Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

It just blows my fuckin mind that people don't remember that goons went so far and so hard personal attack wise that they got the most important people in the game to come kill them when goons at the time were .000001% the threat they are now.

It was the eve equivalent of SWAT busting down the door of a guy growing some plants in his back yard. It wasn't about the crime it was about sending a message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

mittani, is a cuck

mittani, is a fuckboi, not a fuccboi, but a fuckboi because the person saying it is incredibly pathetic with alabaster skin

It's more insulting to use "fuckboy" because they don't get the benefit of a cool respelling of the word.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Hehe yes Good Goonim. Hand over your personal details to our 'Intelligence Department' so that we can keep you safe.

http://i.imgur.com/AS2SQZX.png <- This image is really dumb.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 21, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's more insulting to use "fuckboy" because they don't get the benefit of a cool respelling of the word.

he didnt even do that, he said fuckboi

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh good garr khan is bringing his valued brand of "ironic" racism in addition to his fake posting :)

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Venom Snake posted:

It just blows my fuckin mind that people don't remember that goons went so far and so hard personal attack wise that they got the most important people in the game to come kill them when goons at the time were .000001% the threat they are now.

yeah but wasn't that actually from a sig on gf.com that was in some leaked forums screenshots? like it made fun of smoske (who was posted about on eve-o) and then it went downhill from there

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

he didnt even do that, he said fuckboi

Well then they are a fuckboy.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Hey Lex Arson told me it's okay to post alexander gianturco's face on bad kill yourself memes because he declared himself a public figure. For a second there I thought I was just being a wee bit socially maladjusted but it's all good.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/Livl68M.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

LegoMan posted:

It was the eve equivalent of SWAT busting down the door of a guy growing some plants in his back yard. It wasn't about the crime it was about sending a message.

the message we got was "lol gently caress these dudes" and then we did

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the message we got was "lol gently caress these dudes" and then we did

Was it consensual loving?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Unfunny Poster posted:

nonconsensual best sensual

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Unfunny Poster posted:

GI Joe surprise sex memorial station

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narciss posted:

Hehe yes Good Goonim. Hand over your personal details to our 'Intelligence Department' so that we can keep you safe.

do you get upset sometimes that people unironically now believe the stuff you used to troll with so you look vanilla in comparison

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Landsknecht posted:

yeah but wasn't that actually from a sig on gf.com that was in some leaked forums screenshots? like it made fun of smoske (who was posted about on eve-o) and then it went downhill from there

No. It was a sig that made fun of people using smoske as a joke.

Edit: At the time, I thought his sig was about people going all "poor smoske he was MY FAVORITE EVE PERSON OF ALL TIME" and they never had any interaction with the dude. But recently Tets posted about it and said it was making fun of people using smoske as a joke.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/BCP8Kng.webm

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hendrick, I have yet to see anything about your #madgains #fitness

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
This isn't the chill thread, right? So I'm allowed to be angry at a fatmouth no-friend Eve Online richboy using Isk he got from an out of game website to buy his way into space empire relevance?

I mean on the one hand it's funny as hell that he's basically being scammed for trillions weekly by a bunch of yuks who have no intention of sticking together. On the other it's infuriating that this edgelord thinks GSF culture circa 2008 is anything but a blight on the mere concept of good taste.

Also Digi being the big bad bogieman so many years later still makes me laugh.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

Hendrick, I have yet to see anything about your #madgains #fitness

I use 420lbs for all my weightlifting needs.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Oh. I almost forgot you were in CD for like 1 week before you burned out.

This is as accurate as the rest of your posting so sure.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I know spy chat was from a few pages ago but I have my own little story about dealing with unfounded accusations. Way back in December 2007 during the BoB invasion of Catch I was in the main GSF fleet that was fighting in whatever system was important that day. We had some moons with staging POSs as per usual and were going in and out of them around the system. Anyway I had been in Groon for about a month at that point so I was still a stupid newbie and I accidentally asked what the POS password was in local instead of gang chat. I didn't get an answer obviously and I then got the password from that proper channels.

Unfortunately I picked the absolute worst time to make that little mistake because that was the day when BoB first unveiled their POS bowling strategy where they would ram a Titan into a POS and bump out the entire fleet. They had the POS password so it wasn't an exploit. Now IIRC that had already been demonstrated prior to my gaffe, and in fact I was one of the many who died from it. But because of the intense paranoia around POS passwords someone noticed my question in local and bumped it up the chain of command. They thought that I had been the one who gave BoB the POS passwords. Suddenly VileRat himself messages Hoegardden saying that I'm a spy and and to kick me and all that. At the same time all of my Alliance privileges get taken away such as TS and forum access. So I'm freaking out because I have no idea what the gently caress is going on and then I get told I'm a spy and am about to get banned and whatnot. I wasn't feeling so good to say the least. But Hoegardden refused to kick me out of Groon once I told my side of the story. After all, the allegations against me made no sense, how could I give away the passwords when I was asking what they were since I didn't know them? No one even answered me in local.

Anyway apparently a bunch of poo poo started going on behind the scenes between Hoegardden and the GoonFleet directorate. I'm not sure how much or how serious it got since I was never privy to it. But the directorate wanted me gone and Hoegardden didn't. So for the next couple of months I remained in Groon even though I was unable to use the GF forums or teamspeak. I still went on fleets (wihch was pretty difficult to do without those resources) for the entire time including when we first started the invasion of Delve. Behind the scenes there was apparently on and off discussion about me and eventually someone in the GF directorate came out on my side (it MAY have been Darius Johnson though I really can't remember) and I got all of my access back and was completely off the hook. This was in March 08 I think and I remained in the Alliance for the rest of the year until I quit the game. I then came back when we invaded Delve again and joined GoonFleet proper.

So yeah. That was an interesting online-spaceship experience. I never had to give any real life information thankfully.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

This isn't the chill thread, right? So I'm allowed to be angry at a fatmouth no-friend Eve Online richboy using Isk he got from an out of game website to buy his way into space empire relevance?

I mean on the one hand it's funny as hell that he's basically being scammed for trillions weekly by a bunch of yuks who have no intention of sticking together. On the other it's infuriating that this edgelord thinks GSF culture circa 2008 is anything but a blight on the mere concept of good taste.

I really enjoyed the Kotaku article, because Lenny basically presented the entire 'negotiation' with Mercenary Coalition as "MC politely refuses to name a figure for invading the Imperium because at the time, it was financially irresponsible. IWI guy insists. MC names a pie-in-the-sky figure. IWI guy says 'OK'."

I mean, it obviously didn't take long for PL, NC., and the rest of EVE to smell the blood money in the water and hop on the bandwagon as well. He's not wrong in saying that the invasion will continue without his monetary support because it's reached critical mass, but he's kind of dumb if he assumes GSF disappearing from the sov map will be the 'end' to the war.

I also enjoyed the number of lines devoted to assuring everyone that IWI is 100 percent above-board.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Look at all these goons dying on that "doxxing is okay because muh spaceships" hill. :911:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I once got a scary looking message from digi. Then I read it and explained to him why I was ceo of a non cfc corp on my main while having a super in gsf on an alt and had access to fight club. He accepted my reasoning and sent me on my way to go do fun space things without even asking for as much as a real name, phone number, address, facebook account or hair/blood/stool sample! Probably because he already had them! :tinfoil: (and found I'm pretty boring irl.)

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Kimsemus posted:

Look at all these goons dying on that "doxxing is okay because muh spaceships" hill. :911:

Actually it's about ethics in gaming counter-espionage.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Kimsemus posted:

please don't d-name post ty and g*dbless

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'd anti-vouch you based on your nationality.

wait is he welsh?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One time I used some lovely free VPN program to convince an old game that had its internet servers shut down that I was actually on a LAN with a friend. I don't know poo poo about this kind of stuff and apparently I downloaded something that zombied my computer. I got a jabber message from Digi about it, and told me "Yeah I know you're not a spy, you live XXX and your name is YYY and you're working on a chemistry degree" and I was thinking "well that's kinda creepy, but I really don't do a good job of covering my google tracks, my facebook is wide open, etc". Anyway he told me to remove the program so he wouldn't get false positives or something. Anyway I didn't think much of it, since I'd always assumed the metagame involved counter-intel folks doing basic google stalking of people.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

CommonShore posted:

I was once accused of being a spy and thoroughly investigated (and exonerated) and I didn't find out about it until Kincaid told me a year later. Either counter intel's savagery is vastly overstated, or Digi buys the really expensive lube.

Same. Someone posted a chatlog from a pm I'd had in like 2013 like a year ago. Apparently they thought I was a spy but turns out I was just bad, 15, and annoying. I'd actually like to hear the full story of them investigating me

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Also my standing policy is gently caress Digi and tell him gently caress you if he tries to talk to me about things again. You guys should try it

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Syndic Thrass posted:

turns out I was just bad, 15, and annoying.

Well at least one of these has changed

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goatman Sacks posted:

One time I used some lovely free VPN program to convince an old game that had its internet servers shut down that I was actually on a LAN with a friend. I don't know poo poo about this kind of stuff and apparently I downloaded something that zombied my computer. I got a jabber message from Digi about it, and told me "Yeah I know you're not a spy, you live XXX and your name is YYY and you're working on a chemistry degree" and I was thinking "well that's kinda creepy, but I really don't do a good job of covering my google tracks, my facebook is wide open, etc". Anyway he told me to remove the program so he wouldn't get false positives or something. Anyway I didn't think much of it, since I'd always assumed the metagame involved counter-intel folks doing basic google stalking of people.

only if you're a member of the goonswarm federation online space guild imperium nullsec lowsec alliance.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 20, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Goatman Sacks posted:

im glad digi was able to verify your citizenship and you didnt get doxed :)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

really our enemies deserve no quarter, find their homes and terrorize them tioll they quit :black101:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im gonna go to graths house an tp his trees haha! its gonna be awesome

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

One time I left my car lights on at work. Digi called my boss, and he walked over and let me know what was up. I don't understand why he gets so much hate.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
(5:26:39 PM) syndic_thrass: SOMEONE GET ME MANDOZERS EMPLOYERS FAX NUMBER PLS
(5:26:47 PM) syndic_thrass: I GOT SOME DICKPICS HED LIKE TO SEE

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

really our enemies deserve no quarter, find their homes and terrorize them tioll they quit :black101:

hey lets email their bosses too to ensure they "bend the knee" :wiggle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Digi is actually a pretty cool dude from my brief interactions with him

• Locked thread