Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Unfunny Poster posted:

According to Chickenwing & Tokyo Sexwhale, yes.

Also Kitty.

http://i.imgur.com/WcpmNda.webm

Cats are cute and stuff but what loving idiot brushes a cat's teeth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/Se88cg0.webm

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
totally not posting just because the page count is a nice round number.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

frozenpussy posted:

totally not posting just because the page count is a nice round number.

Too late.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
goddammit

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Modsssss people keep bringing up how lovely we are, shut it down. :qq:

Hey, when you can't just downvote away the opposition, gotta do what ya gotta do.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Unfunny Poster posted:

http://i.imgur.com/hIdiZHA.webm
this isn't cute at all

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Siets posted:

Hey, when you can't just downvote away the opposition, gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sounds like you have a future posting career at reddit dot com.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuXwLoozJOg

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Siets posted:

don't forget the ignore feature when you want to go back to the kumbayah hugbox, bud

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I tried to spoiler tag the video but it still shows up

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Kalenn Istarion posted:

vet told me my cat has pretty bad gum disease so I kinda regret not brushing hers for her too :smith:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Have you not seen what dental bills for a cat can cost? My mother in law's cat had to have all her teeth removed because of poor hygiene.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

What are you nerds arguing about, I'm just here for the Space Adventures of Rock and you guys are whining about obvious things like how terrible goons in space are.

Didn't Remedial get doxxed? And he founded the poo poo heap that's goons in space.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I was serious about that 5B offer for a IGC skin, btw -- it's roughly what I paid for the AT12 victory skins.

Venom Snake posted:

Hey Ullerrm do you mind people pinging you on jabber for fitting advice? I'm working on a suicide armor throw away doctrine for HS having fun up north, t1 cruiser type stuff.

Yep, my Jabber door's always open. I may not get around to responding until I get home from work, but feel free to ask.

quote:

Digi stuff

I don't even know if that original wall of text was real, but as a general rule of thumb, if you're trying to prove that you're not a spy, getting vouches from the Vulpines wasn't a good way to start, seeing as they were A) willing to vouch pretty much anyone that flattered them, and B) went fuckgoons (or, more accurately, fucklawn) when enough people stopped flattering them. Also, gee, imagine my surprise that someone got booted for actively scamming the SRP system.

For my part, I was never asked for any personally identifying information when I joined illum -- just a full list of my eve online characters and a contact phone number for emergencies. And that's all anyone ever gets out of me, ever. (Admittedly, it's not hard to find my social media accounts, although my Facebook appears empty to non-friends.) Nobody's ever gave me poo poo about it.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 20, 2016

Foe Hammer
Feb 6, 2016

Strategy is for people that don't have Swords! Play devil’s advocate even when you know you’re wrong because a blog where everyone agrees is boring!

evilweasel posted:

golden retrievers are the nicest dogs

though my parent's dog has such difficulty with the connection between him chasing a porcupine and him having his face stuffed full of porcupine quills that they had to have the porcupine trapped

we have a beagle and it is literally the dumbest dog ever. we got a pair of guinea pigs which have the same colors of the beagle. We are fairly certain the dog things the gp's are its puppies, it keeps trying to lick them and carry them by the scruff of its neck and is very protective of them. plus she keeps laying down so they can access her nipples even though she has no milk....

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Has anybody else tried out citadels on Sisi and found them hard to use or unintuitive? I could not dock at a single one that I found anchored in space, which was fairly annoying since there were so many cluttering my overview. I imagine this is just due to a bunch of people anchoring them for themselves without giving a poo poo about the docking/usage permissions since it is Sisi, but I am hoping that this isn't what to expect going forward on TQ.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Narciss posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that reddit thread was real or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, Digi will be able to tell us all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that Digi (and his counterparts in other alliances) play every drat day, whether they want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Scout Esterhazy thing. It happened, there isn't much to say. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, the Imperium is safer for what went down. It was a great game of chess and Digi literally picked up the chess board and threw it at his opponent after he had already won. Was Scout Esterhazy in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because he went to Facebook, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months for Digi to get him. Months. He picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info he could find and then he had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just Digi but many others. The decision to execute a LAWN Director is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and Digi won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. Digi wanted people to know it and was pretty certain Scout Esterhazy understood that about Digi and that was his downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. Digi tries not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing Vio after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, Digi was as close to broken as one could ever be and he still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And he still relives that night and the days that follow in his head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while he has coffee before work.

Digi was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like Digi there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. Digi will do his best to not bark about it and the Scout Esterhazy thing wasn't the only lesson for us. Digi is just like you, he struggles to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to Digi's space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until CCP sells out or crumbles to the ground.

And that's all you get and hopefully it fuels another 50 pages.

:same:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

ullerrm posted:

For my part, I was never asked for any personally identifying information when I joined illum -- just a full list of my eve online characters and a contact phone number for emergencies. And that's all anyone ever gets out of me, ever. (Admittedly, it's not hard to find my social media accounts, although my Facebook appears empty to non-friends.) Nobody's ever gave me poo poo about it.

Yeah uh when I joined GARPA a couple years ago (which as far as I know is supposed to be as secure, if not moreso, than CD) I just had an "r u spi" chat with pmchem wherein i divulged no PII more sensitive than "I'm currently in school".

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Siets posted:

Has anybody else tried out citadels on Sisi and found them hard to use or unintuitive? I could not dock at a single one that I found anchored in space, which was fairly annoying since there were so many cluttering my overview. I imagine this is just due to a bunch of people anchoring them for themselves without giving a poo poo about the docking/usage permissions since it is Sisi, but I am hoping that this isn't what to expect going forward on TQ.

I warped to the one on my overview that showed up as "Vile Rat Memorial Station" and had no problems at all :shrug:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

:ok:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Drythe posted:

Have you not seen what dental bills for a cat can cost? My mother in law's cat had to have all her teeth removed because of poor hygiene.

Paying cat dental bills is also stupid h t h

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was once accused of being a spy and thoroughly investigated (and exonerated) and I didn't find out about it until Kincaid told me a year later. Either counter intel's savagery is vastly overstated, or Digi buys the really expensive lube.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I mean if you're a poo poo pet owner, sure. I also pay for pet insurance

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Drythe posted:

I mean if you're a poo poo pet owner, sure. I also pay for pet insurance

Nah, just give them enough outside time and appropriate toys / activities so that their dental issues take care of themselves

What do you feed your cat that its teeth are rotting?

jeffraider
Jul 22, 2001
FUCK YOU.

Narciss posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that reddit thread was real or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, Digi will be able to tell us all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that Digi (and his counterparts in other alliances) play every drat day, whether they want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Scout Esterhazy thing. It happened, there isn't much to say. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, the Imperium is safer for what went down. It was a great game of chess and Digi literally picked up the chess board and threw it at his opponent after he had already won. Was Scout Esterhazy in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because he went to Facebook, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months for Digi to get him. Months. He picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info he could find and then he had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just Digi but many others. The decision to execute a LAWN Director is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and Digi won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. Digi wanted people to know it and was pretty certain Scout Esterhazy understood that about Digi and that was his downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. Digi tries not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing Vio after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, Digi was as close to broken as one could ever be and he still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And he still relives that night and the days that follow in his head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while he has coffee before work.

Digi was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like Digi there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. Digi will do his best to not bark about it and the Scout Esterhazy thing wasn't the only lesson for us. Digi is just like you, he struggles to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to Digi's space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until CCP sells out or crumbles to the ground.

who would ever pay :10bux: for this m8

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

jeffraider posted:

At this point :10bux: is more a mark of fellowship than a promise of quality

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Narciss posted:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spai

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/xZQE8go.mp4

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jeffraider posted:

you, for a start

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
all the d name dudes who do nothing but crosspost reddit words for a real answer jeff you poo poo eater

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Nah, just give them enough outside time and appropriate toys / activities so that their dental issues take care of themselves

What do you feed your cat that its teeth are rotting?

How does that clean their teeth....

That's like saying you don't need to brush your teeth each day because you exercise. Plaque and tartar are gonna build up regardless of how swole you are

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/qfXlAdt.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you, for a start

IIRC, you didn't need to :10bux: back when he registered btw.

jeffraider
Jul 22, 2001
FUCK YOU.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you, for a start

lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

IIRC, you didn't need to :10bux: back when he registered btw.

p sure you did

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

read post 2 FUCKER :mad:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Drythe posted:

How does that clean their teeth....

That's like saying you don't need to brush your teeth each day because you exercise. Plaque and tartar are gonna build up regardless of how swole you are

Dry food and the opportunity to chew on poo poo will keep teeth cleaner than a house cat whose life is restricted to trundling from the kitty litter box back to your lap and whose meal content is mama's super custom wet mix food prepared by stirring freshly killed Kobe beef mixed with the farts of angels. The physical activity is good for overall health as well.

We had half a dozen dogs and even more cats when I was a kid on our farm and the vast majority of them lived well into their second decade without having ever seen a toothbrush.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

shut up newshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
lol if you paid :10bux:

• Locked thread