Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So how is Morde/Taric as bot lane?
garbage because mordekaiser is so bad now that i would literally rather have an empty lane on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
top lane taric is absolutely insanely good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Crystal Geometry posted:

Vlad's E can also slow now, his Q can give him movespeed, and he doesn't have to first-item spellvamp anymore. Obviously numbers will determine everything but this seems like some massive Vlad buffs.

This is good cause Vlads one of those champs I've been wanting to play more but whenever I get Top I always end up playing something else.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Kashuno posted:

top lane taric is absolutely insanely good.

He's really good in the jungle too. E base damage if you max it is powerful

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
More formal trip report: Brough Grasp of the Undying and went up against a mostly AP comp. This made it a bit difficult to really build armor, although ice fist was a second item after spirit visage. Taric's solo laning is much better than I expected. self w, double tap, q, double tap does a good amount of damage, and the stun feels perfect for closing gaps. We had a nocturne jungler which made it even better because if they wanted to gank it was easy to land stuns and slap around the opposing chogath. Once laning ends, you just become a total shitlord as a tank with serious gold and the ability to double cast your abilities. It's hard to die when you can poo poo out shields, stuns, and small heals every few seconds. Also you have a huge advantage if your team has an engage support, then congrats you just won the game without even trying

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I vote any of the band names as new thread title.

Re: taric, I haven't managed to get him yet, he's always gone in the first rotation. However, playing against him (and purely anecdotally) he seems strong, at least post-laning .

Part of that may have been that both times I've been fiddlesticks, whose crowstorm gets wrecked by his ult (until I figured out i had to fear him rather than a priority target) but still, he was loving impossible to kill, despite me being fed and him stacking armor. I think im going to ban him for now unless I can pay him. Definitely seems like a marked improvement over his old kit.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's good that they are finally nerfing AD itemization with the mage update, Mercurial removing everything nullified most debuff based champs and ults while also having absurdly good combat stats and enough sustain in maw and mercurial to just let them auto attack back to full before the mages cooldowns came up again, Maw and gage no longer being compatible means that guys like Graves can't have the equivalent of a automatic janna and morgana backing him up with shields.

I'd like to see them still rework cinderhulk, the recent sunfire buff really points out how weak it is with half the damage and no armor, it should tell you something when every tanky magic jungler that scales off health is having more success going runic echo into tanky instead of cinderhulk, even after the nerf to runic.

Even on sion jungle, I'm going warrior enchant because cinder is rear end.

I'd like to see Cinderhulk turn into something that helps speed up pure tank clears and does something for their CDR/Mana problems.
Harder to find decent CDR items on a tank with frozen heart forgotten about and frozen fist getting a nerf, which everyone is still probably going to build because there is very little tanky CDR itemization that isn't support.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 21, 2016

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I had a lot of fun playing League of Legends tonight.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's good that they are finally nerfing AD itemization with the mage update, Mercurial removing everything nullified most debuff based champs and ults while also having absurdly good combat stats and enough sustain in maw and mercurial to just let them auto attack back to full before the mages cooldowns came up again, Maw and gage no longer being compatible means that guys like Graves can't have the equivalent of a automatic janna and morgana backing him up with shields.

I'd like to see them still rework cinderhulk, the recent sunfire buff really points out how weak it is with half the damage and no armor, it should tell you something when every tanky magic jungler that scales off health is having more success going runic echo into tanky instead of cinderhulk, even after the nerf to runic.

Even on sion jungle, I'm going warrior enchant because cinder is rear end.

I'd like to see Cinderhulk turn into something that helps speed up pure tank clears and does something for their CDR/Mana problems.
Harder to find decent CDR items on a tank with frozen heart forgotten about and frozen fist getting a nerf, which everyone is still probably going to build because there is very little tanky CDR itemization that isn't support.

Being the unobservant gently caress I am I didn't notice the massive gap in Cinder and Sunfire till last night. Now my Volibear jungle build is cutting out the cinder in place of Warrior; hell it even gives CDR which is what the bear loves almost as much as HP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Its a real shame that health stacking tanks are having such huge holes in itemization at the mo-hahahahaha

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Gridlocked posted:

Being the unobservant gently caress I am I didn't notice the massive gap in Cinder and Sunfire till last night. Now my Volibear jungle build is cutting out the cinder in place of Warrior; hell it even gives CDR which is what the bear loves almost as much as HP.

Honestly if you're going with that train of thought you could just skip the enchant because it doesn't actually affect the jungle specific passives and build towards more useful items for Voli like boots 2 and Deadman's Plate to improve your ganks.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ristolaz posted:

I had a lot of fun playing League of Legends tonight.

Same except the opposite

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Ran into a Janna Tahm Nidalee Malz and ezreal team in rank tonight, hoo boy that was a Fun Game let me tell you

Darth Windu fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 21, 2016

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Darth Windu posted:

Ran into a Janna Tahm Nidalee Malz and Sivir team in rank tonight, hoo boy that was a Fun Game let me tell you

Lifehack: Be really bad at the game so your opponents are also bad

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ristolaz posted:

Lifehack: Be really bad at the game so your opponents are also bad

I did most of my placements high and now I'm bronze 2 idk what you want from me. That whole team would've won if they were bronze 5, all they had to do was press buttons to completely nullify any possible engage

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

I did most of my placements high
oh gowby

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't know what any of the items, champions, objectives, are, in this game now. Also champ select was replaced with a big ball that gives you no information, after games you randomly get trinkets that I don't know what they do, etc.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Sorry. I'm weak

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't know what any of the items, champions, objectives, are, in this game now. Also champ select was replaced with a big ball that gives you no information, after games you randomly get trinkets that I don't know what they do, etc.

Welcome back kevenator

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm just here to check out the Taric rework.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm just here to check out the Taric rework.

It's really good, you can probably just watch it when the Teenage Sexy Monsters or cloudy with a chance of nines or whatever cool pro teams you follow use him

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That's like a month away.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I got a DJ sona skin shard out of a chest just now. This thing takes 2950 orange essence to unlock...that's so much essence.
For reference, i have skins shards for Demonblade Trynd, High Noon Jhin, and Reindeer Kog. Disenchanting all of them wont even be half the amount i need :negative:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I disenchanted it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

anti-magic posted:

Honestly if you're going with that train of thought you could just skip the enchant because it doesn't actually affect the jungle specific passives and build towards more useful items for Voli like boots 2 and Deadman's Plate to improve your ganks.

That isn't actually too bad a train of thought. I already hold off on upgrading the 2 items into the Stalkers/Trackers before I get a Cinder just because the cinder improves clear times AND damage; far better then the slowing smite would unless my team lacks a hard stun top or mid in which case i kinda need that slow.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Taric rework is loving glorious. All Hail Taric. I'm absolutely going to try him with mordekaiser, as we've been enjoying great success with morde/leo into the right comp

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yorick is... good.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Really enjoying the Taric rework. I have a feeling I know the answer, but is this the end of AD Mazahar?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Really enjoying the Taric rework. I have a feeling I know the answer, but is this the end of AD Mazahar?

his voidlings have 40% AD scaling so prob not

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Well here's hoping they still inherit his ArPen too.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kokoro Wish posted:

Well here's hoping they still inherit his ArPen too.
Assuming they still deal physical damage in the update, they'll still benefit from Malzahar's armor penetration since they are a physical damage source controlled/owned by him. They don't currently 'inherit' armor penetration, they simply benefit from their source champ's stat (similar to Annie and Tibbers).

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Niiiice, looks like I'm keeping those rune and mastery pages.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

AD Malz as a jungler looks like he may even be stronger, since the summon voidling skill basically just summons 3 in the jungle unless I'm reading it wrong.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Assuming they still deal physical damage in the update, they'll still benefit from Malzahar's armor penetration since they are a physical damage source controlled/owned by him. They don't currently 'inherit' armor penetration, they simply benefit from their source champ's stat (similar to Annie and Tibbers).

Re:

pbe posted:

[NEW] Void Swarm (W)
60 Mana
18 sec Cooldown
"Summon a Voidling lasting 12 seconds to fight nearby enemies.
The first time a Voidling attacks a champion, large monster, or epic monster, or assists in killing a unit, Malzahar spawns a new Voidling with the same remaining duration. When 3 or more Voidlings are active, they all gain 100% Attack Speed.
Voidling Details:
--Attacks deal [40% AD] physical damage plus 8/11/14/17/20 [+0.05 AP] magic damage
--Deals triple damage to lane minions below 25% Health
--Will not spawn from a Voidling with less than 4 seconds left
--Prefers to attack targets with Nether Grasp or Malefic Visions and has 100% increased Movement Speed when seeking these targets
--Otherwise attacks the enemy nearest it"

They do in fact get AD from Malz.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Individual Voidlings will be weaker (they used to gain 100% bonus AD, currently on PBE they get 40% total), but you'll almost certainly have more out at a time.

E: Also it seems that Voidlings no longer have any base ad themselves, instead purely getting it from Malz? That seems odd, not sure if the AP scaling will be enough to make up for that.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 21, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
graves doesn't really feel any weaker. its good, graves freelo train continues unimpeded

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

They do in fact get AD from Malz.
Attack Damage is in fact not armor penetration. Attempting to one-up someone and failing is in fact what this thread is about.

Killed By Death posted:

Individual Voidlings will be weaker (they used to gain 100% bonus AD, currently on PBE they get 40% total), but you'll almost certainly have more out at a time.

code:
Old Malzahar Voidlings                   | New Malzahar Voidlings
                                         |
Bases
20+5 AD per level base                   | 0.4 total AD (22-42) + 0.05 total AP base
+100% bonus AD ratio                     | +8-20 bonus on-hit based on skill rank
3 voidling soft cap (gated by cooldowns) | 8 voidling soft cap based on propagation limits (active timer duration, AA requirement)

Perks
no movement speed                        | 100% bonus movement speed towards "marked" targets
+50% additional bonus AD from 7 seconds  | triple damage to minions at 25% or lower
+100% attack speed at 14 seconds         | 100% attack speed if 3+ Voidlings up
Given that new Voidlings are simply on a casting cooldown and not gated by the spell-cast requirement they're just going to be flat-out scarier - especially with how easy they're going to propagate. In laning they'll be tiny terrors and probably only build up to 2-3 at a time, but when skirmishes and teamfights break out it's going to be hard to imagine Malzahara not having 5-6 of the bastards running around. And given they'll now have split damage they'll be even more deadly for tanky guys expecting to just ignore them. Oh, and there's been no word yet if their HP/Armor/MR is taking a hit or not - if not then expect them to be far scarier since you'll be getting tons more effective Voidling HP/damage per cast simply because they'll be inconvenient to kill.

I suppose it's called Voidling Swarm for a reason.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Do they get on hit bonuses from The Black Cleaver? It just says "deal physical damage" instead of "spell', "basic attack", or "ability" like other on hit bonuses, so I think BC might be a horrifying addition to his kit

E: I still hate the MMR calculator, even after the "overhaul". 11 game winning streak, jumped 2 tiers without a loss, and I'm getting less and less LP every win. Even though I'm consistently winning and moving up the ladder, all of the MMR calculators say that I haven't gained or lost any points since I ended my losing streak, which is just bonkers

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 21, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Attack Damage is in fact not armor penetration. Attempting to one-up someone and failing is in fact what this thread is about.

I meant they still deal physical damage rather in support of your theory; but I got your post muddled with the one you were quoting. Wasn't attempting to one up you, but sure whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I really want to somehow get my hands on the otherside of this game so I can see just how mad this fizz was

• Locked thread