Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also hard to tell from the translation but another (potential) vague "blackbeard is more than one person" line appeared this chapter "Blackbeard!?" "Those guys!"

that ones a lot more iffy but its p funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
another note: i wonder if jack will end up meeting jinbe...

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

And this is why we don't accept Oda's romanizations as fact.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jack and Jinbe went up an elephant,
To fight for the fate of Zou.
Jack fell down and couldn't move,
Cause he was a fishman who ate a fruit and holy poo poo that's hilarious.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Bwahahahahaha. Why would they "trust" Luffy around food, Nami and Chopper should have known better

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

anime was right posted:

what if sanji only likes her right now because she has 2 eyes in that picture and gets disgusted when he finds out she has 3

What if Sanji was chosen as the groom because he has one eye in his wanted poster and the wedding is cancelled when they find out he has two

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Big Mom has at least 35 children so maybe a bunch look the same? Or maybe it's like Whitebeard calling everyone "son".

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ah, so it turns out Kaidou is actually such a badass because he's the reincarnation of Kamina. Makes sense. Hope he hasn't found anyone who ate the drill drill fruit yet.

Edit: As for Kidd if Killer does turn out to be Sanji's brother then it's likely that Kaidou beat the poo poo out of Kidd for being a Big Mom spy. Whether he was or not.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 21, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd assume he beat Kidd because Kidd attacked him when Kaidou landed in front of him, Hawkins and Apoo and that he attacked because he didn't want to pass up opportunity even if his target was Shanks.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anyone else getting Alvida vibes from Kaidou using a giant spiked club to smack his crew mates for the smallest infraction and also getting over-the-top emotional and angry?

Also, holy loving poo poo Kaidou blasted that one out of the park. He'd make a great baseball player with those kinds of grand slams. :eyepop:

And LMAO at Luffy setting the kitchen on fire and causing everyone to starve because of his atrocious cooking abilities.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

The more we learn about the yonku and their insane levels of power and influence really makes me want to see Shanks fight some people.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Crazyeyes posted:

The more we learn about the yonku and their insane levels of power and influence really makes me want to see Shanks fight some people.

With this being the 'VS Four Emperors' arc, I'm sure Shanks is bound to turn up for real sometime during all of this happening.

Also, any idea why Blackbeard and co. attacked the Revolutionaries? Besides retaliation for Sabo, I have a feeling it has something to do with the Devil Fruit trade. All of the Yonkou and other big players seem to have a hand in trafficking Devil Fruits somehow and the Revolutionaries themselves specifically wanted to assault Doffy's SMILE factory while Burgess was on the island to collect authentic Devil Fruits like Ace's former Flame-Flame fruit. Even Shanks' crew had an interest in scavenging Devil Fruits with the Rubber-Rubber Fruit since chapter one. I think the Devil Fruit trade has major implications in the New World.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 21, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Also, any idea why Blackbeard and co. attacked the Revolutionaries? I have a feeling it has something to do with the Devil Fruit trade. All of the Yonkou and other big players seem to have a hand in trafficking Devil Fruits somehow and the Revolutionaries themselves specifically wanted to assault Doffy's SMILE factory while Burgess was on the island to collect authentic Devil Fruits like Ace's former Flame-Flame fruit. Even Shanks' crew had an interest in scavenging Devil Fruits with the Rubber-Rubber Fruit since chapter one. I think the Devil Fruit trade has major implications in the New World.

I didn't realize how serious the "weapons" Burgess was talking about until now. On Dressrosa, Lucci mentioned all the weapons from the underground port were missing, thinking the Revolutionaries took it. Now Blackbeard has taken that entire cache for himself. That means the BBs have Doflomingo's entire stock of devil fruits: both SMILEs and authentic.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

With this being the 'VS Four Emperors' arc, I'm sure Shanks is bound to turn up for real sometime during all of this happening.

Also, any idea why Blackbeard and co. attacked the Revolutionaries? Besides retaliation for Sabo, I have a feeling it has something to do with the Devil Fruit trade. All of the Yonkou and other big players seem to have a hand in trafficking Devil Fruits somehow and the Revolutionaries themselves specifically wanted to assault Doffy's SMILE factory while Burgess was on the island to collect authentic Devil Fruits like Ace's former Flame-Flame fruit. Even Shanks' crew had an interest in scavenging Devil Fruits with the Rubber-Rubber Fruit since chapter one. I think the Devil Fruit trade has major implications in the New World.

There was some sort of cache of weapons at the Revolutionaries base that they wanted.

I have to admit, although I really wanted to see the revolutionaries fight the Black Beard crew, there's something I really enjoy about how the BB pirates are so sinister off screen. They're always on the periphery of the story, waiting to jump in and wreck things.

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 21, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's possible that the Blackbeards wrecked up the island looking for the cache after the Revolutionaries dipped. They had to have some sort of evacuation plan and warning system for incoming ships. With Dragon being who he is, there's almost no way no big names were left behind when the Marines got there if the Revolutionaries went to war with Blackbeard.

Also, the Marine tip off was probably from Aokiji.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

There was some sort of cache of weapons at the Revolutionaries base that they wanted.

I have to admit, although I really wanted to see the revolutionaries fight the Black Beard crew, there's something I really enjoy about how the BB pirates are so sinister off screen. They're always on the periphery of the story, waiting to jump in and wreck things.

I'm sure when we Sabo and/or the revolutionaries meet up with the Straw Hats again, they'll flashback to the BB-Revolutionary fight.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
What about the fire?
The rain will put it out!
Oh cool!

loving love Luffy man. He's the best.

Also I guess we now know what happens to fishmen with a DF after they are submerged in water.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Gyges posted:

Ah, so it turns out Kaidou is actually such a badass because he's the reincarnation of Kamina. Makes sense. Hope he hasn't found anyone who ate the drill drill fruit yet.

Edit: As for Kidd if Killer does turn out to be Sanji's brother then it's likely that Kaidou beat the poo poo out of Kidd for being a Big Mom spy. Whether he was or not.

What? What's the logic behind that theory? They're both blonde?

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

GonSmithe posted:

What? What's the logic behind that theory? They're both blonde?

They're both from North Blue, his face is hidden (possibly covering a swirly brow), they're both blond, and his name is Killer (which would be appropriate from that family).

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also, killer seems to be pretty smart

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Gyges posted:

Avalo Pizzaro?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="459001809"]
They're both from North Blue, his face is hidden (possibly covering a swirly brow), they're both blond, and his name is Killer (which would be appropriate from that family).

What's the name "killer" have to do with it?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Niddhogg posted:

What's the name "killer" have to do with it?

It's a family of assassins. Still not good evidence though.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, FYI no new One Piece chapter next week due to Golden Week. :smithicide:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Kidd got his rear end beat because Kaidou dropped right in front of him and he thought "poo poo, now's as good a time as any, I guess" and attacked the dude.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Has Brook met Dragon? He says "a picture doesn't do his presence justice".

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Cloks posted:

Has Brook met Dragon? He says "a picture doesn't do his presence justice".

What he said certainly makes it sound like he has.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He played a concert for the Revolutionaries, obviously. I mean, when else could he have met him? He'd been wandering through the Florian Triangle for decades (about 5 I think) prior to meeting the Strawhats hadn't he? The only time he's been apart from them since has been the two year time skip and he could have gone anywhere during that time given he was going around playing music.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Both Robin and Brook know more about the plot than us.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Crazyeyes posted:

Given that Whitebeard, old as gently caress and past his prime, took on THE NAVY, I imagine that the rest are mindbogglingly tough.

Also, I figure that the Revolutionary army just relocated after a pitched fight. Remember the aftermath of Aokiji and Akainu fighting? I figure Blackbeard's crew and the Army duking it out would wreck an island--but a wrecked island alone doesn't say who the fight went for.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair, old man whitebeard was still the strongest man in the world

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

to be fair, old man whitebeard was still the strongest man in the world

Still not on par with the 'strongest creature', Kaidou, though, and that's who's swinging into action here, and there's been indications that while Linlin herself isn't up to their tier, she's got the biggest, nastiest organisation.

Going to be interesting to see how Shanks can possibly measure up to this bunch of monsters. Guy and his crew come across as really unassuming by comparison.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
He was also losing, even with thousands of people as backup. It was mostly Akainu that wrecked him I think, but his health being bad certainly helped too. He was never really going to win that fight though, because the Marines were about to kill Ace despite him.

It's tough to gauge his strength as a single fighter really, since he had so many opponents of unknown (but no doubt high) quality, all only for brief periods in quick succession and it was such a big battle.

tsob fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 22, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

anime was right posted:

what if sanji only likes her right now because she has 2 eyes in that picture and gets disgusted when he finds out she has 3

what if he pops an insane double boner upon finding out she has 3. u never know...

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

tsob posted:

He played a concert for the Revolutionaries, obviously. I mean, when else could he have met him? He'd been wandering through the Florian Triangle for decades (about 5 I think) prior to meeting the Strawhats hadn't he? The only time he's been apart from them since has been the two year time skip and he could have gone anywhere during that time given he was going around playing music.

Just watch. Dragon was ALSO on Rogers' ship!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tsob posted:

He was also losing, even with thousands of people as backup. It was mostly Akainu that wrecked him I think, but his health being bad certainly helped too. He was never really going to win that fight though, because the Marines were about to kill Ace despite him.

It's tough to gauge his strength as a single fighter really, since he had so many opponents of unknown (but no doubt high) quality, all only for brief periods in quick succession and it was such a big battle.

He also got stabbed through the chest before that, that probably slowed him down somewhat.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think the biggest hint at future development we got this chapter was sneaky - Baron Tamago agreed with Capone's decision to take out Pekoms. I wasn't sure how the rest of Big Mom's crew would view the new guy taking out a respected member, and now we know. Pekoms doesn't seem to feel he was in the wrong, and is looking to pick a fight with Capone when he sees him. My guess is we're going to be seeing Pekoms falling out with BM, I can't imagine an attempted insubordination goes over well with the woman that sends you your friend's heads in boxes.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

anime was right posted:

He's a fury, but a third eye goes to far?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Advice posted:

I think the biggest hint at future development we got this chapter was sneaky - Baron Tamago agreed with Capone's decision to take out Pekoms. I wasn't sure how the rest of Big Mom's crew would view the new guy taking out a respected member, and now we know. Pekoms doesn't seem to feel he was in the wrong, and is looking to pick a fight with Capone when he sees him. My guess is we're going to be seeing Pekoms falling out with BM, I can't imagine an attempted insubordination goes over well with the woman that sends you your friend's heads in boxes.

he's personally taking luffy to big mom's island I'm not sure how it could possibly go any different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NutritiousSnack posted:

He's a fury, but a third eye goes to far?

thats why it would be funny