Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

OatmealRaisin posted:

Trump has a certain way of warping reality so if anyone can pull off the Etch A Sketch it's him. I think that might be too much even for him though.

his reality bending effect only seems to work on a certain subsection of the population though, if not on the same wavelength it's just offputting

sullat posted:

Or he could stay in South Carolina with its non-union Boeing factories and weird BBQ sauces. There's plenty of places around the country to fire off guns if that's your thing.

mods ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Fox Ironic posted:

I must have missed the change in statute.

A lot of things changed when our bisexual lady governor took over.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Christie lifts his axe and shouts, "MAGA!"

Lost it here, nicely done

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

homeless poster posted:

looking back, i think walker could have actually been a contender, especially with all of the koch money backing him, if he had just had someone who had been able to slap his credit cards out of his hands and make him stick to some kind of campaign budget; i think the only thing that spared us a lot more intense walker participation was that he literally went broke like a month into the campaign process.

Although poor planning and no campaign money was the reason he dropped out, don't forget that within the span of two debates Walker's support went from the mid-teens to 0%. Even surrounded by nine other retards on the stage he came across as someone who was so far out of their league intellectually. He also has an appearance less presidential than Ted Cruz.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

smg77 posted:

A lot of things changed when our bisexual lady governor took over.

Kate Brown is so awesome. Can't wait to vote for her.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
It wouldn't shock me if Christie tries to ineffectually torpedo Trump's campaign at some point in a diabetic near-coma of defeat

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Fox Ironic posted:

Kate Brown is so awesome. Can't wait to vote for her.

Kate Brown rules...lol if you don't live in a state where she is governor.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i don't think the etch a sketch is gonna work much better than it did last time around and i think the article about the fundraising difficulties is a sign of bad things to come but im being kinda boring with the believing anything matters and all

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgIhGgrhQeE

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

Nah at some point in the past few weeks he sent me a "good postin' lately bro", nothing strategic!

Lol jesus

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The Time 100 Most Influential People just got announced. Trump and Cruz are on there, of course, but so is Reince Priebus!

quote:

The party boss

Reince Priebus has almost single-handedly turned the Republican National Committee around. That success—and the doggedness behind it—doesn’t surprise anyone who knows him. He worked his way up through the ranks, starting as chairman of my congressional district’s Republican Party. When he became national chairman in 2011, the party was pretty beat up—and about $25 million in debt. He paid it all off, and he fixed the political, digital and data infrastructure so that we can compete on a level playing field with the Democrats. Our presidential nominee will have the best-equipped staff in history. Through it all, Reince has been a great friend. We’ve known each other since the early 1990s. My longtime chief of staff Andy Speth was his close friend in college. In stressful times, I often turn to Reince for advice. And I’m glad to say I’m still one of the very few people who know how to pronounce his name.

Click To Hear Paul Ryan Pronounce Reince Priebus

Ryan is the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
http://time.com/4301560/reince-priebus-2016-time-100/

"This is fine." - Paul Ryan, on Reince Priebus

William Bear fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 22, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

this is good content. everybody watch.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

i'm the weirdly reverbed chorus of children reciting the pledge of allegience during the breakdown

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
As his battered host lurches towards Pennsylvania, Lord Crooze ponders atop his giant rat. Idly he feeds a bogel to the grotesque creature. The Glotch chomps it greedily.

Suddenly Crooze sits up straight in his saddle, and turns to a weary intern. "That is your woman, up there, in the column?"

The intern nods warily. "Yes m'lord....she is..."

Crooze nods. "Bring her to my tent tonight. I will have her."

The men around him fall silent. Crooze changes the subject. "I have decided, we will steal those unbound delegates in Pennsylvania."

"Isn't that rather ignoble, m'lord?" Lady Fiorina says.

Crooze scowls. "This is the system. This is how the primary works. It may not be perfect, but by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it is the best one we have."

"Amen," the interns mutter. The Glotch rears up and squeals, shattering many nearby eardrums.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fidel Castronaut posted:

this is good content. everybody watch.

Striped suit jacket and jeans? Someone call 3O the fashion police!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
"Donald Trump says immigrants are jerks! What a regressive butt hole!"

*turns around*

"Do NOT move to Colorado, gently caress off we're full"

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

btw rural America has worse health than urban America, about two years less on the ol life expectancy. tons of stats here
https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/topics/rural-health-disparities
swear i saw something that showed it was still true comparing only lower income people but i can't find that link

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

As his battered host lurches towards Pennsylvania, Lord Crooze ponders atop his giant rat. Idly he feeds a bogel to the grotesque creature. The Glotch chomps it greedily.

Suddenly Crooze sits up straight in his saddle, and turns to a weary intern. "That is your woman, up there, in the column?"

The intern nods warily. "Yes m'lord....she is..."

Crooze nods. "Bring her to my tent tonight. I will have her."

The men around him fall silent. Crooze changes the subject. "I have decided, we will steal those unbound delegates in Pennsylvania."

"Isn't that rather ignoble, m'lord?" Lady Fiorina says.

Crooze scowls. "This is the system. This is how the primary works. It may not be perfect, but by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, it is the best one we have."

"Amen," the interns mutter. The Glotch rears up and squeals, shattering many nearby eardrums.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

What ridiculous fantasy.

To think that Fiorina would object that something is ignoble.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He finally found a bogel for the Glotch :unsmith:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/723293765574770688

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ahahaha oh my god

Maybe he's having trouble finding work?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lol rubio read the job requirements and said hell yeah

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Let's dispel the idea that Donald Trump's vice-presidential vetting teams know what they're doing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:mmmhmm:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

point of return posted:

Let's dispel the idea that Donald Trump's vice-presidential vetting teams know what they're doing.

Even if Trump gets 1237 I can see the veep choice being an utter shitshow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

point of return posted:

Even if Trump gets 1237 I can see the veep choice being an utter shitshow.

It's gonna be someone real desperate. Like Scott Walker.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Talk about debasing your humanity. I can't see why Trump would want to pick any one of his former competitors. Or that anyone of them would crap out the last of there pride and say yes. Except maybe Christie. I could see him do that.

Trump seems like the type to pick someone completely unknown and under the radar so as not to distract from the glory of Donald.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

It's gonna be someone real desperate. Like Scott Walker.

Scott Walker is not particularly desperate.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Automatic Slim posted:

Talk about debasing your humanity. I can't see why Trump would want to pick any one of his former competitors. Or that anyone of them would crap out the last of there pride and say yes. Except maybe Christie. I could see him do that.

Trump seems like the type to pick someone completely unknown and under the radar so as not to distract from the glory of Donald.

Who would be a good general to be the Veep? Like the LeMay for his Wallace. It's too bad Schwarzkopf died.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I have five Carsons and no Rubio. gently caress this.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

I remember him saying that he'd pick someone who has a history in politics, so I decided to check up on a guy who's been under the radar for several years now.
https://twitter.com/mollyesque/status/689988825880354817
Praising a pro-segregationist in this election wouldn't even crack the top 100 craziest things that were said.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
why would ted cruz cheat on his wife? like, idont loving get it

you tell a woman worth being a michelle obama 'you know, youd make a great first lady,' you are inviting to be cuck'd

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

why would ted cruz cheat on his wife? like, idont loving get it

you tell a woman worth being a michelle obama 'you know, youd make a great first lady,' you are inviting to be cuck'd

tone down the whiskey intake and try again. this made no sense.

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

mike12345 posted:

"politics is the new sports"

vp can only be carson, anything else is indicative of a lesser timeline and we know this is the best one

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh god, can you imagine if Rubio came begging for the VP slot? He's out of the Senate and his terrible campaign performance might've damaged his chance for Governor, maybe he could pull a Christie-style Hail Mary.

It'd be worth it to see those two standing next to each other on stage behind Trump.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

as halfway crooks posted:

"politics is the new sports"

vp can only be carson, anything else is indicative of a lesser timeline and we know this is the best one

We wish politics could draw as many diehards as sports. At best this primary (and maybe the GE) is comparable to a middling reality TV show with okay enough ratings for a new season.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mike12345 posted:

Now you know how Reince feels.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Dolash posted:

Oh god, can you imagine if Rubio came begging for the VP slot? He's out of the Senate and his terrible campaign performance might've damaged his chance for Governor, maybe he could pull a Christie-style Hail Mary.

It'd be worth it to see those two standing next to each other on stage behind Trump.

The VP debate would be amazing. Image Biden vs Rubio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Karl Sharks posted:

his reality bending effect only seems to work on a certain subsection of the population though, if not on the same wavelength it's just offputting

Yeah I don't know why people think that just because bunch of howler monkeys think that you are the poo poo anyone will. Trump can't even win decisively against Ted Cruz LMAO

• Locked thread