Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Lets Pickle posted:

It would have been fine - not good, but unremarkable - if they hadn't referenced a real-world disaster that just happened. That's in super poor taste, and now I'm imagining a comic that starts out "I picked up the trail in the hamlet of Manhattan, where two winged Skaabs had flown into the town's tallest cathedral spires, demolishing them."

That would be great though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The first panel is clearly referring to Turtenwald winning GP Housten, it's just unfortunate timing.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Lets Pickle posted:

It would have been fine - not good, but unremarkable - if they hadn't referenced a real-world disaster that just happened. That's in super poor taste, and now I'm imagining a comic that starts out "I picked up the trail in the hamlet of Manhattan, where two winged Skaabs had flown into the town's tallest cathedral spires, demolishing them."

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't ask you to work on your free time.

Thanks for your valuable contributions to the thread, then.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Chandra's fire can't melt Eldrazi Titans

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

:allears:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Voyager I posted:

If any of you tried fixing your cars like idiots I'd probably say something similar if less salty but my hourly rate is prob 1/5-1/2 his so I don't fault them that much.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Angry Grimace posted:

But Wizards does. :v:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Yawgmoth posted:

He shoots! He scores!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Yawgmoth posted:

:master:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Voyager I posted:

He has good points, on both not doing his job in his off time, and also that it is futile and annoying to analyze the merit of the lawsuit if we're going to be very wrong about it. He could have said it in a tad bit more gentle tone, but both are great contributions to the thread.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

Chandra's fire can't melt Eldrazi Titans

Apparently it can :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Elyv posted:

Apparently it can :v:

Oath of the Gatewatch was an inside job

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lets Pickle posted:

Inkwell Looter drew it, and he didn't reference it, the entire comic was drawn up before that happened.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shadow225 posted:

He has good points, on both not doing his job in his off time, and also that it is futile and annoying to analyze the merit of the lawsuit if we're going to be very wrong about it. He could have said it in a tad bit more gentle tone, but both are great contributions to the thread.

Yeah I work in a court too, but I am not a lawyer, and it drives me nuts reading all of this useless and almost always totally off basis speculation but I never say poo poo. I appreciate him posting that though (also I work in a criminal court and don't know poo poo about contract law)

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm sure he's correct, but it's sorta common courtesy to provide at least a little explanation beyond just asserting your expertise.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Rinkles posted:

That is one lame comic

When my only frame of reference for MtG comics is Cardboard Crack, that thing is a loving masterpiece.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Inkwell Looter is a cool guy

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Angry Grimace posted:

Not asking you to write a formal legal brief on it, but it would be cool to get your 2 cents at some point from whatever point on the spectrum from general to specific you think appropriate, given that you allege to have expertise in this exact space while also ostensibly giving a poo poo about things discussed in the magic the gathering discussion thread.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Lets Pickle posted:

It isn't referencing the real world disaster it was just unfortunately timed and a disaster happened after creation, before publication, that makes it look like it is, which is why they removed it, because people like you wouldn't figure it out and would think they're acting in poor taste.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Not asking you to write a formal legal brief on it, but it would be cool to get your 2 cents at some point from whatever point on the spectrum from general to specific you think appropriate, given that you allege to have expertise in this exact space while also ostensibly giving a poo poo about things discussed in the magic the gathering discussion thread.

This is a well thought out and useful post. I agree with it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sigma-X posted:

It isn't referencing the real world disaster it was just unfortunately timed and a disaster happened after creation, before publication, that makes it look like it is, which is why they removed it, because people like you wouldn't figure it out and would think they're acting in poor taste.

I can't even figure out why people made the jump from a cartoon with zero floods in it to a real-life flood, but I guess all it takes is brushing an rear end hair against the venn diagram circle labeled 'disasters' for the sirens to go off

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

JerryLee posted:

I can't even figure out why people made the jump from a cartoon with zero floods in it to a real-life flood, but I guess all it takes is brushing an rear end hair against the venn diagram circle labeled 'disasters' for the sirens to go off

Because people are dumb as gently caress and overly sensitive. People love to be offended these days. Any kind of manufactured outrage is good enough for them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So, which colour combinations have not been represented on a Planeswalker. Keeping in mind that Ajani can pretty much claim to be a "Naya" Walker due to Vengeant and Mentor

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Onmi posted:

So, which colour combinations have not been represented on a Planeswalker. Keeping in mind that Ajani can pretty much claim to be a "Naya" Walker due to Vengeant and Mentor

I'm pretty sure all of the two-color combos have PWs now. Next step is to get the three-color combos on the board, we only have Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (Grixis) and Sarkhan Unbroken (Temur).

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Every two color pair has at least one walker. Every shard but Grixis is lacking one, every wedge but Temur is lacking one.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I want pre-retcon Narset to have awakened her spark and planeswalked away before Sarkhan destroyed the timeline. It'd give us a Jeskai planeswalker, and I'd love to see Khans Narset meet Dragons Narset.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zemyla posted:

I want pre-retcon Narset to have awakened her spark and planeswalked away before Sarkhan destroyed the timeline. It'd give us a Jeskai planeswalker, and I'd love to see Khans Narset meet Dragons Narset.

It'd probably just have been another Sarkhan incident, Temporal anomaly, she doesn't exist in Dragon Tarkir?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Zemyla posted:

Narset didn't have a spark at all in the Khans timeline. She was born with what would have been Sarkhan's spark in the Dragons timeline (he removed himself from time which allowed him to keep his spark I guess).

It seems like creative has some neat ideas that almost always suck by the time they get to us.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Played u/w skies at standard today as testing for provincials, seemed pretty good.

Deck did well against:

- G/b rock and sultai Rock (offensively well)
- u/w humans
- w humans

Pretty good against:

- bant company
- b/w control

Lost to:

- r/u/w control (in probably the tightest games I played all day)

Deck has solid potential, ojutai and always watching wins games, tragic arrogance is great sideboard tech, playing most of the deck at instant speed seems good.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Mikujin posted:

Narset didn't have a spark at all in the Khans timeline. She was born with what would have been Sarkhan's spark in the Dragons timeline (he removed himself from time which allowed him to keep his spark I guess).

It seems like creative has some neat ideas that almost always suck by the time they get to us.

Or she was just killed by zurgo before it ignited in the khan's time line.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Edit: nevermind, found it!

Jenx fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 21, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Wurzag posted:

Or she was just killed by zurgo before it ignited in the khan's time line.
Possible, I suppose, but irrelevant altogether. That Narset doesn't exist anymore because of PlotTime Magic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I lived the dream of Land + Experiment One into 4x BTE into Bolt your guy on T2 last night against my buddy at our LGS's Modern event. Dumb format.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

LOL if by people like me you mean people who are more aware of a flood in Houston than a guy winning a magic tournament there. It certainly makes a lot more sense given that context but drat that's an abrasive way of correcting somebody.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lets Pickle posted:

LOL if by people like me you mean people who are more aware of a flood in Houston than a guy winning a magic tournament there. It certainly makes a lot more sense given that context but drat that's an abrasive way of correcting somebody.

It isn't, because you just weirdly assumed the cartoonist decided to make a really tasteless decision instead of assuming it was drawn before the disaster. Then you went on the internet and commented on it instead of bothering to figure out which was true.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

I lived the dream of Land + Experiment One into 4x BTE into Bolt your guy on T2 last night against my buddy at our LGS's Modern event. Dumb format.

Clearly you didn't play mono green devotion in RTR-THS standard.

T1 Forest, Elvish Mystic
T2 BTE BTE BTE, Nykthos, add 7 Green Mana, Garruk Caller of Beasts, minus for Worldspine Wurm, go.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Count Bleck posted:

Clearly you didn't play mono green devotion in RTR-THS standard.

T1 Forest, Elvish Mystic
T2 BTE BTE BTE, Nykthos, add 7 Green Mana, Garruk Caller of Beasts, minus for Worldspine Wurm, go.

The dream.

Also anyone coming to GP LA?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I'm more concerned about the people who decry others for being too sensitive or that WOTC kowtowed to this "outrage culture" instead of the action being a cool, good and appropriate PR move. Then again, people defended the old PA dick wolf comic so~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nykthos was one of the worst Standards to deal with because it weirdly edged out a lot of potentially viable devotion decks.

• Locked thread