Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
Is there some dark souls community more that you shouldn't use estus in PvP? I just had my first hostile invasion (Look, I spend very little time ember'd :ghost:) and after we traded blows and I drank a few times he stepped back and chugged all his flasks at once and did a gesture.

If that's the case gently caress social etiquette, you lot are interrupting my carebear souls with your invasions and I will surviiiiiiiiive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Melanion posted:

Is there some dark souls community more that you shouldn't use estus in PvP? I just had my first hostile invasion (Look, I spend very little time ember'd :ghost:) and after we traded blows and I drank a few times he stepped back and chugged all his flasks at once and did a gesture.

If that's the case gently caress social etiquette, you lot are interrupting my carebear souls with your invasions and I will surviiiiiiiiive

If someone invades your game wo permission all bets are off. Do what you gotta do

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
My character finally came into their own with a +8 chaos infused Astora Greatsword, flinging dark and chaos fireballs everywhere. My dancer fight was backpedaling for a little while and blowing her up in half a dozen shots. I've been getting invaded more and I just kill them during the super armor of my greatsword swings and if they roll away they eat a fireball.

I still die in 2 hits. RIP 60k souls I left in the king's garden

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

everyone that has invaded me has healed, but frankly you should just do what you want because who cares what they think

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I'mma do as I like regardless, I only wondered if it was an established thing in the community or just salt from this particular phantom. I'm new to the souls series.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Didn't find patches, didn't find siegward, gently caress this game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm sure there's a group for every souls game that has felt that way, yea. turbonerds are forever, my friend

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i want bloodborne 2 in the worst way.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And I loving bet I'll also miss out on the pyromancer that teaches me dark pyromancy because why the gently caress not.
Just beat Wolnir, have the doll. Please say I'm wrong.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

And I loving bet I'll also miss out on the pyromancer that teaches me dark pyromancy because why the gently caress not.

that teacher is later

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Calaveron posted:

You're wrong.

She's a witch locked deep in Ithyrill dungeon

edit: and also probably easier to miss than the first 2 guys you mentioned

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

whenever i talk to the firekeeper at the shrine she is all "hey what's the deal with ludleth, does he have a SECRET that we firekeepers should know about?" and i have zero idea what i'm meant to do about this. ludleth is sitting on his throne being a jolly little poo poo as always and his dialogue hasn't changed at all.

what am i meant to do with this? is she just alluding to his transposition skills?

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Genocyber posted:

I mean they pretty much do, if you run past the dragon.

I meant the first but only the first, sorry.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

alf_pogs posted:

whenever i talk to the firekeeper at the shrine she is all "hey what's the deal with ludleth, does he have a SECRET that we firekeepers should know about?" and i have zero idea what i'm meant to do about this. ludleth is sitting on his throne being a jolly little poo poo as always and his dialogue hasn't changed at all.

what am i meant to do with this? is she just alluding to his transposition skills?

If you explore thoroughly in the late game you'll find a place called Untended Graves. Go all the way through it and you will find some ~~stuff~~

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fuligin posted:

If you explore thoroughly in the late game you'll find a place called Untended Graves. Go all the way through it and you will find some ~~stuff~~

oh cool; i just hit that area now and it's SUPER MYSTERIOUS so i'll continue. thanks!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Calaveron posted:

didn't find siegward

How did you manage this? He comes up right in front of you on an elevator that you have to take if you want to go to the Crucifixion Woods. Is there some other way into the woods I didn't know about?

Groovelord Neato posted:

i want bloodborne 2 in the worst way.

:same:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/EnchantedHiddenCanvasback.webm

Also if you think the run-up to the final room of Lothric Castle is unfair please consider the following.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

People who use red summon signs to 1v1 tend to go without estus, but during invasions any etiquette goes out the window. gently caress invaders who expect honor duels.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Solomonic posted:

How did you manage this? He comes up right in front of you on an elevator that you have to take if you want to go to the Crucifixion Woods. Is there some other way into the woods I didn't know about?

:same:

After that, you're supposed to find him near the Cleansing Chapel stuck in a well, and later on run into Patches who tries to trap you like he always does and then you buy Sieg's armor off of him and give it back and then that continues that questline and Patches becomes a merchant for a while in Firelink, except neither ever showed up and I already killed the Deacons so I guess that questline is hosed

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Solomonic posted:

I talked to him when he came up, I went down, died to the knight, and when I came back I rode the elevator up this time, all the while hearing him go HMM HMMM HMMM but I never saw him. Talked to the giant, rode the elevator back down to more HMM HMM HMM and that was that, never saw him again.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Melanion posted:

Healing isn't really cool in honor duels, but it takes two people to honor duel.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

After that, you're supposed to find him near the Cleansing Chapel stuck in a well, and later on run into Patches who tries to trap you like he always does and then you buy Sieg's armor off of him and give it back and then that continues that questline and Patches becomes a merchant for a while in Firelink, except neither ever showed up and I already killed the Deacons so I guess that questline is hosed

did you help him kill the fire demon in the undead settlement? also, he only appears in the well once you open the blue doors across from rosaria's chamber, according to the wiki

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Every single invasion I attempt is one of the following:

- A 3v1 gangbang where I die in 5 seconds and everyone involved gestures as if they have mad skills
- I spawn in to immediately see the message that the host has challenged the boss
- I find the host and they run full tilt to the boss door rather than fight me

I'm having so much fun. :nallears:

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
i dont make a stink about it, but if i invade/am invaded and notice they get low and don't use estus then i'll do the same courtesy if they turn it around. ppl that constantly roll/run away+heal (as invader or invadee) can drag things out to a ridiculous degree

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I tend to go without estus in pvp fights just because it's a fun challenge but if I see my opponent drink one I'll just drink one too and get on with it, it's not a big deal, that guy you fought was a baby.

Mimingless
Nov 23, 2007
Oh no, I have a self-esteem issue

Calaveron posted:

Maybe not. I too killed the Deacons before meeting either of them in the Cathedral, but Siegward turned up in the well anyway as I was leaving. I couldn't get Patches to show up in the Cathedral at all, but instead he trapped me in the elevator room before the Firekeeper's Soul in Firelink on my way down. After that I was able to buy Siegward's armor and save him anyway.

Manatee Cannon posted:

did you help him kill the fire demon in the undead settlement? also, he only appears in the well once you open the blue doors across from rosaria's chamber, according to the wiki

You don't need to do that, a friend of mine completely skipped doing that part and found him in the well anyway.

Edit: And by "that" I mean the demon fight. I think he did open the doors.

Mimingless fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 21, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bugblatter posted:

People who use red summon signs to 1v1 tend to go without estus, but during invasions any etiquette goes out the window. gently caress invaders who expect honor duels.

*hides behind mobs*

"Y u chug fagit :qq:"

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Melanion posted:

If you get invaded, do what you gotta do. PVP summons are a little more cordial.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Every single invasion I attempt is one of the following:

- A 3v1 gangbang where I die in 5 seconds and everyone involved gestures as if they have mad skills
- I spawn in to immediately see the message that the host has challenged the boss
- I find the host and they run full tilt to the boss door rather than fight me

I'm having so much fun. :nallears:

I think the only time I've seen a fight club go is the top of the tower above the poison swamp why can't I fucjing remember the name of anything

It's the tower with he elevator next to the wolf leading to the beast at the top

Where's the iron keep of dark souls 3?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mimingless posted:

Maybe not. I too killed the Deacons before meeting either of them in the Cathedral, but Siegward turned up in the well anyway as I was leaving. I couldn't get Patches to show up in the Cathedral at all, but instead he trapped me in the elevator room before the Firekeeper's Soul in Firelink on my way down. After that I was able to buy Siegward's armor and save him anyway.

You don't need to do that, a friend of mine completely skipped doing that part and found him in the well anyway.

Edit: And by "that" I mean the demon fight. I think he did open the doors.

ah, I wasn't sure about that one but I know I did it so I brought it up, since I did complete his quest no problem. also I did the same thing as you in regards to the cathedral

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A couple of days (and thousands upon thousands of posts)ago, someone posted some port forwards to use if you're having trouble getting summoned as a bluecop or dogbro. I tried them, and I did not get any summons at all. Additionally, any game I was summoned into the players slid around with no animations. They were attacking and such, but no animations were firing, just them floating around in reference pose. That went away as soon as I removed the port forwards. So I guess best of luck to anyone else having trouble.

e: speaking of invasion, I prefer to clear out an area so it doesn't matter where my souls end up, then go invading. You have half your maximum flasks as a phantom, rather than your current total, so it's fine if I burn some up clearing mobs. Invasions are very deliberately stacked against the invader, any of that honabaru duel bullshit is dumb. I'm going to drag you into mobs and poo poo, you're going to summon endless phantoms to save you and I'm going to murder them, we're all going to chug estus. It'll be fun.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 21, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Reached the final battle in NG+ but I'm going back to do Archdragon first. I get up to the Wyvern, run past everything, get to the pedestal and plunge down on his head. The event didn't trigger and it was only a regular attack dealing 56 damage to the dragon and fatal damage to myself.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Calaveron posted:

Oh I thought you meant you never encountered him at all, which would've been fuckin bizarre

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Artorias' armor is really disappointing looking

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

codo27 posted:

Reached the final battle in NG+ but I'm going back to do Archdragon first. I get up to the Wyvern, run past everything, get to the pedestal and plunge down on his head. The event didn't trigger and it was only a regular attack dealing 56 damage to the dragon and fatal damage to myself.

if it makes you feel better, when I fought the wyvern I realized it was probably a gimmick fight but was too lazy to try and figure it out so I just plinked him to death with my anri's straight sword. it took a long time and he almost knocked me into a death pit once, but funnily enough I landed on a ledge right next to a ring. I'd probably never have found it otherwise, so thanks dragon!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

They kinda dropped the ball with npc dialog in this game

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I parried sulyvagnhn twice in a row! :dance:

I mean I died in the end but this is huge for me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

slev posted:

Make sure you talk to every NPC, they have neat stuff to say!

*repeats the same two sentences of dialogue for 20 hours*

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I know SOME of you must use Ornstein's Dragonslayer Spear, so how is it? I don't have enough Twinkling Titanite yet to upgrade it all the way, which was partly the reason why I was cooping the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

slev posted:

There isn't anywhere near enough pointless laughing

I remember the first time I met Oswald and his laughter scared the poo poo out of me, so good