Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They'll keep 1-5 but cut out 2-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nick presents every evidence to every person in the case would be one heck of a filler arc tho

Honestly, if I have one complaint with the adaptation, it's that he isn't presenting at least his badge to everyone.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Honestly, if I have one complaint with the adaptation, it's that he isn't presenting at least his badge to everyone.

To be fair, there weren't actually unique responses for the badge in the first game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not using character themes whenever they're on screen anyway so there's no point in 1-5 without consistent Swimming, Anyone?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think in one of the episodes they played the sad steel samurai theme when Nick was thinking about Maya's situation, and that bugged me because we haven't met the Steel Samurai yet, and the sad version is meant to be saved for 2-4

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I played the second and third games like five years ago and "Cornered!" is the only music I really remember anyway

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

My memory of the first game is foggy, but was it ever addressed in the games why Phoenix's evidence is instantly accepted and he isn't accused of forging it? Seeing the court sequences actually animated makes it seem really weird that Phoenix just pulls something out of his pocket and says "I found this in April's room" and everyone just takes it as the truth instantly.
I was wondering why he seems to have free access to wander wherever he likes. He just walks into April May's hotel room, Redd White's office and a crime scene like its no big deal.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is the music as good as in the first game? If not I'll be sad.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Amstrad posted:

I was wondering why he seems to have free access to wander wherever he likes. He just walks into April May's hotel room, Redd White's office and a crime scene like its no big deal.

Plot convenience, though him being allowed at the crime scene is because of Dick Gumshoes incompetence shining heroism.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

StandardVC10 posted:

I played the second and third games like five years ago and "Cornered!" is the only music I really remember anyway

it's a real YEAH, MOTHERFUCKER YEAH moment when you're playing blind and that poo poo starts up for the very first time ever in your weird anime court drama visual novel. ty for the memories, Gyakuten Saiban™

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Luceid posted:

it's a real YEAH, MOTHERFUCKER YEAH moment when you're playing blind and that poo poo starts up for the very first time ever in your weird anime court drama visual novel. ty for the memories, Gyakuten Saiban™

The music is such an integral part of why the Ace Attorney games are great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The prosecutor in the third game is beloved almost entirely for his theme song.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cornered is integral to pumping your brain full of endorphins as you tear apart a witness' testimony.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

The prosecutor in the third game is beloved almost entirely for his theme song.

I present the music as evidence, your Honor!

https://youtu.be/wGcyKEZtWuE

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Julias posted:

Plot convenience, though him being allowed at the crime scene is because of Dick Gumshoes incompetence shining heroism.

I thought that in-universe both defense and prosecuting attorneys seem to have government sanctioned investigatory roles, to the point that they are legally permitted to investigate crime scenes. I mean the 2nd Investigations game gives you perspective of other defense attorneys and it works the same for them. They even have badges.

I'm quite fond of the sixth prosecutor's theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXRZrSJd4zU

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Julias posted:

I present the music as evidence, your Honor!

https://youtu.be/wGcyKEZtWuE

If you like what you hear, you should watch an orchestra play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4C1t4eFd1w

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no Turnabout Sisters theme in this episode

e: The end got me welling up, Maya is too cute and must be protected.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 23, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Burgers.:thumbsup:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So is the anime good?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

So is the anime good?

it's ok. looks really janky at times though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

So is the anime good?

Its not great but if you like ace attornry, and you want to see it as an anime, well, here it is.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Man I thought this episode was fantastic. Redd White was spot-on and it was great to hear him voiced and see him animated and the True Story part was fantastic to see in full motion. Also I jumped out of my seat at the ending.

It's basically a supplement to the games, and if you like the games you'll love this. It's not gonna go down as the perfect adaptation or even come close to being a good substitute, but drat if it isn't fun as hell.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

celeron 300a posted:

If you like what you hear, you should watch an orchestra play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4C1t4eFd1w

See, I always preferred this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlGMVXLapPA

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The criticism for the show seems to generally fall into camps of either "fine/enjoyable" to "garbage/unwatchable" and I wonder why there's such a strong dichotomy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because people like to jump to extremes and the truth about the show is that it's not really in either of those camps. It's the epitome of average.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Fine/enjoyable doesn't seem like an extreme camp to me? Like that is what it is, its just a light fun show. It isn't that great or whatever but it does what it does.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I felt this newest episode was a little low energy and ehhhhh, but hearing the Steel Samurai theme again and seeing 1-3 characters reminded me that I still really like this universe and I'll probably be sticking around till the end.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The show is perfectly fine and IMO it's what I thought an Ace Attorney anime adaptation would turn out to be. It doesn't take any big risks in its animation or how it tells the story, but it gets a lot of the little character things done right and it has a lot of heart. It's nothing amazing, but it's a nice fun watch. The CG animated bits are visual garbage though.

The fact that it's an average/fine show is unacceptable to anime critics though so if it's not actively being amazing in some way it must be the biggest piece of poo poo and a huge disappointment because *farts*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How is it possible to do Turnabout Sisters and not play Turnabout Sisters though?

How did that happen???

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

If you want a good reason why this anime is bad then you should take a good look at this screenshot of a 16 year old girl.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I Love Annie May posted:

If you want a good reason why this anime is bad then you should take a good look at this screenshot of a 16 year old girl.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I Love Annie May posted:

Retard

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Phoenix_at_Law/status/724674333453389824

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's fine Nick, no one can read that screen.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's fine Nick, no one can read that screen.

But I can tell there's no Jojo at the top of his queue. He's doomed.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Black Stones posted:

The fact that it's an average/fine show is unacceptable to anime critics though so if it's not actively being amazing in some way it must be the biggest piece of poo poo and a huge disappointment because *farts*

If I never read the sentence "Its average/mediocre, and thats the worst thing of all," again it'll be too loving soon. I'm so sick of the Everything-Must-Be-Genius-Or-Sharknado world we live in these days.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I just got "Gatewater Hotel" :facepalm:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Considering I thought the animation was going to be absolute dogshit I'm pretty pleased with the show so far.

It's not pretty, but average is still a step up from what I was afraid of. And I never worried about the story or pacing. Ace Attorney should handle that just fine.:3:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The latest episode also perfectly captured the best part of the games, which is when you present that last piece of decisive evidence, Cornered starts playing and you just do a fist pump and go "I got you, motherfucker!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
whats your name

• Locked thread