Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ted Cruz is a loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Among all the other wonders this election season has brought us, we have Sean Hannitty essentially asking Cruz "U mad?"

What times we live in.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

L-Boned posted:

Ted Cruz is a nasty guy.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I just want to see Kasich utterly humiliated too now. I hope he ends up with fewer delegates than the thirsty robot.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so a thing in this campaign that's come up a lot is fact-checking, and how terrible people have been about it

but you know what is the most egregious thing i've seen taking place? nobody's talking about the most trustworthy candidate there is

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/jim-gilmore/

THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES 100% TRUE 100% OF THE TIME

CAN YOU SAY

G
I
L
M
E
N
T
U
M

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Fuschia tude posted:

There's a specifically Richmond accent? :raise:

Yes indeedy. As with most regional southern accents it's lost ground to generic southern drawl but it's relatively common in older Richmond/central VA natives.

Here's the best example I found on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afllcICqlBk

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The part about Ted Cruz video at his daughters school

:dogbutton:

We need this

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hope you guys are ready to deal with a fun confluence of how aloof and unknowable all the right leaning weirdos can be in Indiana (especially times like now when they're being pulled from both sides) and our opinion here actually mattering for a change.

I've got the state pegged at going by a slim margin to Cruz, but the evangelical vote that loves him and has ruled the state the last few cycles has been shrinking, whereas the suburbanite population has been growing. Suburbanites hate both candidates, but Cruz may end up winning them with his smart pitch as being Generic Conservative Safe Vote Guy

Of course I've also heard rumblings of religious voters going for Trump because of the Carson endorsement, of all things.

It's gonna be interesting. Really wish they'd release that poll they did already

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
I hope it's whatever result causes maximum chaos.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Chantilly Say posted:

Where does Tila Tequila fall on the "It's funny because she's ridiculous<--------------->It's sad because she's a troubled person" spectrum of celebrity trainwrecks, I honestly don't know much about her except "bisexual dating show" and "flat Earth Twitter???"

She got real life brain damage after oding herself into a temp coma

E in retrospect she should have been supporting je b

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 21, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Ted Cruz is a god drat piece of rear end poo poo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Like actual poo poo, I hope he gets treated by chemicals and dumped into the ocean or a pit or wherever our poo poo goes

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Suburbanites hate both candidates, but Cruz may end up winning them with his smart pitch as being Generic Conservative Safe Vote Guy

I could see the suburbanites making Kasich a spoiler after seeing Manhattan buckle up last night

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
Donald Trump is going to be president.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

It's gonna be interesting. Really wish they'd release that poll they did already

I'm going to be in Indiana, helping out with my girlfriend's station's coverage, and I have never been so excited to spend a day focused on Indiana. Trump met with Pence today, which seems like a bad idea considering Pence's favorability but who knows in this zany election!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

Yes indeedy. As with most regional southern accents it's lost ground to generic southern drawl but it's relatively common in older Richmond/central VA natives.

Here's the best example I found on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afllcICqlBk

that's cool. i like regional accents

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

I could see the suburbanites making Kasich a spoiler after seeing Manhattan buckle up last night

I feel like Kasich would be stealing votes that would otherwise be going to Trump, thus would essentially be playing spoiler for Cruz

A huge Cruz shill buddy of mine just announced that with Cruz mathematically eliminated, he's reluctantly shifting his support to Trump though. I wonder how much of a chilling effect that will have for evangelicals though, as he supported Cruz only because he viewed him as the truest conservative out there and honestly didn't like him much

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Levin is calling Fox News Donald Trump's 'Superpac' now. lmao

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'm going to be in Indiana, helping out with my girlfriend's station's coverage, and I have never been so excited to spend a day focused on Indiana. Trump met with Pence today, which seems like a bad idea considering Pence's favorability but who knows in this zany election!

oh yeah, doesn't literally everyone hate pence

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I expect a Pence endorsement literally only because Trump seems to be going for collecting every endorsement from a deeply divisive and unpopular governor in the country. In reality I doubt it's forthcoming, Pence's thing lately has been to enact very Trump-style policy (aka Heritage Foundation poo poo) and then loudly declare that he's NOTHING like Trump at all and is horrified by him. I would predict that if Pence's internal polling shows him as losing ground with all GOP except the Evangelicals, I actually kinda expect him to throw his lot in with Trump to pander to the anti-establishment wing

I hope you're staying in southern Indiana, it's utterly gorgeous and is the best part of the state this time of year.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I feel like Kasich would be stealing votes that would otherwise be going to Trump, thus would essentially be playing spoiler for Cruz

A huge Cruz shill buddy of mine just announced that with Cruz mathematically eliminated, he's reluctantly shifting his support to Trump though. I wonder how much of a chilling effect that will have for evangelicals though, as he supported Cruz only because he viewed him as the truest conservative out there and honestly didn't like him much

Cruz being locked out of winning the nomination via delegates is a hell of a snag, yeah. I wonder how much knowing he can't mathematically win will depress his turnout.

Indiana is going to be weird.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

Do you tell him daily that he is a traitor to the human race for supporting Cruz

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

point of return posted:

oh yeah, doesn't literally everyone hate pence

It certainly SEEMS like he's broadly despised except by one wing of the GOP here. He used to be the business guy who would give a handy to the evangelicals to get them in line, but with RFRA and HB1337 he's pissed business the gently caress off.

Honestly, we really won't know until polling comes out because it's tough to get people to talk about politics here. Even the polling companies apparently said people were quite combative, which I think is a bad sign for Pence because it points to his supporters feeling pinned into a corner and his detractors being emboldened

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, I'll be in Bloomington. I think they are having me calling polling locations to ask for results. I have no idea why they would trust me to do this but maybe I'll be ahead of the curve on predictit!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i changed my mind. i hope ted cruz never leaves the national spotlight. i hope he continues to run for higher offices and always manages to come this || close to sealing it only to have his master plan slip through his fingers. can't think of a more deserving person to receive their own personal sisyphean damnation

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OatmealRaisin posted:

Cruz being locked out of winning the nomination via delegates is a hell of a snag, yeah. I wonder how much knowing he can't mathematically win will depress his turnout.

Indiana is going to be weird.

If I thought Trump was competent enough to beat the "he literally cannot win, a vote for me is a vote for party unity" I'd hand Indiana to him in a landslide. That said he'll probably do something dumb like get a Pence endorsement that will galvanize people against him.

Al! posted:

Do you tell him daily that he is a traitor to the human race for supporting Cruz

He's a hardcore gun nut pure conservative guy who is on board with the Crowder and Milo crowd and even he is disgusted by how slimy and unlikable Cruz is, and that was his opinion before I told him about the Evangelical Dominionism and Kill The Gays speeches.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah, I'll be in Bloomington. I think they are having me calling polling locations to ask for results. I have no idea why they would trust me to do this but maybe I'll be ahead of the curve on predictit!

Was it you I gave recommendations for hiking spots to? I recommend you hit up Avers and/or Mother Bears for pizza after getting trashed at Upland or one of the dozen other breweries here that I can't really recommend personally because I don't drink, at the very least. Lots of fun stuff to do, best city in the state imho, though I miss Indy sometimes

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
For the record, Indiana early voting started more than two weeks ago.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Slate Action posted:

For the record, Indiana early voting started more than two weeks ago.

Yeah, which I think will benefit Cruz as the NY victory and his mathematical elimination will turn people off to him

Plus I haven't heard much from people voting early here, I may just know a more politically aware bunch that normal but the general consensus is things may change between now and the 3rd when we vote so we're holding off just in case

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Was it you I gave recommendations for hiking spots to? I recommend you hit up Avers and/or Mother Bears for pizza after getting trashed at Upland or one of the dozen other breweries here that I can't really recommend personally because I don't drink, at the very least. Lots of fun stuff to do, best city in the state imho, though I miss Indy sometimes

It was. Mama Bears is great. I was confused by the sauce on top of the cheese on their deep dish at first, but I went with it and it was a good time. She says the station is getting Avers because it's better?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Necc0 posted:

i changed my mind. i hope ted cruz never leaves the national spotlight. i hope he continues to run for higher offices and always manages to come this || close to sealing it only to have his master plan slip through his fingers. can't think of a more deserving person to receive their own personal sisyphean damnation

I want him to think he's about to be appointed to the Supreme Court but at the last minute he's pushed off the podium into a kiddie pool full of dog cum

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

It was. Mama Bears is great. I was confused by the sauce on top of the cheese on their deep dish at first, but I went with it and it was a good time. She says the station is getting Avers because it's better?

Both are very good, I like Mother Bears for a $15 large pepperoni default 'za that is ridiculously good, and Avers has a lamb gyro white pizza that is my favorite pizza in the whole wide world. If you can, check Btownmenus to order because they often get specials with the restaurants that are good deals and it's only like a quarter more to pick it up if you order using it.

On balance, Avers is probably the better one but both are boss af. I've eaten at BuffaLouis a few times so far and greatly enjoyed it each time. The Bento special at Japonee Express is also a good deal and is right there on the Kirkland strip. Great Wall on north walnut is probably the best buffet in town if you're into that kind of thing. Taste of India is my fav Indian place and won't hesitate to make things super spicy which I appreciate.

This time of year though just get a bag of whatever to go and a couple sixpacks and disappear into the woods if you have a day off imho

BITCHTITS
Oct 22, 2003

Perry'd

Slate Action posted:

Trump destroying the GOP and stumbling backwards into the presidency, only to be completely miserable, would be the perfect tragicomic ending to this whole thing.

This....might actually happen. I can imagine Trump walking into the oval office after his inauguration speech, still high on telling Obama that he's fired.

He sits down to a stack 3 feet high of bills, amendments, and reports he must read and sign off on. His new secretary gives him his to-do list for the week, filled with meet and greets and meetings about meetings about meetings. No time for Trump to shower in the spotlight as he has done for the entire election season.

1 year in I can imagine him looking bored at every public event, constantly playing with his YUGE hands when he's supposed to be paying attention and trying to spin his pen with two fingers during national security briefs.

I cannot wait.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Just imagine how great his State of the Union speeches would be, though. President Hillary's SOTU speeches are going to be loving terrible.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Donald Trump's SOTU speeches would have one good quality, at least: nobody would loving clap.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

point of return posted:

Donald Trump's SOTU speeches would have one good quality, at least: nobody would loving clap.

Thinking about it, this would also probably apply to Jeb!'s SOTU speeches :laffo:

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
After watching the "meltdown" video Cruz actually thinks he might get the nom, he's not just in the game to improve his "brand"

This is some scary poo poo.

^^Holy poo poo my phones autocorrect just tried to change "some" to "slime" seriously.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

BITCHTITS posted:

trying to spin his pen with two fingers during national security briefs.

Playing with pens during international summits is an established great power leader thing now.

(couldn't find a version that was animated but without the flashing, sorry.)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

point of return posted:

You kidding? Clapping will be mandatory, citizen.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpqoVqqDGk

How do we stop Ted Cruz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

I love how this ad acts like Kasich doesn't exist.

• Locked thread