Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Palpek posted:

It's a shame I didn't manage to save the pilot lady.
Looks like you have some homework to do. Get on it!

The plot doesn't really change all that much if you do, but god drat is it satisfying to accomplish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Not Quantum a Break though, for some reason

We end up discussing that end of May, early June, but "something something time warping" and "beta testing in the future".

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

something I learned while re-reviewing E3 recaps from last year

Level 5 had their bizarre as gently caress thing before E3 where they announced twelve thousand Yokai Watch games but they also announced that terrible Layton 7 mobile game and Fantasy Life 2 for mobile, so i checked to see whats up with them

Layton 7 seems to have been indefinitely shelved, and Fantasy Life 2 has had three different delays, it was going to have a spring beta but it's now been delayed to "unknown"

its all lookin up

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Syndicate remake's co-op was miles better than the campaign in every way. It felt like two different games sometimes.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Plan Z posted:

The Syndicate remake's co-op was miles better than the campaign in every way. It felt like two different games sometimes.
Yeah, if somebody's into co-op I really recommend it, it's one of the best.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dr Cheeto posted:

Man, it's weird to hear praise for any aspect of the Syndicate reboot.
The coop was basically a cyberpunk skinned Payday, it was fantastic and really filled a niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srh3uZ5WHCw

It's too bad it never caught on

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Hi goons is there a Ratchet and Clank thread? I am struggling to see one but to be fair I am a loving moron.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hi goons is there a Ratchet and Clank thread? I am struggling to see one but to be fair I am a loving moron.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771963

It's almost dead though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I am a loving moron.

I got really confused for a second there without the bolding.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's good but it's no Bloodborne

I'm kind of glad it's the last one and I hope they mix up the formula more for whatever they do next.

watch out, you'll set off the "action souls" nut

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

Soul Calibur II is really good

I just played this a few weeks ago because I remember it being awesome and it was still loving awesome

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's still a really fast good feeling loving Soul Calibur and everyone is fun to do bullshit with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My girl was Taki, although I first played the game because Link was on the cover and I was a little baby when the game came out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played Nightmare and Talim a lot and eventually went towards Yun-seong until I got Assassin who had Hwang's moveset. I remember being in arcades doing his running kick three times which caused a ring out on the opponent if they were at the edge and it always pissed people off when I did and I always won with it as a kid at bowling alleys.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

This reminds me how much I liked Soulcalibur 3's singleplayer campaign. Unlocking weapons and enemies while going through a simple labirynth did it for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I played Nightmare and Talim a lot and eventually went towards Yun-seong until I got Assassin who had Hwang's moveset. I remember being in arcades doing his running kick three times which caused a ring out on the opponent if they were at the edge and it always pissed people off when I did and I always won with it as a kid at bowling alleys.

Lol. When I unlocked yoshimitsu I would always play 2 or 3 games with him against my friends and do nothing but pogo attacks and try to win before we got serious

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Palpek posted:

This reminds me how much I liked Soulcalibur 3's singleplayer campaign. Unlocking weapons and enemies while going through a simple labirynth did it for me.

That's the SC2 single player which was awesome

The SC3 single player is muuuuuch different

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

In Training posted:

Lol. When I unlocked yoshimitsu I would always play 2 or 3 games with him against my friends and do nothing but pogo attacks and try to win before we got serious

I would do suicide attacks and my friends never understood why I picked Yoshimitsu because that's all I did whenever I picked him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I would do suicide attacks and my friends never understood why I picked Yoshimitsu because that's all I did whenever I picked him

Hahaha oh yeah that was sick. Just committing seppuku in the middle of a battle

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Baal posted:

That's the SC2 single player which was awesome

The SC3 single player is muuuuuch different
Oh poo poo, I mixed that up then. So it turns out I'm also a fan of SC2 because the later single-player campaigns didn't grab that magic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wish that Ultimate Edition of Socal2 that came out recently had Link in it. He was my boy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I liked SC2 because Raphael could just push his opponent to the edge of the stage and then throw them off over and over and over until your friend Jason unplugs the PS2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Raphael throw where he just keeps stabbing you until you fall off the stage is win

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jason, Nathan, Skylar, and Brian: Bro you gotta stop playing Raphael, this is an intervention, you gotta stop doing the throw, you just gotta do it bro.

Me: *presses the R1 button to knock all of them out of the ring*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
duck soles

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Jason, Nathan, Skylar, and Brian: Bro you gotta stop playing Raphael, this is an intervention, you gotta stop doing the throw, you just gotta do it bro.

Me: *presses the R1 button to knock all of them out of the ring*

lol, skylar

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

epic exquisite tea brand infringement

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

i'd play duck soles

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Eonwe posted:

dark souls 3 is one of the best things I've ever played

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

same. all my favorite old game areas are remixed into better versions of themselves and its streamlined for the most part to cut out the bullshit.
i miss not having the whole world built around above and below firelink but the individual areas are so good that whatever.

Yeah, the compactness of DS1 was really cool, but I like that in DS3 you can see basically the whole world from any high vantage point. You can look forward and see places you're going to go, and back and see places you've been.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Snak posted:

You can look forward and see places you're going to go, and back and see places you've been.

dark souls 3 is a community college graduation

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cuck souls

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I have the Souls fatigue. I need to play a game where I can look at an NPC and not go, "Oh, you're a nice person. You're definitely going to die"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

I have the Souls fatigue. I need to play a game where I can look at an NPC and not go, "Oh, you're a nice person. You're definitely going to die"
Try Mother 3.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spankety spankety spankety

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FutonForensic posted:

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FutonForensic posted:

Captain Toad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FutonForensic posted:

Either they're a nice person and someone else is going to kill them or they're a mean person and you're going to kill them. Life is hard in soulsborne for NPC's.

• Locked thread