of 'anti-racism' going too far and them allowing harmful opinions in because they patronisingly believe that as a Muslim they can't help it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The Finnish green party, back when it was starting up in the 80s, featured such notable intellectuals like Pentti Linkola, who is known for advocating human genocide on a large scale, and having a spirited argument in a Finnish popular science magazine where he explained to a doubting Thomas that the Shoah was a profoundly ecological deed.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Linkola was never member of the Green Party.
He was part of the Koijärvi-movement and some proto-green organizations, but was too radi cool for the party.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I thought he was involved in forming whatever it originally was, but left doors banging when the party that was formed wasn't genocidey enough for him? Apologies if I associated the Greens with him erroneously.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rappaport posted:

I thought he was involved in forming whatever it originally was, but left doors banging when the party that was formed wasn't genocidey enough for him? Apologies if I associated the Greens with him erroneously.

He's just a loon, nobody in the green movement ever took him seriously on any level. His only relevance was and remains as a cudgel for right wingers to beat the greens with.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Define involved. He hung around the people who started the party and had lots of opinions about environmentalism, but he was never in the party so he couldn't leave it either.

YF-23 posted:

Greens tend to go far in their distrust, but I would absolutely prefer if everything went into developing renewables instead of nuclear power.

Why not fusion instead?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

^e; Fusion might be cool, but I don't know how safe it is in case of total failure. If it's completely safe then yeah all for it, but even so it's still a much more experimental technology that would have to get off the ground floor, with renewables there's a bigger practical base to work on. I'm also going to go ahead and say the installation of a fusion reactor is probably much more expensive than that of renewables.

Now I'm curious as to how many suicides can be attributed to ecological sensitivities. Whenever I've heard about stuff like the voluntary human extinction project the pro-extinction advocates had all been alive and well.

YF-23 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 20, 2016

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Courts have ruled Anders Breivik to get updated games consoles.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/20/anders-behring-breiviks-human-rights-violated-in-prison-norway-court-rules

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

YF-23 posted:

Renewables is good, when it's not a disguise for coal. Germany is really bad at this. They figure that since trees can grow, then turning wood into charcoal and then burning it is the same as using renewable energy, right? Between that and mined coal (which is mined with gigantic bucket-wheel excavators that destroy old forests, arable lands, and entire villages as they roam around devouring the entire country like the Nothing from the Neverending Story), Germany is objectively much worse off environmentally than if they had went for full-on nuclear power.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

doverhog posted:

Why not fusion instead?

That's like asking why more money isn't spent on mars colonization.

Cat Mattress posted:

Renewables is good, when it's not a disguise for coal. Germany is really bad at this. They figure that since trees can grow, then turning wood into charcoal and then burning it is the same as using renewable energy, right? Between that and mined coal (which is mined with gigantic bucket-wheel excavators that destroy old forests, arable lands, and entire villages as they roam around devouring the entire country like the Nothing from the Neverending Story), Germany is objectively much worse off environmentally than if they had went for full-on nuclear power.

Not to mention the political implications it has already had for the EU in international politics. loving natural gas and Ukraine.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I support the death penalty.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Xoidanor posted:

That's like asking why more money isn't spent on mars colonization.

Good point, think we should do that also.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

You will be happy to know that my definition of "renewables" is not, in fact, stupid, and the complete opposite of what it is supposed to be.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

YF-23 posted:

^e; Fusion might be cool, but I don't know how safe it is in case of total failure. If it's completely safe then yeah all for it, but even so it's still a much more experimental technology that would have to get off the ground floor, with renewables there's a bigger practical base to work on. I'm also going to go ahead and say the installation of a fusion reactor is probably much more expensive than that of renewables.

The only ways for a fusion reactor to fail involve some combination of losing sufficient temperature, pressure or feed of material to sustain a reaction. A fusion reactor is much less like a hydrogen bomb being kept at just below the bomb part than fission piles, and even those are pretty drat secure nowadays.

You always get contaminated material as waste, so there is that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Actually from what I understand it's just the solitary confinement that's the violation. I don't think they're under any obligation to let him upgrade from only being allowed to play Herdy Gerdy and Crash Bandicoot*.

*I do not know what games he's allowed, just that he whined about only having a PS2 with no shooting games, the giant baby

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
If he likes video games, then forcing him to play the same old single player games for 20 years or for the rest of his life sounds like the most fitting punishment.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Lock the fucker in a cell and only give him Sonic 06 to play.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Lock the fucker in a cell and only give him Sonic 06 to play.

Breivik is a mass murderer, but that doesn't mean that wishing crimes against humanity on him is OK.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

YF-23 posted:

You will be happy to know that my definition of "renewables" is not, in fact, stupid, and the complete opposite of what it is supposed to be.

It is, however, the only definition of renewables that's practical to implement if you also insist on having zero nuclear. Besides rolling out excessive amounts of hydro (destroying all the river habitats) and biomass burning (destroying all the other habitats with land use), that is.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

blowfish posted:

It is, however, the only definition of renewables that's practical to implement if you also insist on having zero nuclear. Besides rolling out excessive amounts of hydro (destroying all the river habitats) and biomass burning (destroying all the other habitats with land use), that is.

Solar Farms.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Baxta posted:

Solar Farms.

Kinda hard to do in Germany.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

That doesn't seem to stop them though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

computer parts posted:

According to this document https://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/en/pu...-in-germany.pdf current research suggests that solar energy could make up 10% of total generation by 2020 and 30% by 2050, assuming good market conditions. That seems pretty significant if true.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

steinrokkan posted:

According to this document https://www.ise.fraunhofer.de/en/pu...-in-germany.pdf current research suggests that solar energy could make up 10% of total generation by 2020 and 30% by 2050, assuming good market conditions. That seems pretty significant if true.

Thats also conservative because it doesn't take into account future technology improvements.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

While sunlight is certainly less intense you have gains in efficiency due to shorter distribution networks (many solar panels being directly on site), longer days and lower ambient temperature, so the loss in efficiency is not as horribly great as one might think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Zudgemud posted:

While sunlight is certainly less intense you have gains in efficiency due to shorter distribution networks (many solar panels being directly on site), longer days and lower ambient temperature, so the loss in efficiency is not as horribly great as one might think.

The same gains in efficiency can be made anywhere else, and transmission losses are not that high anyway.

mobby_6kl posted:

That doesn't seem to stop them though.

That's also why our CO2 emissions have all but stopped dropping.

steinrokkan posted:

Then add another like 10-20% wind and another like 10% for hydro and biomass and random extra stuff, and we're at maybe 50-60% electricity produced by renewables. Gee, I wonder whether having maybe 20-40% nuke in the mix would help. Also something something electric cars.