Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Begemot posted:

Pyromancy scales off the sum of int and faith, and the soft cap for it is the same as for sorcery and miracles: 60. So you should just aim for 30/30, the extra points aren't really worth it.

So with hexes and dark spells, since they also scale off both int and faith if you have a staff/chime that scales to both, doesn't that make a pyro a good candidate for a hexer too, or is hex scaling more complicated than that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

So with hexes and dark spells, since they also scale off both int and faith if you have a staff/chime that scales to both, doesn't that make a pyro a good candidate for a hexer too, or is hex scaling more complicated than that?

pyro is the hexer class, yes

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, balanced stats with the izalith staff seems like the best for hexing.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so where's the best place for level 90 post-game PvP parties? I've seen signs in a few places but no real evidence of big parties

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so where's the best place for level 90 post-game PvP parties? I've seen signs in a few places but no real evidence of big parties

Mostly the courtyard after Pontiff, though that's more for summon dueling than invasions.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Are there any settings I might change to stave off the lovely camera controls? I'm currently up against King of the Storm/Nameless King, and much of the time I end up getting hit because one of them zooms past to instantly break lock-on before swatting me in the back. I'd have a better idea of how to respond, except that breaking the lock-on means that I can't see that target and thus am disoriented trying to reacquire them.

For the record, my settings are:
  • Auto lock-on YES
  • Auto-target YES
  • Manual attack aiming YES
  • Camera axes NORMAL
  • Reset Y-axis NO
  • Camera speed 5
  • Auto wall recovery YES
  • Cinematic effects YES

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Orv posted:

One day you'll post without being a smug, condescending shitsucker. I assume it's The First Seal.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Excrement-covered+Ashes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm really falling in love with farron flashsword, the sword bit comes out of the end of your staff, so using it with the heretics staff is like having some kind of absurd magic greatsword that swings super fast and goes through walls, grade A bullshit that I'm basically using in lieu of an actual sword.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Harrow posted:

I got summoned eight or nine times last night in Irithyll and AL at SL 60-65. In one of them, so many invaders showed up that I ended up killing five invaders in a single summoning, the last two in a two-on-one after the host and his other phantoms hosed off to go finish up Irithyll. I ended up getting a total of like 12 Proofs of a Concord Kept last night alone. I'm hoping that keeps up because one or two more nights like this and I'll have Darkmoon Blade no problem.

So it's definitely working for some people and I have no idea why I'm one of the lucky ones.

Harrow what is your Steam download region out of curiosity? After the bizarre poo poo of DS1 multi being hosed up, I'm willing to start investigating more out there theories to get bluecopping working.

StringOfLetters
Apr 2, 2007
What?
I got one Wolf Guy invasion ever. I dicked around in the swamp for about an hour at soul level 30, no bites. Does being in a certain area make you able to invade as a wolf guy or an Aldrich faithful guy? Where do the aldrich faithful even invade? I have never seen one.

Using the Red Invasion Stone, I have never not gotten a hit in seconds. As a red invader guy, I have frequently seen blue buddies show up to the party.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
does anyone have a list / happen to know all the weapons that do bonus damage to hollows?

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the princes, and figured using a bonus hollow damage weapon may help cause i figure they be hollows.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NGDBSS posted:

Are there any settings I might change to stave off the lovely camera controls? I'm currently up against King of the Storm/Nameless King, and much of the time I end up getting hit because one of them zooms past to instantly break lock-on before swatting me in the back. I'd have a better idea of how to respond, except that breaking the lock-on means that I can't see that target and thus am disoriented trying to reacquire them.

• Auto lock-on YES
  • Auto-target YES
  • Camera axes NORMAL
  • Reset Y-axis NO
  • Camera speed 5
  • Auto wall recovery YES
  • Cinematic effects YES

So far the best plan of action for phase 1 is just to not lock on.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

StringOfLetters posted:

I got one Wolf Guy invasion ever. I dicked around in the swamp for about an hour at soul level 30, no bites. Does being in a certain area make you able to invade as a wolf guy or an Aldrich faithful guy? Where do the aldrich faithful even invade? I have never seen one.

Using the Red Invasion Stone, I have never not gotten a hit in seconds. As a red invader guy, I have frequently seen blue buddies show up to the party.

From my experience, Wolf hits skyrocketed whenever I was in the general vicinity of Crucifixion Woods. No idea why, because that doesn't make sense for the invader.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok so spawning at the Farron Keep bonfire (not the Keep Ruins) if you hang a hard right out the door you eventually see 2 glowing items that are up on a rocky ledge. Any ideas how I get this?

Also: I came around the corner and saw 3 of those BIG tree-holding dudes hovering over an item and audibly said "OH ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" and then I mustered up courage and ran right through them, grabbing the item and cackling nervously as I rolled away...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Harrow what is your Steam download region out of curiosity? After the bizarre poo poo of DS1 multi being hosed up, I'm willing to start investigating more out there theories to get bluecopping working.

I'll have to check when I get home. If there's a central United States one it's probably that, though I don't know off the top of my head.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm at the lothric prince, which I assume is almost the end of the game, I've been to the optional dragon belfry dungeon, did I miss any obvious optional path?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

I'm at the lothric prince, which I assume is almost the end of the game, I've been to the optional dragon belfry dungeon, did I miss any obvious optional path?

Did you fall down the bridge in the catacombs?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Kurtofan posted:

garden of the consumed king?, smouldering lake, untended graves?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh, is the CK optional? I saw a video of that fight and it looked like prime obnoxious shitboss with its awful hit boxes, never ending moving around the map and sudden, unblockable tackle attacks so I'm glad you don't HAVE to kill him

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man, I had to uninstall this.

poo poo's way too addicting and I've got exams in a month and it was seriously eating into my studying time.

I'll join y'all in a couple of months again.

(I have zero self-control)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Calaveron posted:

Oh, is the CK optional? I saw a video of that fight and it looked like prime obnoxious shitboss with its awful hit boxes, never ending moving around the map and sudden, unblockable tackle attacks so I'm glad you don't HAVE to kill him

You're in luck, he's actually insanely easy

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Calaveron posted:

he is incredibly easy, might be the easiest non-straight up gimmick boss in the game. for me anyway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tabletops posted:

garden of the consumed king?, smouldering lake, untended graves?

I've done the consumed king's garden, I haven't done the lake or the graves.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Did you fall down the bridge in the catacombs?

Nope! Where is it?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Calaveron posted:

ck boss is super easy dont be a baby

Frankston posted:

Man, I had to uninstall this.

poo poo's way too addicting and I've got exams in a month and it was seriously eating into my studying time.

I'll join y'all in a couple of months again.

(I have zero self-control)

cool cya friend

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I almost beat CK on my first try but I wasn't expecting the goomba stomp attack which instakilled me. Second attempt I beat him easily. He's a cool and freaky fight but definitely not a hard one. Then after beating him I got to the Champ and died inside.

So he is optional but you need to kill him to unlock two optional areas. If you think CK is hard though then those areas may break your brain.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kurtofan posted:

I've done the consumed king's garden

Try critical battle
and then
illusory wall ahead

As for what's after the illusory wall, well, it's the one thing that was spoiled for me in DS3 and of course it's the one thing I wish I hadn't got spoiled on

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How do I fall off the bridge in the catacombs? I keep dying.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Try cutting.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
does anyone have a medicant staff they can spare? i can't get this drat thing to drop

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Tip for the dogs guarding the aldrich faithful: shoot one with an arrow and it'll saunter over to you alone. Trying to fight both at once is miserable

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Cut the bridge when you're on the other side then climb down it like a ladder.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kurtofan posted:

If you fall you will die. Go across the bridge fully, cut the rope so it falls, and then use the bridge itself as a ladder to climb down

Pretty loving cool. I actually tried exactly that but the prompt takes awhile to come up so I missed that it was an option for awhile.

Also making the skeletons chase you and then knocking them all down is great fun.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

So far the best plan of action for phase 1 is just to not lock on.
That's...not making things better by much, and regardless the second phase has the same issue to some degree.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Hmm, it appears half of Aldritch's attacks one shot me.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So is there any way to boost my mobility in the swamp like in Dark Souls 1?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So is there any way to boost my mobility in the swamp like in Dark Souls 1?

Equip a dagger and spam its special ability.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Any rumors of the next patch upcoming? Something in 1.04 hosed me fierce - literally every online interaction is sliding around in a T-pose now. Co-op, invade, bluecop, even bloodstains.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So up on that big wall above Farron Keep, is that big ogre's shtick basically that he grabs you and throws you off the ledge and you die and your souls are nowhere to be found?

Because FUUUUUUUUUCK him.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

I wouldn't know because pvp and co-op in BB were so rare overall :v: Played with a friend for most of the game and goons a couple times and that's it.

Considering DS3 added the whole weapon upgrade thing as a pvp limiter to avoid newbies getting ganked, I would imagine NG+ would also be a partition.

Course if they let you co-op with somebody 100 levels higher than you using a password, why not let somebody NG+ co-op with you at that point? Maybe the password isn't truly unlimited but just has a really big range of like 80 levels?

I coop with NG+ dudes on NG. Some areas (the pvp ones) are poo poo for summoning specific people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NGDBSS posted:

• Auto lock-on YES
  • Auto-target YES
  • Camera axes NORMAL
  • Reset Y-axis NO
  • Camera speed 5
  • Auto wall recovery YES
  • Cinematic effects YES

poo poo camera is a feature