Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sticklefifer posted:

To be fair though, Mike did remind me of someone there...

I wonder what happens to Mike if you adjust your tv's time ahead two weeks 8 years. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

I hope Jimmy replaces the tape with sounds of Chuck farting.

My name is James Morgan McGill. I live in my office in Albuquerque New Mexico. This is my confession. If you're listening to this tape, I'm probably dead. Murdered, by my brother Chuck. Chuck has been building a forgery empire for over a year now, and using me as his printer. Shortly after I became a lawyer, he asked that I use my ability to enter a copy shop without having a panic attack to forge documents, which he would then use to ratfuck clients.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 20, 2016

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wonder what happens to Mike if you adjust your tv's time ahead two weeks 8 years. :iiam:

He will in fact seemingly get younger.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pretty amazing how tense Mike's scenes are despite knowing he lives.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

The true testament to the ability and talent of everyone involved, from the actors to the writers. It's so good, even though we know (almost) the end of the story. Obviously, the Gene stuff is totally up in the air, and that's incredible, but goddamn are they knocking it out of the park with the prequel stuff.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

My name is James Morgan McGill. I live in my office in Albuquerque New Mexico. This is my confession. If you're listening to this tape, I'm probably dead. Murdered, by my brother Chuck. Chuck has been building a forgery empire for over a year now, and using me as his printer. Shortly after I became a lawyer, he asked that I use my ability to enter a copy shop without having a panic attack to forge documents, which he would then use to ratfuck clients.

I would TOTALLY do this if I were running the show.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about Gale's karaoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugY6HNLOCo

Breaking Bad was one of a kind, gently caress.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Palpek posted:

Considering that some of the most important character arc developments happen in Melfi's office you night as well stop watching because what's the point. But I never understood fast-forwarding movies much less shows.

Yeah. I know a guy who fast-forwarded through "all the Skyler scenes" on Breaking Bad.

It represents a mindset that's just completely alien to me. I think I can comprehend murderers' reasons for doing what they do better than I can scene-skippers'.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm pretty terrible about predicting TV shows, so this is probably wrong, but I think I know how Fring is going to be introduced to the show next season.

Think about what we know about Fring, and the people he hires. He likes people like himself; talented, professional, ambitious and independent. We know he has connections with the local business community, so he would be aware of goings on in that arena. Like if a major law firm hosed up and pissed off their client. The first time we will see Fring in Better Call Saul, it'll be when he's hiring Kim to handle the legal side of opening a new Los Pollos Hermanos location.

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

It wasn't Fring or any of his associates in the desert; it was Badger and Skinny Pete, sent back in time by Walt to protect the timeline.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Schlonged Again posted:

It wasn't Fring or any of his associates in the desert; it was Badger and Skinny Pete, sent back in time by Walt to protect the timeline.

I think you mean Marty McFly.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Marty! The time machine is b*BURP*sted Morty! We need meth Marty, and not just any meth! The puh*beeeelch*est meth around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI&t=270s

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 20, 2016

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

It did feel tense, but I have to say it also took me out of it a bit watching him aim at all the guys when I knew only one of them was expendable. I thought he was dead for sure, so I still got tricked, but the end result being that Mike did nothing except find a note on his car is pretty anticlimactic, even if it points to something bigger.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Pfft, Full-Measure Mike would have just taken the double kill without a second thought, coolly gibbing Nacho as collateral in order to get Hector. Half-Measure Mike is a wuss in comparison.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Sinteres posted:

It did feel tense, but I have to say it also took me out of it a bit watching him aim at all the guys when I knew only one of them was expendable. I thought he was dead for sure, so I still got tricked, but the end result being that Mike did nothing except find a note on his car is pretty anticlimactic, even if it points to something bigger.

windshield note is not anticlimatic. mike just landed in a whole heap of trouble despite how careful he was being. someone is fully aware of what he's been up to and can blackmail him with that knowledge. that person may or may not also know about kaylee and mike's daughter in law. mr. note has mike by the balls and he knows it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Pfft, Full-Measure Mike would have just taken the double kill without a second thought, coolly gibbing Nacho as collateral in order to get Hector. Half-Measure Mike is a wuss in comparison.

He also would have shouted "DOUBLE KILL!" into a megaphone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cojawfee posted:

He also would have shouted "DOUBLE KILL!" into a megaphone.

Mike wasn't using the UT99 Sniper rifle with RPB rounds though. Wouldn't have worked.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
You can keel over when you're 99 giving closing arguments to judgebot 3000

Which runs on electricity

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I get the feeling that they set up the ammunition as being bad for shooting through a window exactly to create ambiguity here- is Mike not shooting to spare Nacho, or is it because he knows the ammo is too light to pierce straight through a man and reliably hit the one behind him?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

While we're waiting for the next season we can go to a cinema:

Bryan Cranston as Hank.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Condiv posted:

windshield note is not anticlimatic. mike just landed in a whole heap of trouble despite how careful he was being. someone is fully aware of what he's been up to and can blackmail him with that knowledge. that person may or may not also know about kaylee and mike's daughter in law. mr. note has mike by the balls and he knows it.

I get that the note is going to lead to future developments, but we've seen Mike plan to murder someone twice now and back out. Obviously he'll get there, but the show's teasing a lot more development than it's giving us, just as it's done with Jimmy's story. I like the show a lot, but the pace feels less deliberate to me and more stretched out. Kim's development this year was really stellar though, no complaints at all about her.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

drunken officeparty posted:

It was definitely the driver.

That's right. I thought Nacho said they already got rid of him, but that was just the good samaritan.

My guess for the tape recorder resolution: Due to being under too much tin foil and/or some convenient rustling sounds, the audio quality is too lovely to prove anything.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Blind Pineapple posted:

That's right. I thought Nacho said they already got rid of him, but that was just the good samaritan.

My guess for the tape recorder resolution: Due to being under too much tin foil and/or some convenient rustling sounds, the audio quality is too lovely to prove anything.

That would be a massive cop-out. They're not going to pull something like that. These writers are better than that.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Cnut the Great posted:

That would be a massive cop-out. They're not going to pull something like that. These writers are better than that.

He might threaten him to stop using the McGill name or something to that tune. There has to be something fairly weighty to steer him toward Saul Goodman.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm way more interested to see how Jimmy's going to react to being straight up conned by Chuck than I am to know how he gets out of being disbarred/jailed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

He might threaten him to stop using the McGill name or something to that tune. There has to be something fairly weighty to steer him toward Saul Goodman.

If he turned in the tape, it seems like Jimmy would probably have enough plausible deniability that it would be tough to convict or disbar him, but it would pretty thoroughly trash his reputation. Once his reputation is completely ruined as far as anyone legitimate is concerned, changing his name and openly being a piece of poo poo like Saul Goodman might make a lot of sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

After thinking about it, there's really no obvious candidate for someone that would be watching Mike besides Nacho. Nobody else would think of him as a person of interest.

Nacho told us that Hector Salamanca basically forgot about Mike as soon as he left with the $50,000. Unlikely that Hector would have told Gus or anyone else about Mike since it was such a minor incident. He didn't connect the truck ambush to Mike either.

There's the gun guy but again it seems really unlikely he ratted on Mike to Gus or anyone else. He's selling Mike a weapon that Mike will use to assassinate somebody; he wouldn't be in that business for long if his business model was selling out assassins.

That leaves Nacho as the obvious guy to set someone up to watch Mike, but that theory has some problems too. First, it means Nacho told someone else about Mike, and that someone else was loyal enough to Nacho not to tip off the cartel. We haven't met that guy yet, and if such a person exists, then that's who Nacho would have turned to for Tucco. Second, if Nacho was behind the note I think he would have just shot Mike and been done with it. He's been chummy with Mike but not to the point where I think he'd be fine having Mike scoping him out. Third, it's hard to see Nacho as the Gus connection because the show has presented him as somewhat of a lone wolf among the cartel guys, which wouldn't be the case if he was rolling with Gus' crew.

I think the explanation we're going to get from the show is along the lines of: Gus has already been watching Hector Salamanca because he hates the guy and is looking for an opportunity to end him. Maybe he's got somebody like Victor who is basically doing what Mike's doing. In which case they may have seen Mike doing his business long before Mike ever saw them. Gus wants personal revenge against Hector; Mike sniping him would spoil his revenge. At the same time, Gus might see Mike as an ally (the enemy of my enemy...) which would explain why he'd warn Mike off rather than kill him outright.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Gus could have someone watching Hector and other cartel people. Maybe his people see Mike pop up at various places and they make some connections and then Gus reaches out to mike via the note.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That The Ninth Layer last theory is probably The One.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 21, 2016

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Cnut the Great posted:

Yeah. I know a guy who fast-forwarded through "all the Skyler scenes" on Breaking Bad.

It represents a mindset that's just completely alien to me. I think I can comprehend murderers' reasons for doing what they do better than I can scene-skippers'.

I can sort of understand it. I fast forward stuff all the time, but only when I think it's something predictable or uninteresting, and only in stuff where I have no respect for the creators. I can only understand that mindset if that person did not value Breaking Bad as a story. Sometimes really cringe/awkward moments can make me open twitter on a different monitor or something, which is sorta on the other end of the spectrum, when something makes me feel too much, rather than too little.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can't imagine being interested enough to watch something, but not interested enough to fast forward through parts

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Megaspel posted:

I can sort of understand it. I fast forward stuff all the time, but only when I think it's something predictable or uninteresting, and only in stuff where I have no respect for the creators. I can only understand that mindset if that person did not value Breaking Bad as a story. Sometimes really cringe/awkward moments can make me open twitter on a different monitor or something, which is sorta on the other end of the spectrum, when something makes me feel too much, rather than too little.

That sucks

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
When Jimmy had a waiting room full of old people and Kim came out to see it I was wondering whether that's going to cause some angst between them since Kim will likely not be too pleased with that if she has to bring nice, uptight high-end (not old) clients in to the office.

And then when Jimmy turns the whole place into a big fake capital building with the constitution written on the wall...

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

ive read that described as 'somehow being bad at watching television'

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bleh Maestro posted:

When Jimmy had a waiting room full of old people and Kim came out to see it I was wondering whether that's going to cause some angst between them since Kim will likely not be too pleased with that if she has to bring nice, uptight high-end (not old) clients in to the office.

And then when Jimmy turns the whole place into a big fake capital building with the constitution written on the wall...

She was genuinely proud of him when she saw his commercial. I don't think it will work out if their clients are drastically different.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
The last one of these is really good: http://www.avclub.com/video/how-better-call-sauls-season-finale-brings-out-dar-235593

They are going to be doing these for Game of Thrones now.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

CubanMissile posted:

Goddamn Chuck used his brother's love for him as bait for a trap to get him arrested and disbarred. I don't think I could feel sympathy for this guy even if Jimmy did something like gently caress his wife. I hope Mike steals that lovely tape and Chuck has the most embarrassing electronic meltdown possible in the middle of the trial. Then a flash forward to the future where the firm of Ernesto and Omar dominates the ABQ legal scene by just being good dudes.

Came here to post this, especially the first part. What makes Chuck so despicable isn't his arrogance or mistreatment of Jimmy, it's that he's willing to turn Jimmy's good heart/brotherly love into a weapon. And for what? Chuck isn't getting Sandpiper back- it's purely out of revenge. Jimmy can be lovely but his goals are ultimately good. Chuck is just a vile little poo poo.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

She was genuinely proud of him when she saw his commercial.

I was too. That commercial was great

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I don't think Kim has any objection to old folks being in the office. If anything, the clientele contrast helps sell their story of why they're not one firm ("we like working together but we specialize in different fields of law" will sound better to her corporate clients than "I can't trust my good friend Jimmy not to be a loose cannon").

But she was miffed at being, at least for a moment, treated like a receptionist. Jimmy had a pretty good reason to ask her to help this time, but if it keeps happening (and it might if she doesn't get more clients), it could grow into a larger tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MkuHwpVA64

• Locked thread