Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

GOD, WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The reading from Paranormal Stupidity of Steve/Jeff is one of the funniest things I have heard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EmmyOk posted:

That tweet is a better version of the joke you're all trying to make

So... do you want applause for this post or what?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It doesn't matter I've already added applause and a hot Dr. Who nerd when I told my friends about this.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am a poster on a dying internet forum. i was posting in a thread about a podcast when someone with a very rude avatar stormed in.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

*I flex my powerful and nimble fingers (which are almost as powerful and nimble as my brain ed note: drat that's good) and begin typing a response on my mechanical keyboard*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God I love the Patreon episode.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

God I love the Patreon episode.
*vodka cringe*

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I guess I shouldn't spoil the subject, but there's a doc submitted a mere three days ago that's already recorded. drat, this one's going to be good.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Man, I could listen to the loving gross episodes and the wierd rear end ones, but... I just coudln't complete this. I don't know what it is but this awful self aggrandizing poo poo makes my stomach turn even more.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Phuzzy posted:

Man, I could listen to the loving gross episodes and the wierd rear end ones, but... I just coudln't complete this. I don't know what it is but this awful self aggrandizing poo poo makes my stomach turn even more.

*Stands up and applauds.*

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Phuzzy posted:

Too bad, it's the best episode in a really long time imo.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

Too bad, it's the best episode in a really long time imo.
Uh, it was a week after loving Clips4Sale.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Okay, fair point, aside from Clips Against Humanity it's the best episode in a long time...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
RELEASE THE FRANCINE KELLY EPISODE

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

RyokoTK posted:

Okay, fair point, aside from Clips Against Humanity it's the best episode in a long time...

Every episode is the best episode in a long time.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Radio Paranoia posted:

Every episode is the best episode in a long time.
You're thinking of Lou Reads.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Fun fact: ballp.it has a word filter that changes "clip" to "magazine" and guess who decided on that?

Side effect: can only talk about the Gamers Hip magazine.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

Red Minjo posted:

Fun fact: ballp.it has a word filter that changes "clip" to "magazine" and guess who decided on that?

Lemon did

...on my behalf!

gently caress you, I am a goddamn hero

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This suggest a bigoted discrimination against repeating rifles with stripper clips and fixed magazines.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Squint posted:

Lemon did

...on my behalf!

gently caress you, I am a goddamn hero

Boots, make a filter that changes magazine to clip and bullet to shell.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Phuzzy posted:

YES? HELLO! I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM, GOODBYE.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Speaking of, I'm working my way backwards through the archive and just got through the anal destruction episode!

It was perfectly listenable.

I think I'm broken.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

I think I'm broken.

If you're going to quote the episode, at least attribute it properly.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

McGlockenshire posted:

Speaking of, I'm working my way backwards through the archive and just got through the anal destruction episode!

It was perfectly listenable.

I think I'm broken.
The gross poo poo doesn't faze me either - the one Lou Reads episode that I've never gone back to is the one with the post about that kid who lobotomized himself with a BB gun. All the rusty horse speculums in the world don't compare to those fleeting minutes of :smith:.

Edit: Enema Please's molestation stories are also pretty awful, and I still haven't even downloaded the episode that's straight-up about child abuse.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 22, 2016

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Besides the kid stuff I can't go back to the big chasing episode either

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

No, he's definitely thinking of The F Plus. In my mind, there's never really been a bad episode. I like certain types of topics more than others but they're all good in their own way.

I see the appeal of Lou Reads but I prefer the banter and jokes and silly voices of The F Plus.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HoAssHo posted:

No, he's definitely thinking of The F Plus. In my mind, there's never really been a bad episode. I like certain types of topics more than others but they're all good in their own way.

I see the appeal of Lou Reads but I prefer the banter and jokes and silly voices of The F Plus.

For how similar the premises are, it's amazing how differently each podcast approaches it. I like having both, I think they compliment each other well.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I thought it was a joke about how often Lou Reads updates :rip:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Djeser posted:

I thought it was a joke about how often Lou Reads updates :rip:
ding ding ding

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

HoAssHo posted:

No, he's definitely thinking of The F Plus. In my mind, there's never really been a bad episode.

The Patreon episode. And even then it's fine if you approach it from the perspective that some of the ridiculists are the actual exhibits for that ep.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I think achilles heelys is a really cool reader

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mortimer posted:

I think achilles heelys is a really cool reader

A+ name game, solid A reader

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The only thing wrong with the Patreon episode is the overreactions. Just about everything else in it is solid.

Now the Tumblr one with Sylvia Plath, that thing was a goddamn trainwreck from the moment Kumquat's opener ended, and not in the fun way like Without Adult Supervision. :sigh:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The only thing wrong with the Patreon episode is the overreactions. Just about everything else in it is solid.

Now the Tumblr one with Sylvia Plath, that thing was a goddamn trainwreck from the moment Kumquat's opener ended, and not in the fun way like Without Adult Supervision. :sigh:

You weren't into the deep cliterature?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mars One is my favourite patreon reading

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guy Mann posted:

The Patreon episode. And even then it's fine if you approach it from the perspective that some of the ridiculists are the actual exhibits for that ep.

This is wrong. It's an amazing episode and the Ridiculists were completely justified at getting angry at those bottom feeding Patreon people.

Post your Patreon page.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think I could sketch the letterhead for The Martian Government's press releases

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This is wrong. It's an amazing episode and the Ridiculists were completely justified at getting angry at those bottom feeding Patreon people.

Post your Patreon page.

Yeah, and it's not like they're talking about everyone who uses Patreon. Just a certain type of person that wants to be paid for their hobby that they're lovely at and would be doing for free regardless. The ones you don't actually get much of anything in return for - just a poorly drawn catman with a big dick or something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Guy Mann posted:

The Patreon episode is fine, the only issue is that it throws you off in what kind of episode it is with the whole 'give me money' angle.

I've said it before in this thread, but the other 'give me money' episodes have their partners in episodes like the Ideas Wiki, Film Proposals, and Fantendo. Their subjects are primarily idiots that don't realize they're idiots, with absolutely no concept of what a good idea is, why they don't have one, or how to articulate one.

Much of the Patreon episode subjects are marginally smarter. They still don't really know how the world works, how they should actually approach getting money for what they do, but they've figured out just enough to be insufferably close to what's actually worked before. As such its closest neighbor is probably Review Rinse Repeat, with all its artists who want to Get Famous by just regurgitating what's got other people famous. It's a rarely-covered subject, but it's not really an invalid one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Are they really justified for getting angry about it though? Anger should be reserved for the people that are causing harm to others, like the smoking fetishists or the unschoolers.

I mean, we shouldn't make any bullshit about it -- it's clear that Portaxx has a chip on her shoulder about the whole Patreon thing, and the way I see it is that it's the wrong attitude to bring to an episode about making fun of dumb Patreon pages. She was annoyed the whole time because people were asking for money to do the same thing she did for free and they didn't want to get a job for it. Well, okay, but there's clearly a market for Patreon, and that's nominally what the site is about. There isn't some inherent problem to "I want to be an artist for a living, here's my art, wanna pay me for it?" That's literally what patronage is.

Now the question of whether those specific idiots deserve any money for their garbage work is different and deserves to be mocked.