Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I've encountered a few console crashing bugs which isn't even a thing I thought could happen on a console

Are you playing with a disc? I have the digital version and the only bug I e seen is sometimes when I swap weapons the model doesn't change but that's more hilarious than broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also my ps4 sound like a jet engine the whole time this game is running & that worries me i guess

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Benny D posted:

Are you playing with a disc? I have the digital version and the only bug I e seen is sometimes when I swap weapons the model doesn't change but that's more hilarious than broken

i have the digital version and i got to a point where every time i lost to the abyss watchers the game would crash

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i have thw digital ps4 version and the only crash ive gotten so far is when i owned debate me please so hard in pvp that my game crashed leaving his world

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Also my ps4 sound like a jet engine the whole time this game is running & that worries me i guess

mine too. but its nowhere near as bad as project cars. its all the hair + smoke effects probably. i wouldnt worry about it, if the fan is making a noise then it just means its working.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i dunno whether to make a new character or go NG+

nnew character

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Disc yeah. Hopefully it doesn't get scratched or anything, in the last month or so of playing Bloodborne there were suddenly certain textures that wouldn't load for a bit and showed up as gray squares

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Disc yeah. Hopefully it doesn't get scratched or anything, in the last month or so of playing Bloodborne there were suddenly certain textures that wouldn't load for a bit and showed up as gray squares

i get that in ds3 sometimes too. i think its just a side effect of the way they make games, its not super efficient like mgsv.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i like when textures dont load in dark souls 3 and objects look like chrome or opalescent

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dont actually know the first thing about how games work though, im just the son of a mechanic :P

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i get that in ds3 sometimes too. i think its just a side effect of the way they make games, its not super efficient like mgsv.

It's noticeable and happens all the time in ds3 where I almost think it's purposeful. Whenever I first load an area it's like everything is set to Low and then a few second later detail will pop in. I wonder if they did because the #1 complain about Bloodborne at launch was load times and this helped those be quicker to actually get you back in the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The other day I was in the tunnels in Smouldering Lake, I got summoned as a blue cop but the invader got killed as soon as I loaded in. When I got returned to my world all the doorways between rooms were missing so I could see through the level, it looked like noclip mode

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

invading in the catacombs, i baited the host into spawning the skeleton army. in his panic, he thwacked the rope bridge with his sword before running away across it. i cackled for a solid minute when he fell to his doom

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

on ps4? the game doesn't read from the disc at all after you install it, it's basically just there for copy protection

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
people are still skating around the floor when I phantom sometimes and once a giant rat charged at me in a narrow tunnel and pushed me out of the world so I fell into the void.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Question late game spoiler do Lorian and lothric actually die? I'm pretty sure he teleports them out at the end

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

Question late game spoiler do Lorian and lothric actually die? I'm pretty sure he teleports them out at the end

you get their souls and ashes so.....maybe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Benny D posted:

I know one Prince who died for sure...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

this really confused me and i googled it....... dark, man

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

i wonder what weapon you could transpose from his soul

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Jesus Christ

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

brutal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Homework Explainer posted:

invading in the catacombs, i baited the host into spawning the skeleton army. in his panic, he thwacked the rope bridge with his sword before running away across it. i cackled for a solid minute when he fell to his doom

I hope I never figure out what triggers the skeleton party, because it delights me so much whenever it happens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wonder what weapon you could transpose from his soul

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I hope I never figure out what triggers the skeleton party, because it delights me so much whenever it happens

For me it happened everytime, just like any other enemy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

dang

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

For me it happened everytime, just like any other enemy

huh, I guess it was broken for me on the japanese ps4 version. well, that rules then

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

OH poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The skeleton party is annoying when you're doing certain quests

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

im at crystal sage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

im at crystal sage

an insane pace

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

even though I didnt care for bonfire ascetics in DS2, I want them badly in this one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat, Prince, Chyna and now PoopyButthole in one day. gently caress you, 2016.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh man the maggot dudes get supremely owned by fire weapons

this is like some megaman 7 boss levels of reactions to an elemental weakness

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

even though I didnt care for bonfire ascetics in DS2, I want them badly in this one

id rather just have a difficulty menu or something. too many game mechanics spoil the broth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good thing it's estus soup and not vegetable broth

• Locked thread