Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.

quote:

Drop rate of Belt of Shultz the Gladiator, Mesto Earring, Witch's Earring, Mark of Shadow and Outlaw's Ring have been increased.

quote:

Drop rate of … Outlaw's Ring have been increased.

Yessssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Xavier434 posted:

Also remember that you can minimize this game to the system tray. Doing that will allow all afk activities to still take place with the game minimizing it's use of your hardware and thus power consumption.

What is the most stable way of doing this, End game -> Minimize? I remember seeing the option in there somewhere but don't quite remember where

sushibandit posted:

Did they ever fix that bug where it would crank the GPU to 100% and cause a meltdown if/when the game crashed while minimized-to-tray?

Uhhhh, that's a little terrifying

Sanguinaire posted:

Holy crap, a free hawk? I won't have to spend money for looting convenience after all.

I guess I'll breed it with the one I just spent money on :cripes:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

What is the most stable way of doing this, End game -> Minimize? I remember seeing the option in there somewhere but don't quite remember where

Yes. End game -> Minimize. You will see a checkbox.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So I was sitting in Tarif village buying pots and my camera bugs out and goes to the sky, then I realize there is literally a dude flying in the sky on a horse moving at a meteoric pace.

I thought it was a bug but then apparently its an actual hack. Apparently all skill/item CDs are client-side, so you can literally trick the game into spamming jump button till you are flying across the map at 10x speeds. You'd think they would fix that before moving it to the west... (KMMOs require a Korean ID, so cheating is pretty minimal when you can literally get sued; there was a story of a guy running up a PC Cafe bill, running away and got a in-game mail saying pay the bill or his account would be deleted)

Good news is, you can't really transfer wealth out of your account (exception of buying disco scrolls for 4 other people), so bans are surprisingly effective at dealing with hackers.

Edit: Found this on reddit, which is a pretty good example of it in practice (besides making horses fly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5BgckRGg9s

It's basically removing the client-side restriction on forced CDs and the server "trusts" client-side information. So basically letting you cancel anything into anything with ability costs set to zero.

With our current pot sizes this is basically impossible to do on 1-2 targets, even running 2 Extraction crystals (you can't do a WoW spam -> Shotgun spam). Not to mention shotgun has a minimal recoil timer even with a cancel.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 20, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

lol

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Wassbix posted:

So I was sitting in Tarif village buying pots and my camera bugs out and goes to the sky, then I realize there is literally a dude flying in the sky on a horse moving at a meteoric pace.

I thought it was a bug but then apparently its an actual hack. Apparently all skill/item CDs are client-side, so you can literally trick the game into spamming jump button till you are flying across the map at 10x speeds. You'd think they would fix that before moving it to the west... (KMMOs require a Korean ID, so cheating is pretty minimal when you can literally get sued; there was a story of a guy running up a PC Cafe bill, running away and got a in-game mail saying pay the bill or his account would be deleted)

Good news is, you can't really transfer wealth out of your account (exception of buying disco scrolls for 4 other people), so bans are surprisingly effective at dealing with hackers.

I may be willing to risk a ban to make this happen.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

"supposed to" :nallears:

I live in Florida and I've been mining bitcoins for the Koreans for a solid week now. A GTX 970 draws less power and generates less heat than my lovely video card from 2011. If you can't run a modern gaming computer at night, you should probably sell it and put that money into loving central air

I have central air, but if my room is the only one generating heat through the night it will never come on...

but please keep defending game design that punishes you for ever not AFKing.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

Yes. End game -> Minimize. You will see a checkbox.

Thanks!

Bashez posted:

I have central air, but if my room is the only one generating heat through the night it will never come on...

Lol, "punishes." None of the stuff that can should be done afk (you could grind stamina if you're dumb I guess) is remotely related to combat potency, and your nightmare computer-melting scenario isn't something that's going to actually happen unless you have some truly horribly selected components and a house with almost supernaturally bad air circulation.

You're trying really hard to edgily shitpost about a feature most people in this thread enjoy. Sorry I didn't tag along? :frogout:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 20, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Bashez posted:

Once you select the option to minimize my PC temperature drops to room temperature, and the fans don't even run. It seems to reduce CPU and GPU usage to nearly idle and only thing it uses is RAM.

Also, the gains are pretty minimal unless you bought 100s of bag space and have a super upgraded Epheria rod and you'll still make maybe 1mil or so leaving it over night (I do it casually, and it only nets like maybe 200-300k overnight). Which is around 20-30 minutes of grinding at late game? Not to mention you can be killed AFK fishing and lose XP, which is significant above lvl 51.

I mean there are people in this thread literally trolling AFK fishers by throwing them into the ocean to drown and you can lose millions on crystals that way.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The only reasonable argument that I have read which was mildly against afk activities is the idea that if a feature is so dull that most people prefer to participate via afk then the developers should consider redesigning the feature because video games are supposed to be interactive and fun. This argument doesn't necessarily support the removal of afk as part of the redesign. Just changing it so that it is more fun to engage in while actually playing.

I personally don't have any beef with the afk options and rather enjoy them, but I can get behind this argument as well.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Wassbix posted:

Once you select the option to minimize my PC temperature drops to room temperature, and the fans don't even run. It seems to reduce CPU and GPU usage to nearly idle and only thing it uses is RAM.

Also, the gains are pretty minimal unless you bought 100s of bag space and have a super upgraded Epheria rod and you'll still make maybe 1mil or so leaving it over night (I do it casually, and it only nets like maybe 200-300k overnight). Which is around 20-30 minutes of grinding at late game? Not to mention you can be killed AFK fishing and lose XP, which is significant above lvl 51.

I mean there are people in this thread literally trolling AFK fishers by throwing them into the ocean to drown and you can lose millions on crystals that way.

please don't afk fish in crystal'd gear. get some fisher's clothes and take your poo poo off. unless you're in GoonTang.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Wassbix posted:

Do crystals have a chance of breaking if your gear is not equipped but is still in your bags when you die?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Will NA get the Blader class anytime soon? It is really the only class that looks interesting to me.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Will NA get the Blader class anytime soon? It is really the only class that looks interesting to me.

uhhhhhh, we just got it. today. like a few hours ago.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

uhhhhhh, we just got it. today. like a few hours ago.

Well poo poo I had no idea.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

AppliedPhilosophy posted:

please don't afk fish in crystal'd gear. get some fisher's clothes and take your poo poo off. unless you're in GoonTang.

I appreciate this post. I'm only 23 so I've been fishing in my Grunil (also I'm a scrub with garbage quest reward crystals and even some empty slots), but this is a good thing to think about when I'm no longer safe from ganks.

On that note, I'm not sure who I was talking to in gchat yesterday, but my wagon survived the night. It appears to be safe to do laps between Velia and Heidel to level your horses, as long as you're under 45 and the wagon is empty.

BadLlama posted:

It might be worth a little time to try some of the other classes anyway. I felt this way too when I first looked at the game, because the OP made Blader sound like the most balanced melee class. Now I can't be assed to stop playing my Tamer and Sorc long enough to even make one, they're too fun

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 20, 2016

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Well poo poo I had no idea.

we're all making our koreansamurai right now. come join us.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Wassbix posted:

Definitely close to idle. Ties up ram for sure.

If this is a bitcoin miner, it's probably doing a fairly poor job.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm interested to hear people's opinions on musa/maehwa after they've played them for a few days, and how many people are going to keep playing their mains. And if anyone has any good skill builds for either, that'd be nice...

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Buying the gently caress out of this.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 20, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Clocks posted:

I'm interested to hear people's opinions on musa/maehwa after they've played them for a few days, and how many people are going to keep playing their mains. And if anyone has any good skill builds for either, that'd be nice...

Seconded.

That riding outfit is pretty sweet, but $20 is still an awful lot of doll hairs. Also, what the gently caress is going on with that poor sorceress' waist? Her navel is like a foot and a half above her hips. It looks like you took a human and stretched them like chewing gum. :stonk:

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 20, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk man, all riding outfits look like that on people, even IRL according to GIS

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

drat. I'm so glad I hate meatspace horses

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Free hawk pet, awesome. Now I'll be able to breed two hawks for a higher-tier hawk and loot even faster.

BDO posted:

1. Seal of Maehwa
Start: April 20th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)
End: May 4th 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)
Starting off our new events each day when you login there will be a new item to Claim, Maehwa Seal. Combining these in your inventory will unlock different rewards depending on how you arrange them.
Event Rewards
3 seals: 2 Blackstone (Armor)
6 seals: 3 Blackstone (Weapon)
9 seals: 5 Fragment of memory
12 seals: 4 Blackstone (Armor) + 6 Blackstone (Weapon) + 10 fragment of memory + 1 pet Hawk
You can claim your reward by clicking the "Reward" button that will appear in the bottom right of your screen when you log in.
Arrange the seals in different patterns to unlock various rewards. http://imgur.com/BLP3zKV

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73050-musa-maehwa-update-events/

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BadLlama posted:

I am a dumb person

:allears:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yes, also I haven't followed this game besides reading the OP last week?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Landed last night, downloading patch. I have ping of ~100 ms to the Los Angeles so I should be able to play BDO, provided the place I live in gets internet next week or so, for now I can do that only from the university. What about the free hawk? I briefly read through the last 3 pages, but I'm not quite getting getting it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

What about the free hawk? I briefly read through the last 3 pages, but I'm not quite getting getting it.

We are going to get tokens as part of the daily login bonus for the next 15 days. Login for 12 out of 15 of those days in order to get the minimum number of tokens that you will need. Arrange 12 of the tokens into a specific pattern in your bag slots. Making the pattern will allow you to transform them into your reward package. That package includes the hawk and other goodies.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Xavier434 posted:

We are going to get tokens as part of the daily login bonus for the next 15 days. Login for 12 out of 15 of those days in order to get the minimum number of tokens that you will need. Arrange 12 of the tokens into a specific pattern in your bag slots. Making the pattern will allow you to transform them into your reward package. That package includes the hawk and other goodies.

To add to this you will need to claim them from the rewards page ingame. Its a button at the bottom right of the UI. Once you claim them and have enough you can start arranging them in patterns to get rewards. Here is the link to the event: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73050-musa-maehwa-update-events/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alright, 12 logins should be doable.

E: Or not, university network may be heavily firewalled.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 20, 2016

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.
For the other title-goons out there we should do this:

quote:

Greetings Adventurers!

We invite each of you to take a moment to welcome the new classes to the Black Desert Family with a family portrait! Everyone who follows the instructions and uploads an appropriate screenshot will earn the a new title, "We are Family".

• Take a screenshot of yourself while posing with a group of all other classes
    (e.g. you are a warrior, you need to take a screenshot with at least 1x witch, 1x ranger 1x .... etc)
  • Only the person who uploads the image earns the title.
  • Other people in the picture can upload a picture including the same characters (but from their perspective)
  • UI must be disabled in the screenshot.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Revolver Bunker posted:

To add to this you will need to claim them from the rewards page ingame. Its a button at the bottom right of the UI. Once you claim them and have enough you can start arranging them in patterns to get rewards. Here is the link to the event: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/73050-musa-maehwa-update-events/

What I am trying to figure out is whether the tokens are 'spent' on the lower tier rewards or you can arrange to make each of the shapes as you get more tokens to claim all listed rewards?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

crazystray posted:

What I am trying to figure out is whether the tokens are 'spent' on the lower tier rewards or you can arrange to make each of the shapes as you get more tokens to claim all listed rewards?

I have not seen that confirmed one way or the other anywhere yet, but odds are that these tokens are programmed using the same/similar code that is used for Ancient Relic Fragments. In other words, they will be consumed once combined.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I can't believe the name Bullshido wasn't taken on Uno.

New class is pretty fun so far! I mostly craft on my Witch, so maybe Plum will be my combat class. ... why is it called Plum, anyways.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

On that note, I'm not sure who I was talking to in gchat yesterday, but my wagon survived the night. It appears to be safe to do laps between Velia and Heidel to level your horses, as long as you're under 45 and the wagon is empty.

Just to let you know, this is only true if no one is at war with you. Any wardecced player can kill your wagon, regardless of your level with you being unable to respond if you can't pvp.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

New class is pretty fun so far! I mostly craft on my Witch, so maybe Plum will be my combat class. ... why is it called Plum, anyways.
Koreans called it Plum.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

A Spider Covets posted:

Somethingsomething plumcheeks.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Koreans called it Plum.

I got that part, just not sure why. Doesn't really matter though so long as I get to keep slashing dudes and going "yoosh".

Lima posted:

Somethingsomething plumcheeks.

:eyepop:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_sword#/media/File:Korean_Sword_Nomenclature.jpg

Black Desert made me learn something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

Maehwa, which is the korean name for the class, translates to "plum blossom:"

The fake english translation just shortened it to plum. Evokes different imagery, that's for sure.

In other news:

16 of those are from failing to +14 my liverto. One is from failing to PRI outlaw rings. The rest are from literally trying to +14 my grunil gloves.

... not shown, about 9 more stones to +14 the gloves and then one extra stone to +15 them. :downs: gently caress RNG.