Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Real answer: EDF2

How poorly does it perform?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Sakurazuka posted:

Honestly I kind of hate ranked hits in rhythm games, it should be just hit or miss.

Western Rhythm Games are pretty much all Hit/Miss with no timing judgments. They're pretty much a Japanese Rhythm Game thing, and they're the only people really making them anymore (and they're also pretty much all arcade games too outside of Project Diva).

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Dodoman posted:

How poorly does it perform?

That is not a question you should ask about any EDF game. A superior question is how many bugs can be shown on screen.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

EDF2 is a mere 260MB. there's no reason to ever take it off your card.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

never played any persona or SMT game before, downloading P4G tonight because it's on sale. Should be a real hoot

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MinibarMatchman posted:

never played any persona or SMT game before, downloading P4G tonight because it's on sale. Should be a real hoot

Let me give you the hot hot tip that if you run past all the battles you will eventually be underleveled and unable to fight the bosses.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Takoluka posted:

Real answer: EDF2

What is EDF2 like?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Bugs, anime, more bugs, guns.

Explosions, bugs, more explosions, anime, bugs.

Also aliens.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

Bugs, anime, more bugs, guns.

Explosions, bugs, more explosions, anime, bugs.

Also aliens.

EDF is not anime.

It's tokusatsu. :colbert:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Slur posted:

What is EDF2 like?

Sadly not enough friendly AI soldiers running around, but it's got some really drat good bugs and aliens to shoot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Slur posted:

What is EDF2 like?

shoot bugs, possibly with friends

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

EDF is not anime.

It's tokusatsu. :colbert:

sentai super force

you are now fighting nu rita repulsa and her army of bugs

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

sentai super force

you are now fighting nu rita repulsa and her army of bugs

I'm almost let down that the new robot in 4.1 isn't formed by having 4 Air Raiders summon different colors of Vegaltas and them all combining.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm gonna do it

I'm gonna buy Atelier Ayesha and finally see if these games are good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oinkmoo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EDF2 runs great, better than 2017 Portable, which still runs very well. EDF2 seems to have been well optimized for the Vita.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

agreed, get vlr and play 999 first if you aint done that. its really fuckin good AND you wont get blueballed waitin to hear if a sequel is announced cause we're getting zero time dilemma in a month and a bit. gamer hell yea

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna do it

its cute + fun. if you like it even a little make sure you get atelier E&L cause its more of the same but more polished

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/722960594148593672

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna do it

They are. Pro tip: check your journal on occasion, because if it lists a task's reward as GATHERING GROUNDS that means it opens up a new area on the map. you'll have to do that sometimes to progress and people get stuck on that sometimes.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Am I supposed to buy God Eater because i've become resigned to the fact that Monster Hunter is never coming to Vita in a proper way?

I mean, I'll do it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes`

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna do it

Don't do it if questionable framerates bother you. The game literally never ran consistently in the 6 hours or so I put in before giving up.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna do it

you should have bought virtually any other atelier that doesn't force you to check town again and again at unspecified dates for a merchant that randomly appears to give you random but necessary things to do in what is easily the most annoying thing about atelier in the last 10 years

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm gonna do it

When you craft stuff that makes you gather or run faster make sure you equip them. How to do it is surprisingly optuse so I just wanted to make it clear you have to actually put them on.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you all for your very specific advice, I will put it to good use

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
If you thought you knew about DOAX3 mousepads... think again. Collector's edition pad? Pfft.
How about a life-size pair of bosoms to rest your wrist? O_o`

http://www.softgarage.co.jp/goods/doax3/

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MisterAlex posted:

If you thought you knew about DOAX3 mousepads... think again. Collector's edition pad? Pfft.

:chanpop: peep those €200+ mousepads

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

I acquired $20 to the PSN store recently. I have most of the Vita staples, including Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Celceta, and Cold Steel. I need a recommendation for any Vita game which you guys have found extremely addicting and fun recently.

Geometry Wars 3 is pretty cool

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I've heard so little about Geometry Wars 3 that I'm not even aware if it's good or bad, which is strange when GW2 was so popular. Why aren't people talking about GW3?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

I've heard so little about Geometry Wars 3 that I'm not even aware if it's good or bad, which is strange when GW2 was so popular. Why aren't people talking about GW3?

I've never played those games but maybe it's because there are so many more twin stick shooters these days

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

And we got a release date for God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, so you get Resurrection free if you preorder 2? That's a lot of God Eater.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, so you get Resurrection free if you preorder 2? That's a lot of God Eater.

Yeah, that's a great deal, and will probably push me to preorder it.

Have to decide whether I want it on PC or Vita now, though.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 22, 2016

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

MisterAlex posted:

Love how the japanese of one of this site's mousepads says (quite bluntly) "it's basically parody goods, impossible to use as a mousepad, but we'll make it the highest quality possible anyway!"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
June is rapidly becoming oversaturated. If you have any interest in buying stuff I suggest starting to save money right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HGH posted:

June is rapidly becoming oversaturated. If you have any interest in buying stuff I suggest starting to save money right now.

June is no-rent and bonus month so I'm okay, fortunately.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, that's a great deal, and will probably push me to preorder it.

Have to decide whether I want it on PC or Vita now, though.

I'd wait and see on the PC version, NBGI PC ports are incredibly varied in quality. Assault Horizon, RR Unbound and Zesty were good, Symphonia is astoundingly appalling and DS3 is pretty rough if you have a Kepler card with no word of a patch, just a work around that makes it look worse.

It'll most likely be fine, and Steam refunds are a thing now, but hey.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

MisterAlex posted:

lmao 1.6 kilos of plastic tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd wait and see on the PC version, NBGI PC ports are incredibly varied in quality.

Dark Souls 3 runs beautifully on my hardware, so it's definitely a YMMV thing, but yeah, I'll preorder at the last minute, once we know how the port is.