Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dang, Mad Max for €18 (with Plus) is about the price point I've been waiting for. It's been on sale a lot lately, but always for about twice that.

It's fun as long as you don't try and 100% it. One story mission has some really bad RNG bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

It seems like some weeks when there's just crummy deals, Sony busts out a Flash Sale on the weekend.

Here's hoping for something like that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

It's fun as long as you don't try and 100% it. One story mission has some really bad RNG bullshit though.

Dont they make you like 75% it to unlock the ending like just cause does?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 worth €20? I've never played a Warriors game outside of Hyrule Warriors Legends, I was thinking of checking out some of the games on PS4/Vita because I enjoy HWL.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean it sucks to have a few weeks of bad sales but like 5 or 6 new games worth playing at a wide range of price points came out in the last few weeks. This isn't really a time where you should be lacking games to play so :shrug:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats The Last Blade

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats The Last Blade

An underrated Neo Geo fighting game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well inspect my butt for flying monkeys!

Note 2FA isn't actually implemented yet, but it looks like it's coming very soon.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Is Dynasty Warriors 8 worth €20? I've never played a Warriors game outside of Hyrule Warriors Legends, I was thinking of checking out some of the games on PS4/Vita because I enjoy HWL.

absolutely. it has an insane amount of content. do know tho that obviously the gameplay isn't as advanced as hyrule warriors as its a bit older

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I took austin walker's rec to get samurai warriors 4 empires and if you want a warriors game with no plot or whatever to get int the way of your conquest and you also don't want to spend hours in menus playing nobunaga's ambition but still want to feel like a shogun strategy badass, this is the game for you!

also you can make a character that kills people with guitar solos

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Davincie posted:

absolutely. it has an insane amount of content. do know tho that obviously the gameplay isn't as advanced as hyrule warriors as its a bit older
Cool thanks, I might check it out so

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

I took austin walker's rec to get samurai warriors 4 empires and if you want a warriors game with no plot or whatever to get int the way of your conquest and you also don't want to spend hours in menus playing nobunaga's ambition but still want to feel like a shogun strategy badass, this is the game for you!

also you can make a character that kills people with guitar solos

Wait, you can do what now?!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Wait, you can do what now?!

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/swss04_thumb.jpg
ok technically its a shamisen

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

univbee posted:

Well inspect my butt for flying monkeys!

Note 2FA isn't actually implemented yet, but it looks like it's coming very soon.

Cool! I'd feel a lot better about giving Sony, you know, like any kind of payment info if they had that going.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

Cool! I'd feel a lot better about giving Sony, you know, like any kind of payment info if they had that going.

Given my account being recently absconded I don't know if I'd make that pledge myself, but it is very much a step in the right direction.

Also considering they already have an error in that it's showing up for some users and hasn't been rolled out, I'd say there's good reason to hesitate even if they do get this working.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

housefly posted:

Also considering they already have an error in that it's showing up for some users and hasn't been rolled out, I'd say there's good reason to hesitate even if they do get this working.

thats how firmware preview programs work

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony is making a long-awaited effort to shore up security on the PlayStation Network — the company is planning to add two-factor authentication to the service, Sony confirmed to Polygon today.

"In order to further safeguard our users and their accounts, we are preparing to offer a 2-step verification feature," a Sony representative said.

The spokesperson did not offer a time frame at this point, saying only that "more details will be shared at a later date." Sony updated the PS3's firmware to version 4.80 yesterday, and users noticed that if they entered incorrect login information, the system mentioned two-step verification — which isn't currently available on PlayStation Network accounts.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

irlZaphod posted:

get dragon quest heroes!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

baram. posted:

get dragon quest heroes!

yeah this actually. its really great and we probably won't get the sequel until fall 2017 in NA

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Or get Pirate Warriors 3. It's HW but more over the top and with better gameplay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Dont they make you like 75% it to unlock the ending like just cause does?

No, however you can't completely ignore the side missions because they're tied to upgrades which you'll need to have a chance in the story missions, probably the worst part about it. It's not even close to 75% though.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

JazzFlight posted:

It seems like some weeks when there's just crummy deals, Sony busts out a Flash Sale on the weekend.

Here's hoping for something like that.

With rare exceptions it seems the third weekend of every month has a flash sale so I would expect one this weekend.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

13/f/cali posted:

With rare exceptions it seems the third weekend of every month has a flash sale so I would expect one this weekend.

ASSASSIN'S CREED FLASH SALE WOOOOOO

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
We should get at least an anime sale since it's Golden Week next week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna recommend samurai warriors 4 empires again because i just got a cutscene where nobunaga thanked a guy for farting on his sandals to keep them warm

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

El Hefe posted:

We should get at least an anime sale since it's Golden Week next week.

Oh yeah, good point. Anime games ho.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Takoluka posted:

ASSASSIN'S CREED FLASH SALE WOOOOOO

Have Flash Sales ever been one franchise?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna recommend samurai warriors 4 empires again because i just got a cutscene where nobunaga thanked a guy for farting on his sandals to keep them warm

normal samurai warriors 4 is great too!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mrEkli posted:

Have Flash Sales ever been one franchise?

ASSASSIN'S CREED AND FRIENDS FLASH SALE WOOOOO

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The last Golden Week sale ruled, so my hopes are sky high!!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I have no money and must Despair....girrrrlsss?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Katana Gomai posted:

Huge EU sale, some 170ish games for PS4, PS3 and Vita. Includes good poo poo like Firewatch and Life is Strange. The latest Senran Kagura is only on sale for Vita, not for PS4 for some reason; most other multiplats are on sale on all platforms.

https://psprices.com/region-de/index

Alien Isolation collection is kind of perfect for me at $20. Looks like the sale lasts until the beginning of May so I can wait to see if there's a US sale this weekend. Otherwise dusting off my UK account!

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

thats how firmware preview programs work

I missed that this was a firmware preview. I thought it was just a random error he received.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ps3 finally has a twitch app.

The ps3 remote doesn't work with it :negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sinners Sandwich posted:

God no

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Pick almost anything else first

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Don't do it.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Brightman posted:

Went to check the blog to see if there was a release post up and caught this instead: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/pyre-on-ps4-revealed-from-the-creators-of-transistor-and-bastion/

Pyre is a new game by the Bastion and Transistor devs, due out next year, but given their track record and such it'll probably be good with a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax8MeXcMlNo

This looks gorgeous; not sure about the actual gameplay on display. 3 vs 3 arena-style matches with cover? I dunno...

ucmallory
Jun 23, 2005
Multiple news sources are reporting that an HBONow app is now available on XboxOne and 360. What are the chances that this will pop up on PS4 anytime soon? It's getting really old hooking my laptop up to my TV every time--would love to be able to watch it through a PS4 app.

Story here: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/21/11477988/hbo-now-xbox-one-release-date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ucmallory posted:

Multiple news sources are reporting that an HBONow app is now available on XboxOne and 360. What are the chances that this will pop up on PS4 anytime soon? It's getting really old hooking my laptop up to my TV every time--would love to be able to watch it through a PS4 app.

Story here: http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/21/11477988/hbo-now-xbox-one-release-date

Total guess on my part, I'm guessing it's in the works (and would probably land very soon with Game of Thrones starting on Sunday) or Xbox would would have likely made a statement harping on their exclusivity of it in the console space.

I'm hoping it hits too because I think the geoblock will be easiest to work around on PS4 :ninja:.

• Locked thread