Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Throw Overpass into reserves because there's nobody on this planet that actually enjoys it.
I actually quite enjoy Overpass. :unsmith:

Throw d2 in reserves. That would be nice.

e: Oh yeah, remember coldzera's amazing AWP play during the major?

So does Valve.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

symbolic posted:

Mercy me.

e: Also Nuke is now in Active Duty, Inferno moved to Reserves. :getin:

what the gently caress is this

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

what the gently caress is this
I thiiink it's another roadblock for smurfs. Who the gently caress would own more than one cell phone just for CS:GO?

I think prime accounts also get priority in MM searching or some bullshit?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Prime csgo could seriously cut down on cheaters

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
selling my phone # for $5 pm

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Guess since I already have steam auth enabled I don't need to give them my number again

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mcvey posted:

selling my phone # for $5 pm
You joke, but I guarantee this is happening right now.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
What the gently caress did they do to my fav map inferno

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Depths posted:

What the gently caress did they do to my fav map inferno
Reserves

Supposedly they're reworking it like they did Nuke.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think people could get around the phone requirement with this and google voice but it should be a big enough obstacle to stop many idiots

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

A TURGID FATSO posted:

also Inferno should ALWAYS be Active Duty. Throw Overpass into reserves because there's nobody on this planet that actually enjoys it.

That patchnote was pretty drat shocking.. and regardless of what ended up leaving the Active Duty list I definitely thought they'd give nuke some more play time first before throwing it back in.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

exethan posted:

I think people could get around the phone requirement with this and google voice but it should be a big enough obstacle to stop many idiots

Yeah the point is not to stop it entirely but to make it more and more inconvenient to smurf.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i might link my smurf to my girlfriends phone :D

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

i might link my smurf to my girlfriends phone :D
This is how one realizes that they are addicted to this game.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

e: Oh yeah, remember coldzera's amazing AWP play during the major?

So does Valve.

sucks for liquid to have to be reminded of that every loving time Mirage gets picked.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Photex posted:

sucks for liquid to have to be reminded of that every loving time Mirage gets picked.

no it's hilarious that liquid has to be reminded of that every loving time Mirage gets picked

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

exethan posted:

You can't use VOIP and certain carriers. Apparently some people have had success with google voice and some have not.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Inferno no, please god no noooooooooo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
They better loving remake it and remake it SOON

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

That more or less halved my map pool because no one ever loving queues for Royal and Santorini.

e: I'm assuming people are going to queue for it less, that is.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 22, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Nuke was a fairly popular reserve map all the way up until the remake, so I think inferno will probably still be eminently queable for a good while still

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
you know, for a very long time i thought "what if vaccing an account would also prevent the credit card used for it from purchasing that game ever again?" to combat cheaters and smurfs, and force them to actually commit a serious crime if they want to gently caress up the game. Obviously that is retardedly orwellian, but i guess phone numbers are alright? I dunno, I bet there's super simple ways to circumvent this (relative's phone, friend's phone, etc)

still, I like it

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
death penalty to cheaters, 10 years siberian labour to people who actually like inferno as it is

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I will not be satisfied until bans are linked to social security numbers like in Korea.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

death penalty to cheaters, 10 years siberian labour to people who actually like inferno as it is

i grew up on the blasted tundra, I've more than earned my right to love inferno and I'm already dead inside

But I'm also excited to see them make changes- if they give it the same treatment as train and nuke, I'll probably like a potential new version too

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Jeza posted:

i can't wait for inferno with properly visible sites

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Inferno is a good map, nuke sucks poo poo.

Any map that makes you anxiously turn in circles because the enemy can come from literally anywhere is a bad map. It's pure luck to be facing the right way to defend a site.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

Inferno is a good map, nuke sucks poo poo.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

I also need to do them all. Have a bunch of stuff to do the next few days but feel free to add me, I'd be game for late evening (Central Time): http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheJoeMan/

I added you just now. Need to do em all as well.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

afkmacro posted:

I added you just now. Need to do em all as well.

Cool, got it. Need to keep cleaning the apt hard for a roommate moving in at the end of the month but I'll hit you up on Steam if I see ya on and game for a co-op break.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Inferno sucks, overpass is alright, new nuke is bad because of the fps lag

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/YegorMarkeloff/status/723310706444111873

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Before FMPONE ruins cache I made a video from some sub.io fun on it tonight as well as a nifty trick from I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SPgVNA9UCg

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cache is loving boring anyway. It's enjoyable to watch but so goddamn tedious to play.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

Cache is loving boring anyway. It's enjoyable to watch but so goddamn tedious to play.

fennesz hot take everyone

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This Prime matchmaking sound good, assuming they can keep all of the disposable phone numbers (VoIP and such) out of the system.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Apparently a number linked to a banned account can be reused after 6 months

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im just leaving this here

https://imgur.com/a/Yk5eC

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I have discovered that you can buy the Zeus in deathmatch through the intricate process of accidentally hitting the wrong keybind.

Learn something new every day, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

Mercy me.

Holy gently caress. Best upgrade ever.