Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mostlygray posted:

I lived in a similar house once in college. I wish I had taken pictures. It had a stairway too narrow for an adult to use without climbing sideways and it was attached to a nonsense room that didn't have a door yet was a bedroom somehow. We couldn't install a door as the finished width was only about 16" for the door-less doorway. There was also a main stairway that made sense on the other side of the house.

There was a trapdoor in the floor that led to an old cistern that had been converted into a 6 foot diameter basement area to to house the water heater. There was a hole that had been hammered through the bricks that was chest-high and curved to the left. There was not enough room to turn around. It ran to another false basement that held the furnace. I never climbed through it as I'm claustrophobic. The tunnel went about 8 feet and then you couldn't see around the corner. Any time we put D-con down there, the mice would die, and then disappear. They weren't desiccating, they just would vanish within a day.

Once we called the gas company because we though we could smell natural gas. He climbed down the tunnel (the only person that ever had).

This is the hosed up part. When he got back out I asked, "What did you find?" My hand to God, he said "There are no gas problems, and I'm never coming back." I asked again, "But what's back there, none of us want to climb in." He repeated, "I'm never coming back." and booked it to his car.

He kept his word. I still feel like a loser for not crawling through the tunnel to find out the horror.

For content, "Where the ducks walk on fish"
https://roadtrippers.com/places/65193/photos/0?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5

I feel it's missing one or two           or [REDACTED], otherwise good job. B+ for effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
There's not a place in the developed world that would allow a heater or furnace to be installed in a space like that, and from the description it seems like it would be impossible to have either of them carried in to be installed anyway :p

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

mostlygray posted:

I lived in a similar house once in college. I wish I had taken pictures. It had a stairway too narrow for an adult to use without climbing sideways and it was attached to a nonsense room that didn't have a door yet was a bedroom somehow. We couldn't install a door as the finished width was only about 16" for the door-less doorway. There was also a main stairway that made sense on the other side of the house.

There was a trapdoor in the floor that led to an old cistern that had been converted into a 6 foot diameter basement area to to house the water heater. There was a hole that had been hammered through the bricks that was chest-high and curved to the left. There was not enough room to turn around. It ran to another false basement that held the furnace. I never climbed through it as I'm claustrophobic. The tunnel went about 8 feet and then you couldn't see around the corner. Any time we put D-con down there, the mice would die, and then disappear. They weren't desiccating, they just would vanish within a day.

Once we called the gas company because we though we could smell natural gas. He climbed down the tunnel (the only person that ever had).

This is the hosed up part. When he got back out I asked, "What did you find?" My hand to God, he said "There are no gas problems, and I'm never coming back." I asked again, "But what's back there, none of us want to climb in." He repeated, "I'm never coming back." and booked it to his car.

He kept his word. I still feel like a loser for not crawling through the tunnel to find out the horror.

For content, "Where the ducks walk on fish"
https://roadtrippers.com/places/65193/photos/0?lat=40.80972&lng=-96.67528&z=5
so spooky you guys

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Ted the Caver joke, followed by a subtle House of Leaves reference

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

life is a joke posted:

There's not a place in the developed world that would allow a heater or furnace to be installed in a space like that, and from the description it seems like it would be impossible to have either of them carried in to be installed anyway :p

Yeah I mean, at the end of the day, you could just say that his mostlygray life is a joke

GET IT GUYS

hahahahaha gently caress

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Yeah I mean, at the end of the day, you could just say that his mostlygray life is a joke

GET IT GUYS

hahahahaha gently caress

:haw:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
This belongs here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

That's a very confusing loss edit. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!

what thread am I in?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Prince died this morning

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Sex Hobbit posted:

Prince died this morning

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Questionably Moist Bill is still welcome however as he always pays credit card

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Well, there's a Hell of a way to find out that Chyna and Prince both died.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Sometimes I write a check.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Wonder if there's a Bizarro opposite called Undeniably Ashy Bill, kinda like Pigpen from Peanuts but a cloud of dandruff

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also a hell of a way to find out they were the same person this whole time.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

It's the No Questionably Moist Bills Club. We're allowed to have one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Let it be said that though they are the sole survivors of the franchise wars, it was not them who fired the first shot.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Well, that is some pretty bad poetry.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Turns out we're fired because nobody is getting their mail.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

nael posted:

This is the most exciting thing to happen around here in a while

Yeah, apparently a friend of a classmate just started that and it just got bigger and bigger. I wonder how many people actually showed up.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

mostlygray posted:

I think I checked this house out the last time I was looking for a place. Did it feel like it was build in the 1940's, then knocked down and rebuilt from memory by a crazy man in the 70's? And the trap door was a rotten piece of plywood like the kind that acts as a trap for small children when placed over wells only with linoleum on one side?

nael
Sep 10, 2009

bobjr posted:

Yeah, apparently a friend of a classmate just started that and it just got bigger and bigger. I wonder how many people actually showed up.

Around 150. Almost all of them were in on the joke. They actually had to close the station last night, and cops were everywhere.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

nael posted:

Around 150. Almost all of them were in on the joke. They actually had to close the station last night, and cops were everywhere.

That's got to be a huge turnout for them these days. Should have shown up.

nael
Sep 10, 2009
I actually regret not going. Just a big, dumb, spur of the moment Limp Bizkit themed 420 party. The news footage was great. Just a bunch of stoned and drunk kids screaming while people took turns blasting all of the greatest hits from their car stereos.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I don't get it. What's this a graph of?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
DBZ shipping.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Kardashian-Jenner relationship chart. I don't get it either. I haven't heard of half those connections, and Rihanna is there without Leonardo Dicaprio.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For gently caress's sake I heard about Prince and was like "well at least I'm protected from the 'learned bad news from PYF' effect."

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Random Stranger posted:

I think I checked this house out the last time I was looking for a place. Did it feel like it was build in the 1940's, then knocked down and rebuilt from memory by a crazy man in the 70's? And the trap door was a rotten piece of plywood like the kind that acts as a trap for small children when placed over wells only with linoleum on one side?

That's pretty much it. You had to step around the sketchy trapdoor on the way to the bathroom. The whole place made no sense. It looked like someone had smashed two houses together that they found on the curb like bongwater soaked couches.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hyperlynx posted:

Autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Kardashian-Jenner relationship chart. I don't get it either. I haven't heard of half those connections, and Rihanna is there without Leonardo Dicaprio.

If you add a DiCaprio node, you're gonna need more paper.

• Locked thread