Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Shmoses posted:

Suns players real pumped for the China trip

lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Shmoses posted:

Suns players real pumped for the China trip

I can see Eddie McGuire's pitch now.

"Son, if you sign with us you will only have to get on a plane 2 or 3 times a year, tops."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mason Cox is apparently debuting on Monday; He was named at Full Forward for the Magpies and generally being named on the field means that you're probably gonna play.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

The Deadly Hume posted:

I'm pretty chill about everyone really.

Even Buddy, I get why he needed to get out of Melbourne and after the 2014 GF I could call that quits, and he's still fun to watch even if he's wearing the wrong colours now.

Actually I kind of like the guys that make everyone else angry, Boomer, Ballantyne, etc. It was only Milne I wanted to see badly hurt in someway.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong about yourself or anything, but it's pretty easy to be chill when your team keeps winning every year.

I don't see why it's so difficult to have umpire's just declare their allegiances and then not have them umpire matches involving those teams. In the modern era of social media where you can probably find every umpire's Twitter feed with minimal effort, wouldn't it make sense to try and nip any potential complaints on that basis in the bud? And it's not like it would be difficult to do.

Alternatively, let's go all in and let each team have their own dedicated and biased umpire who calls bullshit to try and out-cheat the other one :3:

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 22, 2016

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Do the majority of umpires still come from Victoria?

If so, that's why. If you had a surplus of umps coming from WA or SA and favouring those teams you'd have Eddie Mac whinging about it non stop in the press.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I'm actually surprised Eddie isn't whinging more about the state of the game, because its a state that currently has the pies 15th

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm actually surprised Eddie isn't whinging more about the state of the game, because its a state that currently has the pies 15th

Wait until Monday afternoon :getin:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I want Essendon to win just so that Eddie has to double down on his 'stand by Bucks' line

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I want Essendon to win just so that Eddie and Bucks gets fired. That would be amazing to watch.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bomber Thompson can go gently caress himself in my books after bad mouthed Gary Jr. about loyalty to Geelong during the contract talks, yet behind the scenes was busy making his move to Essendon.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Do the majority of umpires still come from Victoria?

If so, that's why. If you had a surplus of umps coming from WA or SA and favouring those teams you'd have Eddie Mac whinging about it non stop in the press.

That Hayden Kennedy article says it's still 80% Victorian, or at least 80% living in Victoria

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Picked Hawthorn tonight. Hawks at the MCG is a tough ask for any team.

Also :laffo: at these posts:

This umpire's bias was revealed last week in a game against St Kilda but of course it's just a Crows fan holding a grudge. :qq: you poor, put upon Hawthorn supporters :qq:

Oh my god

My comment was more in general about the whole thread, though. NTrabbit just happened to post the latest, before the game is played even. Adelaide are probably going to win.

realbez fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 22, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hoping for am Anzac day draw because both sides can get hosed.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

You Am I posted:

Bomber Thompson can go gently caress himself in my books after bad mouthed Gary Jr. about loyalty to Geelong during the contract talks, yet behind the scenes was busy making his move to Essendon.

He gets a pass in my book. I have a good eye for people with brain problems and Mark Thompson sets off alarm bells in my head.

EDIT: If you aren't cheering on the drug free dads army to topple the Buckley regime you've no soul

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

hiddenmovement posted:

He gets a pass in my book. I have a good eye for people with brain problems and Mark Thompson sets off alarm bells in my head.

EDIT: If you aren't cheering on the drug free dads army to topple the Buckley regime you've no soul

Yeah there is definitely something off with Bomber and there has been for awhile. I'm really glad we didn't keep him on after that one year, not that I'm glad we got Hird back, but I just wasn't getting the feeling that it would have been good for him or the club.

And yay, we are passing over into sympathy territory and people are starting to hope we ruin other unpopular sides in upsets. I mean Collingwood should win this ... it's their game to lose. They should have a point to prove and get the job done. If they don't, the aftermath will be more entertaining than the match itself more than likely.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

realbez posted:

Oh my god

My comment was more in general about the whole thread, though. NTrabbit just happened to post the latest, before the game is played even. Adelaide are probably going to win.
Yeah probably, because we have been a bit off pace the last couple of weeks, and Adelaide have been looking pretty good so far.

cmndstab posted:

Not that I'm saying you're wrong about yourself or anything, but it's pretty easy to be chill when your team keeps winning every year.
Oh of course. But even when we're down (which has been a while) I didn't blame loving umpire conspiracies ... oh wait, yeah I did. Basically any umpire whose name started with Mc. McInerney was the worst...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

300 for Burgoyne this weekend, he's also still playing really well so I wonder how many he'll end up on. Also in Murphy news, he had his surgery today/yesterday and he seemed in good spirits on twitter.

edit: So the Freo entry on this weeks Sliding Doors is all about how the best thing that can be said about them this season is at least Cloke turned them down three years ago. At least he's rightfully put off by Martin being selected to play this week considering how he was knocked the gently caress out.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 22, 2016

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Deadly Hume posted:

But even when we're down (which has been a while)

5 games ago you won a grand final. get some perspective.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Frogmanv2 posted:

I think it is pretty obvious he meant to say "hasn't". Honestly.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

I think it is pretty obvious he meant to say "hasn't". Honestly.

quote:

Yeah probably, because we have been a bit off pace the last couple of weeks, and Adelaide have been looking pretty good so far.

uh huh. obvious.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

I was thinking about 2002-2004 when we were a bit rubbish and it was entirely possibly we could've gotten Wallace instead of Clarkson and still be rubbish.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

But cool jump down my neck because you failed English.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Frogmanv2 posted:

uh huh. obvious.

So. Are you guys all huge cunts in real life or have we just decided in the last few months that we aren't bigfooty enough here?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I should use separate posts for separate thoughts to accommodate you, I guess.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
can't believe all these flat earth homers who try to deny hawthorn bribes the umps lol.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Anyone follow Sportsbet on facebook? Whoever they have running their page has a good sense of humour.

https://www.facebook.com/sportsbetcomau/photos/a.133170250048394.15560.113208555377897/1155093164522759/?type=3&theater

EDIT: Son of a goddamn bitch, literally the minute after sharing this post with a friend of mine Daniel is withdrawn from this weekends match.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 22, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The Deadly Hume posted:

Oh of course. But even when we're down (which has been a while) I didn't blame loving umpire conspiracies ... oh wait, yeah I did. Basically any umpire whose name started with Mc. McInerney was the worst...

Am I allowed to forever curse the name of Razor Ray? The worst thing about him is that when he's umpiring a match, he seems to drag the other umpires down to his level.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

I think everyone hates Razor so yeah.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Volkerball posted:

can't believe all these flat earth homers who try to deny hawthorn bribes the umps lol.

actually, all umps have pledged allegiance to hawthorn

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

300 for Burgoyne this weekend, he's also still playing really well so I wonder how many he'll end up on. Also in Murphy news, he had his surgery today/yesterday and he seemed in good spirits on twitter.

edit: So the Freo entry on this weeks Sliding Doors is all about how the best thing that can be said about them this season is at least Cloke turned them down three years ago. At least he's rightfully put off by Martin being selected to play this week considering how he was knocked the gently caress out.

Barrett also said "we were aghast at Nick Riewoldt playing last week" when Roo passed his concussion test during the game along with every other one during the week. So even if he was right about the possible issues to do with Martin playing this week he was totally wrong about everything else he said. Basically, Barrett is probably the worst journalist in the AFL media and should be blacklisted by every club for some of the crap he pulls.

I want everyone in the thread to know that it's okay to hope that Barrett gets eaten by a pack of feral dogs on his way to work one day. We should be united in our hatred of bad AFL journos.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
On the other hand, Barrett gets under Robbo's skin, so it's not all bad.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

glasnost toyboy posted:

On the other hand, Barrett gets under Robbo's skin, so it's not all bad.

I'll take Robbo over Barrett.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Robbo might be a poo poo journo but he seems like far less of a poo poo bloke than Barrett. Barrett is also probably a significant step down in terms of journalistic integrity when compared to Robbo - even when you consider his reporting on the Pies drugs thing recently.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Whatever happened to Craig 'Hutchy' Hutchinson

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Or, as the Americans would say "Creg Hutchinson"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Robbo is like your perpetually drunk uncle who is mostly harmless, Barrett is like your uncle who has it together but comes across as really scummy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
What does going on air constantly intoxicated say about your journalistic integrity?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

I believe he does a radio show and sometimes commentates with everyone's favourite player manager

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

snaeksikn posted:

Or, as the Americans would say "Creg Hutchinson"

Press egg for Craig commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Barrett works for him, while Craig just makes a lot of money from all the AFL related contracts his Crocmedia company seems to acquire

• Locked thread