Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

So none.

Quake, Deathlokk, Absorbing Man, Hive. Ive only been into comics for a couple years but I know all these characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Also Axegun. The last true American hero.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

So none.

Al Mackenzie (Mac) is based on the comics.

Daisy Johnson/Quake.

Absorbing Man was in an episode or two this season and was in several in season 2.

Deathlok has been around since season 1.

Lash

Hive

Glenn Talbott

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Tallest midget

Essentially. And notice how that list glaringly excludes iZombie which is far and away the best comic book television show we've ever had.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No, that would be Batman '66. That's the pinnacle of comic related media period. Movie, television show, cartoon, whatever. The only thing that comes close are the Fleischer Superman cartoons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was better when it was Veronica Mars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

No, that would be Batman '66. That's the pinnacle of comic related media period. Movie, television show, cartoon, whatever. The only thing that comes close are the Fleischer Superman cartoons.

You're getting nostalgia in your eyes. B'66 is vastly overrated.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Rhyno posted:

As someone watching it right this second, you are getting shitposting in your eyes. Batman 66 is great.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Lurdiak posted:

What superheroes does it feature?

Former Avenger Quake.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

Third would be the DCAU I assume?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I challenge you to a surfing contest!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Catching up on Gotham and holy poo poo did young Bruce Wayne have a growth spurt. He's eye to eye with Gordan now.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rhyno posted:

Essentially. And notice how that list glaringly excludes iZombie which is far and away the best comic book television show we've ever had.

Izombie is great, but it's not a superhero show. Ok, it was that one time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JT Smiley posted:

Izombie is great, but it's not a superhero show. Ok, it was that one time.

Neither is Gotham or AoS.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I didn't include it because it's not on a network, and also I haven't seen it because I am so sick of zombies at this point unless its Shaun of the dead or the first 3 Romero films.

And I'd consider Gotham to be a Superhero show because it has Batman, just teenage Batman. I was defining Superhero show as in "does it feature characters who are considered Superheroes in comics". So iZombie would still not make it on the list, nor would Preacher if it was on already. Powers may have gotten on there, if anyone cared about Powers.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
iZombie has both heroes and villains with superpowers.

Gotham has uh... Mr. Freeze?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's not on a network? What? It's on the same network as Flash and Arrow.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It was so ahead of its time. Witty, funny. The closest modern example I can think of is The Tick. And there is no nostalgia, I didn't see it (the show, not the movie) until I was in college. What do you find so vast about its overrated-ness?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

By these metrics the most successful superhero show on TV is The Walking Dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Get the hell out of here with your facts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

notthegoatseguy posted:

Al Mackenzie (Mac) is based on the comics.

Daisy Johnson/Quake.

Absorbing Man was in an episode or two this season and was in several in season 2.

Deathlok has been around since season 1.

Lash

Hive

Glenn Talbott

Any of 'em have superhero costumes? Cuz otherwise they're just dudes with powers in my book.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So there's only 2 Avengers that are superheroes?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Clothes make the (Super)Man

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quake and Mockingbird have different uniforms than the others, Turdiak!!!

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 21, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's not how my name is spelled.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lurdiak posted:

That's not how my name is spelled.

Deathlok also has a costume.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Laser tag Deathlok should bar AoS from being "the best" of anything outside of best at terrible character design.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Laser tag Deathlok should bar AoS from being "the best" of anything outside of best at terrible character design.

They made him much better when they brought him back after the first season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

It is? I've just seen it on streaming services, never actually on tv. But then I live in Canada where the CW doesn't exist.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It is? I've just seen it on streaming services, never actually on tv. But then I live in Canada where the CW doesn't exist.

If screengrabs tell me anything you watch the CW on MyCity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

If screengrabs tell me anything you watch the CW on MyCity.

CTV actually. Actually, they have all the CW shows, plus AoS and Gotham.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

twistedmentat posted:

It's on City TV in Canada

edit: Apparently according to the internets it's exclusively on Shomi (which is like Canadian Netflix). Could have sworn it was on City TV.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 21, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Madkal posted:

edit: Apparently according to the internets it's exclusively on Shomi (which is like Canadian Netflix). Could have sworn it was on City TV.

Exactly, that's why I thought it was not on a network. Shomi comes with my internet, and its pretty good, it fills in a lot of gaps with older movies that netflix lacks. I may have to check out iZombie if its that good, just it isn't a standard zombie thing is it? Like hordes of zombies and people running around arguing about who's the leader while they all die?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's a show about a snarky girl who does detective work, created by Veronica Mars' Rob Thomas. She happens to be undead but the world is otherwise just like our own.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

iZombie is great and I really should get caught up with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

iZombie is great and I really should get caught up with it.

I think I get it now. iZombie is so much better than the other comic book shows that it straight up ruins the curve. That's why it "doesn't count."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

Exactly, that's why I thought it was not on a network. Shomi comes with my internet, and its pretty good, it fills in a lot of gaps with older movies that netflix lacks. I may have to check out iZombie if its that good, just it isn't a standard zombie thing is it? Like hordes of zombies and people running around arguing about who's the leader while they all die?

It's not like that at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Krypton got a pilot order

https://deadline.com/2016/04/superman-prequel-krypton-syfy-pilot-order-david-goyer-showrunner-director-1201741635/

When this was first announced I made a guess that the lead character will space/time jump to modern day Earth to save on sets. Doubling down on that bet.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Haven't watched it myself but I assume iZombie is very good because it completely disregards the source the material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

City TV yeah, that's what I was thinking of.