Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

If All Might really ends up kicking the bucket I could see Bakugou temporary going the villain's route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He loving hates villains, though. In Bakugou's mind, heroes are cool and strong while villains are pathetic losers. He has never been an underdog and the very idea makes him even angrier than usual.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Bakugou rating system:
1/10 = Not blowing people up, not calling them fuckers
5/10 = Blowing people up
5/10 = Calling people fuckers
10/10 = Blowing people up, calling them fuckers.

As you can see the 10 point scale was a poor fit for this rating system but we're stuck with it for now so let's just make the best of it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Who will be his Bulma?

Ochako probably. I felt some sparks during that match during the tournament.

Deku can end up dating Yaoyorozu, because Yaoyorozu gives me vague Chichi vibes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Bakugou really is an unambiguously good piece of poo poo and everyone's just kind of accepted that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ochaco is dating Deku and Tsuyu, please find someone else

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Blockhouse posted:

Bakugou really is an unambiguously good piece of poo poo and everyone's just kind of accepted that.

Yeah, he's like Endeavor in that he's a reprehensible piece of poo poo but unwaveringly on the side of good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, he's like Endeavor in that he's a reprehensible piece of poo poo but unwaveringly on the side of good.
Bakugo isn't quite up to wife-beating, child-beating, and eugenicist yet.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah comparing him to endeavor is pretty harsh, he's just a shithead not total scum

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think i'd say Endeavour is unwaveringly on the side of good. Like at all.

Maybe the same with Bakugou too. He did get so mad once that he attacked someone with lethal force. It wasn't really a conscious decision, but still not a great move.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I wouldn't put it past Endeavor to throw One for All under the bus if it meant getting to be number one.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Right now Deku/Bakugou are shaping up to replicate the All Might/Endeavor dynamic in the next generation.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He also bullied Deku for years to the point of goading him to commit suicide even if he wasn't 100% serious in that. He's certainly not Endeavor bad but I think he would get there if he doesn't get better tutelage of his lovely personality. At least at Yuuei he's no longer a big fish in a small pond so he doesn't get his behavior excused so much and has to actually deal with people that are his equal.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Yeah, Bakugou is a gigantic flaming exploding rear end in a top hat, and I hope he never reaches Endeavor status. He needs to get kicked around a couple more times by his peers and be saved by them a few more than that, then hopefully he'll be less of a shithead.

Also, I can't really see anyone pairing off as of yet. Deku / Ochaco seems too obvious, but then again this IS a shounen fighting comic so who knows.

Deku/Tsuyu would be the beeeeest.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Deku x Bakugou, all the rear end in a top hat behavior was because he's a terminal tsundere :v:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ochako x Tsuyu

Todoroki (or perhaps Jirou) x Yaoyorozu

Deku x His All Might body pillow (or maybe Mei)

Bakugou x Crushing Loneliness

Edit: Mineta x A restraining order

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 20, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ojiro x Hagakure

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I could definitely see Todoroki x Yaoyorozu.

And Mineta x Restraining Order

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Who matches with I Cannot Stop Twinking?

Mineta x Yaoyorozu is something I could see happening simply because media in general likes to stick the loser guy with the impossibly attractive woman (who may also find him initially repulsive) consistently.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 20, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

Dark Mist.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Not bad.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Radish posted:

:frog:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How do you know that wasn't intentional???

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Doesn't matter if it was or wasn't. The mere fact it was there is...

:frogon:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Radish posted:

A mirror/clone

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I Cannot Stop Twinking is Gadget Girl's name as she's constantly creating optimal gear.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Roland Jones posted:

Mineta x A restraining order

Same man, same.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Just read through this for the first time on monday, and I love it.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but I wanna know people's thoughts RE: Missing Cat Girl

Traitor? or Noumu?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Just read through this for the first time on monday, and I love it.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but I wanna know people's thoughts RE: Missing Cat Girl

Traitor? or Noumu?

In big cat-guy's arms in the most recent chapter.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
wow look at me being stupid and unobservant

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She may or may not still have her quirk, though. Noumus have both a base body and extra quirks added in.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
On that topic, her radar quirk would be very useful in the hands of the villains; with the right power combination All For One or one of his minions could probably do something that's effectively unanswerable or at least comes out of nowhere, like a targeted alpha strike on the heroes. That may be how he answers this; a long-ranged attack quirk or something would be really nasty when combined with the ability to monitor up to one hundred people and locate their weak points from a distance.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
But he can only put it in a relatively mindless noumu, right? Wouldn't that hamper it's effectiveness?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Kill all these targets" is a pretty simple command (and not everyone granted a power necessarily becomes mindless), but besides that, he takes the quirks for himself before he gives them to other people and such. If he made an in-person appearance he could just do it himself; who knows what crazy powers he's collected in the generations since he started doing this.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

But he can only put it in a relatively mindless noumu, right? Wouldn't that hamper it's effectiveness?

He can use it himself, too. I don't think a Noumu is mandatory for giving powers to either, they're just specially enhanced to take on lots and lots of quirks as opposed to just an extra one or two.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Tracking 100 people does seem much more useful for villains. Just knowing where all the local heroes (and All Might) are would be immensely useful, to say nothing of the ability to track and abduct every Yuuei student when they leave the school. Ragdoll doesn't even need to touch someone to acquire them as a target, right?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

Tracking 100 people does seem much more useful for villains. Just knowing where all the local heroes (and All Might) are would be immensely useful, to say nothing of the ability to track and abduct every Yuuei student when they leave the school. Ragdoll doesn't even need to touch someone to acquire them as a target, right?

We didn't see her going around patting all the students on the head or whatever; she seemed to just be able to track them from what we saw during those chapters. Heck, assuming she was tracking them before her on-panel appearance, when the students got thrown into the forest (which seems like a fair assumption since just tossing the students into the wild without supervision would be pretty irresponsible), then she definitely doesn't need physical contact. Though that is, admittedly, an assumption. Still, nothing about needing contact was stated or shown, so I'd say "no" for the time being.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 20, 2016

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Slime posted:

He can use it himself, too. I don't think a Noumu is mandatory for giving powers to either, they're just specially enhanced to take on lots and lots of quirks as opposed to just an extra one or two.

Or a Noumu is the result of stuffing too many powers into one person. We haven't seen much of All for One's face, but his lack of facial features does remind me of the Noumu a bit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That's scar tissue. All Might blew his face off. It also looked like he blew his arms off, but a41 had arms in the same chapter as that flashback panel so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

That's scar tissue. All Might blew his face off. It also looked like he blew his arms off, but a41 had arms in the same chapter as that flashback panel so I dunno.

Pretty sure All Might blew his entire head above the jaw off from what we saw.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 21, 2016