Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I wouldn't have bought anything IKEA when I was 2+ hours away but now I'm 35 minutes so Detolfs ahoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
For those who would like a Nendoroid Mega Man but scoff at the price, Funko will be coming out with Pops of Mega Man, Wily, Proto Man, and Rush

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nut Bunnies posted:

For those who would like a Nendoroid Mega Man but scoff at the price, Funko will be coming out with Pops of Mega Man, Wily, Proto Man, and Rush

what does that have to do with Nendoroids?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm just saying

Nendoroid

Pop

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ShimSham posted:

Ah, good to know. I would have been hunting in the wrong place. I really want that War Machine since he's actually bulky like WM should be. I passed on the Hulkbuster War Machine since he was so skinny.

Question for those of you with Detolf shelves, or experience with IKEA in general: How do you afford shipping? Or do you guys just live near an IKEA? The closest one to me is 6 hours away in Atlanta. I sold off a lot of my old collection and finally had some money to blow on some Detolf shelves and just shipping was going to be ~$350 and I'm just not about that life.

Is there a way to get these things 1. without paying insane shipping costs and 2. without driving directly to an IKEA?

I was in Ikea today to look at a few things, and the Detolf kind of looks flimsy. Or, at least, the one in the store did.

I'm digging the Fabrikor, even though it's $199:

Not my pic, but I think it looks nicer. Has anyone else tried 'em?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They won't fall apart, but yeah it's a bunch of glass held together just by slotted wood and its own weight. They shift and rattle a bit.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I have three detolfs (detolves?) and they've survived three moves so far. I've disassembled them before each move and amazingly they're still holding up fine. They do seem a bit wobbly, especially if you stand them over carpet, but I've never had one fall apart or fall over.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I settled on using modified Billy bookcases with LED lighting and glass shelves. I prefer these because they keep all the figures at waist height or above, and you get good storage space below for your extras.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Rhyno posted:

I have a spare Venom. $20 + shipping.

I'll take it. Pm me. I don't give a poo poo about box or packaging if that makes it cheaper to ship, as long as all the accessories are there.

Still looking for a taskmaster.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Went to the Disney Store last night and found one of the General Grievous die-cast figures. He looks amazing for how much he cost but I think someone earlier in the thread had said he was a bitch to get to stand properly. And they were not loving lying. This dude refuses to stand right and the stand that he comes with is too small to fit his whole frame properly on. Also his hands don't clasp tight enough to hold the sabers he comes with. I don't regret buying him but maybe I might just try to find a different stand to use for him.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Cocks Cable posted:

I settled on using modified Billy bookcases with LED lighting and glass shelves. I prefer these because they keep all the figures at waist height or above, and you get good storage space below for your extras.

This could be an awesome replacement for deltofs, especially if you add like some Philips Hue string lights to be able to adjust color based on what's in there but I have concerns over dust. The open front seems to make them more dust prone, especially with some figures.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

RevKrule posted:

This could be an awesome replacement for deltofs, especially if you add like some Philips Hue string lights to be able to adjust color based on what's in there but I have concerns over dust. The open front seems to make them more dust prone, especially with some figures.

every toy display that uses string lights for lighting I've seen look pretty bad

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

RevKrule posted:

Had these for over a year and I just cleaned them the other day. The dust build up wasn't too bad. But yeah, there's some. Would definitely need yearly cleaning. I am looking at getting a custom cut sheet of acrylic that will hook onto the top and hang over the front.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The bottom would be a nice place to keep the boxes probably, since they're always filled with spare hands and stuff.

They'd take up a bit too much space though.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Nut Bunnies posted:

Ew, gross. gently caress, the KidRobot vinyls are a better idea than going with that ugly Funko poo poo.

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 18, 2016

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Guys, Whirlwind is a ridiculous villain and I am glad to have him on my shelf. At a discount no less.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I use a Billy shelves as well but I put the full glass doors on it. I also got glass shelves. I probably should have put two lights in the top but maybe the next one. I probably need at least two more.

Also I paid (you pretty much have to unless you get incredibly lucky) a huge mark up to get Garuda and TBQH I'm perfectly happy doing so since SUPAH MECHAGOJIRA is the best. :swoon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooh the Star Trek starships collection! :neckbeard:

I've been collecting a few of them, but just the Starfleet ships. I'm annoyed at myself that I missed the NX refit when it hit my local shop recently.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I've been collecting a few of them, but just the Starfleet ships. I'm annoyed at myself that I missed the NX refit when it hit my local shop recently.

I just started my subscription a couple months ago. They're nice but anything with a nacelle on a long pylon comes pre-broken. Kind of annoying to pay that much and have to break out the superglue for every delivery.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just started my subscription a couple months ago. They're nice but anything with a nacelle on a long pylon comes pre-broken. Kind of annoying to pay that much and have to break out the superglue for every delivery.

Eaglemoss needs to upgrade their packaging, half the chess pieces we get arrive busted as well.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I'm a charter subscriber. Further proof I have more money than sense. :haw:

Haven't had a single one come broken though. Guess I'm lucky? I popped a nacelle off myself by accident once but it glued back on nicely.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah, I'm a charter subscriber. Further proof I have more money than sense. :haw:

Haven't had a single one come broken though. Guess I'm lucky? I popped a nacelle off myself by accident once but it glued back on nicely.

Yeah, I've never had a major problem with any of them. A nacelle strut on the Enterprise C is slightly askew warped but you have to be looking at it dead on to see.

Oh and the Kelvin saucer has a minor bit of separation where it's not totally flush. I keep meaning to fix that with superglue.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I want that Kelvin so bad. Please tell me it wasn't some stupidly limited mail away or some nonsense.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Do any of you have the DST starships? And if so, what stand did you replace the Enterprise D one with because that one is a piece of poo poo.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I want that Kelvin so bad. Please tell me it wasn't some stupidly limited mail away or some nonsense.

You can still get it. They do run out of stock on occasion, but so far they always (eventually) get more.
https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/star-trek-the-official-starship-collection/-special-edition-uss-kelvin

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do you think I should make a new thread in SA Mart to trade BAF parts or should we do it here. Because I want to either sell or swap parts to get pieces to finish BAFs. I have the following minus parts I am having trouble locating right now.

The only parts I can't find are Odin and Old Thor's head, the blue cape from that BAF, Thanos' head, and Absorbing Man's ball & chain.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can't imagine that thread lasting in BST, it'd fall off the front page and get buried. Better to do it here, imo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'll throw it out there: Looking for Onslaught BAF pieces, need them all minus Red Skull head. Have to trade: BAF pieces nobody wants, cash, jack poo poo.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Im looking to buy Sentinel and Giantman parts if anyone has them and wants to ship to Canada.

Sentinel:
Left leg
Right leg
Right arm
Head/upper torso

Giant Man:
Left Hand
Right Hand
Right Arm
Lower Torso
Left Leg
Right Boot

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Honestly what we need is a central guy, a guy with no kids and a low stress job, who can build an excel spreadsheet of who has which pieces. Then we can figure out what BAF guys we have collectively and redistribute pieces accordingly.

Being an idea guy with no time is a Cassandra-level curse. :(

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.

The Rage posted:

Do any of you have the DST starships? And if so, what stand did you replace the Enterprise D one with because that one is a piece of poo poo.

There's a guy on ebay called fluxdimensions who sells custom stands for all the DST starships. They're kind of pricey (about $35-40 each), but the one for the Enterprise D is a huge improvement.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Honestly what we need is a central guy, a guy with no kids and a low stress job, who can build an excel spreadsheet of who has which pieces. Then we can figure out what BAF guys we have collectively and redistribute pieces accordingly.

Being an idea guy with no time is a Cassandra-level curse. :(

Honestly a shared google spreadsheet that is universally editable is the best for something like this most likely.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just need arms and ball for Absorbing Man. But I kinda want the Spiderman and SpiderGwen, so I'll probably just try to find them in the wild.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bet someone with a bit of talent (not me) could make the wrecking ball that comes with Gwen look like it's made of webs.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

boom boom boom posted:

I just need arms and ball for Absorbing Man. But I kinda want the Spiderman and SpiderGwen, so I'll probably just try to find them in the wild.

I have the wrecking ball if you end up not getting Gwen. I've also got a lot of random BAF parts from the last few waves I'll try to wrangle up to offer out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I have the wrecking ball but my cat likes it too much for me to sell it, sorry.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Do you guys ever check your local grocery stores? I'm in Kentucky, so we have Krogers, and one of them has all the Hulkbuster figures, another has all the Odin figures, and yet another one has almost all the Absorbing Man figures. Just a suggestion if you haven't already been looking!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

10 Beers posted:

Do you guys ever check your local grocery stores? I'm in Kentucky, so we have Krogers, and one of them has all the Hulkbuster figures, another has all the Odin figures, and yet another one has almost all the Absorbing Man figures. Just a suggestion if you haven't already been looking!

Mine has two iron fists if anyone needs those.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Honestly a shared google spreadsheet that is universally editable is the best for something like this most likely.

I like this idea but I'm just too busy to learn how. Not to busy to list parts if someone else does it though!

boom boom boom posted:

I really wish the Morbius arms weren't dumb. But they are. :(

Travis343 posted:

I have the wrecking ball but my cat likes it too much for me to sell it, sorry.

For those of you (like me) that don't want Gwen but want a wrecking ball (that's much better than the one that comes with Gwen), I recommend this: https://www.amazon.com/Create-Super..._=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Actually the entire WWE Create-a-Superstar line is gold for 6" accessories. Peep these, yo:

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Superstar-Undertaker-Frankenstein-Pack/dp/B00PTRDOC0/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=X7HBS6Q3FCYTB67Z0CQY

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Superstar-Seth-Rollins-Ninja/dp/B00PTRDO4I/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=6R5HA1BT3NQC6NKRZR5W

https://www.amazon.com/Create-Super...FZTGQSDPFB7VFYY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

For those of you (like me) that don't want Gwen but want a wrecking ball (that's much better than the one that comes with Gwen), I recommend this: https://www.amazon.com/Create-Super..._=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

This seems like a bizarrely specific thing to sell, but then again I've never understood wrestling.