Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
http://pastebin.com/WRiT9V1A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blawrf posted:

i might be mistaken here but don't prospective diplomats have to volunteer social network information in order to get vetted

Lol no. Well I mean if you're in Twitter and it's an eve twitter account I think they ask for that. But no facebook or grindr account info required.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daruna posted:

hello goonswarm

do I need to provide my IRL information to you to post here? :laugh:

You should report it to the local authorities because your posting is like rape for my eyeballs.

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
(1:02:30 PM) LuciaDenniard: he emailed me namedropping where I work, and jean leaner's rl name
(1:02:34 PM) LuciaDenniard: on my personal email

real intimidation tactics #justDigiThings

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh boy reddit dude is back, what a long weekend he had

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My name is Justin. Oh poo poo just doxxed myself

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

vyst posted:

Lol no. Well I mean if you're in Twitter and it's an eve twitter account I think they ask for that. But no facebook or grindr account info required.

I gave them my grindr account info anyway. ;)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/uHhk6bL.webm

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Seriously Daruna your shtick is old and dumb and in case you haven't already caught on yet most of us don't give a gently caress what you say. Please stop making GBS threads up this thread by continuing your idiotic crusade against the evil goonies and go explore the other forums your :10bux: bought access to.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Xolve posted:

"Volunteered" seems like a bit of a stretch-

Do I provide said information to get myself unblacklisted so I can continue playing interenet spaceships with friends I've known for years, or do I refuse- and essentially get exiled from my friends?

So you post the dude's story, ignore what parts of it you don't like and change some words around to fit your desired implication. And you're totally not spinning right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

golden retrievers are the nicest dogs

though my parent's dog has such difficulty with the connection between him chasing a porcupine and him having his face stuffed full of porcupine quills that they had to have the porcupine trapped

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

Seriously Daruna your shtick is old and dumb and in case you haven't already caught on yet most of us don't give a gently caress what you say. Please stop making GBS threads up this thread by continuing your idiotic crusade against the evil goonies and go explore the other forums your :10bux: bought access to.

Nah he should definitely keep posting.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ps, crazybrains reddit shill guy who totally isnt a reddit shill but posts things to reddit and then tries to crosspost them here:

quote:

===== Note: Goons' "cultural revolution" was a few years ago and was supposed to eliminate racism within the alliance and services. Except for special snowflakes who are free to be racists because they're valuable~, in which case the rule doesn't apply. Goons also hide behind it when calling other groups racists at any opportunity. =====

is not right in the slightest :)

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Huge_Midget posted:

"i dont care look at how much i dont care" - u

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

I experienced this firsthand - back in 2012 (about a year after I "left" GSF) Mittani decided to post a whole bunch of personal info about me on GF.com as part of a "vote me for CSM reward," along with other creepy stuff like the okcupid profile of the guy who ran eve-uni.

Dear leader screwed the pooch there. It was not okay. Goons generally thought it was not okay. He took poo poo for it. Pretty sure he ate a 30 day SA ban for it too, which was entirely deserved. For what it is worth, the lesson seems to have been learned.

quote:

Now at this point I hadn't really been playing eve for the better part of a year, so learning that some people who I had pissed off in game I no longer really played were being distinctly un-chill was pretty lame? I certainly thought a lot less of gf leadership after that happened.

Maybe you believe your own BS at this point.

You were blacklisted for some super subterfuge. It was before my time. Point is, in 2012 you were still constantly posting in the thread in an effort to revise history such that the grounds behind your blacklisting mattered to anyone other than you. It was weird.

And what you kept running into was that no one cared about what you did, other than you. This seemed to bother you a great deal. In response to your posting weirdness, Mittens offered up some glimpses into who you are and why you were so broken up about no one caring about your internet space ship shenanigans.

Four years later, the Mittani seems to have learned his lesson. By contrast, you still seem broken up. You are still claiming that whatever you did mattered. The new spin is that "people who I had pissed off in game" cared enough about what you did to post your personal information.

But that's nonsense. The threat was because your posting sucks. It still does. And that is all anyone who started playing in the past five years knows about you. Time to move on.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I promise to give up my tinder profile as long as you swipe right

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/Se88cg0.webm

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh boy reddit dude is back, what a long weekend he had

was playing dark souls man, after I found the dried fingers (somehow managed to miss them from the old woman selling them v0v) I've just been pvping for hours on end

sorry did you miss me?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/n15RjxS.webm

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ps, crazybrains reddit shill guy who totally isnt a reddit shill but posts things to reddit and then tries to crosspost them here:

is not right in the slightest :)

Isn't there a channel to this very day named after a particularly egregious term for black people that keeps getting remade by the same people because those people aren't ever dealt with?

Seriously asking, this is a thing I have heard from a lot of people who can view said channels.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
I wanna be snapchat friends with digi.

Snappin my hanzo steel

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

wow

if being doxed is the punishment for bad posting then digi should get busy with this thread ASAP

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

Isn't there a channel to this very day named after a particularly egregious term for black people that keeps getting remade by the same people because those people aren't ever dealt with?

Seriously asking, this is a thing I have heard from a lot of people who can view said channels.

the pastebin reddit shill pasted starts off with that, which is why i commented on it

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Maneck posted:

But that's nonsense. The threat was because your posting sucks.

That's just as lovely as doing it over video game stuff.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Daruna posted:

was playing dark souls man, after I found the dried fingers (somehow managed to miss them from the old woman selling them v0v) I've just been pvping for hours on end

sorry did you miss me?

Enjoy the smugposting while you can. All Mittani has to do is sound the Horn of Goondor and this war is OVER. The twisting of the knife will be oh-so-sweet. :twisted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
6713 courier contracts later. Things have started to settle down.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello garr khan, how are you

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

quote:

(4:14:48 AM) dabigredboat: the_mittani: do we have a way to investigate IWI rigging the game? I noticed a few spectre fleet guys talking about how they are wining more often now then before
(4:15:06 AM) dabigredboat: might be just lucky but still interesting

:downsbravo:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
please dont post things boat says, he's an actual retard irl

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

According to Chickenwing & Tokyo Sexwhale, yes.

Also Kitty.

http://i.imgur.com/WcpmNda.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/gIlifJK.webm

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011
pls post more justifications about digi, doxxing apologists

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://i.imgur.com/hIdiZHA.webm

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/jYFx07k.webm

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can digichat be another taboo topic for this thread just like BFM poo poo? It always takes like 50 pages of back and forth whinging before people forget about it and finally move on.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daruna posted:

Must be sad that nobody doxxed you because of how insignificant you are. :smith:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Siets posted:

Can digichat be another taboo topic for this thread just like BFM poo poo? It always takes like 50 pages of back and forth whinging before people forget about it and finally move on.

how about we also ban talk about the current state of the cfc cause that also gets people riled up and whinging

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Siets posted:

Modsssss people keep bringing up how lovely we are, shut it down. :qq:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Daruna posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that reddit thread was real or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, Digi will be able to tell us all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that Digi (and his counterparts in other alliances) play every drat day, whether they want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Scout Esterhazy thing. It happened, there isn't much to say. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, the Imperium is safer for what went down. It was a great game of chess and Digi literally picked up the chess board and threw it at his opponent after he had already won. Was Scout Esterhazy in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because he went to Facebook, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months for Digi to get him. Months. He picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info he could find and then he had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just Digi but many others. The decision to execute a LAWN Director is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and Digi won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. Digi wanted people to know it and was pretty certain Scout Esterhazy understood that about Digi and that was his downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. Digi tries not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing Vio after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, Digi was as close to broken as one could ever be and he still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And he still relives that night and the days that follow in his head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while he has coffee before work.

Digi was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like Digi there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. Digi will do his best to not bark about it and the Scout Esterhazy thing wasn't the only lesson for us. Digi is just like you, he struggles to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to Digi's space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until CCP sells out or crumbles to the ground.

And that's all you get and hopefully it fuels another 50 pages.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

vyst posted:

Must be sad that nobody doxxed you because of how insignificant you are. :smith:

about how relevant should i be before the eye of sauron looks at me? i wanna know so i can stop just short of it, i don't want some scumbag trying to get into my personal life

• Locked thread