Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So a new patch came out and I'm not sure what it actually did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
congrats to the mods for making a pun!!!

nothing is wrong with the F4CK. i checked the beta and everything is as good as always with bug fixing going on

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

F4CK public build will only come with steam workshop support and that's still some months away

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

flatluigi posted:

What's the story about the new thread title?

Random Mod power trip I assume, no one asked for it to be changed.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Request: Create a new status debuff titled "Mod Sass" that does not effect stats, but will kill the player if left untreated for 10 minutes x the player's charisma level. It can be cured by crafting a special grenade which when used, will knock the player unconscious for anywhere from six in-game hours to a solid month.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

LumberingTroll posted:

Random Mod power trip I assume, no one asked for it to be changed.

Bunch of threads got updated with the new thread icons from lastish month. But they all got new titles too.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ok so the patch today, they removed both current beta builds, the Survival and the closed GECK build, and merged them, you can now see the MOD interface for getting things off the Bethesda network, you can also still load local mods by adding * to the front of every line.

If you use MO2, install mods as normal, then deactivate al plugins in MO2 (except the two dlc) then open your mo plugins.txt in notepad++ mine was located in thsi directory C:\Mod Organizer\Fallout4\profiles\Modded yours will be different. but its in the profiles\[profile you are using] folder of MO2, then press CTRL+H int he find field put "^" minus the "" in the replace field put "*" then hit replace all, then remove the top 4 lines * and you are good to go, if Bethesda does not fix this, I am sure MO2 will be updated to add the * on its own.

Unlimited Breadsticks
Feb 14, 2005

it don't stop
I just jumped into FO4 modding and not too long after bashing some raider skulls in with my crowbar I get a CTD. This wasn't totally unexpected as I have a little experience with skyrim mods. I'm sure it's my load order because it's totally unorganized, but the sort button in MO2 doesn't work and LOOT won't detect anything other than Fallout4.esm. What should I be doing to get my load order stable?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Not sure on that one, Ive had problems with loot as well, the sort button in MO2 is just an old version of loot.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Unlimited Breadsticks posted:

I just jumped into FO4 modding and not too long after bashing some raider skulls in with my crowbar I get a CTD. This wasn't totally unexpected as I have a little experience with skyrim mods. I'm sure it's my load order because it's totally unorganized, but the sort button in MO2 doesn't work and LOOT won't detect anything other than Fallout4.esm. What should I be doing to get my load order stable?

Is it crashing in the same place repeatedly, or after a similar amount of time playing?

If it's an unpredictable crash that happens less often than once an hour, welcome to Bethesda, where it "Just Doesn't Works"! It may be caused by a mod, or it may be just random instabilities in an open world game designed by people who thought it was a good idea to combine melee attack & grenade throw keys.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Nevets posted:

If it's an unpredictable crash that happens less often than once an hour, welcome to Bethesda, where it "Just Doesn't Works"! It may be caused by a mod, or it may be just random instabilities in an open world game designed by people who thought it was a good idea to combine melee attack & grenade throw keys.

You should probably go out side.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pmchem posted:

hmm, I'll say what I will: Arthmoor seems to have no interest in getting bugs fixed upstream by Bethesda, and that is a detriment to the community and FO4 in general. Check out his thread here, which I posted in: https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3078

He absolutely incredulously states that: "As far as I can remember, there's never been a proper official channel to submit bug reports. People have used the Tech Support links in the past, but those were never intended for that purpose." Yet, staring us in the face is: https://help.bethesda.net/app/fallout_feedback which walks, talks, and even barks like a place to submit official bug reports. If he's not reporting things fixed in his unofficial patch through that (or other channels) to Bethesda, it's a real disservice to players. I don't want to be reliant on his mod to fix bugs in the game, and sometimes Bethesda may just be unaware of them.

If anyone sees things that are matters of style and not bugs, or is concerned about the way Arthmoor goes about things, I'd encourage you to actively post in his threads. If nobody challenges his view things will never change. I think in past games he's adjusted unofficial patch content based on forum feeeback.

Also, please report actual bugs you encounter through: https://help.bethesda.net/app/fallout_feedback -- even if they're already "fixed" in the unofficial patch.

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3750-wipz-tes5edit/page-58#entry160229

^here's where he suspects something is a bug and expresses intent to report it on a private bug forum, probably for the beta.

Tinfoil hats off.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I jsut did some testing with MO2 and the New patch, we dont need to use the astriks, there is something int he new INI that allows the game to load mods now, so what I did was copy over the new (now official standard) ini to MO2, then put these lines in

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and I was able to load mods just fine. This is for both esp and esm files. I am not sure what the change in the ini is at this point but without it, the old ini in MO2 will not allow mods to load.

Also UI mods still seem to cause the game to crash, dont know what they changed in the UI system yet either.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LumberingTroll posted:

I jsut did some testing with MO2 and the New patch, we dont need to use the astriks, there is something int he new INI that allows the game to load mods now, so what I did was copy over the new (now official standard) ini to MO2, then put these lines in

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and I was able to load mods just fine. This is for both esp and esm files. I am not sure what the change in the ini is at this point but without it, the old ini in MO2 will not allow mods to load.

Also UI mods still seem to cause the game to crash, dont know what they changed in the UI system yet either.

There has been an update for DEF_UI for 1.5.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

Unless I'm completely nuts, it's probably new icons/UI elements that have been added that the UI mods haven't yet been able to accommodate in an update. The same thing happened with Automatron's icon for the Mechanist's hideout after you finish the final mission. If you stepped in-range of the icon appearing on the radar while using a UI mod, it would crash the game.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gonkish posted:

Unless I'm completely nuts, it's probably new icons/UI elements that have been added that the UI mods haven't yet been able to accommodate in an update. The same thing happened with Automatron's icon for the Mechanist's hideout after you finish the final mission. If you stepped in-range of the icon appearing on the radar while using a UI mod, it would crash the game.

I know there's other UI elements added in Automatron and Survival that don't work properly with UI mods, but they don't crash it. The icons definitely crash it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

LumberingTroll posted:

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Which ini though? There are several and after I got the patch and re-opted into the beta none are dated today to tell me which is new.

e: I compared fallout4 and fallout4prefs in my documents>my games>fallout 4 folder to what's in MO2 and they're identical except for the lines you have to add to the first one to enable mods, so...?

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 20, 2016

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Fallout4.ini you need to run the base launcher for it to update.

Now im getting an issue with my mods loading though MO2 again, not sure what I did differently, looking into it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Unlimited Breadsticks posted:

Get the option version in nexus, the MO guy got in touch with the LOOT guy and they got a version working for MO2A4

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5310/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5310&pUp=1

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

boneration posted:

Mine look like they're holding guns, but they aren't. Their fingers are contorted around an invisible pistol held at crotch level.

Yup, mine look like they are just miming holding a pistol at their crotch.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bholder posted:

So a new patch came out and I'm not sure what it actually did.

It fixed the workshop parent quest. I don't know what else.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Midnight Voyager posted:

It fixed the workshop parent quest. I don't know what else.

The what quest?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

boneration posted:

The what quest?

It's technical. Not like an actual quest, the quest that handles workshop behavior.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12217/

PS: gently caress YOU BETHESDA I SPENT LIKE HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WENT WRONG AND IT'S SOMETHING YOU DID

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11944/ <-seems to have fixed this bug though

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 21, 2016

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Patch notes here.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

They are also on the steam community hub under news, where they always post them.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Wait so survival is live now?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

LumberingTroll posted:

Fallout4.ini you need to run the base launcher for it to update.

Now im getting an issue with my mods loading though MO2 again, not sure what I did differently, looking into it.

Launched it through Steam and

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
https://community.bethesda.net/thread/3078?start=0&tstart=0

sorry art.(bottom of second page)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's technical. Not like an actual quest, the quest that handles workshop behavior.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12217/

PS: gently caress YOU BETHESDA I SPENT LIKE HOURS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WENT WRONG AND IT'S SOMETHING YOU DID

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11944/ <-seems to have fixed this bug though

And the latest hotfix fixed THAT bug too.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

Get the option version in nexus, the MO guy got in touch with the LOOT guy and they got a version working for MO2A4

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5310/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D5310&pUp=1

Any idea why Loot crashes when I click on sort plugins? It only does that with MO and I'm about to ditch it and go back to NMM. I have the 294 snapshot, I can see all my installed mods but sorting always crashes the damned thing.

Burretploof
Oct 23, 2015

Why am I next to this post

boneration posted:

Wait so survival is live now?

No, the current live version does not yet include the survival update.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Sensenmann posted:

Any idea why Loot crashes when I click on sort plugins? It only does that with MO and I'm about to ditch it and go back to NMM. I have the 294 snapshot, I can see all my installed mods but sorting always crashes the damned thing.

When it does this, go into MO options, on the last tab click on the button that says "Back Date BSAs" then run loot again.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

When it does this, go into MO options, on the last tab click on the button that says "Back Date BSAs" then run loot again.

Tried it, didn't work. When I click on it I get an error telling me that helper.exe could not be found in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Fallout 4

No surprise here, MO2 is installed on the D drive, paths are set up correctly. Copying the file from D to C didn't work, side-load error.

Did a fresh install of MO2. And loot.
Deleted the MO and Loot folders from the appdata folder so nothing old gets used.
Started MO, changed the paths to use the D drive instead of C.
Added loot, executable and work directory, start loot:

usvfs-proxy has stopped working.

Running the actual game through MO2 works but since everything else refuses to work I'll go back to NMM until MO2 is actually useable without hours of troubleshooting. MO1 never gave me any problems, MO2 is the complete opposite. :)

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any idea why MO2 refuses to acknowledge that I have fallout 4 installed?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The only thing mo had over the nexus mo was the virtualisation, as the nexus mo has had that for a few iterations, I just stick with the "other" glitchy mod manager from nexus.
otoh I have reached my 255 mod limit, so now I am crunching weapon mods together with xedit

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

staberind posted:

The only thing mo had over the nexus mo was the virtualisation, as the nexus mo has had that for a few iterations, I just stick with the "other" glitchy mod manager from nexus.
otoh I have reached my 255 mod limit, so now I am crunching weapon mods together with xedit

I hadn't heard about this so I did some digging. Seems like NMM does support virtual mod installations as of their Sept. 2015 release (and you had to reinstall everything if you were already using it before that update), but the main difference being that NMM creates static links that persist even after NMM is closed while MO generates them at runtime when launching your game/tools through it. NMM's method results in some messiness, especially if you're in the habit of switching profiles regularly, and I'm not sure what happens if your NMM profile gets corrupted or something and you have this giant pile of hardlinks. MO still has the advantage of being able to set more fine-grained load order priorities.

My overall impression is that NMM is now only one generation behind MO instead of two. Does NMM still take ages to open? I remember that being frustrating when I last used it, but that was way back before MO existed so they should have improved on that by now.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!

isndl posted:

I hadn't heard about this so I did some digging. Seems like NMM does support virtual mod installations as of their Sept. 2015 release (and you had to reinstall everything if you were already using it before that update), but the main difference being that NMM creates static links that persist even after NMM is closed while MO generates them at runtime when launching your game/tools through it. NMM's method results in some messiness, especially if you're in the habit of switching profiles regularly, and I'm not sure what happens if your NMM profile gets corrupted or something and you have this giant pile of hardlinks. MO still has the advantage of being able to set more fine-grained load order priorities.

My overall impression is that NMM is now only one generation behind MO instead of two. Does NMM still take ages to open? I remember that being frustrating when I last used it, but that was way back before MO existed so they should have improved on that by now.

Loads lickety split for me. I'm having a really smooth time with NMM this time round.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

JOHN H. TESTMAN FIGHTS FOR YOU!

Two handed version being added soon. Spec maps still hosed up. Metal looks like poo poo. Working on it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

A twine or leather wrap would work better than three aluminium straps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

strong bird posted:

A twine or leather wrap would work better than three aluminium straps

Or proper duct tape

• Locked thread