Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Follow up: did you still win the game despite this

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2164446845/213473841?tab=overview

Yes. Unfortunately I have still brought great shame upon my family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

this captcha is just like my ranked games, also unnecessarily long

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

rip jungle malz

It looked pretty obscene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheH0uf8LDE&t=27s

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
zilean opens a time portal, and mid twitch appears. clicking on him, his inventory reveals

he is about to

what do you do?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
rip malady

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
why do I keep getting 4AP comps? Is that a thing suddenly?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

it will be in 2 weeks

i just won a game where our jungle xin got sated at 30min, we were behind early but by like a couple kills it wasn't a total shutout. i feel like i need to watch the replay just to figure out what the gently caress he was doing all game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radical posted:

it will be in 2 weeks

i just won a game where our jungle xin got sated at 30min, we were behind early but by like a couple kills it wasn't a total shutout. i feel like i need to watch the replay just to figure out what the gently caress he was doing all game.

I don't like it because it's not as amazingly fun to play top lane taric.

I mean we still dominated because once you hit midgame you can sit in the middle of the enemy team and never die, but still

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Radical posted:

it will be in 2 weeks

That thing a lot of devourer jungles do where they both manage to not successfully gank and also farm like poo poo

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this is like my 8th game on this patch and the first time ive actually gotten a taric on my team and not had him banned

i cant wait to be super underwhelmed by him

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My initial impression of Taric was that he was insanely overpowered but my measured impression of him after 4-5 games is that his lane presence is not fantastic, his mana costs are oppressive even if you are running regen, and he's probably still more of a situational anti-AD pick than a generalist.

His team fighting is incredible and dazzles are much easier to land into piles of people but the combo casting off the shielded target is a lot more underwhelming than I expected. His new ult is most definitely superior for coordinated team fighting especially at the highest levels of play, but his old ult and kit basically guaranteed you a kill at six if your lane opponent made a single mistake, which made it easier to snowball.

He has so little offensive presence now that he can't really posture unless his dazzle is ready to go and a jungler or mid laner is there to help gank. His cool downs are long enough too and you can't reliably melee in laning phase without eating trade damage, so if you fish with a dazzle and miss you might as well pack it up for the next fifteen seconds because you are going to get beat on.

I still think he's really strong he just has a lot more downsides than I initially thought.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I played against a taric and a wukong combo team last night and that poo poo just ain't fair

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

well i was maokai and was the second most damage on our team

we did not win, taric mostly fed and didnt seem to know what his abilities did

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tellin ya Taric top lane immediately removes the downsides you listed there.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was sadly last pick and could not pick the taric before our support could

e. our support this game is hovering taric and asked "is taric even good?"

i am going to ban taric.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Jungle taric feels like its a little weak, like its good but could be better. Has brutal ganks for laners with gapclosers but i feel like his damage is too low and hes not tanky enough.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

yeah there's no doubt it was absolutely broken in that state, and i'm kind of guessing it'll still be viable, you'd just have to be more careful about when/what you spawn your voidlings on and kiting

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wjN8dKx09k
:getin:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

yeah there's no doubt it was absolutely broken in that state, and i'm kind of guessing it'll still be viable, you'd just have to be more careful about when/what you spawn your voidlings on and kiting
Without the ability to spawn 3+ in the jungle (and thus enable the attack speed boost) jungle Malzahar is pretty much dead in the water.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
URF BEINGS

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

URF BEINGS

Quoting this so you can't edit and fix it later >:)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Biowarfare posted:

this captcha is just like my ranked games, also unnecessarily long

Wait a second what sorcery is this for, that's no riot site I've ever seen

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Luna Was Here posted:

Quoting this so you can't edit and fix it later >:)

BALLS

So because I wasn't playing when URF was introduced I've only heard about how hyped it is from my various friends who think it's the best thing ever.

Anyone care to share stupidly fun poo poo to do in it? I tried AA Bard and it was great.

Tank Malphite failed like a bitch and Dianna wasn't the infinite shields powerhouse I thought she would be because the CD starts after the shield expires and her Ult CD is still 5 seconds, so she gets burst to poo poo the moment you dive on someone.

Fizz is a monster and gently caress troll pole for life.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 22, 2016

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait a second what sorcery is this for, that's no riot site I've ever seen

it's bio so it could be literally anything, up to and including the tribunal

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

quote:

Miss Fortune
W duration and cooldown up. Love Tap no longer extends W’s duration, but now reduces its cooldown.

Retuning Strut for higher potential uptime should bring Miss Fortune’s baseline a little closer to the expectations of her class, without hindering the unique bullet-hell style of teamfighting she’s known for.

W - Strut
ATTACK SPEED DURATION 3 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
COOLDOWN 8 seconds ⇒ 12 seconds
REMOVEDTAP DANCING Applying Love Tap no longer extends the duration
NEWSTRUT YOUR STUFF Cooldown now begins on-cast instead of when the buff expires
NEWGUNS BLAZINGWhile Strut is on cooldown, applying Love Tap reduces its remaining cooldown by 2 seconds (scales down with cooldown reduction)

This is a really dumb patch note when the change actually lowers the potential uptime rather than increase it. It annoys me more than it should.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Gridlocked posted:

BALLS

So because I wasn't playing when URF was introduced I've only heard about how hyped it is from my various friends who think it's the best thing ever.

Anyone care to share stupidly fun poo poo to do in it? I tried AA Bard and it was great.

Tank Malphite failed like a bitch and Dianna wasn't the infinite shields powerhouse I thought she would be because the CD starts after the shield expires and her Ult CD is still 5 seconds, so she gets burst to poo poo the moment you dive on someone.

ap ezreal is really fun because you get to feel like a god 24/7
ap shaco is pretty satan
so is ap maokai
morgana can permaroot people and have 3+ pools active at one time
katarina has 2 second cd's on everything but ult, which is 8 seconds
unless they fixed it, kindred can hit W and her Q will take longer for her to perform than it will for the cooldown to come up, so shes pretty good too
rapid fire opinions activate: annie can be neat karma always has mantra malzahar cruises in the voidwagon through the streets of thresh and blitz hookcity lulu is mildly annoying at a faster rate rengar and riven are still garbage zed and talon are cool yorick is still not good and wukong gives me leukemia

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

The Mash posted:

This is a really dumb patch note when the change actually lowers the potential uptime rather than increase it. It annoys me more than it should.

How does it decrease the uptime? If you get one love tap a second during your AS boost it's only ever on cooldown while active so it has 100% uptime, if you miss one you get 2 seconds of downtime instead of getting eight as soon as you drop your combo. CDR seems way more reliable than trying to keep up an infinite chain. Does strut passive only reactivate on cast? Because if so the uptime on that surely is going through the roof.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
tsm hire this man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlqiQkx7XI

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Luna Was Here posted:

ap ezreal is really fun because you get to feel like a god 24/7
ap shaco is pretty satan
so is ap maokai
morgana can permaroot people and have 3+ pools active at one time
katarina has 2 second cd's on everything but ult, which is 8 seconds
unless they fixed it, kindred can hit W and her Q will take longer for her to perform than it will for the cooldown to come up, so shes pretty good too
rapid fire opinions activate: annie can be neat karma always has mantra malzahar cruises in the voidwagon through the streets of thresh and blitz hookcity lulu is mildly annoying at a faster rate rengar and riven are still garbage zed and talon are cool yorick is still not good and wukong gives me leukemia

Zed is cancer and awful to play against, especially if its the spamming mastery emote kind.

Wukong is also cancer.

Just had a game vs AP Shaco, Zed, Morgana, Yorick. It was awful and not fun to play against in the least. My team didn't have any of the champs mentioned in your post.

I am sad because playing Bard is fun but when I'm constantly running into Wu/Zed/Morg it makes me fell like I should be playing one of the anti-fun champs just to win.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gridlocked posted:

BALLS

why would you play tank malphite? go full ap and spam q untill your finger hurts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Urgot is a literal God in urf mode. You will eat everyone

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
Leona top felt way better than it should, but that probably has to do with our Vi jungle getting super fed ganking for me while I slowly turned into the unkillable stun machine.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why does urf have to be the weekend of pax :saddowns:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Mash posted:

Did you not read the second part of the notes?

NEW: STRUT YOUR STUFF Cooldown now begins on-cast instead of when the buff expires

So it's literally always off cooldown as long as you AA 2 targets

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What champions make you guys mad? Foe me it's Soraka, Voli, and Yi.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

Bard but only when he isn't on my team.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yi is the best champ tho

I don't like Thresh, I have a magnet on my for his hooks, they hit me no matter what, even if I juke or stay in the same place

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

any champ with multiple blinks/dashes because my brain is too feeble and slow to keep up with them

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Spiros posted:

Shyvana is secretly a Master Yi who actually ganks less but also doesn't kill towers as fast and I hate her with my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Tryndamere, Udyr, Vayne. Tryndamere is basically impossible to deal with without CC unless he's super behind, Udyr is such a fast jerk that he can gank through deep wards, and Vayne's stupid invisibility cancels Darius ult and her damage is impossible to itemize against.

• Locked thread