Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Man, it's weird to hear praise for any aspect of the Syndicate reboot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The best Human Revolution boss was the one in the Missing Link DLC because most of the actual battle was sneaking or fighting your way up to him, to the point where you could use your insta-kill/stun takedowns if you successfully snuck up on him. Also earlier in the DLC you can sneak into his office and if you find a hidden safe in the room you can steal his tricked-out custom gun so he doesn't have it when you fight him.

Considering all the negative feedback the OG bosses got and how much of an improvement the Missing Link boss was I'm really looking forward to some MGS-tier bosses in Mankind Divided if they actually learned their lesson :circlefap:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Man, it's weird to hear praise for any aspect of the Syndicate reboot.

I had never heard of or played the original, so to me it was a generic scifi fps. The gameplay, art direction, and music were pretty stellar. I imagine it would have been more successful as it's own original series, because from what i gather there was lots of backlash.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nasgate posted:

A half year later, Syndicate released with vastly better gunplay and augments.(and soundtrack)
who cares it's on Origin which i havent opened in nearly a year

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Thats why I forgot about that syndicate game. It prob wasn't even as good as Syncdicate WARS!

gently caress Origin!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have nothing for or against origin it just is completely forgettable so it may as well not exist in my mind

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Quest For Glory II posted:

i have nothing for or against origin it just is completely forgettable so it may as well not exist in my mind

But but don't you want to buy special ammo to kill stuff better in Dead Space 3? 1 cent per shot?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Quick question:

I'm trying to decide if the Strongbad game in the Telltale humble bundle is essentially worth :7bux: as I already have Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, and 400 days and don't really care about (or even want) the other two.

Thoughts? Is it cool and good, or is it lazy fanservice?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

As far as writing goes it's very funny stuff, there's even a couple musical numbers. I bought them at full price back in the day and have no regrets.

Don't expect anything mind blowing when it comes to the puzzles, though.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lurdiak posted:

As far as writing goes it's very funny stuff, there's even a couple musical numbers.

Cool, the writing is pretty much all these games are good for anyway.

Homestar Runner will remember this.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

huh
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/723285810028642304

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

I did have fun! :) I just thought the ending was pretty bad. Also wasn't a fan of the final enemies having oddly resilient shields but whatevs nbd. Had to restart the final boss a few times since I realized I didn't have enough ammo to kill it.

Gonna do zombie island of dr ned next

Dr Ned is pretty as long as you don't try to grind out all the quests. I think one of them requires farming enemies for hours.

The final dlc does rectify one of the big problems with the base game's ending.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't understand what any of this means

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Supposedly means people will be able to put up ROMhacks through Steam Workshop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

I think it means if you own Sonic 2 on Steam, Steam will let you play Sonic XXL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_7AZCrscP8&t=15s

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's a controversial statement: the Sonic games are too loving fast, they're barely even playable. I'm glad that someone was able to recognise that, and found a way to slow things down naturally, all the while incorporating my number one fetish

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Here's a controversial statement: the Sonic games are too loving fast, they're barely even playable. I'm glad that someone was able to recognise that, and found a way to slow things down naturally, all the while incorporating my number one fetish

Lycanthropy?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

Dr Ned is pretty as long as you don't try to grind out all the quests. I think one of them requires farming enemies for hours.

The final dlc does rectify one of the big problems with the base game's ending.

The Brains quest from Zombie TK? I picked that up early enough that I figure I'll just be getting brains for it during the rest of the main quests.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Jay Rust posted:

Oh great

Grand dad sonic hacks incoming

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Motto posted:

Supposedly means people will be able to put up ROMhacks through Steam Workshop.
this is sweet because steam workshop has like no moderation at all so people will just put up actual games like castlevania bloodlines and w/e

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

monday

"a tradition unlike any other" - jim nantz

the road to e3 begins

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Wc4_qzHv0

give us a pc port sega

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Ab8I30nN8

no no no no no YES

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quest For Glory II posted:

monday

"a tradition unlike any other" - jim nantz

the road to e3 begins

i am ready for the highs and lows
the epicness and the johnathan blows

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More like E Pee

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Where's the Sega Saturn classics at yo?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

It didn't end with him eating Tails so it's only a 9/10 imho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dark souls 3 is one of the best things I've ever played

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eonwe posted:

same. all my favorite old game areas are remixed into better versions of themselves and its streamlined for the most part to cut out the bullshit.
i miss not having the whole world built around above and below firelink but the individual areas are so good that whatever.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Eonwe posted:

It is my favorite game since Bloodborne and Rocket League. Oh and Nuclear Throne. There are a lot of good games from the last year.

But yeah dark souls 3 is really damned good. Make Armored Souls already, From

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

It is my favorite game since Bloodborne and Rocket League. Oh and Nuclear Throne. There are a lot of good games from the last year.

But yeah dark souls 3 is really damned good. Make Armored Souls already, From

i would love an armored core/ dark souls combo game that played like blaster master so you had two scales of gameplay and areas to travel around full of little caves and structures to explore on foot with some big shoot'em up boss fights etc.

edit: maybe i'll just play blaster master again.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 22, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
please make shadow tower 3

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

no...who did this to you...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eonwe posted:

It's good but it's no Bloodborne

I'm kind of glad it's the last one and I hope they mix up the formula more for whatever they do next.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 22, 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
A new giant robot or beat-em-up or card game from From could be fun.

Hell, they could make an Enchanted Arms sequel and I'd still probably buy it based on the strength of the Souls games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enchanted Souls where every character is a gay saxophone player

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rename the thread, it should be "April Chat Thread - Souls"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We talked about SF Zero a bit too

Not Quantum a Break though, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Nasgate posted:

I had never heard of or played the original, so to me it was a generic scifi fps. The gameplay, art direction, and music were pretty stellar. I imagine it would have been more successful as it's own original series, because from what i gather there was lots of backlash.
The best part of the new Syndicate was the asymmetric co-op which really owned. It was a good game when detached from the franchise's legacy and more people should try it out.

Still comparing it do Deus Ex HR is funny.

Also Deus Ex HR owned hard. It's a shame I didn't manage to save the pilot lady.

• Locked thread