Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Kemper Boyd posted:

The main issue I am wondering about is that they can pass such a measure, yes, but it will not do anything because there's no jobs available anyway.

Just wait until you see how happy and motivated those Nokia dippainssis are scrubbing floors in other office buildings*!

* Siivooja is a fine job, I'm not saying anything about paskaduunit

Also lol at this:

quote:

Nyt kun yritys avaa työpaikan, siihen tulee monesti hyvin vähän hakijoita tai he hakevat vastentahtoisesti, Neimala kertoo

It's almost as if people will apply for a job if it pays enough and isn't soul-crushingly evil like the aforementioned puhelinmyyjä

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Darkest Auer posted:

Also lol at this:

It's almost as if people will apply for a job if it pays enough and isn't soul-crushingly evil like the aforementioned puhelinmyyjä

But there's so many unemplyed people in finland and they just don't want to work (as puhelinmyyjä who make like nada dollars/month!!)

Why don't we just let kepu make their dreams come true and make finland china with free immigrant workers and we'll just gently caress off to canada or something

I Heard a rumour that some guy with fake hair is going to build a wall on the border in there, would be a dream place to live with no americans

hillo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 19, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001161690.html

Pretty hilarious propaganda article, where the engineer-daddy first says he's refusing to work because of kannustinloukku, and then almost in the next sentence says:

– Minusta karenssin pitää olla pitkä. Minä en ymmärrä tilannetta, että joku kieltäytyisi töistä.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Siitä olen kyllä samaa mieltä että vika on systeemissä eikä ihmisessä.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Somehow I doubt anything will happen after that comes into effect. The bureaucracy at the dole is still slow as gently caress, and the government has been following their mantra of cutting the public sector, so I doubt anything will change.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

doverhog posted:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001161690.html

Pretty hilarious propaganda article, where the engineer-daddy first says he's refusing to work because of kannustinloukku, and then almost in the next sentence says:

– Minusta karenssin pitää olla pitkä. Minä en ymmärrä tilannetta, että joku kieltäytyisi töistä.

He doesn't say he is refusing to work. In fact, he says the exact opposite:

"– Minulla on mahdollisuus olla vielä melkein tuhat päivää päivärahalla kotona. Mutta tavoitteena on työllistyä. Mitä pikemmin sen parempi. Minä menen töihin vaikka huomenna, jos joku sitä tarjoaa. Olen etsinyt aktiivisesti töitä, enkä ole koskaan kieltäytynyt enkä tule kieltäytymään työstä."

Why do you suddenly hate a guy on welfare enough to fabricate his words?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1461032616684?ref=hs-prio-1-1

If we're heading for Kepu/PS government crisis after Kepu/Cock government crisis in less then a year, then ROFLMAOLOL how the gently caress aren't they communicating anything? The book hey write about this poo poo better be loving amazing. Berner is going buckWILD!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
So they're selling off the roads, forests, lakes and all of the vital infrastructure to foreign tax haven corporations. I'm going to be surprised if there's a single piece of public property in an unsold state in three years' time.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

vuohi posted:

He doesn't say he is refusing to work. In fact, he says the exact opposite:

"– Minulla on mahdollisuus olla vielä melkein tuhat päivää päivärahalla kotona. Mutta tavoitteena on työllistyä. Mitä pikemmin sen parempi. Minä menen töihin vaikka huomenna, jos joku sitä tarjoaa. Olen etsinyt aktiivisesti töitä, enkä ole koskaan kieltäytynyt enkä tule kieltäytymään työstä."

Why do you suddenly hate a guy on welfare enough to fabricate his words?

That wasn't in there when I read it this morning.

Juttua ja otsikkoa päivitetty klo 10:14: Täydennetty juttuun Teurajärven vastaus, jossa hän kertoo, ettei ole kieltäytynyt töistä ja etsii aktiivisesti töitä.

Now the whole article is even more funny and more blatantly tarkoituksenhakuinen.

quote:

Olet valinnut koti-isän roolin mieluummin kuin työllistymisen. Miksi?

– Olen kannustinloukussa. Insinöörinä tykkään tehdä laskelmia. Laskin, että on kannattavaa olla kotona. Nyt kun on pienet lapset, käytin tilaisuuden hyväksi.

Has he chosen to be a koti-isä or not? If he's actively looking for work when did he choose to be a daddy?

doverhog fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tarina kertoo, että operaatio Barbarossan ensi kuukausien jyllätessä ja Wermachtin lähestyessä Moskovaa, itse Isä Aurinkoinen totesi notta Lenin jätti heille perinnöksi suuren maan, ja nyt he ovat kusseet asiat perin pohjin. Luulen, että Stalin vähäsen naureskelisi pienoisen Suomen touhuille tänä päivänä. Isäm maan asiat on toden totta kustu ja huolella.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

So they're selling off the roads, forests, lakes and all of the vital infrastructure to foreign tax haven corporations. I'm going to be surprised if there's a single piece of public property in an unsold state in three years' time.

Nothing is as easy to re-nationalize as real estate :getin:

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

doverhog posted:

Has he chosen to be a koti-isä or not? If he's actively looking for work when did he choose to be a daddy?
The completely obvious explanation is that he recently got laid off and hasn't been in a hurry to find a new job. You don't even get ansiosidonnainen if you resign yourself, at least not without a punitive waiting period, but I don't know the exact details about that. Everything that he says in that article about his personal situation makes perfect sense. The things he says about general policies (työkokeilu, subsidizing the labour costs of the private sector more) are utter nonsense.

If you think that this story is somehow supposed to sway people to support the idea that college educated people should take cleaning jobs, you are getting spooked over nothing. Those jobs that people would be forced to take against their own interests simply don't exist, and who ever would even want to have a 100% unmotivated employee? We already have plenty of unused low-skilled labour available, so why would anyone want to stick overqualified people to menial jobs?

In fact, the fuss about this speaks mostly about middle class anxiety of the thought of having to take jobs that are not fitting to their sense of status and self-worth. Of course an engineer/whatever should be entitled to having the entire salary of a cleaner without doing anything. He's educated, you see, a better person than those worker ants. He is entitled to get three times the welfare that someone who isn't on ansiosidonnainen should get. He paid 1-2% extra of his monthly salary for it (union membership is tax deductible).

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
yeah, I wouldn't cry if they made some cuts on ansiosidonnainen. Perustulo ftw!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
For every highly educated engineer, there's also an unemployed Toni. Actually, make that two Tonis.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ulkomaat/art-2000001162634.html

ruottissa kuohuu

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
So is it more racist to call the guy out for following his faith (islam), or more racist to not accept his culture?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

So is it more racist to call the guy out for following his faith (islam), or more racist to not accept his culture?

your a racist for asking that

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

your a racist for asking that

drat, ligur'd!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

drat, ligur'd!

Mods please name change to Mansiggaligurddi.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
It's fine to defend religious freedom against intolerance, but rarely do we consider the intolerance inherit in religions themselves. Considering practicing Muslims are generally pretty conservative in attitude, I find it humorous they just now apparently found they're not as leftie as they wanted to believe. It's like they thought Christian Democrats would be for abortion or something.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

drat, ligur'd!

If you're gonna get ligured, today's the day I guess

Or the 20th of next month? Is Pekka the official Ligur spirit animal, or do we go straight to the source? :godwinning:

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rexroom posted:

It's fine to defend religious freedom against intolerance, but rarely do we consider the intolerance inherit in religions themselves. Considering practicing Muslims are generally pretty conservative in attitude, I find it humorous they just now apparently found they're not as leftie as they wanted to believe. It's like they thought Christian Democrats would be for abortion or something.

This is actually what sane people have been talking about for a good while.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Rexroom posted:

Ligur's parachute account found.

Oh, he actually has been probated again, no wonder this thread has been so quiet.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur ligur gently caress i can't get enough of LIGUR!!!!!!!!!!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

vuohi posted:

The completely obvious explanation is that he recently got laid off and hasn't been in a hurry to find a new job. You don't even get ansiosidonnainen if you resign yourself, at least not without a punitive waiting period, but I don't know the exact details about that. Everything that he says in that article about his personal situation makes perfect sense. The things he says about general policies (työkokeilu, subsidizing the labour costs of the private sector more) are utter nonsense.

If you think that this story is somehow supposed to sway people to support the idea that college educated people should take cleaning jobs, you are getting spooked over nothing. Those jobs that people would be forced to take against their own interests simply don't exist, and who ever would even want to have a 100% unmotivated employee? We already have plenty of unused low-skilled labour available, so why would anyone want to stick overqualified people to menial jobs?

In fact, the fuss about this speaks mostly about middle class anxiety of the thought of having to take jobs that are not fitting to their sense of status and self-worth. Of course an engineer/whatever should be entitled to having the entire salary of a cleaner without doing anything. He's educated, you see, a better person than those worker ants. He is entitled to get three times the welfare that someone who isn't on ansiosidonnainen should get. He paid 1-2% extra of his monthly salary for it (union membership is tax deductible).

What the interviewee is saying and what the purpose of the piece is aren't the same thing. Look at the questions, and what the timing of it is.

It's generating support for cuts and karenssis, and the engineer is just some idiot they got to pose for it with his name and face. This time they got a little too clever and had the same guy both calling for karenssi and saying he's refusing work in the same piece, and had to post a correction.

It doesn't matter if there are no real jobs for the people to refuse, because if the government really wants to, it can start offering terrible jobs to people that they either have to take or get karenssi for refusing work. Either way money is saved because they no longer receive tukia. Is this paranoia? Maybe... but it's the SSS forces we are talking about here.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

http://www.posti.fi/henkiloasiakkaat/palvelut-verkossa/ruohonleikkaus.html

totally not a lovely attempt to get back those MILJOONATAPPIOT , valtion liikelaitosten yhtiöittäminen ei vaikuta mitenkään mihinkään!!!!!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Next you'll know Posti will start pimping their mailmen to lonely housewives. Might as well ask payment for the services that have always been provided free of charge.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Wow, the post is doing what kids do to fund some trip or other. Hey mister, can I mow your lawn?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

Next you'll know Posti will start pimping their mailmen to lonely housewives. Might as well ask payment for the services that have always been provided free of charge.

:eyepop: I'm filling my application now

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

:eyepop: I'm filling my application now

Sori, vaan iRakin sodan veteraanit käy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Wow, the post is doing what kids do to fund some trip or other. Hey mister, can I mow your lawn?

"Here's your mail, can I also interest you in some cookies? Oh and if you have empty bottles I can take those with me!"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

"Here's your mail, can I also interest you in some cookies? Oh and if you have empty bottles I can take those with me!"

As if anyone in Neo-Finland can afford to just give away empty bottles.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually, the government will probably make recycling bottles illegal because the EU demands it and also national interest I don't know :shrug:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Puistokemisti posted:

Ligur's parachute account found.

Gee. What people have said for 15 years is now starting to hit the left as well. 5 or 10 years ago posting that was simply called "racis'" and no main stream media outlet was allowed to publish it, or you get fired.

quote:

Oh, he actually has been probated again, no wonder this thread has been so quiet.

Yeah I was probated for making a "weird" post as per to my rap sheet. It says in the the rules you can't make a weird post, doesn't it? Before, I was probated for a week for using the "f*g" word in the context of describing how Mid-West hicks probably describe sexual minorities. All in the rules.

Perhaps, it occurs to me, just making posts is not allowed if a "left-winger" reports about a possibly "right-winger" message, which is, of course, just fine: any private party can decide what to write on their private platform. No complains about that. Sadly my PM's were disabled so I can't ask the admins what the exact rules are.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weird posts are allowed everywhere on SA as long as they're good.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Jerry Cotton posted:

Weird posts are allowed everywhere on SA as long as they're good.

Why is it that you are allowed, then?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
New book coming out, on the cover Nalle is shown securing his childrens inheritance:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

His Divine Shadow posted:

New book coming out, on the cover Nalle is shown securing his childrens inheritance:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Ligur posted:

Gee. What people have said for 15 years is now starting to hit the left as well. 5 or 10 years ago posting that was simply called "racis'" and no main stream media outlet was allowed to publish it, or you get fired.

Yeah I was probated for making a "weird" post as per to my rap sheet. It says in the the rules you can't make a weird post, doesn't it? Before, I was probated for a week for using the "f*g" word in the context of describing how Mid-West hicks probably describe sexual minorities. All in the rules.

Perhaps, it occurs to me, just making posts is not allowed if a "left-winger" reports about a possibly "right-winger" message, which is, of course, just fine: any private party can decide what to write on their private platform. No complains about that. Sadly my PM's were disabled so I can't ask the admins what the exact rules are.

you got probated because exclamation marx probates only those who he disagrees with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Speculation! He is a fine and a reasonable admin who upholds diversity on the forums he manages.

The reason of my probation was that a post I made was "weird", not because the admin disagreed with me. I have to re-read the rules which were linked, and make sure I won't post weird posts again.

(There is nothing to disagree with real life, real world statistics, but that's another thing.)