Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

immortal flow posted:

I accidentally landed on Leonhard's head. Now I have to pay 33000 souls to calm him down. Look before you leap, chaps :saddowns:

33,000 sounds like just the right amount to forgive getting teabagged from 20 feet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I actually find Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 to be very similar. From a visual design standpoint. Both are fantastic products, imo. I think Bloodborne is a bit tighter, all things said and done.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vermain posted:

The only one in the game is the Pyromancer Crown (it's a sort of headband with a small bit of antler sticking off to the side), which you can purchase from Cornyx once you free him from the Undead Settlement. Atrocious physical absorption, but it's lightweight and has some good elemental absorption on it.

Actually, I lied here. There's a second one (the Dusk Crown, located next to a white tree in Farron Keep), but it's only really of interest if you're a pure Sorcerer.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

dark souls 3 is better than bloodborne because i can actually play dark souls 3

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I'm getting a lot better at parrying and it's making PvP a lot more fun. A lot of people seem to not realize that parrying is something you can even do. I rarely am on the receiving end of it, and even after being hit by one nerds still want to hammer R1 at me.

Also the Zweihander owns.

ELI PORTER fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 21, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ShadowMar posted:

dark souls 3 is better than bloodborne because i can actually play dark souls 3

This. drat you Sony for ensuring I will never have a shiny PC port to play. :argh:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Commissar Of Doom posted:

How do I get Unbreakable Patches to move from Cathedral of the Deep to Firelink Shrine? I already did the whole deathtrap and bought all the onion armor from him

I think you have to throw the armour down the well.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm sorry but your avatar made this incredibly hilarious. :allears:

Please don't find rape jokes funny.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Buschmaki posted:

I'd be more inclined to listen if your avatar wasn't the exact thing you are telling me not to find funny. :nallears:

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I didn't buy this avatar, and your defense of a rape joke is disgusting and pathetic.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

At level 159 I'm surprised there are any summon signs left

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I'm surprised it's still easy to get summoned for the Yhorm fight. When I was stuck on the Dancer (maybe I was underleveled?? idk), Yhorm kept me from running out of Embers (and gives like 10k souls if you are wearing that one ring), and since the fight is a dumb gimmick (especially if you target the sword at his dumb head) it made for the best farming of embers up to that point.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3oa1UvQ360

Good thing there is more than one trick to fall back on.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Where's a good guide to the DS1 and DS2 plots? I feel like I'm missing a lot of story stuff. Like, I know via internet osmosis that the general deal is "The Fire which is basically the thing making the world Not poo poo Less poo poo is going out, and the age of darkness is coming. Previously Gwyn linked himself to the flame to keep it going, then in DS1 you kill him and take his place (or don't, but that's not what's in the past of DS3). In DS2... stuff happens? With giants? And now in DS3 things have declined further and it apparently takes more souls to keep the Fire going, and everything is terrible.

Also: beat the first phase of AW! Now it's time to Git Gud so I can get my greedy claws on that sweet-rear end armor.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How come I can no longer summon 3 red/purple/orange phantoms at a time? Is that covenant dependent?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Buschmaki posted:

You've had that av for a while. If it appalls you so much, spend $5 and change it. I've seen it undermine your point twice now.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Internet Friend posted:

Speaking of things carried over from Bloodborne, is there really no way to mitigate the jailer's HP drain? Frenzy sucked but at least you could carry sedatives and burn your insight.

Dealing with Jailers is way less annoying once you realize they can only drain you via direct line of sight + red eyes. Just wait behind a corner for their eyes to turn blue, then rush out and kill them in 3 hits before their eye thing takes effect. I was never really scared of them.

Except for that one room...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Butt Ghost posted:

You've had that av for a while. If it appalls you so much, spend $5 and change it. I've seen it undermine your point twice now.

I shouldn't have to spend $5 for people to not make rape jokes around me!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

qbert posted:

Dealing with Jailers is way less annoying once you realize they can only drain you via direct line of sight + red eyes. Just wait behind a corner for their eyes to turn blue, then rush out and kill them in 3 hits before their eye thing takes effect. I was never really scared of them.

Except for that one room...

I tried to herd a Mimic into attacking that mob of assholes and was very disappointed when it ignored them all.

That mechanic feels a little undercooked.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where's a good guide to the DS1 and DS2 plots? I feel like I'm missing a lot of story stuff. Like, I know via internet osmosis that the general deal is "The Fire which is basically the thing making the world Not poo poo Less poo poo is going out, and the age of darkness is coming. Previously Gwyn linked himself to the flame to keep it going, then in DS1 you kill him and take his place (or don't, but that's not what's in the past of DS3). In DS2... stuff happens? With giants? And now in DS3 things have declined further and it apparently takes more souls to keep the Fire going, and everything is terrible.

Also: beat the first phase of AW! Now it's time to Git Gud so I can get my greedy claws on that sweet-rear end armor.

This video is honestly the best (and funniest) summary for DS1. Look up VaatiVidya on youtube and he has a bunch of good serious videos about the lore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

How good is the boulder vomit spell, especially in pvp? Not sure whether to get that or Havels ring.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where's a good guide to the DS1 and DS2 plots?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGS3O27XYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopqgAtk0Q4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNo9Ow6XG10

The answer is always VaatiVidya

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n3oa1UvQ360

Good thing there is more than one trick to fall back on.

absolute madman

The Wonder Weapon posted:

How good is the boulder vomit spell, especially in pvp? Not sure whether to get that or Havels ring.

havels havels havels

I got the boulder skill and it does like 100 damage on a good day with a long windup. Unless you have 0 latency perfect pvp havels is better for a lot more builds.

Maybe if you're toptier pvp extreme duelist the boulder might be a sweet trick though.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Slanderer posted:

I'm surprised it's still easy to get summoned for the Yhorm fight. When I was stuck on the Dancer (maybe I was underleveled?? idk), Yhorm kept me from running out of Embers (and gives like 10k souls if you are wearing that one ring), and since the fight is a dumb gimmick (especially if you target the sword at his dumb head) it made for the best farming of embers up to that point.

Dancer took me a handful of tries. The only thing that'd get me is the weird timing on her grab and her second phase sword dance before I figured out that she doesn't know how to dance through a pillar.

Mortimer posted:

Maybe if you're toptier pvp extreme duelist the boulder might be a sweet trick though.

It'd be better if you couldn't accomplish what it tries to do more easily and effectively with Rope Firebombs or, hell, just wheeling around with an Estoc and stabbing your pursuer a couple of times.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 21, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

One of my favorite things about pvp is people come in using green blossoms and weapon buffs and I just sit there in my rags and dont use anything, hell I even keep the silver serpent ring equipped and still win most of the time

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Boulder vomit is terrible, there are a lot more pyromancy spells that do what it does way better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Buschmaki posted:

I didn't buy this avatar, and your defense of a rape joke is disgusting and pathetic.

Butt Ghost posted:

This. But I will still apologize anyways. I'll admit when I'm wrong and did a bad thing.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm also sorry for derailing the thread and being rude, I just don't think rape jokes are ever really that funny so they're super offensive for no reason to me.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Did I miss out on the armor of thorns because when I first came through the Cathedral, I lost to invader Kirk?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Yeah you need to kill him (so the boss can't be dead) then find his body by Rosaria.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

We haven't had a Dark Souls game as good as Demon's Souls yet, nonetheless as good as Bloodborne.

but this is a troll post rigth

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Azazell0 posted:

Did I miss out on the armor of thorns because when I first came through the Cathedral, I lost to invader Kirk?

If you've beaten the Deacons already, then yes. If you lose to an NPC invader they will spawn in the same spot again as long as you're embered and the area boss is alive.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buschmaki posted:

I'm also sorry for derailing the thread and being rude, I just don't think rape jokes are ever really that funny so they're super offensive for no reason to me.

you said it 3 or 4 times now already but I'll quote you another time so you get more karma

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
What's a good level to shoot for if I want to park my endgame character for infinite PVP?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Dammit, this Watchdogs covenant issue is so frustrating. I started a new character who from SL 23 - 27 has only had 3 autosummons in two days of chilling in the woods and the poison swamp. Haven't infused any weapons, haven't reinforced any boss weapons. Highest reinforcement is +2 rapier and +2 broadsword.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

What's a good level to shoot for if I want to park my endgame character for infinite PVP?

invading or structured pvp?

invading uhhhh like 80 will match you constantly forever and ever

structured will probably be 120 again so 120 plus the matchmaking range = what everyone is going to be at

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cobalt60 posted:

but this is a troll post rigth

well he does have a point, the Tower of Latria is still the best area in the series

although Irithyrll of the Boreal Valley comes close for me

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RedTonic posted:

Dammit, this Watchdogs covenant issue is so frustrating. I started a new character who from SL 23 - 27 has only had 3 autosummons in two days of chilling in the woods and the poison swamp. Haven't infused any weapons, haven't reinforced any boss weapons. Highest reinforcement is +2 rapier and +2 broadsword.

The rumblings on Reddit are that certain people's games/connections are simply flat-out broken for autoinvades. There's people with identical SLs/weapon upgrades who are getting summoned at wildly varying rates. Whether this is a consequence of certain ports being blocked, some weird softban issue (re: the "getting banned due to moving items around in your item box offline" thing), or From Software not knowing what a computer is remains to be seen.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

BobTheJanitor posted:

That's weird, usually NPCs will allow you a few grace hits before getting pissed at you. And falling usually only does like 3 damage. I know I accidentally swung at the vendor lady and Andre once and all they did was say ouch.

I punched every single npc in firelink. twice!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I tried to herd a Mimic into attacking that mob of assholes and was very disappointed when it ignored them all.

That mechanic feels a little undercooked.

You tried the wrong enemy. The red eyed crucifix guy in one of the cells can singlehandedly kill almost all of them if you let him out.