Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boosted_C5 posted:

They're pretty useless with Trump, who has been getting actual vote shares WAY above his favorability ratings with likely GOP voters.

Let's face it, your standard Republican doesn't like NYC limousine liberals. Millions of people are voting for an rear end-hole they don't like, because he's THEIR rear end-hole, championing THEIR until now ignored voice and concerns.

That's because those GOP voters are the people that actually like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Zelder posted:

boosted has taken a step beyond unskewing polls, choosing to flat out ignore them instead

He's unskewing reality itself. He's basically Neo.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Why are people freaking out over Ted Cruz and showtunes?

Human garbage person enjoys show tunes, catholic priests enjoy small boys, news at 11.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does Cruz want to gently caress America?

Ted Cruz wants to stick it to America like she was asking for it.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

You'd think Republicans would be happy to have a Democratic icon replaced by a Republican on the currency.

Well, I laughed.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Why are people freaking out over Ted Cruz and showtunes?

Human garbage person enjoys show tunes, catholic priests enjoy small boys, news at 11.

bitch dont start me

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Joementum posted:

You'd think Republicans would be happy to have a Democratic icon replaced by a Republican on the currency.

Breitbart already posted some poo poo saying "Guess they forgot he was a Democrat!!!", as if Breitbart using you as a prop isn't the biggest red flag a Democrat could possibly have.

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

DON'T YOU GODDAMN DARE TAKE MUSICAL THEATRE FROM ME YOU MOTHERFUCKING PISS GOLEM

LOATH-ING
UN-A-DUL-TERATED LOATHING

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

he has already got the melting scene on lock

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Mr. Pumroy posted:

he has already got the melting scene on lock

I hope if Trump doesn't win the first ballot, Slime Man comes out in full Phantom costume to perform The Point of No Return

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Jeb is a mess.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/jeb-bush-campaign-debt

quote:

Jeb Bush, once considered the prohibitive front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination due to his nine-figure war chest, has now revealed that his defunct campaign is more than a quarter of a million dollars in debt.

Bush ended his campaign almost two months ago amid poor poll numbers, but the extent of its wreckage is only now becoming clear. In a filing made over the weekend, Bush revealed that his presidential campaign is more than $260,000 in debt and has just $31,000 in cash on hand. That's a stunning admission from the candidate who once sat on a pile of more than $115 million in cash, and a demonstration of just how far Bush fell.

Time to sell some office furniture to his PAC.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TwinsensRevenge posted:

I hope if Trump doesn't win the first ballot, Slime Man comes out in full Phantom costume to perform The Point of No Return

Excuse me, but the Phantom only wore a mask over half his face. Cruz would need a burlap sack knotted over his head.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Stranger than you dreamt it
Can you even dare to look, or bear to think of me
This loathesome gargoyle
Who burns in hell, But secretly yearns for heaven
Secretly, secretly...

TwinsensRevenge fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 20, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TwinsensRevenge posted:

This loathesome gargoyle
Secretly, secretly...

You're past...the point of no return
No turning back now

Oddly enough, if it was any other Republican candidate who sang show tunes to his wife I'd think it was kind of adorable. But it's King Crooze, so it just sounds slimy and creepy.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 20, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

TwinsensRevenge posted:

This loathesome gargoyle
Secretly, secretly...

ugh gross, i didn't think it could get worse but god, the fat neck really shines through here.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Sean Hannity update: He's happy about Harriet Tubman getting the honor of replacing Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

He's now talking about how awesome Donald Trump is.

E: SUPER FIENDS ASSEMBLE!

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Do It Once Right posted:

Jeb is a mess.

It feels really strange to feel bad for a Bush but I do.

Maybe because he was so dweeby?

Also maybe because looking at Ted Cruz' loving face every day in the news is getting to me.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Do It Once Right posted:

Jeb is a mess.

I assume everyone that reads this thread knows it, but that comparison of superpac money to campaign debt is meaningless, not an indication of "how far he's fallen"

lol

quote:

As if that weren't bad enough for Bush, the biggest outstanding debt comes from a $250,000 loan issued during the campaign's dying days—by Bush himself.
:sad:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/722871318757130240

:smugdon:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Bernice Anders posted:

What are states Clinton will win? Only the deepest blue states. Think Dukakis 88. She MIGHT hold on to Michigan. Doubtful though.

The fact that in a Rick Snyder world you think any GOP candidate is going to win Michigan is the lols of all lols.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/DanielBice/status/722828578040061953
https://twitter.com/politico/status/722872237808820228

BEND THE KNEE

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Lol the entire GOP is full of cowards. I kind of figured this would happen but it's stunning nonetheless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats not this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU09DYCOWjc
this his campaign music.

yeah because trump is so liberal. lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

Sean Hannity update: He's happy about Harriet Tubman getting the honor of replacing Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

Pence is struggling in his own race. I don't know how effective his endorsement would be.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
This election season I've thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the radicalization of our office security guards via the huge TV across from their desk that plays nothing but MSNBC (i.e. the Trump speech channel).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Geraldo: Ted Cruz floors the needle on the creepy meter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZh9MJZUB10

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ted Cruz used his official campaign twitter to panhandle for Scott Walkers hilarious campaign debt.

Cruz inspires no loyalty and has no leadership skills. He can't even buy support.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

Geraldo KNOWS from creepy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Montasque posted:

A Pence endorsement would be toxic and the only people in Indiana who know who Scott Walker is are the union types, who consider him to be the devil.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Thump! posted:

The Marines are gonna rain white phosphorous down on the city?

I guess that'd be effective at burning away the blight that is Trump supporters.

One of the best things about this election is that there are no Good Guys this time. Even the liberals are monsters. 2016 is the grimdark reboot.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

interesting thing linked in the larry sabato house ratings updates (they moved about a dozen races into more favorable categories for the d) saying that 2012 tied the record for consecutive elections with a margin of less than 5%:
http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-era-of-competition-how-2016-could-set-a-presidential-record/
that other stretch in the gilded age was crazy, i didn't know how close it was, no wonder the popular vote winner lost the electoral college twice in that stretch as opposed to once in the recent one

if trump wins the popular vote by >5% then nothing we know matters and the country as a whole is basically the gop primary electorate. let's say he loses the popular vote, though; do down ticket gop candidates benefit from this long term tend of no blowouts by avoiding huge negative coattails, or if 'this time is different' means trump's phased us out of this latest era of non blowout elections?

another trend has been decreasing split ticket voting; would that trend hold up in the kind of blowout presidential election we haven't seen in a generation?

if the house is gonna flip it'll be because the split ticket trend continues and the non blowout presidential election one doesn't. phrasing it that way it feels like a decent argument against the possibility of the house flipping

all of that's based on the premises held by sabato and most other political commentators. if vile et al are right about anything then of course this discussion is baseless

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

zoux posted:

Geraldo KNOWS from creepy.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Montasque posted:

It's true. There are plenty of people I wouldn't vote for this election, but Ted Cruz is the only one who triggers that reptilian part of my brain that says "stay away from this guy". I dislike Hillary even more than Cruz on an intellectual level, but Cruz is animalistically repulsive.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/722883161927983107

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

*his delegate :eng101:

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Wherein we enter the part of the election where the Bill Kristols and Jennifer Rubins don't even bother researching the parts where they literally can't do that

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Jeb Bush's Campaign, Once Flush With Cash, Is Now $260,000 in Debt

quote:

Jeb Bush, once considered the prohibitive front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination due to his nine-figure war chest, has now revealed that his defunct campaign is more than a quarter of a million dollars in debt.

Bush ended his campaign almost two months ago amid poor poll numbers, but the extent of its wreckage is only now becoming clear. In a filing made over the weekend, Bush revealed that his presidential campaign is more than $260,000 in debt and has just $31,000 in cash on hand. That's a stunning admission from the candidate who once sat on a pile of more than $115 million in cash, and a demonstration of just how far Bush fell.

Last April, Bush was actually worried about being seen as having too much money, and asked his super-PAC donors not to write such big checks. This April, the Bush team is just trying to keep the lights on while it finishes winding down.

As if that weren't bad enough for Bush, the biggest outstanding debt comes from a $250,000 loan issued during the campaign's dying days—by Bush himself.

Jeb's a mess. :smith:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jeb! has helped keep the laughs rolling for my because when I posted this on facebook, the best place in the whole world, someone called me out by saying, "You clearly have an aversion to people with money. That's a shame and it shapes your worldview. If you're successful, you must be evil and you must've gotten there by stepping on those less fortunate. That's a rough way to see the world." :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/CarrieNBCNews/status/722889484467965952

• Locked thread